Things to be removed from the GT Series...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-Unit
  • 99 comments
  • 3,870 views
Originally posted by GT-Unit
And daan doesn't know about the in-car view...
Sorry, I forgot about the in car view that shows you the dashboard and windscreen. (Or even the one that shows you the bonnet)

Originally posted by GT-Unit
Sorry for the crap ideas... :banghead:
No problem.
 
Escudo. Or just add the Tacoma PPE.


who won't agree with that?
 
yeah the escudo sucks, it's only good for CHEATING on rallys and test course and super speedway...TOSS IT!!
 
take out the crap A.I. and the wiener engine sounds and call it a day.
 
Originally posted by GT-Unit
daan has a bit of an attitude problem...he cannot seem to control his anger...

Yep. First thing I thought when he turned up on my doorstep and I spent a weekend in a room with him and 12 other people racing on iLink. That guy, I thought, cannot control his anger.

Originally posted by GT-Unit
o yeah, and btw, if you turn your head around going 100+ mph, you will probably crash, and die.

Why? Does the movement of your head affect your arms in some way? I've never, ever heard anything as ridiculous as this, apart from DoZeRxXx claiming that no-one really wears a seatbelt.


I've got to say that the thread itself is a decent idea. To start with.
 
I never used the handbrake much in GT3, so I can see why some people think it should be removed. Not sure there is anything that needs to be totally removed from the game. Plenty needs updating; AI, graphics, engine sounds etc etc.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Originally posted by Famine
...Why? Does the movement of your head affect your arms in some way? I've never, ever heard anything as ridiculous as this, apart from DoZeRxXx claiming that no-one really wears a seatbelt...

My God! Do you ever stop moaning?
I've only been on this forum a couple of months, and I don't think I've ever seen one single useful/helpful post from you yet.

I think the point that you've totally missed here is that, it would be very danagerous to look fully over your shoulder, espically when your travelling at a high speed.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Look harder.

I always look over my right shoulder at "very" high speed - to check my blind spot before pulling into the next lane on the right. I've yet to wrench the wheel, crash and die whilst doing so.
 
I'm surprised to didn't tell me to use the ****ing search, like you do to most newbies on here.

Yeah sure I do the same, but the second your not looking where your going, that's when you increase the chances of having an accident. If your only glancing over your shoulder, then that's not really a problem, but you still increase those chances never the less.

Enough of that, back to the orginal question.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Yeah. If you don't check your blindspot, you shouldnt be on the road to begin with. Do you even have a license?

To put it into context, racers who are practically rubbing fenders don't rely solely on mirrors to avoid rear crashes, they have to look around because mirrors don't cover 100% of the space surrounding the car. Looking around avoids crashes, not vice versa.
 
Originally posted by code_kev
8mb...


*slaps sony*

Isn't the xbox memory card 8MB too? ;)

(And yeah I know its got a 10GB HDD :lol: )
 
haha. who buys those?

Hmm... I have a 10gb hard drive to save on, but I'm gonna go and buy a 30 dollar 8mb card that isnt supported by many xbox games. The only reason to buy one would be to bring a save over to a friends xbox, but most people who play lan end up bringing the whole xbox over so theres no point.
 
Originally posted by j8mie
I'm surprised to didn't tell me to use the ****ing search, like you do to most newbies on here.

I've not told any "newbies" - or anyone else - to "use the ****ing search" as you so delicately put it. I rarely feel the need to swear at GTP, but if it makes you feel better, do carry on. We are ratty today.

Now, as I said about the original question "I've got to say that the thread itself is a decent idea. To start with."
 
I'm sorry j8mie, but you really gotta appreciate famine's humor. And he does say some very useful comments, people like you usually complain that he is there. If you weren't complaining, then he wouldn't have to "moan" about anything.

O and good poing kinigitt. I didn't think that it would actually avoid crashes. Gotta use my brain, well what's left of it after all the cells i've fried playing gt3 ;)
 
I would also like the limit of 6 cars per track removed. As well as the assy soundtrack. Oooh and the countless menu selections you have to go through to install the simplest of things on your car. Some better organization is in order.

move cursor to tune shop. press button. bwing!

select any one of the categories (lets see, tires, engine, turbo, exhaust, suspension, brakes, drivetrain, extra... lots of stuff to go through if you want to fully kit your car.) bwing!

move cursor to select which part or stage of kit you want. press button. bwing!

would you like to purchase the part? yes. press button. bwing!

would you like to have the part installed on your car? yes. press button. bwing!

