Things you hope PD fix/add on the next update

  • Thread starter Thread starter skingg
  • 100 comments
  • 5,953 views
That's why with damage you must be able to awitch it on or off

What would be the point in having it, if you have to turn it off to even complete the races. If they make the damage realistic, these races will be very, very hard, if not impossible.
 
Nah... the thing with the one lap races is that you have to bump, not crash, your way through the pack. If you hit or scrape someone too hard, you get a penalty, and your lap is ruined. There doesn't seem like a lot of possibility for mechanical damage, just cosmetic damage.

Would be awesome to see a totally mangled F40 at the end of the challenge, paint stripped and the doors hanging off. I might get upset like I did when Nicky Cage totalled that lambo in 'The Rock' :sick:
 
They should add the VW And BMW Test tracks. That would be crazy.
 
Would be awesome to see a totally mangled F40 at the end of the challenge, paint stripped and the doors hanging off. I might get upset like I did when Nicky Cage totalled that lambo in 'The Rock' :sick:

Umm i believe the was a ferrari F355
 
Umm i believe the was a ferrari F355

Oops! My bad - been so long since I seen that movie I thought it was a countach but I really can't remember. (head like a seive - premature senility, assisted by lager)
 
STATS, we all want to see how good we are :D
 
It's minor I suppose, but how come you don't hear anything when you go into the gravel traps? I would think maybe that some of the environmental things are maybe not in Prologue.

And you should definitely have sketchy traction for a little bit until the tires come back. 👍 And speaking of sketchy traction, I think on longer races there should be accumulating marbles as rubber get thrown out. Now that would add some realism! :)
 
privet rooms and get rid of the boost BS in all pro races.
 
Again, check the GT5P 'manual' you can put on the closest to correct tires, otherwise they have to create every single factory tire for every single car. I'd rather have more cars then hundreds of different tires.

What manual are you talking about? I just downloaded the English manual from here and it had nothing like this at all. I don't have my paper copy to hand at the minute, so can't check that just now.
 
He is talking about the ingame manual, accessed from the main menu. I can't remember the page it's on, but somewhere in there is a list of the cars in GT5P along with which tyres (S1, S2, etc) are closet to the car's standard tyres.
 
What manual are you talking about? I just downloaded the English manual from here and it had nothing like this at all. I don't have my paper copy to hand at the minute, so can't check that just now.


The in-game manual has the information, English printed manual is useless.
 
He is talking about the ingame manual, accessed from the main menu. I can't remember the page it's on, but somewhere in there is a list of the cars in GT5P along with which tyres (S1, S2, etc) are closet to the car's standard tyres.

Just had a look. The tyre listing is on the Driving Options page of the ingame manual.
 
Just had a look. The tyre listing is on the Driving Options page of the ingame manual.
Ah, cheers for the replies. I'll have a read through the manual when I get a chance 👍
 
Would be awesome to see a totally mangled F40 at the end of the challenge, paint stripped and the doors hanging off. I might get upset like I did when Nicky Cage totalled that lambo in 'The Rock' :sick:

That's the type of damage I don't want to see. In real motorsports you would have long been black flaged before it got this bad. If it happens in one crash fine, but driving around in a mangled car is PGR stuff.
 
1) Nurburgring
2) Ghost mode for online races
3) Get rid of the penilty system completely for offline races
4) Bring back the Tachometer for hood view or an option for different HUD types
5) Please give us a better sound output for us that are using Optical output with 6.1 I have no bass through my subwoofer with Gran Turismo and I dont have an amplifier that will give me sound with HDMI sound output. I just have a Sony Multi Channell AV Reciever STR-DG700 with 6.1 output.

6) Less restrictions in the races
7) Slicks in all races offline
8) An option to use the GT4 main menu which I much prefer over the fancy thing thats there. (For GT5 final release)
9) Fast forward and rewind controls in GT TV
10) Video zoom function for the videos that dont fit my screen in GT TV (R1 doesnt work for me)

11) the ability to use the tuned cars in all races for example : Your required to use a certain car for some races then I would like to be able to use the tuned version of that car (GT Concept car) for that race. It would help a little because not all of us can get gold in all races.

