This 650hp Oldsmobile Race Car is Coming to Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 6, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Well ain't this a surprise. Not only that, it's an Oldsmobile too! :tup:

3. Chad200

Chad200

Cool, but.... I would think most people would like to have an up-to-date IndyCar, as opposed to this.

I'll just keep dreaming...........

nyrmetros likes this.
  4. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

You've made 16 posts here, all of them about wanting more IndyCar content... :odd: How do you actually know what most people want?

--

I, for one, welcome the diversity that was featured in the IMSA GTO/GTU class in the 80s and 90s.

5. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Well, there's one other dude who begs for more Indycar content within FM7, maybe that's what he's referring to?

6. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I would love this Olds to make it to FM7. I'm sure it will slot into the GT Racing Reborn class, my favorite class in the game. So many fun and yet vastly different cars. AWD, RWD, front-, mid-, and rear-engined, I4, I5, I6, F6, V6, V8, V12, F12 and a rotary, screaming turbos and roaring V8s. If you can't find a car to love in this class, I question if you actually like cars.

TheHun99, Dave A, Dsavage27 and 2 others like this.
  7. Morbid65

Morbid65

I'd rather see the Aurora GTS car for an Olds, but this is pretty cool.

Dsavage27 likes this.
  8. Bogie 19th

Bogie 19th

I would take this Olds over an Indy car any day.

9. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

I’m cool with no Indy car content, or open wheel of any sort. IMSA Weather Tech or WEC cars would be to my liking.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    TheHun99, byoung and Dsavage27 like this.
  10. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

As I've said before, it's hands down my favorite division because of said diversity.

11. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

What class is this car from anyway?

12. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

IIRC it's a Trans-Am car, same class as the Cougar, XR4Ti and Z31 300ZX already in the game.

AlienDeathRay, byoung and Dsavage27 like this.
  13. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Well what the heck, I was all hyped up looking like this yet another cool classic IMSA car would come as this months spotlight but no freaking release date yet :irked:. Would have rather been surprised honestly since with T10s timing with everything with this game we may not get this until Christmas.

Side note, I cant wait for this car either way. I. Just hoping and praying T10 will get the engine note right. PLEASE T10 give this a deeper v8 engine note compared to the cougar/merkur.

14. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

Okay then. Didn't know Forza 7 already had some Trans-Ams in it. To me it kind of looked like a stock car.

15. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

The Mercury and this Oldsmobile look like more extreme versions of NASCAR cars from the same era.

I for one will be making some Daytona USA replica liveries to enjoy for myself.

16. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I love the old Group 5 cars. The Skyline (obviously) and Mazda being my favorite.

OneSlowZZ likes this.
  17. Chad200

Chad200

Thanks for doing the background check. How do I know? I asked....

18. Morbid65

Morbid65

...You never asked me.

:(

19. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

Pretty sure what "most" people truly want is Toyota to come back (amongst other things that also seemingly include vaporware supercars du jour) and not NASCAR inspired open wheeled russian roulette, but what do I know.

AlterGrumpfel and AlienDeathRay like this.
  20. The Chosen One

The Chosen One

But wouldn’t the opposite be true? Indycars were a thing long before NASCAR.

21. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

You never asked me.

22. TheHun99

TheHun99

I would be utterly bad driving this but it's a race car and a rather mad one at that, it's a win-win in my book!!

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  23. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

*restrictor plate racing inspired russian roulette is where I was going with this. When they're going to places like Vegas or Michigan and they're doing 200+mph 3 wide within inches of each others trying to make it look like Daytona or Talladega without fenders... it's a recipe for disaster, as Dan Wheldon sadly proved to us some years ago.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  24. Chad200

Chad200

Careful, I'm not sure you know where you're going with this. IndyCar is arguably the most promising racing series going right now. There are no restrictor plates, so not sure where you got that. There is no pack racing, or even large ovals anymore outside of Indy. The discipline required is arguably the toughest out there as well. Road courses, street circuits, short ovals, Indy, etc.

Perhaps you should do a little more research and fact checking about the past, present, and future of open wheel racing before you blabber on about any more nonsense.

nyrmetros likes this.
  25. urmie

urmie

Awesome! I'm glad to see manufacturers in the game who have 2 cars or less get some love. These manufacturers should have at least 5 cars each.

26. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Great minds think alike. .. Where is the 2019 IndyCar ? Or a 2001 Reynard Honda Champcar ... . .

And I love all racing... F1, IndyCar, ALMS IMSA, Tra s-Am, IROC, WRC, BTCC, DTM, SCCA, Aussie V8 Supercars, WEC..... All exciting and interesting . ..

But all those series are well represented except for IndyCar in FM7. ..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Chad200 likes this.
  27. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Very true statement ..

28. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

We had them for a few years. ... Would be a nice addition to FM7....

29. AlienDeathRay

AlienDeathRay

Promises, promises. So we get a Drift Pack of Mustangs instead. I guess this what we get next month ???

30. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Nobody knows when