Things you DON´T WANT to see in GT6.

PureHeavyMetal
No more dumb cars like the Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Samba Bus, etc., which are infuriatingly slow without a turbo kit and have the most exaggerated turbo lag with a turbo kit. If you're gonna include them, at least allow us to perform engine swaps on them (anyone up for swapping the Samba Bus's engine out for a Subaru engine?)

EJ20T Swap anyone? 😏

I hat how GT5 has say Skylines or Supra's stop in the 700 hp range when their real life counter parts can exceed that with ease. Same with all the other cars as well. Many Subaru's, DSM, Honda's, etc are ridiculously underpowered. I also hate the physics. When drifting you try to turn the other direction and the car automatically fishes out of the turn and into the guard rail. If I'm going to crash at least make the damage seem real or plausible because it's lacking quality.

60%+ cars are Japanese. Ideally I want to see cars split 45% Japanese, 40% European, 15% American.

China, South Korea and Japan are three of the top five countries for auto's produced and combined adds up to about 5x as many cars a year than USA.

Germany, Russia and France together is close to USA and Canada's production.
Crazy but the UK is behind Iran in automotive unit's produced, as for the top-20 countries.

imo- Japanese should be over 50%, America 30-40%. Mostly Germany and Italy, with some UK cars- remaining 10-20%.

What's wrong with people?! I liked giving me racer new helmets and suits, I loved NASCAR and all of the other modes except b-spec. And most of all, I loved the used car dealership. After a race I always go back to see if there's something worth buying. Please keep the used car dealership.

Get rid of pixelated shadows, standard cars and b-spec. That's all

What's wrong with people?! I liked giving me racer new helmets and suits, I loved NASCAR and all of the other modes except b-spec. And most of all, I loved the used car dealership. After a race I always go back to see if there's something worth buying. Please keep the used car dealership.

Get rid of pixelated shadows, standard cars and b-spec. That's all

I just want the 2J and some other racecars to appear more often:sly:

I don't want to see:
- long loading times
- standard car models
- all these fantasy cars (example: X2010, fake touringcars, LM editions etc)
- rally (because it was bad when they first entered it and didn't got any better!)
- over 3 models of the same type of car (eg: 100000 RX7's or MX5's)

Does anybody else have that feeling that whenever it comes to 'rough' stuff, GT always fails you? Like a meaty engine sound, NASCAR, crashes, drifting, close racing, etc.

I feel the GT series are way too 'clean'. Maybe because PD is a Japanese studio, I don't know, but it seems like they almost have to force themselves to make it a bit more action like. It doesn't need to be all 'Need For Speed motion blur / lens flare / flying parts of other cars in your face Hollywood style', but it's the opposite of that right now. And that's not very realistic either, now is it?

Some things have changed though, like the AI system, skidmarks, sense of speed, etc. But overall the game is so much more stale than most of it's competitors (Forza, IRacing). It annoys the hell out of me.

GT5 is a great game. It's great fun, it has great realism in certain areas, the physics are quite good in my opinion. But some of PD's decisions (see this topic) are just inexplicable.

I just want GT6 to be an awesome driving and racing simulator, without all the stupid tamagotchi stuff around it. I don't even want 1000+ cars. Give me awesome, special cars. Custimizable.
I'd love to have a lot of tracks to drive on, but not if it takes development time away from making the game itself better.

Last edited:
Does anybody else have that feeling that whenever it comes to 'rough' stuff, GT always fails you? Like a meaty engine sound, NASCAR, crashes, drifting, close racing, etc.

I feel the GT series are way too 'clean'. Maybe because PD is a Japanese studio, I don't know, but it seems like they almost have to force themselves to make it a bit more action like. It doesn't need to be all 'Need For Speed motion blur / lens flare / flying parts of other cars in your face Hollywood style', but it's the opposite of that right now. And that's not very realistic either, now is it?

Some things have changed though, like the AI system, skidmarks, sense of speed, etc. But overall the game is so much more stale than most of it's competitors (Forza, IRacing). It annoys the hell out of me.