12) Allow us to use QTS from the start. I would gladly reset all my races for this
13) Move the camera down to the hood / bonnett of the car instead of the roof of the car
 
how come you don't hear anything when you go into the gravel traps? I would think maybe that some of the environmental things are maybe not in Prologue.

And you should definitely have sketchy traction for a little bit until the tires come back.

I am 95% sure that the lower grip after going into the gravel trap/over the grass is in there, and a basic tyre model with heat.

I always find that from a cold start the first 2/3 corners I have very little grip, the same happens if I go on the grass or through the gravel trap, very little grip until the rubbish has worn off the tyres.
 
Here are some very basic tuning options that just about every other sim has. I was shocked to see that PD left these out despite the fact that it is a demo. (especially 1, 2, and 5)
TUNING
01) Adjustable Bound and Rebound for Dampers
02) Adjustable Front and Real Anti-Roll Bars / Stabilizers
03) Adjustable Tire Pressure
04) Tire Heating / Tire Wear / Damage
05) Adjustable Limited Slip Differentials (God I miss this option!!!!)
06) Pit stops / Adjustable Fuel Level for long races

Tire wear will separate the men from the boys when it comes to tuning and driving skills. Running an overly-aggressive setup or pushing too hard will ruin a set of tires well before a race can be completed. Hopefully, this would also help diminish the amount of the overly-aggressive drivers...but not likely.

DAMAGE
07) Suspension / Aerodynamic / Tire Damage (at the very least)
08) Radiator / Clutch / Engine Damage (Rammers can puncture their radiator...like in other sims. 👍)

MISC.
09) Fix Rubber-band Effect
10) Fix Penalty System
11) Fix difference in Hot-Lap TT/Arcade WR times between NTSC and PAL versions
12) Eliminate Wall Riding and similar glitches
13) Private Servers!!!
14) Longer races...3-5 lap races are a joke!!!
15) More Tune Saves...3 saves (A, B, and C) are not enough when they constantly remove and change the online events.
16) Adjustable Axis for Clutch, Accelerator, and Brake Pedals...especially the clutch!!!
17) Adjustable Field of Vision inside the cockpit...Like in Live For Speed
18) Left Hand/Right Hand Drive option for cars that are produced in both left/right hand drive.
19) Unrealistic Tire Squeal (and questionable physics)

TRACKS
20) Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course...this one would be really fun online
21) Laguna Seca (I would want to strangle a punter w/ all the sand here...:))
22) Deep Forest Raceway
23) Apricot Hill Raceway
24) Midfield Raceway

25) PD, please don't remove the online events!!! Many of us spend hours upon hours tweaking and tuning our cars for a specific car/track combo. We then spend hours upon hours practicing until we get our technique perfected...and then PD removes those events completely!!! Adding events is fine. Just don't remove them. 👍

I hate racing on S2's (as my only option) and I personally hate Eiger. It looks like I'm going to be playing Live For Speed for a week or two until the events go back to normal...hopefully. Looks like it is going to be a long week. Until the events get fixed, I can't even test my cars with the full PP settings I want. Some basic options to Free Run and tune for the PP of my choice would certainly be nice.
 
For me, if we must keep rolling starts on some events then they need changing - at the moment your car only starts accelerating as it crosses the start line; so immediately the cars in front of you are pulling out a gap - it should be changed so that as soon as 1st place gets on the gas, every other car in the grid does the same; would mean that you can still start in 16th place, but not be immediately handicapped with a 16 second deficit to make up!
 
For me, if we must keep rolling starts on some events then they need changing - at the moment your car only starts accelerating as it crosses the start line; so immediately the cars in front of you are pulling out a gap - it should be changed so that as soon as 1st place gets on the gas, every other car in the grid does the same; would mean that you can still start in 16th place, but not be immediately handicapped with a 16 second deficit to make up!

