Things YOU miss from previous gt's

  • Thread starter Thread starter bullet360
  • 75 comments
  • 6,165 views
I miss the thought that the best/most expensive Logitech steering wheel can give you a great driving experiense in GT.How wrong I was!(not the buttons)
 
So much that I can't even write...

+1 & I agree with most peoples choices here too.

I miss NOS, that was a cool little feature, would've been good to do some online Fast & Furious style races where setting up the NOS would be important to winning. Yet another missed opportunity from PD, why the hell do they remove features between games, stupid-stupid-stupid!


PD = :dunce:
 
The ability to save part of a way through a championship race series. Unless I'm really dumb and haven't figured it out, i think this ability is gone. I backed out of a race once and it didn't have any indication of the fact that i was once in the series so i just assumed the feature was gone.
 
The kick*** soundtrack GT3 had, from Priest to Kravitz, it didn't get any better. Oh, and not to mention all the cool F1 cars GT3 had. I also miss Midfield Raceway and Pikes Peak! It was fun racing my old Mini Cooper rally car against that Peugeot 306 WRC car downhill. Good times.

And whatever happened to that Nissan R30 Silhouette Formula race car? Was a dream to drive and could wipe the floor with any LeMans car. Man so much is missing in GT5, but I still think there's alot more in store for us all!
 
I miss gran turismo 2 ionic cars such as Renault Espace F1,Suzuki Cultus Pikes peak version,Lotus Elise Gt1 and many more...
I also miss SSR11, red rock valley, Complex string,GT3´s Rome and GT2´s Rome night...

You know, all the good stuff.... :(
 
GT1 = Ability to see the weight, Horse Power and tyres of the AI cars (if memory serves). Ability to qualify for all races.
GT2 = BHP Limits. A proper GT-Mode. Ability to practice for all races.
GT3 = A proper GT-Mode. Ability to practice for all races.
GT4 = A proper GT-Mode and A-Spec Points.

This + RMing all cars, FFW/RW replays, B-Spec for enduros, quick menus, saving setups, repeatable prize cars, money for all c'ship postitions, saving and leaving c'ships, manufacturer-based events, tire wear in more of A-Spec, tires with differing wear rates and AI that doesn't stop when you pull alongside them. Probably a few more I forgot :D.

That said, there's rather a few things I'm sure I'd miss from GT5 if I went back to the old ones.

FORGOT: That insane feeling that there was no possible way you were going to be able to keep control of the wheel while driving down the chicane-less straight at Le Mans in a Group C car. That's all I miss from the old FFB however.
 
Last edited:
Las Vegas Drag Strip & Test Course

Seriously,WTF??? WHY IN THE WORLD THESE TRACKS ARE NOT IN GT5???!!
 
Stage 4 Turbos! I miss being able to make any car's powerband just like the Escudo's!
 
I'm going to say I miss the Custom Turbo as well on some cars from GT4, the drag track (i know i know), photo locations of 4, rim selections for all cars, and also the tuning ability to have setup a and setup b (probably miss this almost as much as the turbo's).
 
-Qualifying
Make me work for my place on the grid, let me go out, make tweaks to the settings..
-Licenses having meaning
You don't need em any more, they used to have a purpose, you want to move up to that class? WORK for it, now you just grind to get your level up.
-Multiple and different prize cars
Keep me coming back, reward me with different cars and different colours
 
Well they did make gtp, gtpsp and gt5 within 3 years so thats an accomplishment... But i would rather focus everything on gt6 now... No side projects...
 
What do I miss?

SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 11!!!
 
Too many things to list, that have been said already, that will never be fixed.
And because of that:
- I miss having a GT game I really enjoyed.
 
-Qualifying
Make me work for my place on the grid, let me go out, make tweaks to the settings..
-Licenses having meaning
You don't need em any more, they used to have a purpose, you want to move up to that class? WORK for it, now you just grind to get your level up.
-Multiple and different prize cars
Keep me coming back, reward me with different cars and different colours

Too many things to list, that have been said already, that will never be fixed.
And because of that:
- I miss having a GT game I really enjoyed.

