The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
Err.... hello???

Maybe it has something to do with Energy Saving mode? It's a shot in the dark but have you tried using restart with energy saving mode off to see if your console actually does restart instead of shutting down?

If it still does it (or you've tried that already and it still does it), it's best to contact Microsoft.

1434446395-recore-key-art.jpg

Well I received my console back for the 2nd time and this time everything appears to be working, I was able to set it up last night and make it through update process.

For some reason installing Forza Horizon 2 again took forever, it stalled at 38% (and this is from a disc), I restarted the Xbox and then it finished the install just fine, but then syncing my data afterwards from the cloud took another hour. Yeah that's 2 hours to install one game, painful after not have a console for 50 days.

I also managed to reinstall Minecraft and the DLC I bought for it. I still have to install Madden 15, Dragon Age, The Crew and Destiny and sync all of the data, hopefully they don't take near as long as FH2 or it's going to be a long week.

And finally, I made sure to change the settings, disabled the auto-update feature, by selecting the Energy-saving mode, it disables the auto-on feature and pretty much everything else.

Well I received my console back for the 2nd time and this time everything appears to be working, I was able to set it up last night and make it through update process.

For some reason installing Forza Horizon 2 again took forever, it stalled at 38% (and this is from a disc), I restarted the Xbox and then it finished the install just fine, but then syncing my data afterwards from the cloud took another hour. Yeah that's 2 hours to install one game, painful after not have a console for 50 days.

I also managed to reinstall Minecraft and the DLC I bought for it. I still have to install Madden 15, Dragon Age, The Crew and Destiny and sync all of the data, hopefully they don't take near as long as FH2 or it's going to be a long week.

And finally, I made sure to change the settings, disabled the auto-update feature, by selecting the Energy-saving mode, it disables the auto-on feature and pretty much everything else.
Nice to see you have your X1 back finally. Also xboxlive has been having a lot of issues lately again so that's probably why the download too so long. I know you said you were installing from a disc but with the issues live has been having, it wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the issue.

If you had an external HD, I wonder if you would be able to avoid all the re-installation time? If you had the data on the external hd it seems like you could just plug that back in and be all set. Instead of re-installing everything again. Not exactly sure how that would work.

Also smart move setting it to power save mode. That should greatly extend the life of your X1.

Nice to see you have your X1 back finally. Also xboxlive has been having a lot of issues lately again so that's probably why the download too so long. I know you said you were installing from a disc but with the issues live has been having, it wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the issue.

If you had an external HD, I wonder if you would be able to avoid all the re-installation time? If you had the data on the external hd it seems like you could just plug that back in and be all set. Instead of re-installing everything again. Not exactly sure how that would work.

Also smart move setting it to power save mode. That should greatly extend the life of your X1.

Having and external HD is just a good idea anyway for backing up data, it's on my list of things to buy along with a 2nd controller.

On the subject of ReCore, that game just looks amazing, I've watched the trailer about 6 times now, Sea of Thieves also looks like it might be a fun multiplayer game, different in a refreshing way. I am going to keep my eye on that one too.

^^ Looks like I might need an external HDD sooner than later; great games coming out in a few months and the X1 cannot hold more than 7 or 8 games averaging between 40 and 50 gigs.

I'm having issues with my XB1 and I have no idea what it is. Whenever I play FH2 it crashes within minutes or even seconds of driving around. My brother has had similar issues with State of Decay.

- I have it on Energy-Saver Mode
- I am not on the preview program
- It is one of the earlier consoles (If this matters I don't know.)

It's the only reason I don't use the console, and I really hate seeing what costed $500 when it first came out sit and not be able to do anything.

I'm having issues with my XB1 and I have no idea what it is. Whenever I play FH2 it crashes within minutes or even seconds of driving around. My brother has had similar issues with State of Decay.

- I have it on Energy-Saver Mode
- I am not on the preview program
- It is one of the earlier consoles (If this matters I don't know.)

It's the only reason I don't use the console, and I really hate seeing what costed $500 when it first came out sit and not be able to do anything.

Wierd...

* Do a fresh boot up of your console (brick should go from white to amber, then power it on)
* Clear Persistent Storage
* Clear Alternate MAC Address (depending on how often you get the restart bug, your console may either restart or just shut down.. in which case, power it back up after 30 secs or so)
* Make sure you're going into the game first thing after powering up the console
* You play online so I assume you have all the latest game updates. Is your console updated as well?
* Last resort: reinstall game and clear Local Saved Games to re-sync your game save with the cloud

Wierd...

* Do a fresh boot up of your console (brick should go from white to amber, then power it on)
* Clear Persistent Storage
* Clear Alternate MAC Address (depending on how often you get the restart bug, your console may either restart or just shut down.. in which case, power it back up after 30 secs or so)
* Make sure you're going into the game first thing after powering up the console
* You play online so I assume you have all the latest game updates. Is your console updated as well?
* Last resort: reinstall game and clear Local Saved Games to re-sync your game save with the cloud

Clearing the Persistent Storage and Alternate MAC Address seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the info. :cheers:

VXR
That Trackmania looks like good fun.
I agree. Plus its interesting to see the recent trend with Ubisoft and racing games. This looks like an absolute blast especially with the track builder. The "double driver" challenges would be a blast with friends. Similar to what GTA5 did with some of the rally race events.

Last edited:
Back