The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
Did they remove the Clean Race Bonus from Tokyo 600 with this update? Just finished the race with my brand new M2 Competition and received only the 550k credits without bonus. Nothing special happened during the race. Sure, some bumps and scratches but no yellow flags or big crashes…
Yeah they did. Did the cleanest race i ever did (no penalties, no car damage) and only got 550k.
I knew it. I been saying for months to be aware of the ability to sell cars and that PD could nerf the high paying races in return. And they appear to have really done it. They gave with one hand and took with the other.
Seriously F PD...

Yeah they did. Did the cleanest race i ever did (no penalties, no car damage) and only got 550k.
I knew it. I been saying for months to be aware of the ability to sell cars and that PD could nerf the high paying races in return. And they appear to have really done it. They gave with one hand and took with the other.
Seriously F PD...
Anybody tried Le mans 30 mins,have they nerfed the crb there? I was certain i still recieved the crb on Tokyo earlier on tonight but im going to have a go tomorrow.it will be a bummer if this is true. 👍

Anybody tried Le mans 30 mins,have they nerfed the crb there? I was certain i still recieved the crb on Tokyo earlier on tonight but im going to have a go tomorrow.it will be a bummer if this is true. 👍
Did it. You get 825k clean race.
It appears to be only tokyo for now

Last edited:
Sneaky sneaky if its intentional.They really dont want us to grind too quickly do they.
I think its mainly to stop the wall riders... because that seems to be a prevalent tactic for those seeking an easy ride. Tokyo being all walls it's hard to differentiate, so any touch of the wall and CRB gone now.

No change whatsoever for LeMans? Bump a few cars or going off track still gets you clean race bonus?
That I dont know. Was testing if you get clean races bonus by doing a clean race (witch no longer happens in tokyo)
I did le mans as clean as possible (no penalties for offtrack, no crashing against other cars or walls).
Will have to do le mans again, driving more aggressively next time.

I think its mainly to stop the wall riders... because that seems to be a prevalent tactic for those seeking an easy ride. Tokyo being all walls it's hard to differentiate, so any touch of the wall and CRB gone now.
So why not just bring back the 5 sec penalty,we had it for ages and everyone adjusted there driving to compensate.Pd really are something else.

Last edited:
So why not just bring back the 5 sec penalty,we had it for ages and everyone adjusted there driving to compensate.
Maybe they decided it's more beneficial to everyone (speculating here...) to enable people to still win but not get CRB instead. So instead of getting an unfortunate 5s penalty for grazing the wall and thereby losing out and finishing second, you end up taking a win and 550k instead of 495k for second with CRB? I don't know. It's annoying, but not getting penalties is probably easier to cope with than losing the CRB when it comes to the general user. I know it's rare for me to complete a race without a tap of the wall somewhere, and I'm still testing all my cars so there's times where I'm only narrowly winning and a single 5s penalty will most definitely write off the win.

Did the cleanest race i ever did (no penalties, no car damage)
Did you touch the wall though? can be done without car damage and might be enough to cancel the bonus.

i think they just can't do tokyo right. First it was really strict with penalties, which easily costed a race with that 5 sec penalty (plus you lose more like 10 seconds+ because of the speed loss), then they changed it to no penalty at all, so people start wallriding because that first two turns are SO much faster with it. and now we don't get the bonus anymore, or at least only with touching nothing at all, which is really hard with those freaky AI drivers.

Last edited:
Did you touch the wall though? can be done without car damage and might be enough to cancel the bonus.

i think they just can't do tokyo right. First it was really strict with penalties, which easily costed a race with that 5 sec penalty (plus you lose more like 10 seconds+ because of the speed loss), then they changed it to no penalty at all, so people start wallriding because that first two turns are SO much faster with it. and now we don't get the bonus anymore, or at least only with touching nothing at all, which is really hard with those freaky AI drivers.
Didnt touch the wall.
In tokyo I used mazda rx787 because it doesn't need to pit. Drived very slow, didnt try any type of diving. Just waited for the long straight to overtake, and for the ai drivers to pit.
The only contact I had was a very small side scratch on the ai white porsche. I had more contacts in sardegna and spa and those gave clean race bonus. Without ever getting car damage in all.
Looking at this I wish they brought back the 5s penalties. Would choose that every day over a no crb.