GT5 is a great game. It's great fun, it has great realism in certain areas, the physics are quite good in my opinion. But some of PD's decisions (see this topic) are just inexplicable.

👍 to this!:)

I know what I don't want to see in GT6:

Forza 3 physics. :lol: GT5 > Forza 3 & 4

Therefore, following the logic, let's avoid putting in curbs that can magically flip cars. Never in my life, have I ever seen a car ACTUALLY flip like that, since the 1960s.

Sorry for the sarcasm, BUT, we don't want to lose a race, because of some ridiculous physics flaw, in which all cars have the same body roll, be it a Lotus Elise or a Jay Leno Tank Car. In saying that, thank you, Polyphony Digital, for actually taking the time to consider body roll/chassis lean.

And then:

More realistic stuff from Forza 3: people crashing, people flipping, and people skidding their tires in ridiculous ways.

And how to recover from flipping: turn the steering wheel, while the wheels aren't even touching the ground; the car will magically flip. :scared: :dunce: :ouch: :indiff: :ill: :guilty:

Nor do we want the AI from Forza:

"OMG someone spun? There's still 66% of the track left clear? That's not enough track; let's just stay here and wait. Yeah, that works. That'll make for good close racing. Yeah, we're going to win this race!"

Last edited:
MrMelancholy15
I know what I don't want to see in GT6:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGsF_Jgv_o">YouTube Link</a>

Forza 3 physics. :lol: GT5 > Forza 3 & 4

Therefore, following the logic, let's avoid putting in curbs that can magically flip cars. Never in my life, have I ever seen a car ACTUALLY flip like that, since the 1960s.

Sorry for the sarcasm, BUT, we don't want to lose a race, because of some ridiculous physics flaw, in which all cars have the same body roll, be it a Lotus Elise or a Jay Leno Tank Car. In saying that, thank you, Polyphony Digital, for actually taking the time to consider body roll/chassis lean.

And then:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZBuSmdCeA">YouTube Link</a>

More realistic stuff from Forza 3: people crashing, people flipping, and people skidding their tires in ridiculous ways.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9Hu-VST58">YouTube Link</a>

And how to recover from flipping: turn the steering wheel, while the wheels aren't even touching the ground; the car will magically flip. :scared: :dunce: :ouch: :indiff: :ill: :guilty:

Nor do we want the AI from Forza:<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQtLAHNs3I">YouTube Link</a>

"OMG someone spun? There's still 66% of the track left clear? That's not enough track; let's just stay here and wait. Yeah, that works. That'll make for good close racing. Yeah, we're going to win this race!"

I loved watching the car dance on its back.

Not that I want to argue with the infallible logic of cherry-picking hypocritical videos from the previous Forza game and then saying that problems shown in them are things that you don't want to see in GT6, but we already have a Forza vs. GT thread. Take it there.

Ummmm, I'm saying that I don't want cars to flip under normal driving, and using Forza as the scapegoat of what I don't want; as a joke. If you want to take jokes seriously, this isn't the site for serious jokes-there isn't a site anywhere for that... No, wait, there's mySpace... That's seriously a joke.

Copying and pasting a car several times with different model years (because that somehow makes them worthy of being in the game). Do we really need every year of Skyline GT-R? We already have too many different models IMO (GT-R, Spec-V, Nur, etc.), but if you must put every single version in, please, PLEASE don't make it worse with putting each model year in. It's just a pointless thing to do to help say they have 1000 cars in the game.

- Anykind of limits on selling cars/sending cars/how much credits player can have.
- Level system, the licences are there to determine if you can participate in a race.
- B-Spec.
- Stantard models.
- Installed parts not increasing cars resale value.

I am hoping A-spec is revamped.

I wish it had more order. Having extreme, beginner, amateur, etc events feels very "old". I would suggest an A-spec with more events in general, and a more unique path through automotive history.

That's it! An A-spec mode that focuses on a timeline progression. (Maybe not fun for some...but I could dig that.)

cgg
What's wrong with Opera/Classical music, it's nice, better than R&B etc.

It's what I listened to, before my friend told me that listening to Classical music (Tchaikovsky and Chopin are geniuses) would cause horrible freeze-ups.

Back