You just reminded me...

26) Qualifying
 
After spending the last couple of hours on suzuka 600pp racing a bunch of talking monkeys in their mitsubishi Noob wagons I'd think I'd like to see drivetrain specific races in the next online update. If you slam into the side of a 4wd car at 120mph very little happens and nothing that you can't correct easily. Do the same thing to F430, however, and they'll be picking bits of it out the grandstand.

I'd like to see some RWD only events, because right now, for the average punter, choosing 4wd is like wearing body armour and a crash helmet to a boxing match :grumpy:

*edit* I should point out that I saw quite a few GTP and GT5net tags on the track today driving 4WD's and all of them, to a man, were courteous and fair racers - the events were full of idiots too though, and their 4wd rides let them get away with murder.
 
You just reminded me...

26) Qualifying

👍

💡

How about using your best Test Run lap as a qualifying lap? It would keep the good drivers in front and the punters in back, and the annoying PP gridding would be gone. What do you think of this?

And if this has been introduced before on this thread, please tell me. If not, I finally had a good idea!
 
@ PlusP357
You realise this just Prologue? If i recall it right GT4 P only had the option to chose between three types of tires, that was very basic .
About the events changing I agree there should be more variety, but they need to remove some because if they don't there'd be a few 100s already with nobody to play with...
PD are testing the online right now and sure they'll provide more balanced events in the future 👍
ps: problem for PD is to make it to the likes of everyone... you don't like the S2 tires, i just love them! (together with the ability to tune)
So if it was how i like, from now on all events should be on S or even N tires... R only for racecars like the F1! :)
 
@ PlusP357
You realise this just Prologue? If i recall it right GT4 P only had the option to chose between three types of tires, that was very basic .

Did you read the first sentence of my post? I stated that I was shocked PD left out some very basic tuning options...despite the fact that it is a demo. The reason I stated this is that, with exception to tire pressure, all the other tuning options were utilized to some extent in GT4. That is a pretty good indication that GT5 will get these options in the final release. When GT5 does release, the additional tuning options will throw a HUGE monkey wrench into our existing setups. Many cars will have to be tuned from scratch again when the basic tuning options should have already been included with Prologue.

About the events changing I agree there should be more variety, but they need to remove some because if they don't there'd be a few 100s already with nobody to play with...
PD are testing the online right now and sure they'll provide more balanced events in the future 👍

Look at all the guys complaining about the removal of Daytona Road. If an event is so unpopular that hardly anyone joins, then by all means, PD should replace it. You can't tell me that Daytona Road was not popular because I entered many highly populated servers even at odd hours of the night or day.

On the flip side, there are times when the more popular events (PP600 Suz) are completely empty and I have to go looking for another event. Considering the impressive number of people who purchased Prologue, I am shocked to find any server empty at any time of the day.

I like the tire restriction races a lot. I am just upset that they did not leave one single event that we could race with the tires of our choice. It can take days and hundreds of laps to get a tune perfected for a particular combo. I know it is only temporary, but I like to tune and test thoroughly before hopping online. Once I get a good combo down, it won't be long before the events are changed again...and that is annoying.

ps: problem for PD is to make it to the likes of everyone... you don't like the S2 tires, i just love them! (together with the ability to tune)
So if it was how i like, from now on all events should be on S or even N tires... R only for racecars like the F1! :)

The title of the thread is: Things you hope PD fix/add on the next update

I submitted my list of things I hope gets fixed and/or added in the next update. PD can't please everyone and I am not complaining about every little thing. If I did not like GT5, I would not be checking these forums or racing online. I just wanted to put in my .02 cents.
 
