Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
I found a lot of my problems with anxiety were from not breathing properly. Nobody ever teaches how to breath, right? We do it naturally but there’s good and bad ways to do it and proper breathing has reduced most of my anxiety problems to nothing.

The Samsung S Health app has a Breathing Exercise thing on it I find that it helps sometimes.

I found a lot of my problems with anxiety were from not breathing properly. Nobody ever teaches how to breath, right? We do it naturally but there’s good and bad ways to do it and proper breathing has reduced most of my anxiety problems to nothing.
So true!

You can't imagine how much I agree with you.

I got really annoyed with this one since it's the second time it has happened. Why on earth does google maps show parking lot pathways as streets?!

I don't like to use the prescribed directions. I study a new place on the map for a few minutes and decide on my own way to get there before driving. Problem is now all of a sudden I find myself looking for small connecting streets that don't even exist! I stop and check out what's going on and I find out these streets on the map are going straight through a shopping center. Stupid crap!

Guess I'll just have to verify the area with satellite view. Still, I can't understand the logic behind adding the paths running through lots. Why would such information ever be needed? Directions over a distance is one thing, but needing a map for a parking lot? What next? Mapping every driveway and garage space?
They added those walkways and such for the bike and walk navigation, probably.

G-Maps marked the one-way section at the end of my street as a two way. I've had to yell at drivers trying to pull out and going the wrong direction.

images

Apple wireless earphones they look terrible and it looks like somebody just cut the cord off and it looks so obnoxious!

No kidding, I just looked them up and that really turns me off from wanting to buy them. I think i'll stick to my corded earphones.
AirPods being an Apple product, I was bracing myself for worse. My Shures were more but I'm sure (no pun intended) they're better too.

A hospital-associated job I use to do sometimes dealt with documents written by doctors.

Honestly, they drew certain body parts with more detail than they could ever describe them by word: their writing was atrocious.

Do doctors in Europe not use electronic medical records? I've worked in healthcare nearly 10 years now and I'm yet to see a doctor write anything medical related, they just type it or use voice-to-text.

Do doctors in Europe not use electronic medical records? I've worked in healthcare nearly 10 years now and I'm yet to see a doctor write anything medical related, they just type it or use voice-to-text.

In the UK at least, there was a system in the works where all physical documents within every patient medical record would be scanned to a database, and then become accessible to those working within the NHS trust who wanted the information. Any new information generated after the creation of the database, would automatically be added to it.

From what I recall, it hit problems very early on and effectively didn't lead to anything worthwhile. Whatever was scanned equated to a very small percentage of the vast number of patient documents: something like 3% overall. Whether it's still going I have no idea.

In the last year I’ve had only 1 doctor (the shrink) write things by hand and his writing was awful. All the others just typed up the notes.

tenor.gif

I'm aware I have some bad breathing habits, mostly these manifest themselves if I'm doing public speaking, or I'm doing a repetitive exercise like rowing... however, I'm as skeptical as Bruce Lee that in general my breathing is having any effect on my somewhat failing state of mind - it just seems like something quite trivial to have such a major effect...

... not that a free and easy guaranteed cure wouldn't be appreciated!

Correct and proper breathing gives more oxygen to the brain and calms the brain. Anxiety doesn't exist in a calm brain. Don't forget, yoga, martial arts, meditation, relaxation exercises are all based on proper and correct breathing techniques.

What do people do when they have an anxiety attack? Yes, they hyperventilate which makes the anxiety even worse. What do people say to people when they have an anxiety attack. Calm down, control your breathing, in and out, in and out, in and out.

You can even control pain to a certain amount with correct breathing techniques.

I even learnt to sing (poorly) once I’d mastered my breathing. I’m still awful at it but I’ve got the technique down.

Those dear very very very gentle people who are listening to the music through a bluetooth speaker with maximum volume on a bus and not caring that there are other people on the bus too who don't want to hear those level -1000 trash music. Great that no one invented the earphones yet.

That's just rude, sir. I'm talking about when people don't have common sense in public when you'd think they do.

I work in the Dairy department of a super market. People are in the dairy aisle asking where cheese is. I can't sometimes...

One thing that confused me for a while was why whenever I park far away from the store entrance in any parking lot in an empty area, I always come back with one car parked next to it. Rather than picking another space where they could park with no other car next to them, said person picks to park next to my car. Then, it hit on me when I did the very thing. It's possibly because people get confused on whether or not their car is fully in the space, so they park next to another car as a guide. :dopey:

---
Okay, this though confuses me; why are there people that like listening to music so loud that they can't hear anyone else? I mean at parties and events. Whenever I go to a car meet, there's always that one guy that decides to blast their loud speakers in their trunk so fricken loudly. In which really annoys me on the count I didn't go to a car meet to listen to someone's stupid music, I wanted to hear engine sounds and exhaust notes. I want to hear the inline 6 of an e46 BMW M3, not some rap music played on a loud volume.

That's just rude, sir.
Or humorous.
I work in the Dairy department of a super market. People are in the dairy aisle asking where cheese is. I can't sometimes...
Cheese is a dairy item, what with it being made from milk in dairies, so it's not unreasonable for people to ask the people working in the dairy aisle for help locating cheeses with said aisle...

Back