This.

I mean really - who cares about 1000 cars? I've played GT1 and REALLY enjoyed japan cars (I learn about them!I learn them!).
Tracks - I really miss fantasy tracks.Why?First of all because they were AWESOME, second is (most boring) fact that all today racing games have SAME TRACKS (and cars)...That's really boring.Really.
 
Epic intros like this:
 
I miss the drive through penalties from GT4 too, what we have now with cars ghosting & slowing down is just stupid for a driving sim.



:(
 
i only knew GT4, but there's other stuff mentioned here that i never knew and now i'm pining for. you could really go back and forth from A to B spec? something i always wanted without knowing it had already existed! how could polyphony not realize how great that would be?

the only car missing from GT4 is the Auto Union streamliner, but add the Shelby Daytona, Renault Espace F1, Lotus Elise GT1 others have mentioned here, and you see quite a few good cars have been given up for the 300 "new" ones, almost all of them completely uselesscopy/pastes. only the 4 new vintage cars are of any interest imo.

we've gained paint, but lost changing wheels on standard cars. and since there were 3 used car dealerships that renewed more quickly, and you could rewin prize cars, you could generally end up with the color you wanted anyway. you know what's ironic? they won't let me paint my chevelle! so now i've got a turd beige SS with lame stock wheels, when in GT4 i had a hot red one with cool mags.

it was also good to be able to at least SEE all the cars in the dealerships, even the ones that weren't for sale.

for circuits, you have to give up some old to get some new. seoul, new york, motegi, who cares? but i do miss el capitan, seattle and apricot hill. most regrettable of all, the GT4 'ring was much cooler than the new one.

someone mentioned manufacturer's events: most were less interesting than the seasonal events we have now but SOME of them were very cool. like the subaru 360 race, which presented two interesting challenges: a) win with just an oil change then b) soup up your pretty blue prize 360 whole hog (with blue wheels!) and try to lap the field in 3 laps. i still have that replay!

and that reminds me of the NOS: without it you can no longer turn fiat 500's and such imps into the same giant killers. on big displacement engines the nitrous never lasted long but in those tiny engines you could turn it to 100% and it would still last all race.

and remember that the NOS was the one tune that didn't cost you a-spec points, which leads to my last comparison between 4 and 5: now the licences are meaningless, you get access to levels with A-spec points. and those A-spec points you can grind out almost as meaninglessly. the GT4 A-spec points were a much better indication of skill... paradoxically THEY didn't get you anything! the only motivation for them was that 2000 point hoax... for the paint shop!
 
NOS! In all seriousness though I miss the Dealership races. I really liked the race of the red R in the Nissan dealer on GT4.
 
The S-events from GT5P...
The driving missions from GT4...
 
All I want is to be able to save my set-ups... like in every other GT.
 
Tracks, lots of stuff to do and Family Cups.
 
Motegi, Midfield, etc

The sheer amount of events and licenses from GT4! Not to mention the coffee breaks!
 
All I want is to be able to save my set-ups... like in every other GT.
yes, A, B and C setups...

The amount of events... :grumpy:
to be fair i think the seasonal events were supposed to give us that, a lot of them were car specific, but PD have apparently lost their way there, they seem to have no idea what they want SE to be so they've ended up being nothing at all.
 
That's what I think too but the seasonal events are no substitute for proper races with qualifying.
 
Never played GT4 but I know there's an epic track there, Citta d'aria or something like that. Seen it on YouTube and it looks awesome. The Amalfi track looks pretty nice too.
 
The crazy hks? Drag cars from gt2.
Cursing along in my escudo (definitely going to win this) WHAM a blur goes flying past. WTF!!
Also I liked the high speed ring from gt2, too. Also Tahiti circuit(s)!
 
Honestly, I just want a full HD remake top to bottom of Gran Turismo 1. Nothing cut out, nothing added in. It would be perfect.
 
Back