Things that confuse/annoy you

• Thread starter UnkaD
  • 2,191 comments
The best example is when you are disallowed from saving an image that is otherwise 100% available at its original size.
Gives me flashbacks from when I had to use the "inspect element" feature on my browser just to get my GT6 photos from a website associated with the game. (I forget the name) Fortunately they added the option to save it later on.
OH NO! WHAT WILL I DO? OPEN 🤬 SNIPPING TOOL AND SAVE IT ANYWAY? Wow. What a worthwhile use of code. Much protect. So safe.
Not going to lie, this made me laugh. :P
Another example is when you are free to stream (reasonably (un)compressed) audio, but not allowed to download it. It's not like I can just open Audacity, start the stream (eg. YouTube video), and record the audio with my recording device set to Stereo Mix. That's too hard!
I have similar feelings towards radio edits of songs that can't be easily obtained. (*cough* Zac Brown Band *cough*) I'd buy it if I could, but when I can't, I sometimes let my computer record iHeart radio at night, mainly so I can get some radio edits that I can't easily acquire.
The unfortunate part of the second example is that computer manufacturers seem to be wise to it, and apparently add deliberate distortion to the Stereo Mix channel to deter the practice (if they don't block access to Stereo Mix entirely)...? That makes my life a bit harder when I want to record my own music from a playback source that does not record to WAV by itself.
I have noticed they don't seem to include it anymore, but I didn't know about the distortion part. It's worse when you need the stereo mix for reasons unrelated to recording music, but don't have it. Like, Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) is a great example of this because without stereo mix, it crashes.
We have the technology. Even without the Stereo Mix channel, you can just use a friggin' 3.5mm cord (and accept the nominal analog noise). I've recorded OST tracks directly from the Wii U and Switch that way.
This is true, I did that before with NFS Undercover on PS2 and one of my old TV's. It's worth noting consoles like the PS4 have the option to record video and you could easily just turn sound effects off and record the music as it plays. I did that with NFS 2015.

Ironically, I recently bought NFS2015 while it was on sale on Steam so I could get a hold of it's music since I was pretty fond of it and I could get it in better sound quality. (of course that wasn't my only reason for buying it)
if you let me view or hear something through a digital device, it is mine to keep.
I paid for the game, and the OST is part of the game.
I kind of feel the same as well. The part I mentioned about some radio edits not being easy to obtain is something I also feel here because some games have some songs or edits of songs you literally can't find anywhere else. I love extracting music from video games.

Funny enough, I am actually in the middle of extracting music from NFS Prostreet for PS2 as we speak and have been doing this throughout my day.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, this made me laugh. :P
I'm a bit spun up from research I've been trying to do in the last week, from too many sources that are needlessly coy with critical details and seemingly cannot spell out ideas in a clear and readily comprehensible manner. :lol:

I intend to do something about that, in time. ;)

It is rather infuriating dealing with co-workers with control over the showroom music who are oblivious to how inappropriate music is that they choose. As well as the music source they choose.... Working in a BMW showroom, I feel like people would at least expect some kind of "decency" with music. Not stuff that is overly loud and in your face you almost feel like you have to yell in the showroom. Right now they're playing oldies, but live versions...because we need to hear people cheering and what not in the showroom. And with the music being played off Spotify and the dealership being too cheap to pay for premium, we have to listen to ads. Feels "totally" appropriate to hear Lucky Charms and Charmin ads that manage to be louder than the damn music. All I suggested was a Youtube channel that streams calming jazz or bossa nova 24/7. I'm not against music with vocals, but having stuff that is so loud that you have to raise your voice is annoying. It shouldn't be this hard to pick background music and make sure it isn't so loud or irritating to everyone. Heck, there's even times where the sales people want to put on "their" music, which ends up being rap or 90s punk music. (My co-workers are all in their 20s-early 30s) Nothing like hearing the N-word while trying to shop for luxury cars.

But every time I get jazz or some other kind of music that's better as a background noise, it gets shut down because it's "too boring." Majority of the customer base at our dealership is elderly folks.... I don't know how my co-workers tolerate hearing ads like Charmin's.... "WE HEARD YOU SHOULDN'T TALK ABOUT GOING TO THE BATHROOM IN PUBLIC, SO WE MADE A SONG ABOUT IT!!!!" -plays some horrible pop song modified to sing about toilet paper- :mad:

I'm sure someone here will make some sarcastic remark thinking they're being funny, but it's just driving me mad. I'm not the type to easily block out sounds, so that's why I find it more annoying than most others. But people shouldn't have to raise their voice over the "background" music or ads just to talk to someone. Especially with the music/music player being chosen by the people who have the JOB of talking to people. :banghead:
Inusually don't check this thread so apologies for the delayed reply.

From the sound of it, they're likely not the kind of people to care but it does violate Spotify's terms and conditions.

That said, even if they moved to a different platform, that wouldn't necessarily help with the content. That will likely only change if enough customers complained.

This Covid-19 situation confuses me. I don't know what is allowed and isn't allowed anymore.

Googling Inusually.

Last edited:
Why on earth are people ignoring big signs that tell them a rule? Okay, for background; I have recently been working part-time at a grocery store. Due to the covid situation, people can only buy a limited amount of certain items. They get mad when I remind them of that rule and defend by saying "you guys didn't have a sign there". The sign was in an obvious spot and in big, bold letters...

Wars were fought for my right to hoard items that are in limited supply.
Like toilet paper for instance...

