Thinking of moving on from GT6, will I like this game?

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by belzebutt, Nov 13, 2015.

1. twitcher

twitcher

:lol: I spent the better part of 5 years drifting in Gran Turismo, I know all about homemade hand brakes :p. I just don't have room in my place for a rig, and I'm not thrilled by the idea of getting a wheel but not having a perminent setup for it.

2. Carlitos_GT

Carlitos_GT

It makes a huge difference, give it a go. Less filtering = wheel responding more directly to your inputs, at least in controller mode 2 and with advanced settings off. A higher filtering setting seems to delay steering response slightly, too. So it does make a huge difference in feel. A lot more than speed sensitivity, I'd say. My speed sensitivity setting is lower than yours, just 65 actually, it's more than enough. I never drive anything faster than a GT3, though.

I've tried your filtering setting (60) and it's fine, it still allows for quick corrections. Not a fan of soft steering dampening, though.

Have you set a time in the Bentley-Monza challenge? Man do I struggle with that car and the forced setup, I lose the back end so easily under acceleration... To use throttle the way you use it (to tighten corner exits without touching the steering) requires lots of skill!

3. Carlitos_GT

Carlitos_GT

Dealing with oversteer with a controller is not just an issue, it's THE ISSUE. The temptation for serious controller users is always to dull steering as much as possible and gain better control of car placement on the track, but the challenge is to actually do it without turning the car into a bus (which is what I used to do at first, now I'm forcing myself to drive all cars with a looser setup, because understeery = slow haha!)