Things to be removed from the GT Series...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT-Unit
  • 99 comments
  • 3,872 views
Originally posted by kinigitt
I would also like the limit of 6 cars per track removed.

See? The thread was fundamentally a good idea.

BAZZ - yep. I tend not to refer to it these days though... :D Made me almost tragically pleased at the time (well, to be fair it still does...).
 
Famine: -And it should.
 
They should remove Midfield, or in other words, they should make the rumbles as slippery as possible. Rumble strips arent supposed to help you corner better, I don't think.
 
They do, they provide more grip, but because that extra grip reduces speed on some corners they can slow you down more than you have to.
 
The stupid menu sounds.

The stupid "slipping" sounds.

All the tracks we have seen in GT1/2 AND in 3. I mean, come on.. Not again... (if they are coming back in gt4 that is)

Every race which takes longer than 25 minutes. Give me a save function and they can stay.

Multiple saves on the Mem card.


That's it. :)
 
All the tracks we have seen in GT1/2 AND in 3. I mean, come on.. Not again... (if they are coming back in gt4 that is)

If you don't want to see those tracks again, then play any NFS game, if you don't want to see the same tracks over and over again.

Sheesh. :banghead:
 
Originally posted by Egghead
The stupid menu sounds.

The stupid "slipping" sounds.

All the tracks we have seen in GT1/2 AND in 3. I mean, come on.. Not again... (if they are coming back in gt4 that is)

Every race which takes longer than 25 minutes. Give me a save function and they can stay.

Multiple saves on the Mem card.


That's it. :)

I agree apart from GT1/2/3 tracks :)

The GT skidding noises are crap & always have been, wish they'd improve them. Handling etc has been overhauled in GT : P and it is spoilt by the same crap skidding noises!

Some games have quite good menu sounds, GT2+3 have not.
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
If you don't want to see those tracks again, then play any NFS game, if you don't want to see the same tracks over and over again.

Sheesh. :banghead:

You don't understand me.

I love the tracks, i really do. But if they just "port" the tracks without any adjustments (like adjusting the corners a little bit etc) then they could get boring.

Do you really want to have another 2 hour race on Seattle? Do you really want another 40 lap endurance on Rome? I don't. Unless there is a save function. (Like i said before...)

I just don't hope they add "only" 10 new courses and the rest of it are tracks we already know.

But then again.. GT4:P drives different then GT3 so it could be a challenge to race them again.

Time will tell.
 
I think Bazz is part of the legion as well..... ;)

Also, I think that, even after 3 years, GT3 is still amongst the top racing games available. I don't find any of the tracks boring (except for the test course of course......haha, that sounds funny- test course of course), I find the car selection adequate, the handling is the best of any console racer I've played (don't quite know what Kev is talking about there), and the graphics still look pretty to this day (name me another ps2 game from 2001 that has aged as gracefully). All of this having been said, i think the most glaring problem with GT3 was the AI. Hopefully that will be improved for GT4.
 
Originally posted by GT-Unit
Another thing is the...ugh...complex string.

Complex String rules. I test every single car I tune to make sure its a all around car.
 
If I say we should remove the inability, I can turn this into a things that SHOULD be in GT4 thread like so many others!

So let's remove the inability to tune cars without entering an event of some description.

Hijack successful.
 
Originally posted by T13R
They should remove Midfield, or in other words, they should make the rumbles as slippery as possible. Rumble strips arent supposed to help you corner better, I don't think.

Rumble strips around the corners of race tracks are part of the track, they are not meant to be slippery.
They are the outer limit of the track, the usually have some angle on them which when you run to the limit help you keep maximum speed through the corners, if you car is set up you can often find that hooking the inside curbing helps to pull you round the turn and you will see this in many forms of rl racing.
They often have varying heights this is usually to prevent drivers hopping them to short cut corners.
I hope this clears this up and In fact i think Midfields curbing is spot on.
 
