Things you DON´T WANT to see in GT6.

Pretty much as other people have said:

-Tonnes of variants of cars without any real variations
->50% Japanese cars (although I do love the Japanese cars, have room for some other tech)
-Ridiculous difference in detailing of tracks
-Standard cars
-Forced cycle dealerships
-Paint chips to only be obtainable through car purchase

And to the people complaining about drifting cars, F1, Kubelwagens and so forth: This isn't a racing sim. It clearly says "The Real Driving Simulator" beneath the logo, does it not?

40 Skylines? To be honest most of them are Standard cars from GT4 so not recently added like the Premium Ferrari line up, and whilst I agree there's a lot (indeed too many in my opinion) of 'duplicates' or only slight variations of the same model, it also includes quite a few completely different cars (the classics mostly) only sharing the name Skyline.
Only 5 Premium Skylines were added (3 more if you include the TC models available as DLC), 2 of which are models called Skyline but don't share much in common with the other 3 (the 370GT and 350GT Sedan) as the R35 GT-R took over that role.

My point is that the 40 number is misleading even though factually correct.
You don't get 40 largely similar cars, 20 at most perhaps, the Skyline family has more variety in itself than what's often suggested here.
That they share the same name doesn't tell the entire story, so they basically added only 3 (or 6 including TC-models) 'regular' Skylines (as in modern 4wd techno-übercoupes) to GT5 and 11 Ferrari-models.

Now the R35 GT-R is another story, the constant exposure and emphasis on that car cheapens its appeal for me, there are quite frankly far too many versions of it, which is a shame because I really appreciate that car.

Maybe I spoke too soon. We'll see how it goes with GT6 but I'm expecting the worse and find it impossible to hope for the best

Agree but i read in a topic (about 12,13 months ago) that cars can get dirty! these photos are from that topic:

Looks like its been through a fire

Maybe I spoke too soon. We'll see how it goes with GT6 but I'm expecting the worse and find it impossible to hope for the best

It wasn't only aimed at you though, just that I keep on hearing the '40 Skylines' argument which indeed sounds as a lot but when you look more carefully at that list you notice it includes a lot of different cars as well, only sharing the same name.

If you deduct those (and ignore the number padding duplicates), it still contains plenty of Skylines but not the ridiculously large amount people think there are.
They obviously need to slim down on those duplicates and perhaps make the list mostly include one or 2 models (if the difference is significant) from each generation (excluding race/tuner versions).
If they can do that, please give us more Premium Skylines by which I mean those classic models in the Standard list.

- Open Game saves. They need to be locked like when GT5 was first released or credits and car collections will be pretty much useless.
First of all, who cares? When compared to having the option of keeping your game save from corrupting itself and being able to store it off the PS3? No contest at all.

Second of all, why does an exploit in GT5's gifting system invalidate future titles having the ability to protect your save data even if in game willy waving did matter?

- Random used car lot.

Most of the things you said I completely disagree with, but this caught my attention. Do you really think that the used car lot is random? Because it most certainly is not. Also, no one is forcing you to do B-Spec like you said.

Oh and a replay camera that always keeps one car exactly in the center of your screen, completely ignoring any other cars around you and therefore not showing what an awesome battle you just had with someone else.

You can use Yocohama semi slicks just about legally(the police will be iffy about them if they pull you over) on the roads in this country, my freind had them on his Tommi Makinen evo and they produce ridiculous amounts of grip, approaching race slicks, they do however come with a disclaimer, something to do with driving in wet conditions.

I find the comfort tires in GT don't have anywhere near enough grip to analogue road tires in real life, my Nissan runs on standard road tyres and it handles more like it really does in terms of grip levels on sports medium/sports soft in game. [...]

Yokohama Advan A048, as I already mentioned, are DOT legal. Along with the other R compound tires I listed in my previous post, they are included in the intensely track-focused competition category of DOT approved performance tires that would be comparable to the lower spectrum of the Sport category of GT tires.

In fact, in my initial post, it should have been Comfort Mediums that would be more analogous to the majority of tires on high performance vehicles. This is according to Polyphony Digital. I have edited my initial post accordingly.

