The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I don't even understand what's going on in here. :lol:
Me neither. Especially since cloud gaming isn't exactly close at hand, as of now.

So, could we, like, get back on topic? If cloud gaming is such a huge topic, it'd probably be the best option to just create a thread about it.

It's from a dev kit. They're sent out to developers to begin programming prior to launch. This leak is not from inside Microsoft.

I'm aware of that but wouldn't Microsoft try to make sure that third party developers don't leak information on the next Xbox, wouldn't there be consequences for developers if they do release details on Durango?

There's not a lot Microsoft can do about it. Once they start handing dev kits over, they assume leaks are going to start happening.

I'm aware of that but wouldn't Microsoft try to make sure that third party developers don't leak information on the next Xbox, wouldn't there be consequences for developers if they do release details on Durango?

I am sure they sign NDA's... Even then you're going to have a tough time figuring out what developer leaked the information. I am sure there have been dev kits out for the past several months; so, by now every developer looking to launch a title in late 2013 early 2014 (which is the rumored time frame of launch) has one. Not a whole lot Microsoft can do besides confirm or deny; which they're not even ready to confirm the existence of the next xbox yet.

I just read this on The Register:

Microsoft job ad advises 'Xbox 720' out by Feb 2014

Waiting for the next generation of Microsoft's Xbox games console? You won't be kept more than 18 months, it seems. A job vacancy posted on Microsoft's website revealed: "Over the next 18 months, Microsoft will release new versions of all of our most significant products including Windows (Client, Server, Phone and Azure), Office and Xbox."

Don't look for the listing - Redmond's leak police quickly excised the slip-up, but not before PC World spotted it. But the cat's out of the bag: there'll be an 'Xbox 720' out by February 2014. Christmas 2013, you reckon then?

Not, of course, that World+Dog hadn't figured this broad timetable out anyway. It's well known that the current generation of consoles are nearing the end of their life as flagship products, and that new versions will be out in the next year or two. Analysts and other observers have been forecasting a 2013/2104 launch for both the next Xbox and the next-generation PlayStation.

Microsoft Windows general manager Brian Hall recently let slip that the company is now timing the release of "the new wave of products that we could have coming out with Windows 8, with the new version of Office, with the new Windows Phone and the new Xbox". The comment that prompted Redmond spin control to insist that Hall was talking about an Xbox accessory update.

As someone who has all 3 consoles in my home I will not be getting all 3 next time around.

My son will probably have Wii u for Christmas.
That leaves either the PS 4 or Xbox 3.
Now I've read many posts about how I bought a PS3 for GT. I'm a person who likes the racing genre. Will I be buying a PS4 for GT6? No chance. History dictates that T10 have improved every version. PD are up and down and I'm not prepared to gamble.

Only one other circumstance can play an important factor. Wheel compatibility. Im not confident about Xbox allowing previous control systems to work. It's got Kinnect 2 built in as not to piss off kinect owners. If my Fanatec gets crippled I'm pretty certain PS will run it.

Turn 10 failed HORRIBLY on Horizon. I was THE biggest advocate of xBox and Forza. I did everything I could for many years to help advance the drifting scene as a whole through all 4 offerings from Turn10. When I picked up my preordered Horizon LCE I could not believe that they had ounce again taken a step backwards on the game.

The simple fact that you can not get full lock at any speed without a $500 wheel like a Fanatec is just ridiculous. They also would not allow turn in until the front tires actually lost traction then you would gain another 20+ degrees of steering angle. I had someone post many videos of this on youtube and every time I posted on Forzamotorsport.net about the topics, a moderator would remove the post and I would receive a "time out" for not puckering my lips and placing them on T10's behind.

Horizon was actually the final straw and why I jumped ship to come back to PS3 and GT5. I would go back if I could afford a CSR Elite, but then I would use it on all three platforms and I wouldn't care either way.

You know Horizon was a spin-off, right? It wasn't Forza 5 and it's not an indication of what Forza 5 will be, it's a different game using the Forza name and assets.

I know that I am NOT getting a 720 or whatever. I'm going with PS4.

Thanks for opening this thread and letting us know.

I'm hoping that the next generation of consoles are powerful enough to make real-time raytracing feasible, but I'm not counting on it.

I just pray that both Sony and Microsoft don't both abandon the core gaming experience in favor of targeting a more casual demographic. I'm thinking that one of 'em probably will, but as long as one of them releases a new platform that still caters to hardcore games, I'll be happy.

Turn 10 failed HORRIBLY on Horizon. I was THE biggest advocate of xBox and Forza. I did everything I could for many years to help advance the drifting scene as a whole through all 4 offerings from Turn10. When I picked up my preordered Horizon LCE I could not believe that they had ounce again taken a step backwards on the game.

