The Worst Possible News???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkk01
  • 108 comments
  • 8,963 views
I think I`ll add my 2 cents ``Benz Patent Motorwagen hill climb``:nervous:
 
I think I`ll add my 2 cents ``Benz Patent Motorwagen pikes peak hill climb``:nervous:
 
Is the glass half full or half empty?

Maybe it's just half a glass of water...

The glass is completely empty. Srsly! Put half a beer down in my presence and you'll see what I mean :sly:
 
The worst possible news for me would be that some cars and tracks would only be available as paid DLC.
 
Last edited:
The worst possible news for me would be that the some cars and tracks would only be available as paid DLC.

only if the DLCs come a week after the game comes out, like what T10 does.
 
You don't have to buy it. Turn 10 also provide free cars.
 
The worst possible news is that you're going to be killed imminently. So no, I wouldn't say it's that bad.
 
They're just re-using pods they've used several times before. We've seen GT5 runinng on GT5:P branded pods several times, not just now. Yes they have GT5 branded ones, but they have GT5:P branded ones doing the rounds as well. You're reading too much into this imo, the big marketing nitiatve (which I premuse there will be) hasn't kicked off yet, so it's a bit of a non-issue until that does.

What he said.

Also, someone only has to fart the sound of GT5 exhaust at the minute for it to get picked up and reported on here. Some geezer at Sony just thought they'd use stuff in different places, save cash and all that.

I think everyone just needs to calm down a bit, it's been that long I've developed a sort of gallows humour towards the release, I'd advise others to do the same. Then again I'm English, I'm used to queuing!
 
How about a major earthquake destroys PD offices. Resulting in loss of GT5P servers and all data pertaining to GT5. All thats left is a 12 minute demo of the SLS on the Nurburgring.

The sad thing is, you will still be able to count a 12 minute demo release as "progress" considering what stage of release we're currently at.

I would be dirty if GT:5 had some kind of inflated "premium" price to make up for the xtended development and delays. I think that would be a real kick in the teeth for GT fans.
 
Last edited:
Settle down OP, the AMG pods are running prologue so they're branded as such. There's no way in hell they'd give their new engine to a 3rd party. It'd be cacked and releasd on torrent in a matter of milliseconds. The ring getting leaked on prologue won't matter so much, compared to the cheque AMG will be sending.


This I can buy - it has the ring of what corporates find important about it.

Anyone who thinks they have GT5P on them just to save money, or because nobody could be bothered to change them is incredibly naiive of the business world.

Put it another way - would T10 demo FM3 on a set up branded FM or FM2... would MS launch Windows 7 with any hint of Vista in the background - this stuff is important to all the suits...

Anyhow, sorry if I've caused any alarm :guilty:, but I had actually picked up on the wording of the news article, which flagged the GT5P branding - which prompted my quite genuine concerns. I my be reading far too much into this, and I certainly hope so, but it does have the faint smell of a U turn to it


ETA - and Re.: the comment regarding the pods running the Ring on Prologue - that's what I figured, hence my comment about the Ring and SLS as a 5P update.... of course, that would only be a consideration if GT5 were a long way off, and let's hope that's not the case.

I'd not seen photos of the Brussels show - only of the gameplay, and the only pods I remember seeing right back to summer 09 were GT5 branded.
 
Retailers don't know jack. I would think that this is common knowledge.

Tell that to the online retailer who dated GTA Liberty City Stories for the PS3 last week. It was met with comments like yours...........

Anyone see Rockstars announcement today? :sly:

What I'm saying is. Sometimes Retailers get inside info. I did when I worked at Blockbuster Video.
 
How about a major earthquake destroys PD offices. Resulting in loss of GT5P servers and all data pertaining to GT5. All thats left is a 12 minute demo of the SLS on the Nurburgring.

I thought it was just me that worried about the exact same thing :)
 
The Worst Possible News? No news! ;)
 
I catually got news today at work (Ebgames) message from sony that GT5 is postponed to june 1st soonest, until now its just been dates set by the shop itself or the shop headquaters, but not from sony.