In which, that was something that confused me during the start of this thing. Why on earth do people think hoarding items like toilet paper are going to help them? I can perhaps understand disinfectant things like wipes and spray, but not toilet paper.

Last edited:
Like toilet paper for instance...

In which, that was something that confused me during the start of this thing. Why on earth do people think hoarding items like toilet paper are going to help them? I can perhaps understand disinfectant things like wipes and spray, but not toilet paper.
It's not fun to need toilet paper and not have toilet paper.

Catching YouTube ads at the tail end of videos just before the last 30-60 seconds; annoying, but admittedly clever bastards.
This, but also ads IN THE MIDDLE OF A SONG. I'm listening to a song and it's like NOPE, lets play an ad in the bridge of the song and ruin it for you!!!

If they're not intrusive and annoying, people will be less likely to pay to not get them.

I'm annoyed with my own phone's music section for advertising sirius XM over and over again. STOP!
Oh for crying out loud, I'm not even using a streaming service, just my phone's own MP3 player with songs I bought!

Catching YouTube ads at the tail end of videos just before the last 30-60 seconds; annoying, but admittedly clever bastards.

I get annoyed when the ads are only 5 seconds long so you can’t really skip them. Somehow skipping after 5 seconds on a long ad is better than that.

When people say "I could care less" when what they meant to say is "I could not care less"

The former states that you could care less, which implies you care at least a little bit about the subject at hand. While the latter means you literally cannot care any less than you do already, signifying absolute zero care. This irritates me so much because people don't even think about what they are saying. They just want to add a little flavor to their speech so they conjure up some phrase they've heard over the years but end up getting it wrong. This also goes for people using a common phrase inaccurately as well, where people will use a phrase to describe something, but the actual meaning of the phrase doesn't mean what they think. I could, in fact, care less about whether someone uses this phrase incorrectly.

I may be acting a bit pedantic over this but I seek to enhance clarity whenever possible. You can't always rely on someone just 'knowing what you meant to say'

Last edited:
When people say "I could care less" when what they meant to say is "I could not care less"

The former states that you could care less, which implies you care at least a little bit about the subject at hand. While the latter means you literally cannot care any less than you do already, signifying absolute zero care. This irritates me so much because people don't even think about what they are saying. They just want to add a little flavor to their speech so they conjure up some phrase they've heard over the years but end up getting it wrong. This also goes for people using a common phrase inaccurately as well, where people will use a phrase to describe something, but the actual meaning of the phrase doesn't mean what they think. I could, in fact, care less about whether someone uses this phrase incorrectly.

I may be acting a bit pedantic over this but I seek to enhance clarity whenever possible. You can't always rely on someone just 'knowing what you meant to say'
I have a really hard time with this, especially with written messages and texts, because I take or read everything exactly as stated or written. Word for word with punctuation included. If someone shoots me a message and it's just a long paragraph without a single comma or period, I won't be able to process it. If someone says a common phrase but with words missing or switched around, I'll have to stop and have them clarify. If someone sends me a question without a question mark, I will 100% read it as a statement. The last one has caused numerous problems with a specific family member of mine.

I absolutely hate when people write "could of" instead of "could've". I don't know why but it makes me cringe everytime I see it.
Just... why? What's the point of this? You're not saving a single keystroke by typing it that way. smh

I know I'm overreacting about this but it's definitely annoying me more than it should.

I absolutely hate when people write "could of" instead of "could've". I don't know why but it makes me cringe everytime I see it.
Just... why? What's the point of this? You're not saving a single keystroke by typing it that way. smh

I know I'm overreacting about this but it's definitely annoying me more than it should.

'Could of' is incorrect English anyway. It should be 'could have' - in which case the shortened 'could've' is perfectly acceptable.

'Could of' is incorrect English anyway. It should be 'could have' - in which case the shortened 'could've' is perfectly acceptable.
This.

The confusion probably stems from the way it's actually spoken. 'Could have' is clunky when spoken in a sentence. Hence the shortened 'could've' - but this is often pronounced more like 'could'ov' which is why some people incorrectly type 'could of' when trying to type those words they hear in their head instead.

Last edited:

I catch this as well, and on occasions that I'm not otherwise occupied, I correct it in my head. But there's another side to it that I occasionally consider when I do correct it in my head, and that's that responding with "I couldn't care less" suggests less than total apathy, for if you truly couldn't care less, you would disregard it entirely. When you apply that reasoning, "I could care less" is actually a valid remark.

I catch this as well, and on occasions that I'm not otherwise occupied, I correct it in my head. But there's another side to it that I occasionally consider when I do correct it in my head, and that's that responding with "I couldn't care less" suggests less than total apathy, for if you truly couldn't care less, you would disregard it entirely. When you apply that reasoning, "I could care less" is actually a valid remark.
You might use the phrase, to inform somebody of your apathy, as a courtesy or to give information.
If somebody has made a comment and expects a response you might choose to inform them that they're on a topic that's not worth trying to bring up with you. Or it could be that some information they're giving you won't affect your actions or thoughts.

I also don't enjoy seeing 'could have' written, or hearing it pronounced, with the incorrect 'of'.

Last edited:
The last few posts confuse me.

t1825.gif

From your post I already had the image of you giving people a stony silence to prove your apathy rather than using the phrase at all. Which amused me. :)
I'm partial to using a derivation of the phrase that invokes the folliculated crevice located in a particular member of the rodent family's posterior region, beneath its semi-prehensile tail.

Back