The Worst Possible News???

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkk01
  • 108 comments
  • 8,962 views
Sorry everybody, I did not notice that this thread was in the GT5 section. :lol: Sorry. But that is the worst and not surprising news.
 
The N'ring has been a GT5P track for a couple of years ( was used as a GT5P demo at the 24hr race along with a lemans version at the Lemans 24hr) so I expect its that build just with the car added
 
Worst possible news? That what the dude said is true about FALL release..

And my worst case scenario.. Getting hit by a bus while going back home with the game.... or sitting in jammed traffic while the game is on my lap.. ! I can't decide which one would be worse!
 
The worst news that you seem to hear a lot, is how bad Obama is working on this so called, "Change"....

Politics is like WWE wrestling, but with suits. It's all fake its all scripted.

Worst thing to happen to GT5, this SCEE rep saying its gonna be another 6 months. FML. March was already pushing it, summer is like "ok if you MUST." but now, ugh.

I WISH IT WAS A CRAPPIER GAME, so i could stop caring, but its too good.:nervous:

.... or sitting in jammed traffic while the game is on my lap.. ! I can't decide which one would be worse!

Id be content with having the game and being in a bus in traffic, since its not really moving you can always hop out the emergency exit window and catch a cab.:)
 
I have recently decided none of these delays have actually been created by Polyphony Digital, and as we were originally told the game was indeed 90% done, as Kaz has claimed.

… I now believe the delays are rather tied to SONY pipedream 3D version of the Gran Turismo 5 that SONY wants to hype their new televisions … the downside is that many of us are actually looking forward to this game and could give a damn about LAME, EXPENSIVE, “BEEN THERE, DONE THAT” 3D televisions
 
What we don't know is if we are being denied the game for production reasons or commercial reasons. If it's the former then that's OK because it means the games not being rushed out, faults and all. If it's the latter then that's pretty poor play by Sony to hold back till Christamas 2010 just to sell more units :grumpy: and unfortunately I think it's the latter :grumpy::grumpy:
 
Sorry everybody, I did not notice that this thread was in the GT5 section. :lol: Sorry. But that is the worst and not surprising news.

Please try and read the thread before posting anything. This goes for any thread. Starting a flame war just because you couldn't be bothered to read the thread is not acceptable. I have edited your original post to remove the off topic text.




;)
 
Just look at my avatar... I'm too hyper to think. :lol:
 
When i am looking on this image:
20548_317856316417_526641417_5012414_6780214_n.jpg


I think wow to go trough this menus with a controller could be very uncomfortable. So the worst news i can imagine are that GT5 don´t support a mouse and keyboard. This frustrated me all the time most games don´t support this great feature from the PS3. Its so simple, you can plug in any usb mouse and keyboard to the PS3 so why don´t they use it?:ouch:
But thats all, no news can really shock me now. I will buy it even with no scratchmarks, liverty or 20 Tracks.
 
But thats all, no news can really shock me now. I will buy it even with no scratchmarks, liverty or 20 Tracks.

I'm aware your native language isn't english so don't be offended but...

Those scratchmarks and liverty are hilarious. :)
 
When i am looking on this image:
20548_317856316417_526641417_5012414_6780214_n.jpg


I think wow to go trough this menus with a controller could be very uncomfortable. So the worst news i can imagine are that GT5 don´t support a mouse and keyboard. This frustrated me all the time most games don´t support this great feature from the PS3. Its so simple, you can plug in any usb mouse and keyboard to the PS3 so why don´t they use it?:ouch:
But thats all, no news can really shock me now. I will buy it even with no scratchmarks, liverty or 20 Tracks.

I've not seen that pic before - is that like a race manager where you can set up races and even control the weather and actually watch it in progress?
 
The worst possible news would be... GT5 getting scrapped, or have i gone to far :D
 
Spanish website Wildgames posted this today (translation):

Yesterday Siekensou and I attended the presentation of Heavy Rain in Barcelona. Among other things, like watching the game from Quantic Dream in action, we spoke with Sony PR people. Taking advantage of their sublime sweetness and willingness we asked them about the possible delay of Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation 3.

Unfortunately, they confirmed to me that Gran Turismo 5 does not have a confirmed release date as yet and that is indeed true that at the very least the game won't be out until late fall or even Christmas. That is, if it don't suffer another delay, which it does not seems unlikely.(Note of the translator: I can't say if this sentence was a quote or just the thoughts of the writers)

The few reasons for the delay, in his words, is that Japanese developers, Polyphony Digital, are extremely sensitive to this game and want everything to be perfect, since they believe that is a very important franchise.

Sad news indeed, and I complain about LFS!

Update: I forgot to post an email Wildgames received from Sony's PR:

Hi Miguel Ángel,

Nothing is confirmed... everything points to a fall release, but as I said to you, without confirmation
 
Last edited:
I've not seen that pic before - is that like a race manager where you can set up races and even control the weather and actually watch it in progress?

It was taken by Carbonfibre at the GT5TT finals down under and posted in the GT5TT section, it looks like the user interface for the online mode so is pretty interesting. I've collated some thoughts on it here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3743441#post3743441)
 
I've not seen that pic before - is that like a race manager where you can set up races and even control the weather and actually watch it in progress?

It's server/host options for multiplay, from the GT Academy regional final in Australia

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3743387&postcount=5458

A lot of discussion and larger picture in here


Spanish website Wildgames posted this today (translation):



Sad news indeed, and I complain about LFS!


That Spanish website is a few days behind.
 
Jay
That Spanish website is a few days behind.

Yes, it is a confirmation of what James Armstrong said to a Spanish newspaper. But this was the same guy saying GT5 would be out by Christmas 2009, so as a confirmation, it has some value to me, and I hopte that for other readers too, that is why I am sharing it.
 
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d10595.html

Surely PD/Sony should give us an official announcement explaining the delay on their website?

(any decent company would)


In fact looking at their website its an absolute joke really that the game is delayed, I mean look at all the effort and man hours it must take to organize the academy!

Have they got their priorities mixed up or what?

Get the game out and then concentrate on raising its profile via competitions etc after.
 
In fact looking at their website its an absolute joke really that the game is delayed, I mean look at all the effort and man hours it must take to organize the academy!

Have they got their priorities mixed up or what?

Get the game out and then concentrate on raising its profile via competitions etc after.

I made the same point when they decided they was going to be a teevee company with GT-TV. Stupidest idea and waste of resources I ever heard.
 
Back