Things to be removed from the GT Series...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-Unit
  • 99 comments
  • 3,870 views
Messages
114
This thread is all about the bad things that should be taken out of the GT Series. I must say that there isn't very much, and it may be nit-picking at times. IMO, the hand-brake/e-brake isn't very useful, even if it is in real life, and should be taken out. Another thing is the...ugh...complex string. It helps, but either take it out or spice it up a little bit. That and the test course. Oh, and also, the rear view (default L1). In real life, you cannot just press a button and get a view of the license plate looking back, it just doesn't happen. Post other things and comments here.
 
Cars have handbrakes, so cars in GT should have handbrakes. When you are in a car, can you not turn your head around to look behind you?

In real life, you die when you carsh. Do you want that?
 
I'm not going to add, but mearly point out problems in what you are saying.
First, the e-brake does come in handy. Be it for drifting (some people use it..i think), reving the engine or just to kick teh back end round after spinning (I've done it a few times :( ).
In complex string well, it's abit of fun. I think you should be able to start at a chosen point, but alltogether it should be kept in.
And the rear view, for those who prefer an 'out-of-car-view' it is quite essential. It is always worth knowing how close the drivers are behind you and whether you need to speed up, or take it easier.
 
daan has a bit of an attitude problem...he cannot seem to control his anger...

o yeah, and btw, if you turn your head around going 100+ mph, you will probably crash, and die.
Origonally posted by GT-Unit
isn't very useful, even if it is in real life
I never said it wasn't in real life
 
yea, out of car it is useful, but I prefer in car view. But for those who don't like it...
 
I'd like them to remove the stupid limit of 1 save per memorycard. Other then that - none.
 
Originally posted by GT-Unit
This thread is all about the bad things that should be taken out of the GT Series. I must say that there isn't very much, and it may be nit-picking at times. IMO, the hand-brake/e-brake isn't very useful, even if it is in real life, and should be taken out. Another thing is the...ugh...complex string. It helps, but either take it out or spice it up a little bit. That and the test course. Oh, and also, the rear view (default L1). In real life, you cannot just press a button and get a view of the license plate looking back, it just doesn't happen. Post other things and comments here.
The way you see it, GT should only have one camera view while driving...

You are taking this way too far.
Ironically you then want to remove the hand brake...:odd:
 
you only get one view in real life don't you? unless you can move your head around (isn't going to happen), o well

my ideas are falling faster than I can say "boo"...:banghead:

but then again, there isn't much wrong with gt3 as it is now :p
 
but then again, there isn't much wrong with gt3 as it is now

Apart from being boring, having about 2 good tracks, a lack of cars (for a GT game), no sense of speed, naff engine sounds, dated graphics, stupid AI, horrible music and crap handling. Apart from that gt3 is good...
 
Originally posted by GT-Unit
you only get one view in real life don't you? unless you can move your head around (isn't going to happen),
That was exactly my point.
It looks like you just want one view in GT because thats what you get in real life.
And that obviously wouldn't make much sense in a game.

Leave it alone (along with the hand-brake)... ;)
 
forced rev-matched upshifts. I made a thread on this earlier.
 
Just get rid of the damn test course races. That's all that I want to see be eliminated from GT.
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
I'd like them to remove the stupid limit of 1 save per memorycard. Other then that - none.

:lol: Sony would loose half of its memory card sales.

I've used the handbrake before in GT, particually if the car is an understeering piece of crap, or doing a fast turnaround & of course its funny trying to go around corners with just a handbrake to slow u down :D

And yeah a choice for mph/kph lbs/kgs hp/ps would be nice.
 
Originally posted by T5-R
:lol: Sony would loose half of its memory card sales.

Funny you mention it. I was close to buy an extra card just because of gt3. :)
 
Originally posted by GT-Unit
Post other things and comments here.
Which is what I'm doing. If you don't like negative comments, don't ask.

Originally posted by GT-Unit
daan has a bit of an attitude problem...he cannot seem to control his anger...
:D Was my post full of anger? I didn't think so.

Originally posted by GT-Unit
yea, out of car it is useful, but I prefer in car view. But for those who don't like it...
What in car view? There's a bumper cam view, and a flying behind the car view. Which one of them is in car?
 
Originally posted by code_kev
losing the hand brake...what a crap idea

I know! I had to read it twice to make sure he really was complaining about that! We need the freaking hand break!
 
Hey lets get rid of wheels too!!! I HATE wheels, lets have little comedy legs on the cars!
 
All those extra laps they put in GT3. I have 95.0% of the game complete and havent won a F1 car YET. If it werent for those 4-5 hour championship races, id go back and race them again....OH WAIT YOU CANT DO THAT IN GT3!!!! :mad:

BTW, all my other friends who have GT3 has like 30-50% game complettion and have a couple of F1 cars >(
 
Since playing GT1, I've haven't seeing any problem till GT2 came up with the introduction of the [R]Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak Edition, this car/SUV is the cheap-ass car with no car with the same class (such as the [R]Toyota Tacoma P.P.E.), everybody keeps using this racecar because it has unlimited potential in accceleration and top speed. In which even my [R]Diablo GT (courtesy of Game Shark), couldn't even keep up. :grumpy:

Until the Escudo does not have a proper match, I think the Escudo doesn't deserve to be on GT4. 👎
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
Funny you mention it. I was close to buy an extra card just because of gt3. :)

I have three Memory cards and an X-Port. :odd: I think sony suckered me. Well the 3rd memory card was free, but yes I did buy a second card just to start another save.

Curse them!
 
Exactly, they could be making 128mb or even higher capacity memory cards. Because the technology is the same stuff used in their memory sticks. But they are right tight bastiges.
 
I didn't buy another memory for another save, there's only me playing it, but just as a backup. Keep valuable data in 2 or more places.;) Good sense for computers, and especially for something as important as GT saved data.


I don't think there is anything that irritates me enough to remove. I'm more for adding things.

Oh, hold on, remove the crap AI and have more competitive races. And the spectators running on/off the track in GTP, you could remove 80% of them. The irritated me before the 1st lap was over.:)
 
But knowing sony, they would charge 100 quid for them :P

What next, ps3 with 2 joy pad ports? I wouldnt put it past them!
 
You could also remove the crap tyre wear, or at least have the computer cars have a similar pit strategy. That really got me angry in GT3 with the F1 cars, so much so that I can't finish the F1 races.

On second thought, let the tyre wear be realistic to how you're driving and the set up of you car. The Monaco race in F1 cars shouldn't have you stopping every 8-10 laps.
 
Ok guys, I didn't realize my ideas were so ridiculous. You don't have to hammer me for having a bad suggestion. I have never used the hand brake, so I find no use for it. Obviously, other people have, so it stays. And daan doesn't know about the in-car view...
Originally posted by daan
What in car view? There's a bumper cam view, and a flying behind the car view. Which one of them is in car?
Sorry for the crap ideas... :banghead:
 
Back