The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Hi fellas,

I've a question about restarting the console:

Why does the console shut down every time I tell it to restart? I select restart from the power options, it shuts down. I restart when clearing Alternate MAC Address, it shuts down.

The only time it DOES restart is when the system auto-restarts doing updates.

A bug then? Surprised it hasn't gotten resolved by now.

I always keep Energy Saving on and just to reiterate when manually given the restart command, it blinks a few times (just like the shutdown sequence) and powers down.

Backwards compatibility just announced, just put the disc in, download and you are playing a 360 game on your X1.
100 games will be released at first. Then more games to come later. Preview program users get it possibly today. Comes out later this summer for the rest of us. You can also digitally download any existing 360 game you owned for free.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/xbox-360-backwards-compatibility-coming-to-xbox-one/

The best news is this is all free. :)

Forza 6 looks amazing, I can't believe they lowered a brand new Ford GT down from the Ceiling!

That Recore game looks very interesting too, I'm liking the concept of it so far, can't wait to hear more.

Backwards compatibility just announced, just put the disc in, download and you are playing
a 360 game on your X1
Well, that's a stroke of luck. My 360 died a couple of weeks ago and I was close to sorting my 360
collection for trading-in

Great news, can't wait :cool:

Well, that's a stroke of luck. My 360 died a couple of weeks ago and I was close to sorting my 360
collection for trading-in

Great news, can't wait :cool:

I'm definitely keeping all my games too. Just thinking out loud here, the BC feature is going to come in handy when they announce ME4 today(?) because you will most likely be able to transfer your game save just like the previous titles.

Uses AA batteries

paddles.0.gif

swap.0.gif

2884816-xboxe3.jpg

Why??? M$ knows how to milk the consumer :/ yes I know they have rechargeable battery packs but that's north of $30 bucks to buy. Uncool Microsoft.

Holy s*** holy s*** holy s******

F6 is coming in September?! They always release in October! :D

Shyeeethh, that's 3 months away...!!! :cheers:

Gears 4....NICE! Next year though..boooo! :grumpy:

Why??? M$ knows how to milk the consumer :/ yes I know they have rechargeable battery packs but that's north of $30 bucks to buy. Uncool Microsoft.
*accuses Microsoft of milking the consumer*

*Microsoft announces backwards compatibility at no extra cost to consumers*

The elite controller looks epic. The rear paddles are gonna be great for driving games. But at £100 or so
I'm far too tight to seriously consider getting one straight away. Maybe when my regular controller dies

The elite controller looks epic. The rear paddles are gonna be great for driving games. But at £100 or so
I'm far too tight to seriously consider getting one straight away. Maybe when my regular controller dies

I know right? You could get a low to midrange wheel for that amount. The standard controller works fine though I am considering getting the June updated one..

Thanks to the little "oil up" stunt, the right bumper button no longer clicks (works fine) and the headset USB port is useless! :banghead:

Interested in seeing the backward compatible list. Thought it would have been released by now. Starts with 100. Preview members should have been able to check it out yesterday.

GOW remake beta went out yesterday but I heard that is not working very well. Its rare anything works at first especially this gen.

I do find it a bit strange now to re master games that will now be backward compatible. Will be interesting to see how those games work. So many questions.

Yeah the extra 'buttons' are appealing but are they extra mapping or just remapping existing buttons? Totally not worth it to me if just a remap. Also the price point seems high but in comparison to other modded controllers, its still a tad cheaper, though not sure of quality of either.

Thanks to the little "oil up" stunt, the right bumper button no longer clicks (works fine) and the headset USB port is useless! :banghead:
Wait, what? So you ruined your controller? Why would you oil anything?
Interested in seeing the backward compatible list. Thought it would have been released by now. Starts with 100. Preview members should have been able to check it out yesterday.
From what I heard, the list will be at 100 when they release later in the year. As it is now, the list is small.

GOW remake beta went out yesterday but I heard that is not working very well. Its rare anything works at first especially this gen.
That is specifically why they have the beta in the first place, no?

That is specifically why they have the beta in the first place, no?
People cant even get into the beta, that's the point. They sent out messed up codes or double of the same code. You need 2 different codes. Hard to test a beta if it doesn't work at all.
From what I heard, the list will be at 100 when they release later in the year. As it is now, the list is small.

Found the "current" official list. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

(22 total so far)

Made a new thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/x1-backward-compatible-official-list-22-so-far.330343/

Last edited:
People cant even get into the beta, that's the point. They sent out messed up codes or double of the same code. You need 2 different codes. Hard to test a beta if it doesn't work at all.
So it's doing a good job at letting them know what is and isn't working then? :lol:

Hahahahaaa!!! :lol: The first episode of this story (where the oil was seeping out of every opening) was funny enough, but this one is better. We kind of said it was a bad idea in general didn't we? Tell me, does your controller smell of chips yet? :D

Hahahahaaa!!! :lol: The first episode of this story (where the oil was seeping out of every opening) was funny enough, but this one is better. We kind of said it was a bad idea in general didn't we? Tell me, does your controller smell of chips yet? :D

Serves me right... harty harh harhh! :lol:

I swear the right bumper's eerily quite now... so quite in fact, that I can hear mild squeaking in the left bumper!
Though, it's barely noticeable and not to the extent of interfering with gameplay. You know matey, on a serious note.. I think rapidly tapping the bumpers to skip back/forward in movies is prolly what caused the squeaking in the first place.

Weelllll..... it was smelling of oil and aftershave for a while...cos I tried using all kindsa cleaning solutions to get rid of the greasy feeling.... and aftershave was quite literally the last resort.

It's gone now and I'm just enjoying my non-greasy headset-free controller. :dopey:

I think you have the perfect excuse to treat yourself to one of them there fancy Elite controllers :D

Man, I wanna get it... but it's too darn expensive for a controller! Plus, I have a perfectly good controller, which is going to just sit and collect dust (squeaks might come back...eeyikes!); I just game solo and multiplayer really ain't my thing.

I MAY get the June-updated one though just to try it out.. but at this point it's just a luxury rather than a necessity.

Plus, think of all the games or FOOD for instance, you could buy for the same amount of cash. :lol:

Titanfall is now free for EA Access members, use Xbox bing to find it.
I just found that out last night. There are several games that are free right now along with Free EA access if you are gold. So I downloaded about 3 games last night.

This event is only free for about 5 more days. So take advantage of it while you can.

That pro controller is... insane. I want one. But not for XB1 because I don't have that console :P.

Backwards compatibility is a real killer too. If I hadn't just bought a second hand 360 for the handful of games I wanted to play on it, this would probably have made me buy an XB1 in a year or two, when the price was right.

The elite controller looks great. AA batteries is just silly though, in this day and age. I imagine the elite controller will eventually be a pack-in, and Sony will eventually fashion a similar piece of kit. It's a natural evolution really that surprisingly hasn't already been adopted.

Stupid question incoming: If you buy a digital copy of a game (say Elder Scrolls Online) can you play it on multiple Xbox Live accounts?

Hi fellas,

I've a question about restarting the console:

Why does the console shut down every time I tell it to restart? I select restart from the power options, it shuts down. I restart when clearing Alternate MAC Address, it shuts down.

The only time it DOES restart is when the system auto-restarts doing updates.

A bug then? Surprised it hasn't gotten resolved by now.

I always keep Energy Saving on and just to reiterate when manually given the restart command, it blinks a few times (just like the shutdown sequence) and powers down.

Err.... hello???

Back