The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
got my crb on 1st of v1.26
C94DA36F-9E1C-4F6D-B569-44C130CE16DD.jpeg
D0B6B414-1DD5-4049-8DC0-5945DCA5D16A.jpeg

So I did some tests on tokyo, did 4 races under different conditions and see if i got crb or not.
Used the same car in all 4, witch was lamborghini aventador 700 on sports hard.
Here are the results:

Race1: light contact with drivers
+ light contact with wall -> no crb
Race2: no contacts -> crb
Race3: light contact with only drivers -> no crb
Race4: light contact with only wall -> crb
Conclusion: its contact with ai drivers that loses you the crb. Slightest most insignificant touch and bye bye crb.

Appears you were right. I didnt believe PD would go so slow, but they really did.

Were my results consistent with yours?

Also did le mans. Rammed an ai driver out getting car damage, hit the wall also get getting car damage and cut a corner offtrack getting a 0.5s penalty. Got clean race bonus.

There is also the possibility that this tokyo thing can be a glitch. But if its on porpose, they finally killed tokyo for me. Aint gonna waist my time doing a race where the ai drovers can decide at any moment to take my crb.
Thanks for testing. Well I always liked LeMans more anyways.

So I did some tests on tokyo, did 4 races under different conditions and see if i got crb or not.
Used the same car in all 4, witch was lamborghini aventador 700 on sports hard.
Here are the results:

Race1: light contact with drivers
+ light contact with wall -> no crb
Race2: no contacts -> crb
Race3: light contact with only drivers -> no crb
Race4: light contact with only wall -> crb
Conclusion: its contact with ai drivers that loses you the crb. Slightest most insignificant touch and bye bye crb.

Appears you were right. I didnt believe PD would go so slow, but they really did.

Were my results consistent with yours?

Also did le mans. Rammed an ai driver out getting car damage, hit the wall also get getting car damage and cut a corner offtrack getting a 0.5s penalty. Got clean race bonus.

There is also the possibility that this tokyo thing can be a glitch. But if its on porpose, they finally killed tokyo for me. Aint gonna waist my time doing a race where the ai drovers can decide at any moment to take my crb.
It appears you lose the CRB only for contact initiated by you with the AI. It was the same for the BMB grind in GT Sport, you could get hit, spin, and hit the wall, if AI initiated contact you still got CRB. Essentially the AI has to come from behind you and hit you, it appears if you are side by side and bump each other that counts as player initiated contact. I spun and hit the wall recieving damage and still got CRB at Tokyo yesterday. That means we can still use the twitchy engine swapped Cappichino, just avoid AI.

It appears you lose the CRB only for contact initiated by you with the AI. It was the same for the BMB grind in GT Sport, you could get hit, spin, and hit the wall, if AI initiated contact you still got CRB. Essentially the AI has to come from behind you and hit you, it appears if you are side by side and bump each other that counts as player initiated contact. I spun and hit the wall recieving damage and still got CRB at Tokyo yesterday. That means we can still use the twitchy engine swapped Cappichino, just avoid AI.
It looks that way.I did 3 races today,race 1 i had 2 incursions with the barrier and 2 punts FROM the AI,i got CRB.Races 2 and 3,similair barrier contact,not huge impact, but i hit a car braking into the hairpin and in race 3 i lent on a car going around a corner.No CRB for either races.
A car that is stable and not too twitchy is easier to get the CRB,get past lap 1 and then take it careful.

I'm running a GT40 in this race. The tune itself is not glitched but it gives me better tire selection in the pits than it should. I'm not sure if switching tires cost me the CRB or some bumps and scrapes did. I don't have the tune on me, but there are one or two images or videos of it.
Given that there's incentive to move away from Tokyo now, it's time to post it when I get back to my PS5.
That's not the only car with the tire weirdness, either.
I'll still run Tokyo some, but I'll also be grinding the three other usual suspects plus the 30 minute Road Atlanta event.

Just telling how it is, that killed Tokyo for me, at least for getting credits. i have no intention on loosing 300k because i do a little mistake somewhere and touch an AI car. Rather do the other 2 races until this is changed. i wish they had used the penalty instead.
It's not that hard, I won with the Honda 2+4 yesterday while driving in traffic for the first 7 laps, by then everyone had pitted so I was finally in the lead. For such a light car it really handles poorly, the DP100 is heavy and handles much better on SH than the 2+4 on SM, I thought that that is very strange.