The simple fact that you can not get full lock at any speed without a $500 wheel like a Fanatec is just ridiculous. They also would not allow turn in until the front tires actually lost traction then you would gain another 20+ degrees of steering angle. I had someone post many videos of this on youtube and every time I posted on Forzamotorsport.net about the topics, a moderator would remove the post and I would receive a "time out" for not puckering my lips and placing them on T10's behind.

Horizon was actually the final straw and why I jumped ship to come back to PS3 and GT5. I would go back if I could afford a CSR Elite, but then I would use it on all three platforms and I wouldn't care either way.

Sorry to hear you feel that way about horizon. I've not played it with a pad but I feel your anguish.

I'm pretty certain it's a problem on most racing games with a pad. Mimicking 900* via a lateral movement of about an inch is a problem. Buffers are present to help stick users.
Having said that I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to override any buffers when the stick is fully locked side to side and put the wheels into a full lock.

Is it not possible to drift with a pad at all?

You know Horizon was a spin-off, right? It wasn't Forza 5 and it's not an indication of what Forza 5 will be, it's a different game using the Forza name and assets.

Thanks for opening this thread and letting us know.

Fully aware of that. It seemed more to me, though, like T10 was dipping into the well and testing the waters with options that may or may not make it into F5. Time change and weather would be welcome changes, but the rest was just horribly done, arcade style or not, it was just bad.

Sorry to hear you feel that way about horizon. I've not played it with a pad but I feel your anguish.

I'm pretty certain it's a problem on most racing games with a pad. Mimicking 900* via a lateral movement of about an inch is a problem. Buffers are present to help stick users.
Having said that I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to override any buffers when the stick is fully locked side to side and put the wheels into a full lock.

Is it not possible to drift with a pad at all?

Completely possible, our crew mastered it to the point of full lobbies drifting door to door and following me into backwards entries after a full 90 degree faint. Fujimi Kaido New DH first big left hand hairpin was my signature corner in the game. Using the Lexus ISF on street tires and only 6-700 hp I would start entry around 120mph with a faint at the begging of the wall on the left side, go for a rear bumper only scrape, release clutch and tap brake to switch back and catch the car, dropping down to 3rd gear for the hairpin and try to scrape the rear again all the way around. I got to the point that I could do it 9out of 10 times and would not retain any recognizable damage from the readouts and we only ran full sim. I just could not get over their lack of concern for pad drivers, full lock at any speed is a good idea if you are plannin on 100+ degree entries.:)

Fully aware of that. It seemed more to me, though, like T10 was dipping into the well and testing the waters with options that may or may not make it into F5. Time change and weather would be welcome changes, but the rest was just horribly done, arcade style or not, it was just bad.

You could be completely right but let's just wait and see, huh?

Looks like there is a very good chance the next xbox console will be announced at E3 2013. This is the first time Major Nelson has ever listed a counter this early in the year for E3. I have a feeling it will be for the next console for sure.

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/

The 720 better have some good launch titles. Personally I'd like Gears of War 4, Forza 5, Halo 4 and the new next gen NFS game. However if GT6 is a launch title for PS4 I'll wait on the 720.

The 720 better have some good launch titles. Personally I'd like Gears of War 4, Forza 5, Halo 4 and the new next gen NFS game. However if GT6 is a launch title for PS4 I'll wait on the 720.

Same here. GT6 being one of PS4's launch titles all the way for me. :D

Halo 4 is already out but Halo 5 wont be out for at least 2 more years. I can almost guarantee that. GOW4 and Forza 5 will probably be next gen for sure. If not I will be surprised. I would expect Gears Of War 4 next year 2014 since Judgement is coming out this year 2013. I would also like to see a new Crackdown or even Kameo.

GT6 wont be out for a LONG time and I think we all know that. I remember getting the PS3 and waiting year after year for GT5. I wont do that again. GT6 will be next gen for sure. But lets leave that topic for the PS3 forums.

So many rumours

I don't like the thought of some DVR/PVR set top box thingy built in. Wouldn't want a penny of the budget going to that. Who knows, maybe MS can make it work if true or maybe for US only?

In EU we have sky boxes, cable boxes and independent boxes, you can fit any 1-2tb HDD internal or external. Anyone who doesn't have one already doesn't give a fig or have enough time to record stuff. Plus if you have a family, everything on one box is useless.

Following their typical schedule, T10 should be releasing FM5 in the final quarter of this year. Though it does seem a bit rushed, since we've heard nothing about FM5 other than them hiring for it. If it is indeed on the next generation (which seems all-but confirmed by this point), it makes sense we haven't been shown much, but I imagine E3 will be a hell of a show this year.

GT's never been a launch title, so I'd be surprised if it will be for Sony's next-gen.

Back