You can see how old it gets when you have a few dozen cars you want to fully outfit. Meanwhile, your friends, who just want to race ,strangely enough, are dropping like flies and suggesting we go rent NFS: underground.
 
Things-to-be-Removed-from-GT4-or-GT5-Since-GT4-Is-Probably-Completed-Bar-the-Packaging:

Car Washes
Test Course (as a racing circuit)
Daihatsu
All tuner cars
The "One save per memory card" restriction
Analog speedometers
Racing for two hours in a crappy car and awarding me same exact crappy car, except it's a different color.

...and all music except for sound effects and the engine sounds. Please, put cars and tracks in place of the music.
 
The engine sounds. The Mclaren F1 Fina sounds (almost) exactly like GT-ONE from GT2 :rolleyes:
 
Originally posted by pupik
[BRacing for two hours in a crappy car and awarding me same exact crappy car, except it's a different color.
[/B]
lmao

yeah, I see your point 👍
 
Originally posted by kinigitt
Yeah. If you don't check your blindspot, you shouldnt be on the road to begin with. Do you even have a license?

To put it into context, racers who are practically rubbing fenders don't rely solely on mirrors to avoid rear crashes, they have to look around because mirrors don't cover 100% of the space surrounding the car. Looking around avoids crashes, not vice versa.

I think you'll find that most racers don't look over their shoulders. Whether it be F1, Touring car, Nascar or GT racing, the only expection would be motorcyclists, as they don't have any wing mirrors on the bikes. Racing drivers don't need to look over their shoulders, because they know that everyone else will be on the racing line, and when someone else is trying to over take them, they'll need to be at least along side (and therefore within the drivers view) before attempting to over take. Accidents happen on tracks because the overtaking driver trys a move from too far back so the defending driver just turns in front not knowing theres anyone there.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Plus, it's kind of hard to look over your shoulder with a neck brace on...
 
Originally posted by daan
Cars have handbrakes, so cars in GT should have handbrakes. When you are in a car, can you not turn your head around to look behind you?

In real life, you die when you carsh. Do you want that?
:lol:
 
NASCAR drivers can barely move there heads at all do to mounds of safety gear. And they use spotters anyways.
 
Originally posted by 87chevy
NASCAR drivers can barely move there heads at all do to mounds of safety gear. And they use spotters anyways.

Silly question, but what is a spotter? I'm guessing it's someone in the pits talking to the driver from the pits, telling him where the other cars are.

I don't get to see much Nascar, as I live in England.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Originally posted by Famine
...I rarely feel the need to swear at GTP, but if it makes you feel better, do carry on. We are ratty today...

How would you know how I am today. Do you have a crystal ball or something? :lol:

I'll do you a deal, I'll try being nicer, if you try to be smarter ;) :lol:

Cheers

Jamie
 
Originally posted by j8mie
Silly question, but what is a spotter?
They stand/sit from a high vantage point and tell the driver to keep turning left while looking at bewbies with thier binoculars.

Actually, they warn drivers of an accident up ahead, warn them of rain in the background, or of any drivers that may be in their blind spots. They can also see if other drivers have been taking other sucessful racing lines, letting thier man know it's time to try something different.
 
Thanks for that pupik, I had a feeling it would be something along those lines.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Originally posted by j8mie
I'll do you a deal, I'll try being nicer, if you try to be smarter ;) :lol:

Oh sure, give me the hard job.
 
I was under the impression that Famine was the most helpful person here. I, obviously, stand corrected.

Famine sucks.
 
Pink sucks. Indigo is the best. Sorry, teh r0x0rs.
 
Famine, werent u awerdad some award a while ago or something just for _being_ usefull? Ohh, and Daan is doing a pretty dang good job keeping the forums nice and clean.. Reason for this (offtopic and all) post os simply, "w-t-f?" they are doing good stuff and if you ask me its the "n00bs" that need to change and not peeps like Famine and Daan.


Ohh, and to remove the rearview for a online-game? Noooo thanks. Would not like having people beeing able to blame the lack of a rearview mirror after he made me park my car in his trunk.
Also, handbrake has helped me a lot when drifting in GT3.
 
Back