The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
I think I'm done with the challenge. Atenza is actually kinda fun to drive, though the nagging feeling I've had about it the whole time was 'the engine is so like a diesel'. Lo and behold, after this run I finally read the game description on it and that is exactly what it is :D So you really don't want to rev this, I aim to change at 5000 RPM. Though on this (far from optimal) run I had to delve into fuel saving mode on laps 11 and 12. It is not what you want to do with Kokubun catching up, but man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Messed up turns 5&6 on lap 12, bumped into wall and had to change down a gear, so on the final straight just around the pit entry out of fuel. Time to watch REAL carefully which side Kokubun is coming from, park it in front and get the final push over the line from him. Thank you and that's all from me, 524.92pp it is. Now on to Nordschleife.

18814b5a78930-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm done with the challenge. Atenza is actually kinda fun to drive, though the nagging feeling I've had about it the whole time was 'the engine is so like a diesel'. Lo and behold, after this run I finally read the game description on it and that is exactly what it is :D So you really don't want to rev this, I aim to change at 5000 RPM. Though on this (far from optimal) run I had to delve into fuel saving mode on laps 11 and 12. It is not what you want to do with Kokubun catching up, but man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Messed up turns 5&6 on lap 12, bumped into wall and had to change down a gear, so on the final straight just around the pit entry out of fuel. Time to watch REAL carefully which side Kokubun is coming from, park it in front and get the final push over the line from him. Thank you and that's all from me, 524.92pp it is. Now on to Nordschleife.

View attachment 1256070
Sub-525 is damn nice. I dont think the DP-100 can get that low and still win. Who knew that a diesel could be the OP car for this challenge

Hadn't done this race in a few weeks, but the last few times it was getting stale with the Focus RS with the engine swap. I searched this thread briefly and saw some 99' Impreza love, but not much 22B. One pit for fuel around lap 9.

188270c296c45-screenshotUrl.jpg

188270c1b1d81-screenshotUrl.jpg

188270c3a4736-screenshotUrl.jpg

Porsche 917k '70
26:49.310 race time
2:09.122 fastest lap

Very easy car to drive but lots of understeer and the front end has no feel, so you have to turn up your FFB to get an understanding of what is going on. Other than that it's pretty easy on fuel and the tires barely even start to turn red after the 12 laps. Maybe some added camber would help with grip through the turns so the car doesn't plow so much. That will likely add to tire wear, but that's fine. It would also likely decrease braking performance which this car has in spades, so not a big deal. I'm sure some more suspension tuning could get this car in the 2:07s or lower, but this was just a quick setup to meet the 600pp requirement.

20230523_001100.jpg
20230523_001130.jpg

Edit: There may be a glitch build available with this car as some of the PP numbers were acting funny when adjusting ballast, aero and ecu/power restrictor settings. Some were 30 point swings, but they were never in a good direction. For example, get to 602pp then drop the ecu down one notch and you are at 632pp. Huh??? Adjust the aero one click weaker and it adds 20pp. Move the ballast one click and it adds 25pp. I could never find a setting that dropped the pp by 30 points but actually made the car faster. It always was when making a change that, in theory, decreases the performance of the car but adds a lot of pp. So if anyone wants to play with it, there may be a magical combination in there that makes this thing a total beast.

This was a nice steady win for me,no lap record time but I managed a 2.13,which is good for me.No wall riding but first 2 laps are a little sketchy as are most of the races on here.I stopped for fuel only end of lap 9,im quite easy on tyres hence the slow race time so no tyre change,some of the better drivers may be able to do a non-stopper.I didnt get the CRB as i outbraked myself in the final hairpin and nerfed the cones!

GT7 (1).jpg
GT7 (2).jpg
GT7 (3).jpg

Tokyo 600 v1.31 - R8
race time: 26:24
fastest lap: 2:07

The Audi R8 was my 600pp hero from the early days of the game. It was the first car I won this event with. I used a similar tuning strategy - max weight reduction with minimal upgrade parts. Very PP efficient. I need to revisit this with your tune now!

I'm seeing many supercars becoming strong in this event with stock suspension. The XJ220 is the most recent, but in my testing, the Lamborghini Murcielago and the AMG SLS are also very fast.

Not very interesting but the C8 Corvette will win easily with a stop on lap 8 for fuel and tires with either Sport Softs and a power restrictor or with Sport Hards and no power restrictor. It's a bit more fun with the softs (depending on your opinion) since a couple of the AIs are super fast on the straight and you have to work past them in the corners.

You could also no-stop on FM6 but that's boring. :lol:

Not very interesting but the C8 Corvette will win easily with a stop on lap 8 for fuel and tires with either Sport Softs and a power restrictor or with Sport Hards and no power restrictor. It's a bit more fun with the softs (depending on your opinion) since a couple of the AIs are super fast on the straight and you have to work past them in the corners.

You could also no-stop on FM6 but that's boring. :lol:
Could you post your setup with the C8.

The flood gates are open now. All the engine swapped cars are going to come out to play. I wonder how that new Sema car will perform. 1100hp, 660pp and on sports Mediums. Maybe some weaker tires and some debunking of the engine. It could be a monster if it can have grip in the corners.

The GTO twin turbo 91 witht the suzuki escudo engine can be detuned to do this race. It works but I'm sure some better tuners could go further with it!

The GTO twin turbo 91 witht the suzuki escudo engine can be detuned to do this race. It works but I'm sure some better tuners could go further with it!
Wait, you can put an escudo engine in a GTO now? I haven't had a chance to look at the engine swaps, but is it basically a free for all with these things or are there still limitations on what engines can go in to specific cars, like the list we had in the engine swaps thread?

Wait, you can put an escudo engine in a GTO now? I haven't had a chance to look at the engine swaps, but is it basically a free for all with these things or are there still limitations on what engines can go in to specific cars, like the list we had in the engine swaps thread?
I guess it still is limited as in the screenshot the was only 1 swap possible, but maybe there are a new few engines available now that werent available before because of how special parts and roulette was coded.

Now maybe I can finally use Bore S on the Stratos :D

Last edited:
Yes you can its one of the new swaps now.
The swaps are according to the list but they are new ones and GTO is one of them.
The others are
787 at mazda 3,19 and rx7 90.

Porsche 911rsr at 911 16

Ruf to 911 Carrera 95

Hold on, does that say your 1/4 mile time is 17.25 seconds? I could almost get out and run faster than that. :lol: I'm kidding, of course, but seriously how bad is the turbo lag on the Escudo engine in the GTO?
It's... less than ideal, tbf you only really suffer in first gear and after that it's bad but manageable, do you know anyway around its turbolag? I'm a bad tuner as I've said before and I'm sure I'm missing something lol.

It's... less than ideal, tbf you only really suffer in first gear and after that it's bad but manageable, do you know anyway around its turbolag? I'm a bad tuner as I've said before and I'm sure I'm missing something lol.
Probably adjust your transmission gearing to stay higher in the rpms at all times, then maybe you can add a power restrictor and reduce that instead of adjusting the ECU since power restrictor tends to adjust the power band to the lower rpms where the ECU just lowers the overall power. Thats just an initial thought.

Probably adjust your transmission gearing to stay higher in the rpms at all times, then maybe you can add a power restrictor and reduce that instead of adjusting the ECU since power restrictor tends to adjust the power band to the lower rpms where the ECU just lowers the overall power. Thats just an initial thought.
Will get back to you when I try that out, thanks!

Back