So.Did Tokyo this morning and managed to get the CRB.I used my Imprezza 22b,on SH,which for me has always been a safe steady win,just pitting for fuel or both on lap 8.The first lap i tentatively spent trying to thread through up into about 6 or 7 th position,a few more at the hairpin,taking a wide line.Rather than trying to overtake a good few in the first 2 corners on lap 1,which is where most of my barrier contact/AI contact generally takes place,i took it steadier.
I had 1 barrier contact,the fist right hander after the long straight,it was hard enough to have got the 5sec penalty but not a wall ride impact,i though that would be it but not the case,this obviously needs some testing from everybody to see what counts towards not getting the CRB.
Would i be able to do a totally clean lap with something like the A220 or Delta glitch?I dont know,them first laps on racing tyres are pretty mean.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221125101517.jpg

The only contact I had was a very small side scratch on the ai white porsche.
That's probably the loss of CRB there. Unfortunately! They might have turned it up to the same level as most races in single player mode where the slightest touch of AI cars results in loss of CRB (not the case at Sardegna or Le Mans for some reason!).

That's probably the loss of CRB there. Unfortunately! They might have turned it up to the same level as most races in single player mode where the slightest touch of AI cars results in loss of CRB (not the case at Sardegna or Le Mans for some reason!).
Thats not possible. If that was to be the case,
then getting a crb would be almost a miracle. It was smallest contact possible, side by side, didnt even gave sound.
So.Did Tokyo this morning and managed to get the CRB.I used my Imprezza 22b,on SH,which for me has always been a safe steady win,just pitting for fuel or both on lap 8.The first lap i tentatively spent trying to thread through up into about 6 or 7 th position,a few more at the hairpin,taking a wide line.Rather than trying to overtake a good few in the first 2 corners on lap 1,which is where most of my barrier contact/AI contact generally takes place,i took it steadier.
I had 1 barrier contact,the fist right hander after the long straight,it was hard enough to have got the 5sec penalty but not a wall ride impact,i though that would be it but not the case,this obviously needs some testing from everybody to see what counts towards not getting the CRB.
Would i be able to do a totally clean lap with something like the A220 or Delta glitch?I dont know,them first laps on racing tyres are pretty mean.

View attachment 1210737
Did you have any car damage? Any contact with an ai car even if the tinniest possible?
Its weird. Does this mean no crb could be caused by a glitch? Or even if you use a certain car you dont get crb any way, like mazda rx787b?
I'm gonna do try more tests arround tokyo.
(Dammit i was gonna go back to mw2 today, not anymore)

then getting a crb would be almost a miracle. It was smallest contact possible, side by side, didnt even gave sound.
Most of the single player races in the game (aside from those mentioned) cancel out CRB at the slightest hint of contact with any of the AI. You can run perfectly clean laps but glance the side of an AI as you describe and not see a CRB for that race. It's frustrating, but it's the way it seems to work.

Did you have any car damage? Any contact with an ai car even if the tinniest possible?
Its weird. Does this mean no crb could be caused by a glitch? Or even if you use a certain car you dont get crb any way, like mazda rx787b?
I'm gonna do try more tests arround tokyo.
(Dammit i was gonna go back to mw2 today, not anymore)
No red markers on the car at all,i was sure i would be penalised for the contact so relaxed a bit and finished the race.I had no contact with the ai,i tried to keep out of there way and it makes for a slightly longer but interesting race.A bit too much realism?maybe but annoying when you done 11 clean laps and outbraked yourself on the last lap and potentially losing the CRB.I think it will be harder with the cars on racing tyres in the early laps but im just going to stay out of trouble,the cappuccino has enough performance to catch up after a few slow laps,so does the A220 and the Delta with the engine swap,not tried the glitch one yet.

You mentioned cappucino, Delta Swap and A220, its pretty common to lap with those, thats why :)
Im not the fastest so i`ve only managed to lap the last 2 places with the A220 and Cappuccino,thats about it,but not the Delta.Its not the high power glitch tune just the normal engine swap tune.
To add to my previous post about Tokyo and the CRB.I`ve done 3 races now since the update,first with the 22b,managed to hit the barrier outbraking myself,only the 1 contact so managed to get CRB.2nd and 3rd race with the Pantera engine swap,2nd race was totally clean,no AI bumpi or any barrier scrapes,got CRB.3rd race,1 tap at the rear from Suswillo and 1 barrier scrape.Nothing to harsh but enough to see the little bits of debris,still ended up getting the CRB.
I realise this is inconclusive but it might help people who are wondering,the first lap is the worst trying to keep out of trouble and picking the right time to pass,race takes very slightly longer but no biggie really.If your going fot fast laps you have the spectre of`no CRB`in the background. :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe considering Road Atlanta has a fairly high paying event they tightened up the CRB requirements at Tokyo. Road Atlanta's Gr.1 race pays $330k if I remember right. It's picky on the CRB.

