Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
Currently working in an office with someone that only types with their middle fingers, and hits the keys progressively harder as they get closer to the end of the sentence, and hits the full stop key hard enough to rock the keyboard.

It's quite annoying.

Better than the noisy eater we had before though.... like a blender with the lid off.

You know what is very annoying. When you are in a hurry, you have to be somewhere on time, leave early and after a while get stuck in a traffic jam.

If I have all the time in the world, a traffic jam is not annoying.

How you resist popping him is beyond me. Frankly, I think you'd even be justified in doing so; say it was an involuntary reaction to a perceived threat.

I wish I could, but I figured if I don't give him a reaction he'll get bored. I really shouldn't call him a sales"man" since he's 20 and the most immature person I've ever worked with. Despite all the screwups he does, management doesn't event slap him on the wrist.

You know what is very annoying. When you are in a hurry, you have to be somewhere on time, leave early and after a while get stuck in a traffic jam.

If I have all the time in the world, a traffic jam is not annoying.

Travel by bike and traffic jams are almost nonexistent.

When in a car, you’re not in traffic, you are traffic.

I've tried, but carrying a furnace and about 50 pounds of tools all while riding a bike turned out to be rather difficult.
Try with the furnace and...say...25 pounds of tools; work your way up from there.

:P

I've tried, but carrying a furnace and about 50 pounds of tools all while riding a bike turned out to be rather difficult.

You need to think more 3rd world.

images

images

Buying new computer stuff and you can't get it to work, for now. I mean, it's working just fine but not what I want to use it for. :grumpy:

Logitech webcam for head/face tracking in AC, ACC and helicopter flight sims.

People who don't know shoot about the government but they still criticize it. Just because it has the word "government" in it.
Knowing about it doesn't really suppress the compulsion to criticize, though. Actually, one's probably even more likely to criticize when one sees just how absurd the whole thing can be at times.

The confusing thing for me is that I misread @TheNuvolari's post about the Government. :P

I thought he meant "shoot" as in "shooting". After reading that sentence three times, I got this. 💡

I believe he meant "anything". Correct?

The confusing thing for me is that I misread @TheNuvolari's post about the Government. :P

I thought he meant "shoot" as in "shooting". After reading that sentence three times, I got this. 💡

I believe he meant "anything". Correct?

I think he meant to say another word for fecal matter. :lol:

Why did the fish store always tell me I couldn't have Betta fish together? How the hell do they make babies then?

Last edited:
Why did the fish store always tell me I couldn't have Beta fish together? How the hell do they make babies then?
Do you mean Betta fish?

If not, I'm getting even more confused. A Beta game I know but a Beta fish.

Why is this so funny lol. I crying laughing in public right now :lol:
Drunk?

It's said that to explain a joke is to kill it, but I like to think that's more the case when explaining why a joke was supposed to be funny rather than why one might have been found funny. I'll go ahead and stick it in a spoiler box regardless.

I'd imagine the joke works because some words, particularly those with certain consonant clusters such as "ich" and "ist", can be associated with the sound someone makes when sneezing, making them appropriate onomatopoetic representations of that sound. Of course longer words with such clusters are a little more absurd when thought of as a sneeze, because the sound we make when sneezing very rarely has more than two syllables, and absurdity also lends itself to humor.

Then, instead of merely saying "that sounded like a sneeze", responding with a common sympathetic response to a sneeze and the offering (even in virtual form) of a facial tissue lets the audience arrive to the joke instead of being told outright.

Did I kill it?

Drunk?

It's said that to explain a joke is to kill it, but I like to think that's more the case when explaining why a joke was supposed to be funny rather than why one might have been found funny. I'll go ahead and stick it in a spoiler box regardless.

I'd imagine the joke works because some words, particularly those with certain consonant clusters such as "ich" and "ist", can be associated with the sound someone makes when sneezing, making them appropriate onomatopoetic representations of that sound. Of course longer words with such clusters are a little more absurd when thought of as a sneeze, because the sound we make when sneezing very rarely has more than two syllables, and absurdity also lends itself to humor.

Then, instead of merely saying "that sounded like a sneeze", responding with a common sympathetic response to a sneeze and the offering (even in virtual form) of a facial tissue lets the audience arrive to the joke instead of being told outright.

Did I kill it?
Not drunk, just had a long exhausting afternoon and finally felt relaxed waiting for my food at Dominoes. Almost in a sleepy feeling state where everything makes you giggle a little. And no, I'm not high. LOL. I've never touched marijuana. (That's something else that annoys me.)

You didn't kill the joke at all. I took it exactly how you explained. Spot on. :cheers:

Back