Things YOU miss from previous gt's

  • Thread starter Thread starter bullet360
  • 75 comments
  • 6,165 views
I want a GT2 remake then. With GT5 physics.
 
I missed the old B-Spec they used in GT4. Not needing to tell my driver to push faster made my day.
 
tracks, cars, ability to change rims, fast forward replays and b-spec, smooth frame rates, oh and a polished quality product that's fun to play..
 
Oh man you guys just made me realize how much was actually left out. Before GT5, the last one I played was GT3. I played a GT4 a few times at a friends house but never owned it. Looking back, the things I miss the most are the test courses, the random car from winning races(I think it was usually between 4), rims for all cars, endurance races that were much more rewarding, and the way B-Spec was handled in GT4 was definitely way better.

I know there are probably more, but it's hard for me to remember since I haven't played for so long. Even with its downfalls though, GT5 is still amazing and I love it!
 
I remember when GT was all about racing events for US... not for BOB... and god, we need more A-Spec Events!!! :crazy:

Also, I remember we could RM all cars... I miss it a lot... :guilty:

Rally events, I also miss them :(... I don't consider the rally special event in GT5 a true Rally Event :grumpy:... I can't see the WRC license anywere...:dunce:

Finally, the hability to change rims on all cars... I miss it a lot, too... :nervous:
 
There are plenty of things I miss.
The things that spring to mind right now are the 'dealership events' from several previous GTs and the RM Mitubisi GTO packing 900+ Bhp from '2 I believe!
 
Being able to train Bob's speed skills by shoving him onto a time trial and doing something else. Fast forward B spec, having a 2nd driver to do 20/24 hours of Le mans for you. Rewinning cars, The race cars being priced reasonably. What were PD thinking when they made a USED Viper GTS-R Team Oreca 2,000,000 cr. In GT4 the Team Oreca was 1,000,000 :grumpy: Also, Daimler motor Carriage, Toyota Motor Triatholon thing with 2 drivers
 
A lot:

  • Some of my favourite tracks (Midfield,Test Course,El Capitan)
  • Pod Race :)
  • The massive amount of races
  • GT5 Prologue Menus (compared to GT5, these were brilliant and simple)
  • Some of the missing cars (Ford GT40 road car,missing concept cars from GT Concept,etc)
  • Better AI/more competition
  • Fun (after GT4,realism became more important than fun)
  • etc...
It's a shame that GT5 doesn't have these things,and to be honest,the quest for realism has taken over, ever since the beginning of the development of GT5 (Vision Gran Turismo). It's as if the GT Series is losing it soul,losing what made Gran Turismo a great and amazing game.
 
as INFERNO SAID

It's a shame that GT5 doesn't have these things,and to be honest,the quest for realism has taken over, ever since the beginning of the development of GT5 (Vision Gran Turismo). It's as if the GT Series is losing it soul,losing what made Gran Turismo a great and amazing game.[/QUOTE]

I agree mate i remember when gt1 and gt2 came out i was glued to the tele even when i had completed the game i still wanted to race and race more against the ai , but now on gt5 i have done a-spec and b-spec and i just have no intention of re-doing the races it completly bores me to death i dont find it fun at all , ( i only load this game now to play online )...
 
Nitrous, lol jk what would cause an uprising.

I really would like the four cycling prize cars for winning endurance races, both A and B-Spec
 
Nitrous, lol jk what would cause an uprising.

I really would like the four cycling prize cars for winning endurance races, both A and B-Spec

dont really see why they didnt bring it over to gt5 as an optional upgrade, all it would need is nos to be dissalowed from certain events and make it an option for an online host to disallow it.

when I was REEEEAAALLLY bored in gt4 i would take cars - chuck nos on, make last gear really long on one of my fav high hp cars, hit the test track and see what silly top speeds they would do... didnt mean you had to use it though.

*edit*

just wanted to say my point is that I dont see why in gt5 we should have lost ANYTHING...
 
Last edited:
I remember when GT was all about racing events for US... not for BOB... and god, we need more A-Spec Events!!! :crazy:
claro hombre! b-spec in GT4 was just a cheat to get cars and ducats you couldn't or didn't want to take the time to win yourself. now it's taken on a life of its own and for what? for what?

i wanted that '49 käfer bad enough to enter some beginner ones but soon gave up. with PSN down i went back and won 'em with the X2010... even bob couldn't screw that drive up!
 
A lot of tracks from previous versions.
Licences with a purpose and decent rewards.
Ability to see all cars in game in the dealership.
Random car prize (The one where there was four dark cars rotating in a circle)
The ability to select all cars in arcade mode, without having made them favourites.
Also the general map layouts in both gt mode and arcade mode, from GT4.
And i miss GT games where there was no BSpec.
And i miss being able to sell cars which i do not want for money!!!
 
Back