It seems people equate the Sport range of tires with their real life rides simply because of how the categories have been implemented in the game. Conceivably, they then expect that certain minimum level of grip that Sport tires afford them and, subsequently, feel that any less, such as in that afforded by Comfort tires, becomes unnaturally low in grip level - even if lateral sustainable G-forces would indicate otherwise. Unfortunately, you can't get a visceral feel of lateral G-forces in a game, which may be another partial source of the disconnect in presumed grip levels.

The reality may be that they just have to drive slower, with more restraint and more finesse - i.e., they have to work harder and be more precise with their inputs to get the maximum performance out of the tires and, in turn, out of the vehicles. Just as in real life, R compound tires tend to mask any such dearth in finesse or proper driving ability.

In any case, many people seem to use exaggeratedly high grip tires in GT and tend to erroneously equate it with the real life ability of their cars (or, even worse, themselves).

-Leveling up System: PD this is one of the few times to NOT do something Forza has done. Make the license tests MANDATORY like they were in all the other GT games excluding GT5. [...]

Forza's Leveling-Up System is not implemented in the way Gran Turismo's is. Whereas Gran Turismo's Leveling-Up System acts as the gateway to unlocking further components of the game, Forza's leveling-up system does not in any way impede one's ability to purchase cars or enter any events or races.

All cars are available to purchase from the beginning and all events are open to entry from the beginning. The leveling up and accrual of XP is simply for those that like to have some kind of tracking of their personal progression as they play the game and/or for those that like to compare such stats with their friends.

Plain Car Collision and Standard Cars if they still don't have damage model (if standard cars had damage model like GTA III iam already happy)

thats all.....

I dont want paint chips.
I dont want to be able to buy a part, not install it on a car and have it waiting around in some parts area.
I dont want a menu that has been thrown together during development and then just left this way.
I dont want unrealistic smoke.
I dont want the sound of another car to overpower my own cars sound. (unless its so beasty that it should.)

I want to be able to paint up my cars with my own custom logos like you can in Forza. I believe that feature has existed since Forza 2, where it has never existed on GT at all...

5. A limited amount of RM-able cars or do following example:
The S2000 LM Race Car is standard. Make it premium but only for RM-ing. You buy a S2000 and you go to GT-Auto press RM and you perform a Rac-Mod for it in different ways.
1. S2K LM
2. Spoon S2k Race Car
3. PD plain white RM.

=> 3 premium S2K´more but only attainable through RM-ing. (Just modle the changes to be made for the Stock S2k to be RM´d instead of doing all from scratch)

===> This way you limit the base Car amount but still have the possible huge Car-Number.

I would like this, however, Who wants to buy a car 7 times to get each version of it? I suppose its better then the current system of buying all 48 different skylines.

Regardless I don't want to have any part in those type of endurance races.

In fact I never completed the 9 hour, 4 hour, or either 24 hour endurance races in GT5.

As for the thread I agree an end to every race having a rolling start it annoyed me to no end, and how did B-spec get a standing start I always found that funny lol.

Japanese cars are the best followed by german then America in a close third the rest of the world after that :P

A couple of months to buy one in real life 👍
Only real life is not a game. There is absolutely no reason to make easy things like navigating through menu's, buying a car, washing a car, changing the oil, changing into another car, etc so painfully slow.

For example: If you want to buy every car in the UCD at a given time, you should make yourself some nice coffee or something, because it's going to take a very, very long time. If you want to change the oil of all these cars, you should make yourself a sandwich because it's going to take twice as long. There is absolutely no reason for this and it ruins the game for me.

The problem is, this is completely new to the GT series. It's running on the fastest console to date, installed onto the hard drive, and yet it's 10 times slower than GT3 or GT4 that reads everything directly from the game's disc. I'll admit, the polygon count has gone up, so rendering a car onto the screen takes a while. But Jesus Christ, has the polygon count gone up for the menu's as well? In order for GT Auto to load, your ps3 has to render three things: a car, an umpa lumpa garage dude, and some fancy buttons. Why does that take 30 seconds every time?

Last edited:
I know. I've repeatedly say that I want all those things out of the game, and that GT is not car tamagotchi
I wouldn't mind them being included in GT6, they've been there since GT1. I just don't want them to be so slow and sluggish that they take up 20% of the time I'm playing a racing game.

Back