Things YOU miss from previous gt's

  • Thread starter Thread starter bullet360
  • 75 comments
  • 6,165 views
Messages
318
One of the MAJOR things I miss from any previous GT incarnation is the replay functionality from gt3... They were jaw dropping from almost every camera angle...
 
I kinda miss the B-spec fast forward and B-spec mode on arcade mode.
Also I miss changing the wheels on all cars. Its annoying not being able to change the wheels on standard cars, especially when the stock alloys are quite ugly :yuck:
 
I miss the B-Spec fast forward but more so the ability to combine A and B Spec in the longer races. Was great to be able to take over the wheel, and if this was combined with the Bobs you could end up with a proper endurance race team.

I also (as mentioned above) miss the flexibility of the replay controls.

Tyre wear was also more complex and realistic in GT4 (it doesn't seem to be very logical in GT5)

Also miss being able to upgrade brakes.

Other than that, little things perhaps some people miss, like the lap record tables in time trial, now you can't even delete particular times, only *all* of them, and it still only lists 10 top times when there are over 1000 cars in the game. Things like this are really the easiest things to fix or get right :dunce:
 
From GT4:

The map layout for GT Mode. I thought arranging the dealerships and events by country was fantastic.

The Rally mode: although not 'true' rallying like they've got in GT5, the set tracks were much better than anything the course generator can throw up in this game. Costa di Amalfi and the Cathedral Rocks tracks were great.

The Tuner Village: A nice way of getting some bespoke tuning parts from different companies. If they had expanded on that, and gave different benefits for choosing different companies, it would've been a much more interesting tool than currently (plus it'd be another way of differentiating between two players cars...)

Wheel changes for all cars: This is all that I'd want really in terms of 'improvements' to the standard cars. We could change their wheels/rims in previous games, so why only Premiums now?

Old-style B-Spec: I have literally no interest in B-Spec as it is now, not for the prize cars or anything. It's totally boring and a waste of time imo. When I sit down behind my DFGT to play GT5 I don't think 'hmm, I'd rather watch a crap version of me scrape a win in an overlong race!'. The old B-Spec, where Bob was basically your driving partner in the team, being especially useful for endurance events where you desperately needed a break, was much better.
 
danardif1
From GT4:

The old B-Spec, where Bob was basically your driving partner in the team, being especially useful for endurance events where you desperately needed a break, was much better.

Spot on... I did and lasted in the 24 hr races as long as i could... And some races were actually pretty close...
 
Variation of tire wear depending on the compound you chose.

Qualifying before races.
 
I miss the overall layout of GT4 but the neatest thing is the dealership races and the three used car lots. I think it would have been great to have four used car dealerships. 1 for older cars one for 90' etc one for newish cars 2000's etc and on for all race cars :) that how I would have made the dealerships personally
 
I miss the "clear" or "don't clear" when doing a championship so you can win cars over and over to make a little extra money... sigh..
 
-> I miss HP restictions [GT2], (turbo) boost control [GT1] and reward for getting pole position [GT1]. :indiff:
 
Gymkhana mode/tracks were cool in GT4 and the ability to choose from a wide variety of rims for every car
 
Things i miss from older GT games:

- Fast fowarding in replays
- How there was a "New Cars" section and "Old Cars" section in dealerships
- The real one-make races
- B-Spec fast-foward
- Qualifying
- Prize cars that are actually good
- Seattle Circuit
- Changeable wheels for all cars
- Tuner Village
- A good soundtrack
 
So much that I can't even write...
 
-Reacquiring prize cars and being able to sell them as well as any other (expensive) car.

-Qualifying.

-Manufacture races.

-Licenses required for gaining entry into races/championships higher up.
 
- Red Rock Valley Speedway,
250px-Map-rrv.png


-The top speed test,

- A Super licence with tests that are Super hard to achieve all in gold and a great reward car.
 
AFTER MARKET WHEEL CHOICE!!!

By far the biggest issue with GT5 (IMHO). I loved how you could select existing racing wheels from the in-game race cars (Such as the mazda speed wheels on the 787b that you could put on cars) which would appear on the wheels classified section. That was awesome.

For example, the R31 GTSR is an awesome looking car, but looks like crap with standard wheels. Below is a picture of mine from GT4 with Nismo LM wheels.

gt4q.jpg


Others are:
-Not being able to change wheels on standard cars (this really sucks!!!)
-Fast forward in replays (lack of this sucks BIG time for photomode).

All other points are valid, but the above are the only things that really matter IMHO.
 
Tracks! For the love of god we need more tracks!
 
-licenses ment something
-difficult AI
-Prize everytime you win

....i think im going back to GT4
 
The Test Track in GT3. Can anyone think of the name cause I can't?
 
The Test Track in GT3. Can anyone think of the name cause I can't?

Test Course?

- Red Rock Valley Speedway,
250px-Map-rrv.png


-The top speed test,

- A Super licence with tests that are Super hard to achieve all in gold and a great reward car.

In which GT series that have this circuit?
 
That makes me even more sadder than ever...Polyphony left out too much good tracks...
 
I miss the simplicity of GT1. Nuff said. ;)
 
I miss a decent car selection, good soundtrack, race modifications (yes i know they are in but there is not enough of them) GRINDELWALD and other tracks, good rim selections and plenty of other stuff. With all that missing, I wonder what is the next step for the GT franchise..
 
I remember being able to race mod the Ford Taurus and getting Mark Martins old NACSCAR!!
 
GT1 = Ability to see the weight, Horse Power and tyres of the AI cars (if memory serves). Ability to qualify for all races.
GT2 = BHP Limits. A proper GT-Mode. Ability to practice for all races.
GT3 = A proper GT-Mode. Ability to practice for all races.
GT4 = A proper GT-Mode and A-Spec Points.
 
Red Rock raceway
Grindelwald
Rome night
GT2 hot lap best sector times
B spec FF
Better car adjustment
and other stuff............
 
From GT2 Shelby Daytona race car. From GT3 how easy the rally races were. From GT4 the layout and how many races were available. From all in general; tracks, grinding events that can make you rich quickly...
 
Back