Things That Really Annoy You In GT6

• Thread starter WRECKU
  • 262 comments
Canada
Saskatoon, Canada
WRECKU
For me it's the annoying tire squeal. My tire indicator is showing they are cool and yet they are screeching. It totally throws off my driving as I keep thinking the car is ready to break away.

My DS3 is set to -2 so I can really feather it around corners and if I back off I'm not competitive at all. I have a downloaded version of the game not that should make a difference.

Seriously the sound is so bad my neighbour came over the other day and asked if I had a cat that was in heat. :scared:

The bad : Miata/Roadster/MX-5 (whatever you call it :dopey:) of the 2nd generation (NB models)

I cannot understand why they didn't polished them ! That's not like if there were exactly the same or if there was only 547981 of each gen :banghead:

+ Rolling starts, as the 1st cars begin to accelerate even if you're still in this "rolling-start-cinematic"

The ghost lines of your friends list in the license tests. I only want to see My ghost, not the 50+ of my friends... very distracting. Anyone know of a way to turn them off, while keeping your own ghost?

The race suit and helmet that I select won't stay on, it always reverts to plain white. The game has no problem taking money out of my bank!

I have blank number plates with no way of putting a number on it.

Even after removing all of Kaz's music, I still cannot play mine during races! I can only use it in menus. In not sure about replays.

Matterhorn is brutal in anything that is made to go fast!

If you're gonna limit me to a PP requirement, then give me a bonus for coming in below that limit!

No mappable RA functions for wheels other than the DFGT.

If I had no internet and bought this game, I would mail it back to SONY for a full refund!!! Alas, I do have internet, so I look forward to a steady stream of patches leading up to GT being on PS4.

The ghost lines of your friends list in the license tests. I only want to see My ghost, not the 50+ of my friends... very distracting. Anyone know of a way to turn them off, while keeping your own ghost?

Just drive faster than them and you won't see them. :D ;) Honestly, I think it's a brilliant feature. Although I agree, it can be very distracting if you have a lot of really 'fast' friends.

Although the AI is better than GT5, it's still catch the rabbit style racing. If that what you want to call it.

This and the selection of your opponents in the career mode. There are no car fights at all. You just have to pass them. And because the first races are so short you have to drive rather unfair too to pass all the cars. Not a good way to teach people to race.

Just drive faster than them and you won't see them. :D ;) Honestly, I think it's a brilliant feature. Although I agree, it can be very distracting if you have a lot of really 'fast' friends.

That's just the problem: I'm the slowest of the bunch :indiff: :lol:

GT6's rubberband AI is a bit frustrating.... especially from International A onwards

The top 3-4 disappear into the distance for the first 2-3 laps. But if you clear the rest and are behind them, barring any driving mistake, it's almost guaranteed that they will slow down and let you catch up, giving you about 1 lap to overtake them all. Then you start to see all sorts of bull**** as the AI starts to push you off track, pitbull you etc.. so many races I've ended winning with a margin of 0.3xx that it starts to feel like GT6 was dumbed down to produce a fake sense of achievement.

Let me know your experiences in this area or if I'm alone in this.

Rolling Starts.

Seriously the only problem I have with the game. That's the only thing that frustrates me, especially since I try to see just how stingy I can be with credits (by running a race with a low-PP car.) Adds an inordinate difficulty to being able to catch the leaders when they're so far ahead.

(Then again, I haven't lost a race yet and don't plan to.)

GT6's rubberband AI is a bit frustrating.... especially from International A onwards

The top 3-4 disappear into the distance for the first 2-3 laps. But if you clear the rest and are behind them, barring any driving mistake, it's almost guaranteed that they will slow down and let you catch up, giving you about 1 lap to overtake them all. Then you start to see all sorts of bull**** as the AI starts to push you off track, pitbull you etc.. so many races I've ended winning with a margin of 0.3xx that it starts to feel like GT6 was dumbed down to produce a fake sense of achievement.

Let me know your experiences in this area or if I'm alone in this.
Exactly the same here. We should ask Kaz' opponents in next years N24 to behave like the GT6 AI.
GT6 went from obstacle-ai to to the john-rambo-version

Rolling Starts.

Seriously the only problem I have with the game. That's the only thing that frustrates me, especially since I try to see just how stingy I can be with credits (by running a race with a low-PP car.) Adds an inordinate difficulty to being able to catch the leaders when they're so far ahead.

(Then again, I haven't lost a race yet and don't plan to.)
Than you will miss one trophy....

The most annoying thing for me thus far has been running Willow Springs and Lemans 2013 at night. The headlights do not light the road on either track [at least not in the cars I was using] and it was impossible to see the road over most of the track. If not for the driving line there would have been no way to keep the car on the road.

When I drove Nurburgring the lights worked fine and gave a realistic lighting which is what I expected on the other tracks but ...

I hope they fix this right away.

I have not noticed any rubber banding. I have been taken out by the AI a few times and I have fallen behind as a result. I saw no evidence of the AI slowing down other than a few cases where it was just one car way out front which did back off a bit on the last lap. That to me is not rubber banding as I would very likely do the same thing, it is not to let the others catch up but to avoid making a mistake on the last lap by driving harder than you need to.

I have had a few races where the AI had a faster car than me. I was able to overtake in a corner but then the AI could overtake me on the straights. In GT5 it was easy enough to block them and hang on to the win but I have saw in GT6 the AI car [some of them anyway] may pit you if you try to block them. Has happened to me a few times so far. Pretty cool actually :)

The only thing that annoys the hell out of me with GT6 is the fact that I cant use my CSR Elite pedals seperate to my logitech DFP.

Back