So I did some tests on tokyo, did 4 races under different conditions and see if i got crb or not.
Used the same car in all 4, witch was lamborghini aventador 700 on sports hard.
Here are the results:

Race1: light contact with drivers
+ light contact with wall -> no crb
Race2: no contacts -> crb
Race3: light contact with only drivers -> no crb
Race4: light contact with only wall -> crb
Conclusion: its contact with ai drivers that loses you the crb. Slightest most insignificant touch and bye bye crb.
Most of the single player races in the game (aside from those mentioned) cancel out CRB at the slightest hint of contact with any of the AI. You can run perfectly clean laps but glance the side of an AI as you describe and not see a CRB for that race. It's frustrating, but it's the way it seems to work.
Appears you were right. I didnt believe PD would go so slow, but they really did.

Im not the fastest so i`ve only managed to lap the last 2 places with the A220 and Cappuccino,thats about it,but not the Delta.Its not the high power glitch tune just the normal engine swap tune.
To add to my previous post about Tokyo and the CRB.I`ve done 3 races now since the update,first with the 22b,managed to hit the barrier outbraking myself,only the 1 contact so managed to get CRB.2nd and 3rd race with the Pantera engine swap,2nd race was totally clean,no AI bumpi or any barrier scrapes,got CRB.3rd race,1 tap at the rear from Suswillo and 1 barrier scrape.Nothing to harsh but enough to see the little bits of debris,still ended up getting the CRB.
I realise this is inconclusive but it might help people who are wondering,the first lap is the worst trying to keep out of trouble and picking the right time to pass,race takes very slightly longer but no biggie really.If your going fot fast laps you have the spectre of`no CRB`in the background.
Were my results consistent with yours?

No change whatsoever for LeMans? Bump a few cars or going off track still gets you clean race bonus?
Also did le mans. Rammed an ai driver out getting car damage, hit the wall also get getting car damage and cut a corner offtrack getting a 0.5s penalty. Got clean race bonus.

There is also the possibility that this tokyo thing can be a glitch. But if its on porpose, they finally killed tokyo for me. Aint gonna waist my time doing a race where the ai drovers can decide at any moment to take my crb.

Last edited:
So I did some tests on tokyo, did 4 races under different conditions and see if i got crb or not.
Used the same car in all 4, witch was lamborghini aventador 700 on sports hard.
Here are the results:

Race1: light contact with drivers
+ light contact with wall -> no crb
Race2: no contacts -> crb
Race3: light contact with only drivers -> no crb
Race4: light contact with only wall -> crb
Conclusion: its contact with ai drivers that loses you the crb. Slightest most insignificant touch and bye bye crb.

Appears you were right. I didnt believe PD would go so slow, but they really did.

Were my results consistent with yours?

Also did le mans. Rammed an ai driver out getting car damage, hit the wall also get getting car damage and cut a corner offtrack getting a 0.5s penalty. Got clean race bonus.

There is also the possibility that this tokyo thing can be a glitch. But if its on porpose, they finally killed tokyo for me. Aint gonna waist my time doing a race where the ai drovers can decide at any moment to take my crb.
Im going to have a go tomorrow,do some races and see what happens.My 3rd race i hit the wall and had a car punt me from behind going into the last hairpin but still go the CRB.
Did you hit the AI or did they hit you?Its crazy that we have to,well we dont have to but you know what i mean, analyse a race like this. :lol:
I dont know if its a good or bad thing,it certainly encourages you to be careful to get that extra bonus.

Last edited:
Finally got the time test drive the new cars, first the M2

Good enough won in stock setup only change to RH.
Sadly lost the CRB with some minor contacts with AI, PD just love putting so much time in one single event rather make some more with good prize.

Im going to have a go tomorrow,do some races and see what happens.My 3rd race i hit the wall and had a car punt me from behind going into the last hairpin but still go the CRB.
Did you hit the AI or did they hit you?Its crazy that we have to,well we dont have to but you know what i mean, analyse a race like this. :lol:
I dont know if its a good or bad thing,it certainly encourages you to be careful to get that extra bonus.
I hit the ai. Was on the long straight behind gallo on his slipstream, got side by side with him and gave him a smal bump. That was enough to loose the crb 🤣🤣🤣

Back