Thanks for the feedback. But this is a killer for me. If I need credits I'll go for le mans and sardegna. I already did my biggest grinds therefore not in need for huge sums of credits. Le mans and sardegna are more than good enough to farm back credits spent on future new dlc cars.
What angers me about these changes is that new players that come in will get screwed over, having their grind made more dificult than what it was when I did it.
And I, honestly, dont understand their problem with tokyo. There are a lot of players that already prefer le mans and sardegna over tokyo. And tokyo is that not easier in comparison. It just takes a bit less time to complete. But they changed the crb rules only in tokyo. Makes no sense.

Thanks for the feedback. But this is a killer for me. If I need credits I'll go for le mans and sardegna. I already did my biggest grinds therefore not in need for huge sums of credits. Le mans and sardegna are more than good enough to farm back credits spent on future new dlc cars.
What angers me about these changes is that new players that come in will get screwed over, having their grind made more dificult than what it was when I did it.
And I, honestly, dont understand their problem with tokyo. There are a lot of players that already prefer le mans and sardegna over tokyo. And tokyo is that not easier in comparison. It just takes a bit less time to complete. But they changed the crb rules only in tokyo. Makes no sense.
I agree. I don't understand why PD has a problem with us using the Tomohawk at Tokyo, it doesn't affect them how we chose to race in single player.

I agree. I don't understand why PD has a problem with us using the Tomohawk at Tokyo, it doesn't affect them how we chose to race in single player.
Oh it does. Someone who wants to have all cars need to spend a lot more time in the game, eventually using money to shorten it. That's what they want. Not everyone grinding tokyo with tomahawk to have enough money after a week.

Of course, 2Mil for 20$ would be hundreds or thousands of $ to get all the cars. So it is either a lot of money or a lot of time.

Oh it does. Someone who wants to have all cars need to spend a lot more time in the game, eventually using money to shorten it. That's what they want. Not everyone grinding tokyo with tomahawk to have enough money after a week.

Of course, 2Mil for 20$ would be hundreds or thousands of $ to get all the cars. So it is either a lot of money or a lot of time.
But PD needs to understand that there are a lot of us who won't buy MTX's to buy cars for any reason. It's more likely PD will drive people away from the game if they feel the need to use MTX's.

It's a weird one.

I understand that they want to dangle the carrot of MTX to provide an easy shortcut to buying in-game content, but what difference does it make to them if there were a few dozen better-paying/difficult events rather than one or two obvious grinding outliers? People are still going to play & an earn CR as they want.

I mean, personally I can see why they'd make changes to keep the Tomahawk out of the Tokyo 600PP event - it's a bit like the car with a rocket launcher you could access with a cheat code in Age of Empires back in the day...

At the same time, I can't see the point of changing the CRB status the way they have done to make it now so difficult to conquer this event with CRB that it'll just send people to other races (and further reduce the amount of "grind" events down to three (Sardegna, Spa and Sarthe). It's a weird decision too, based on the fact that, judging by the number of events alone, Tokyo is clearly their preferred circuit for this instalment of GT7. Instead of introducing any new events on Mount Panorama or Monza, we get even more Tokyo events update after update, meaning they want us to race in Tokyo. Then they adjust the penalty and CRB settings so it ends up discouraging people to race at Tokyo. Maybe an element of schizophrenic behaviour?

26:24 with the Ferrari 330 P4, which is in the LCD at the moment (setup at the start of the video):

Last edited:
The Daytona coupe was the last car I needed to complete my collection. I Got it this morning. I Found a cool looking 25th Anniversary livery to celebrate the completed car collection and also took it for a run at Tokyo. Managed to even get the CRB.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130100330.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130100330.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130065345.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130065345.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130095545.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130095545.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130095639.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221130095639.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 19
Err, what? That is exactly what it is. If you make a tiny mistake, you get punished by not getting CRB which means you need another 27min race to get the same money.

I mean it doesn't even is a clean race if you bump into walls and still get CRB, bt as soon as you barely touch the AI, it's over. And they not really drive to make it easy getting by.

Last edited:
Err, what? That is exactly what it is. If you make a tiny mistake, you get punished by not getting CRB which means you need another 27min race to get the same money.

I mean it doesn't even is a clean race if you bump into walls and still get CRB, bt as soon as you barely touch the AI, it's over. And they not really drive to make it easy getting by.
It wouldn't be so bad if the game showed whether you still have the CRB, so you can see what caused you to lose it. As it is we just have to guess where in 26-27 minutes it was lost if it's not there at the end.

Yea, if it shows, CRB lost, you can quit and try new, but then again, if it happens on last round, you're screwed too.

penalty was bad too, but at least you had the chance to make it right by driving better and getting the time back.

Perhaps you don't quite grasp the "bonus" part of the CRB. Of course if you approach this event purely from a perspective of accumulating the highest number of credits in the shortest amount of time, then that is understandable. Some of us actually do enjoy the driving and racing aspects of this game.

