The Worst Possible News???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkk01
  • 108 comments
  • 8,962 views
[cynicism]Damn 10% will probably take 10 months. 1% for each month!/[cynicism]

:dopey:
 
Do I have to remind you that the progression of the game's development has very little to do with the marketing (unknown) decisions of Sony?

Who knows maybe it's already at 100% but it won't come out before june.
 
Absolutely. I'd like to think he's being honest and direct as possible in regard to the game's completion. Of course it could be done. Of course it could be only 75%. But cyincism reigns supreme in the realm of the unknown :(

Let's hope it's 90.5% now.
 
Someone please change the title because the current one sounds like the world is going to end. Anyway an answer to your prologue question. Prologue means before. So the pods are before the release date of GT5, so its kind of like a mini prologue.
 
hahaha, yes I think this is the creative drama thread, how about if sony abandoned PD and then microsoft picked them up and made it an exclusive xbox 360 title, now that would be a worse case scenario!
 
hahaha, yes I think this is the creative drama thread, how about if sony abandoned PD and then microsoft picked them up and made it an exclusive xbox 360 title, now that would be a worse case scenario!

Again, no.

The game would be released. :p
 
All I can say is that the time trial we downloaded was GT5 branded not GT5:P, enough said.
 
how about if sony abandoned PD and then microsoft picked them up and made it an exclusive xbox 360 title, now that would be a worse case scenario!

How would that works when Kazunori is one of the heads at SCE? PD is SONY...
 
Anyone still care to tell me that Sony aren't back pedalling on this????
 
The worst possible news are that GT5 comes in christmas 2010.

Sorry my english.
 
Listen guys atleast you will be able to occupy your time with games like... God of war 4, heavy rain 2. Uncharted 3. All is not lost.


Sorry I know it was in poor taste, I have other console racers to keep me going of which I am currently involved in an online league. I am still eagerly anticipating GT but I feel your pain of being starved of a good racer.
 
Listen guys atleast you will be able to occupy your time with games like... God of war 4, heavy rain 2. Uncharted 3. All is not lost.


Sorry I know it was in poor taste, I have other console racers to keep me going of which I am currently involved in an online league. I am still eagerly anticipating GT but I feel your pain of being starved of a good racer.

Look how it is, i have, F3(in the other console), in PC(a da** good pc): rFactor, GTR Evo, RBR, Dirt 2, Shift, Grid, in PS3: GT4, GT5p, Ferrari Challenge, GTHD, GT5tt and a DFGT, and i play all, but... i just want GT5!!!!
 
Worst possible news: GT5 is a PS4 launch title
 
@OP

Man, you're some kind of psychic, the worst possible news really came...

Maybe this thread has spread voodoo energy, which was sent to the sony headquarters, making the executives take this stupid decision to release the game in the Fall. I will call John Winchester to finish off your supernatural posting.
 
Blah Blah Blah....GT5 isn't coming out till Fall.......Boooo Hoooo!! Just another few more months of Failed to Connect and overall boredem that GT5P gives nowadays.

Whatever shall we do.....?? :banghead:
 
Blah Blah Blah....GT5 isn't coming out till Fall.......Boooo Hoooo!! Just another few more months of Failed to Connect and overall boredem that GT5P gives nowadays.

Whatever shall we do.....?? :banghead:

Maybe just maybe codemasters can deliver on F1. I know it's a long shot but you never know. It's the only other console racer that interests me. Might help with the GTless blues.
 
'Listen guys atleast you will be able to occupy your time with games like... God of war 4, heavy rain 2. Uncharted 3. All is not lost.'

GT5 isn't just another game, I bought a PS3 exclusively for GT5 and Blu-ray.

My alternative is not to play other PS3 exclusives, it's to buy a 360 for Forza 3 or a new PC for rfactor etc.

The way things are going Forza 4, or at least a Forza 3 special edition, will be released before GT5.
 
If it wasn't for the TGS demo, TT 'demo' etc, I'd be inclined to agree that it may be just a Sony marketing delay thing for business reasons..

However, if it was so close to completion, IMO, they really should have proper demos' running by now at trade events, with all the AI/Physics etc in place.. Also, the TT Demo would have been a prime time to show it all off as well, just one track, 2 cars, yet it apparantly is no where near the 'final build' with only the physics possibly being representative..