Originally posted by GTXLR
Rumble strips around the corners of race tracks are part of the track, they are not meant to be slippery.
They are the outer limit of the track, the usually have some angle on them which when you run to the limit help you keep maximum speed through the corners, if you car is set up you can often find that hooking the inside curbing helps to pull you round the turn and you will see this in many forms of rl racing.
They often have varying heights this is usually to prevent drivers hopping them to short cut corners.
I hope this clears this up and In fact i think Midfields curbing is spot on.
I just find it annoying that the rumbles in GT3 allow a car to corner beyond its maximum grip on normal pavement. If thats the case in real life also, they should make streets out of rumble strips, and the whole race track should be rumble strips also. That would be awesome :rolleyes:
 
They mess your tyres up a hell of a lot more than tarmac, so it would'nt be as good to over do the rumble strips.
 
Because of their very nature (having bumps on them) they subject the car's components to a lot more wear than the normal circuit. The suspension, undercarriage, tyres and chassis itself are all subjected to some serious shaking and shock.

Rumble strips in GT games can be exploited because there is no damage to be sustained, thus you can hook your wheel on the inside of a strip and it will help pull the car around the corner like a rail. This isn't how it works in real life, and there isn't more grip to be found on a rumble strip, they're not asphalt but concrete most of the time I think.
 
what should really be removed is the ASM and TCS all the AI use them, and if i turn them off and play, it will be unfair, it takes away the fun on how to control the car....i want to be able to learn how to control my car in understeer is a race, not have some stupid ASM help me
edit : also the lame smoke should be removed while doing a drift, or just doing doughnuts for fun....especially with the muscle cars, i would love to just do burnouts with them....but i hate to see the lame smoke....tiny white smoke....
 
Originally posted by Famine
Pink sucks. Indigo is the best. Sorry, teh r0x0rs.
I'll agree with you that pink sucks, but Indigo is far from being the best.

I like dark red.
 
Tyre smoke, that's something that should be done right or given the push, that's a waste of processing cycles if ever I saw one.

How is it unfair to turn off TCS and ASM yourself?
 
Originally posted by Eagle
How is it unfair to turn off TCS and ASM yourself?
well the AI will have these gay **** to make their cars not oversteer, and understeer...while if u turn it off, it will be chellenging for u to handle ur car, while its easy for the AI with the ASM, it should be like no1 should have it so it would be equal
 
They should take out the Miata as a prize for gold license. There isn't really much inccentive to even try for the B & A licences since the cars are so bleh. I just think you should get something better then a Miata.

They could also cut back on the wheel selection. Alot of the rim sets are very similar with the brand name being the only significant difference. Also the car wash is lame and taking out some of the old tracks wouldn't kill anyone. Some not all.
 
Boy, you do complain about everything, don't you?

But that's ok. Breathe and take it all off...
 
But if you win the Miata, you can drop in the money they give you start with and beat everything in the easier cups.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
But if you win the Miata, you can drop in the money they give you start with and beat everything in the easier cups.

Or, you could use the money to buy a set of T2 tires and an oil change and enter the Roadster Endurance to win an easy 100,000 credits, and a one-in-four chance of winning a 300,000 F1 car.
 
Cause I'm sure that'll be the same in GT4.
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Or, you could use the money to buy a set of T2 tires and an oil change and enter the Roadster Endurance to win an easy 100,000 credits, and a one-in-four chance of winning a 300,000 F1 car.
Sure. That works too.

It's a good incentive to win all golds.
 
daan
Which is what I'm doing. If you don't like negative comments, don't ask.


:D Was my post full of anger? I didn't think so.


What in car view? There's a bumper cam view, and a flying behind the car view. Which one of them is in car?
The in car veiw is the bumper cam.
 
Even though I haven't played GT4 yet, I think B-Spec Mode sounds pretty pointless. I like to drive the cars, not watch someone else drive it.
 
1. 'Like the Wind'

2. PT Cruiser.

3. Car wash.

4. Oil change > it's just a pain in the a$$

5. Tires that wear out after 3 laps. That's just silly.

6. 2 lap races. A manly race should be no shorter than 10 laps.
 
Remove B-Spec mode? Why? What if me or someone else felt the need to engage in a race from the team manager's point of view? To me the idea of it seems awesome...I've always wanted a feature like that.

-Metz
 
Back