Even so, one might question how many laps are you prepared to throw away to restarts in order to attain the CRB? It doesn't take long to arrive at diminishing returns, and 550,000 credits is still 550,000 credits.

Like I said, if you enjoy the racing then participating under the current conditions can be quite rewarding, and not just for the CRB. If credits are all that matters then I suppose you can still wall-ride to your heart's content, or enter one of the other races where you can bash your way to victory. However there is a certain satisfaction in actual clean racing, even if it means sometimes allowing the AI to capitalise on your mistakes then biding your time to make a pass.

Yea, if it shows, CRB lost, you can quit and try new, but then again, if it happens on last round, you're screwed too.
My point wasn't so much that you'd quit and try again, more that you'd know what caused it to be lost so you can avoid it happening in future races.

It's not that hard, I won with the Honda 2+4 yesterday while driving in traffic for the first 7 laps, by then everyone had pitted so I was finally in the lead. For such a light car it really handles poorly, the DP100 is heavy and handles much better on SH than the 2+4 on SM, I thought that that is very strange.
DP100 is money. My only gripe is no cockpit view. Front bumper is the fastest, but the cockpit feels more realistic......to me.

Perhaps you don't quite grasp the "bonus" part of the CRB. Of course if you approach this event purely from a perspective of accumulating the highest number of credits in the shortest amount of time, then that is understandable. Some of us actually do enjoy the driving and racing aspects of this game.

Even so, one might question how many laps are you prepared to throw away to restarts in order to attain the CRB? It doesn't take long to arrive at diminishing returns, and 550,000 credits is still 550,000 credits.

Like I said, if you enjoy the racing then participating under the current conditions can be quite rewarding, and not just for the CRB. If credits are all that matters then I suppose you can still wall-ride to your heart's content, or enter one of the other races where you can bash your way to victory. However there is a certain satisfaction in actual clean racing, even if it means sometimes allowing the AI to capitalise on your mistakes then biding your time to make a pass.
Well, i do both. I have run Tokyo600 so many times now with so many cars because i was keen to see which can compete and which do not. So i do enjoy the race. But then again, i also like to be get credits out of it because getting credits in GT7 is made so hard, you'd want to make that easy. And then, grinding is nothing fun, doing the same race a hundred times, just to be able to get new cars you can use on other races, is no fun.

And also, i don't think this change was intentional, if it isn't a bug, i think they wanted to do something else with the race and this was the result and they said, whatever. Because there is absolutely no reason to change the CRB only on Tokyo.

Another thing is, that it is not entirely your skill that makes you get the bonus or not, because we all know the AI in this game, they sometimes do things and we end up bumping into them, might be because they crash into you while you just get out of the pit, or because of weird behaviour, lapping them is a real gambit everytime, because sometimes they leave the racing line and sometimes they don't.

Imo, it would be better if you lose the CRB by bumping walls or getting car damage than touching AI. And don't get me wrong, if you like the change, that's fine, really, but acting like "if you like to race in this game you'd like this" seems a bit much for me, because it is just another flaw on tokoy race that PD invented, nothing more. No need to find "a reason" in this.

My point wasn't so much that you'd quit and try again, more that you'd know what caused it to be lost so you can avoid it happening in future races.
But by now, we kinda know that it happens when you bump the AI, right? So we know what causes this.

Last edited:
Viper McQueen. I Use to hate Vipers's in previous GT's but they are not bad in GT7.

This race's rules have changed somewhat with updates. Every time it changed I was a little irritated but I just adapted to it and kept going. Same with the last update, but I have already adapted to it again and very seldom miss the CRB. My race times are a little slower because of taking more caution but it doesn't bother me at all because a win is a win.

The first lap is the hardest to survive with all the traffic and low grip. Usually on the second lap I've made my way up to 3rd place.
It's actually pretty easy from there because usually it's only Gallo in front and Suswello 2nd. It's pretty easy making up time and usually I catch and pass Suswello on lap 4 and Gallo on lap 5. After pitting on lap 6 or 7 one or two cars pass me. But by that time I have fresh tyres on a pretty dry track, so catching and passing them is a breeze. I Still enjoy it very much and do it every day.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221201094521.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221201094521.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221201074553.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221201074553.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 23
I Use to hate Vipers's in previous GT's but they are not bad in GT7.
I feel like that too, Viper seem to be so unstable in other racing games but here, with some tuning, they are pretty drivable and fast. I never thought that possible too.

Btw. i made a corvette McQueen, is it known what kind of car he is supposed to be? :D

Back