700 and 750 races don't have tire restrictions, so you have a choice.
I get your point though and would love to see more tracks, but all the additions you suggest might be a little bit too much methinks.
Honestly it was a stupid idea from PD not to let us make rooms ourselves ... Choose track, performance/tires, number of players/ laps, hit the search button and go! that's so easy to do and everyone could play where he/she wants.
 
you're right, you're never going to please everyone. Personally I'd like to have every course (including variants/reverse) available to race in all PP classes; as London might be a good laugh hairing it round in a C6R :)

The tire restrictions are both a blessing and a curse IMO; some cars still handle fine in the PP600 races, wheras others that felt nice and planted with R1's on now feel like you're driving on ice.

But for the next update? well, Nordschleife, Porsche 911 roadcar, Porsche 911 GT Tuned, Ferrari F430 tuned and Audi R8 tuned please 👍
 
I have to admit, i only dislike the 'rubber-band' when i'm in the lead (and when does that ever happen ? )

Tbh, the rubberbanding in the current setup makes total sense to me, only when/if the private rooms come is it redundant, but currently it's what keeps me from retiring from the race when punted out for the second time, it's knowing you'll be faster then anyone when left behind.

Ofcourse it's not 'realism' but applying full throttle on the grass/sand to only start wheelspin once you rolled onto the tarmac isn't realistic either.

I think it is helping to create tighter racing in racefields infected by people thinking we are all AI cars.
The only thing i can't stands is that i cannot lower my f430's front.

It was quite funny getting 'shortcut penalty' when i folded my car around the barrier between pit-lane and start-finish Suzuka, where was the advantage of that ;)
 
My list of things I hope are reasonable requests for Prologue.

1. Private Racing: I would really like to see a system where you can opt to be the host, create your server (complete with what track you want, how many laps, PP restrictions, and an *optional* password). Players could then see this server in a simple sortable list in the UI and join up if a race isn't already underway. Everyone lands in "free roam" mode with others on the track (good for lag testing etc) until the host decides to kick off the race, at which point nobody else can join. Once the race is over back into free roam mode until the host kicks the next round off.

2. I could really go for another track, although private racing would at least open up more options for what we play online. I would sacrifice a limb to get the ring, but can understand if Polyphony wants to hold onto it until GT5. (although I doubt it would impact sales, might even be good revenue at $2 or $5 DLC) Regardless, some of the fake tracks would probably be much more affordable to ramp up to PS3 quality, Grand Valley or Trial Mountain would really round Prologue out IMO.

That's probably not content for *next* update but hopefully an update soon. Of less importance to me:

3. Damage: Mmmm accountability.

4. Slight Penalty Detection Improvements

5. Report Malicious Drivers: Tough though, not even sure how this should work...
 
I'd like to see semi-automatic gear for people who use controllers..... It seems like the people with wheel and stick have a slight advantage over the people who use controller (I might be wrong), when it comes to gearing..... I feel that I could gain some extra, if I had the option to use semi-auto gears.... I know that I can set full-auto gear on my controller, but it has an awkward feeling to it, just using this option.... Being able to gear further down in tight corners could help a lot, which the full-auto doesn't allow me to...

Please don't tell me that I can do it, I'd kick myself to find out that the option is already there, just because I didn't pay enough attention
 
When GT5 does release, the additional tuning options will throw a HUGE monkey wrench into our existing setups. Many cars will have to be tuned from scratch again when the basic tuning options should have already been included with Prologue.

This is why I'm not really getting into it that much, other than blasting around the Superspeedway in the arcade and driving the events for fun again. I figure the final game is going to have a totally different feel and way more tuning options as well. I just can't believe that Prologue is a true representation of the final game as far as driving physics and overall playability. Like 90% maybe? I sure hope it's not because the game really doesn't feel much different than GT4 as far as driving the cars. It LOOKS amazing, but.... :)
 
I'd also like to see them make tracks dirtier looking. More tire tracks on the pavement, skid marks and streaks on the red and white rumble strips, stuff like that. That would make the courses that much grittier and realistic. Of course I doubt they'd do this in the next update, but it would be great to see it in the full game.

Also, this was brought up by GT_Legends in another thread: the tire-skidding sounds are terrible, high-pitched, screechy sounds that really need to be fixed.
 
Back