These screenshots are incredible!!!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 85 comments
Originally posted by vat_man

Prices are correct - exchange rate is about one Australian dollar buys 52 cents US. I'm surprised at the prices being the same in the US - puts a dent in my argument from a US perspective - but then, I'd suggest MS might be more US focussed than Sony, too.

The brand recognition is a big element - Sony has a very strong 'quality' image in the market, plus a lot of people's work experience with Windows is fairly negative, and people aren't going to disassociate MS Windows from MS X-Box.

It'll be interesting. I hate Microsoft (although I do love Excel) so I won't be buying an X-Box.

Well, perhaps you could look at it this way... Microsoft loses about 300 dollars (US) for each Xbox it sells (this number will go down as technology becomes cheaper) Buying an Xbox will cost them money, hopefully bankrupting them. ;) Plus Software (I know they get royalties... blah blah ;)) is not made by MS (mostly anyway) so you are really only supporting smaller companies that have chosen to work with hardware that can truly unlock their vision of what a great game should be. :D Plus it looks as though the Xbox will be the console of choice for driving games. :)
go down to a store and check out Rallisport challenge if they have a Demo machine. I think that will be enough to ruin your entire day ;)

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

And Vat_man, is the Xbox really 649??? That's a really big difference. Over here The Xbox and PS2 are both 299 (The GC is 199)

In Holland the Xbox is 479 euro. that is very expensive :mad:
1 euro is 0,90$, so that would be $430. That is a big difference with the price in US

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

Well, perhaps you could look at it this way... Microsoft loses about 300 dollars (US) for each Xbox it sells (this number will go down as technology becomes cheaper) Buying an Xbox will cost them money, hopefully bankrupting them. ;) Plus Software (I know they get royalties... blah blah ;)) is not made by MS (mostly anyway) so you are really only supporting smaller companies that have chosen to work with hardware that can truly unlock their vision of what a great game should be. :D Plus it looks as though the Xbox will be the console of choice for driving games. :)
go down to a store and check out Rallisport challenge if they have a Demo machine. I think that will be enough to ruin your entire day ;)

Funny you should mention MS losing money - in Australia (don't know if this is the case in the US) the X-Box is going for about $200 less than cost. MS have asked the retailers to wear this (Sony wear it themselves), the idea being they get the money back with software sales.

Most of the retailers have gone along with this, except Harvey Norman, who have a HUGE presence in the IT/Computers/Console business, who basically told MS to jam it. Very funny.

wow :eek: Something like that would never was with retailers here. bill would have to go door to door selling them like Girlscout cookies if he wanted them to do that. (They tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine ;))

I got raillisport challenge and it is really fun. The graphics are so good and the game play is just as good. I like it cause it isnt just driving in cirlces it is going from point at to point be so everything is new you dont get used to it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just picked this game up this weekend.

The graphics are excellent, with some small complaints. Namely the non-blurred wheels like every other game out there but GT3. ;)

The physics are wonderful, and really feel great. I like the variety of the tracks between sand, dirt, mud, ice and tarmac.

The navigator's pace notes feature is by far the sweetest part of the game, in my opinion. I love not having a map and having to listen to him tell me what's coming. It really lets you drive fast when you don't know the course at all.

I highly recommend this game for any rally fan.

i dont see what all the hype is about, the reason x-box sux is because they dont have any of the gran turismo series for it.......

'nuff said.

Originally posted by Dragoon
i dont see what all the hype is about, the reason x-box sux is because they dont have any of the gran turismo series for it.......

'nuff said.

Whoa...feel that? The IQ level in this thread just plummeted about 30 points...

Originally posted by Dragoon

'nuff said.

:reallyodd Well too bad cuz the xbox aint going to get GT. I just dont see that happening any time soon.

Originally posted by AltF8

Whoa...feel that? The IQ level in this thread just plummeted about 30 points...

eek3.gif

Originally posted by viper_maniac

:reallyodd Well too bad cuz the xbox aint going to get GT. I just dont see that happening any time soon.

Muwahahahahhaaaa....glad I have a PS2. :darkside:

I just finished Silent Hill 2 for the second time last night. God, what a great game. At least the poor unfortunates who have Xboxes have one great game. :P

Originally posted by risingson77

Muwahahahahhaaaa....glad I have a PS2. :darkside:

I just finished Silent Hill 2 for the second time last night. God, what a great game. At least the poor unfortunates who have Xboxes have one great game. :P

I also have a PS2.

one game?

SH2 is great if you really let your imagination run and get into the enviroment of the game. Y'know, so it absolutely scares the bejesus out of you. Like me (someone who is, ostensibly at least, an adult). Sad, ain't it?

But it's pretty obvious you like FFX. So you do have good taste in games. :smilewink

Originally posted by risingson77
SH2 is great if you really let your imagination run and get into the enviroment of the game. Y'know, so it absolutely scares the bejesus out of you. Like me (someone who is, ostensibly at least, an adult). Sad, ain't it?

But it's pretty obvious you like FFX. So you do have good taste in games. :smilewink

Yep. :smilewink

ARG! Finally beat the second series of ice races last night...MAN those were hard!

Just drove my first Group B car last night too. Wow! :eek:

Now I know why they are so 'infamous'!

XBOX Can have it's own Rally and Racing games.....

whilst

PS2 has the GT series and Colin Mc Rae and WRC Championship!

What more racing games could you want.... Burnout ..hell yeah!

What about Driver 3 for PS2......hope they make a better game engine!

Back