So no news is good news as usual :(
 
By the way, I just realized something - a big deal was made about the branding on the pods themselves, but if you look behind the pods, on the wall itself, it has, in huge lettering: Gran Turismo 5 SLS Experience
There is no "Prologue" in there at all :P
 
I don't think we will see the game much before May 2010.

If the game was coming out end of march the shops would already have the official box art in the shops confirming this and a release date (like they always do).

Its like we are all waiting in the cold at a film premiere for the star of the show to pull up in a limo and walk down the red carpet - but every time we hear a car pull round it's sadly not them.

Its getting cold and now its starting to rain and lots of people have had enough and turning around to go home.

They have had enough.

Heavy rain & Aliens versus Predator are out this month so I'm going to be busy on them for then next few months.
 
Tell that to the online retailer who dated GTA Liberty City Stories for the PS3 last week. It was met with comments like yours...........

Anyone see Rockstars announcement today? :sly:

What I'm saying is. Sometimes Retailers get inside info. I did when I worked at Blockbuster Video.


So they occasionally get lucky?

Don't be obtuse.
 
Suddenly everyone become a Marketing Executive? Believe-me... i´m graduated in MK and Advertising ... dont know EVERYTHING , but what i do known is : They´re getting the attention they want, and thats a good marketing strategy. A delay announcement really downs the expectations ( not sure about this word ) but by other way it raises up the HYPE . And HYPE = SELLS . Im nothing telling you that they delayed by purpoise ... but they are really getting allllllllll the attention, just what they need for a WORLWIDE RELEASE ...
 
The worst news possible?
A kamikaze walks into PD studios and blows everything, all the servers, all the informations stocked...all the crew, including Kaz and the translator guy.
 
Last edited:
The worst possible news:

Kia buys Polyphony Digital, and changes the name of Gran Turismo to Kia Mania where Kias are unbelievably fast and all rear-wheel drive cars you face (which you can't drive) all spin out as a sign of front-wheel drive supremacy.
 
The worst possible news:

Kia buys Polyphony Digital, and changes the name of Gran Turismo to Kia Mania where Kias are unbelievably fast and all rear-wheel drive cars you face (which you can't drive) all spin out as a sign of front-wheel drive supremacy.

How is that the worse possible news? The game would be released. :lol:
 
Hi fellas. New member. [Also waiting for GT5........]

Watching TV this morning, The Daytona 24hr is running today in the US (Prototype cars running on Daytona road course); lots of Nascar commercials;... had a thought. Maybe it has been discussed here before...

Nascar season here in the states begins Feb 14 or something close (I don't follow that series, which is odd for an American I guess) [please don't stereotype, not all US loves it] But I would think that since PD now has this series on GT5, they are probably producing their marketing for the US to include this part of the game, which would also jibe with the excuse KY has given for delay.

For a US market to be viable for PD, and for Sony to produce, it would seem that Nascar drivers and teams would need to be on board. Nascar does their advertising up big. Takes time to produce.

Just thinking out loud..... What do yall think?
 
What I'm saying is. Sometimes Retailers get inside info. I did when I worked at Blockbuster Video.

Lol i was in charge of a couple of branches of blockbuster and from my recollection the amount of infomation that was given about things like this was jack!



Regardless of what people say on here lets face it we are all still going to buy the game. If we werent big fans of it we wouldnt be active members on this forum!
 
RK mate,you need to chill out a little...whats the big deal? it is not a problem relax a little:)
 
Too much cynicism! The worst news is over. We know the game is near! Now if Sony can get its dumb ass in line and make a decision. **** your 3-D tvs. Just release the game soon.
 
Too much cynicism! The worst news is over. We know the game is near! Now if Sony can get its dumb ass in line and make a decision. **** your 3-D tvs. Just release the game soon.
We do????:scared:
 
Last edited:
We do????:scared:

Absolutely. I mean, we've seen the box art. Kaz claims it's at 90%. Just because the date was changed to TBA doesn't mean much. It could mean it's changed to March 15th!
 
Absolutely. I mean, we've seen the box art. Kaz claims it's at 90%. Just because the date was changed to TBA doesn't mean much. It could mean it's changed to March 15th!

Bold says it all.
 
Back