It just doesn't add up for me.. I can't wait for the game, but it's sounding more and more like PD just is very late..

It does look also suspiciously like they are following the original GT:HD roadmap, as has been mentioned in other threads, and I'd say there is more credence to the theory that that is Sony's GT5 'target' feature list and has been all along, however PD are just so far behind that it's now a case of which features will be cut (lets hope not many with the delays possibly occuring).

In this day and age, it makes no sense that if you are so far along, you wouldn't be pushing solid credible information and media at us to make the wait worthwhile..
I don't see the positives of being deliberately so vague at this stage, we still have so little 'concrete' information, we don't know what type of a game we are getting..

To my mind, it all looks and smells like the lack of concrete info is because they themselves aren't sure exactly what stage of development the game will get to before it has to be released...
 
I find myself agreeing with you Phil. There's been so much utter crap announced by PD and Sony over the last couple of years I'm currently not even interested in hearing their "official release announcement" I'll believe it when I have the disk in my hand.
 
The way PD have gone about developing GT5 seems to lack direction and suggests they have no clear plan for the game. GT-HD, Prologue, it might have this feature it might have that.

They need to draw a line in the sand and stick to the plan. I personally would buy the game every two years and they could keep improving it that way. Trying to make GT5 "perfect" is just stupid. Have PD not heard of GT6?
 
The way PD have gone about developing GT5 seems to lack direction and suggests they have no clear plan for the game. GT-HD, Prologue, it might have this feature it might have that.

They need to draw a line in the sand and stick to the plan. I personally would buy the game every two years and they could keep improving it that way. Trying to make GT5 "perfect" is just stupid. Have PD not heard of GT6?

They even heard of GT5:indiff:
 
Maybe just maybe codemasters can deliver on F1. I know it's a long shot but you never know. It's the only other console racer that interests me. Might help with the GTless blues.

Your quite right Spagg, F1 could be the only Race Sim that holds a challenge on or offline. I'm not a fan of Codemasters though. I think they have ruined the Colin McRae Title and always had a more arcade feel when it comes to their race sims but they have produced a alot of good race sims that have often been a pacifier for an anticipated release date for any of the GT Titles.
 
EDITED BY MODERATOR:Completely off topic
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The worst news that you seem to hear a lot, is how bad Obama is working on this so called, "Change". It's just no use for him to still be in office. Even if tries to keep his good face on, he still tends to loose it in between the speeches. Democrats are first saying that it's Bush's fault, well HEY!, when he leaves the chair, now most of U.S. citizens will say it's "Obama's" fault.

This is a thread about GT5, not about how pissed you are with Obama because your dad lost his job the second Obama was inaugurated, so his boss can blame his redundancy on Obama and not the idiot that was Bush.
 
This


only if I won't be playing GT5 by the time it happens.
 
Look how it is, i have, F3(in the other console), in PC(a da** good pc): rFactor, GTR Evo, RBR, Dirt 2, Shift, Grid, in PS3: GT4, GT5p, Ferrari Challenge, GTHD, GT5tt and a DFGT, and i play all, but... i just want GT5!!!!

This is how I feel. Every driving game I play on either PS3, 360 or PC is purely to keep me occupied until GT5 arrives.

I've played some good driving games across the formats but this is the one I'm really waiting for. Like most people I bought my PS3 specifically for GT5. This news today, if true, is like a proverbial kick in the balls.

This game is fast becoming soft-where?


P3nT4gR4mThere's been so much utter crap announced by PD and Sony over the last couple of years I'm currently not even interested in hearing their "official release announcement" I'll believe it when I have the disk in my hand.

This^👍
 
Who cares about Kaz?? Save the translator guy! :D

I think the translator guy is secretly the real GT mastermind.

The worst possible news are that GT5 comes in christmas 2010. At this point I'll be happy if you're right and we get the game in 2010 at all.

Sorry my english.

You should just put "Sorry my english" as your tag lol. Anyhow it's better than many native English speaking peoples' English hah.

The worst news that you seem to hear a lot, is how bad Obama is working...

oh god please no politics here :crazy:
 
This is a thread about GT5, not about how pissed you are with Obama because your dad lost his job the second Obama was inaugurated, so his boss can blame his redundancy on Obama and not the idiot that was Bush.

👍
Keep these kind of views out until GT5 becomes a matter of political policy
 
Back