This July, the Super FR Saloon Championship becomes the TRIPLE-S CHAMPIONSHIP

  • Thread starter Thread starter designate-19L
  • 214 comments
  • 12,411 views

At 520PP, which tyre compound regulation would you prefer?

  • Sports Soft

    Votes: 31 62.0%
  • Sports Medium

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Sports Hard

    Votes: 11 22.0%

  • Total voters
    50
Cant make tonight, but I can possibly make friday(hosting)

Cool, no worries. There's every chance I'll be doing the same tomorrow - will keep up the updates...
 
That was a good laugh, all very evenly matched over a lap but with there own strengths and weakness's.
 
Great fun, an interesting evening. The M3 CSL wasn't as dominant as I thought it'd be, although all the BMWs were strong. Without aerodynamic mods, all the cars still need careful tuning.

I'm going to put together the first championship series soon. I want to find out when the best time for everyone to play would be. Minimum of 8 entrants. 6 rounds to begin with.
 
With any car it comes down to driver errors and stuff. I got disconnected as well. I was 4th and catching! Oh well. I think the M3 CSL is strong and it can win races. I can get round laguna seca in about 1:30.2.
 
I found out the hard way that my Lexus was too damn heavy (1608kg) and my driving was shoddy to say the least! I will blame it all on the fact it has an 8 speed gearbox even with the transmission upgrade. Other than that everyone was fairly evenly matched, the Mustangs were pretty hard to keep up with as was Bob's M5.

Will be looking forward to the next race, as for timing 8pm on weekdays and depending on other things around the same time maybe later on Friday/Saturday.
 
Yeah i don't think that ticks what im looking for.
 
Any news on whether there will be another race tonight? Oh yeah, when you mentioned putting a little league together will it be points based with longer events or will it be kept like yesterday with 6~10 laps per track?
 
More racing, same time tonight, 8pm. I'll be running SATC at about 7pm.

The championship will involve points, and prize car for the winner. Races will be 30-45 minutes long.

Be aware that I'm going to try out medium tyres also, so be sure to but some for your chosen rides. This is in response to the poll.
 
I was faster in my 2003 M3 [none CSL] than i was in the Cobra Mustang, The cobra eats front tyres and i need to try and get it to turn in faster. I enjoyed all the races except the High Speed ring, I find the track boring and the fastest straight line car will win easily.
 
I was faster in my 2003 M3 [none CSL] than i was in the Cobra Mustang, The cobra eats front tyres and i need to try and get it to turn in faster. I enjoyed all the races except the High Speed ring, I find the track boring and the fastest straight line car will win easily.

I liked the high speed ring in my Lexus, it can take those banked corners (especially the last) at pretty high speed.

I'll try and make it for the SATC but I might not be able to, otherwise I'll cya at 8. Oh yeah, on the topic of SATC you ever thought of doing a similar thing to this for FF hatchbacks? Could be pretty fun.
 
Last edited:
My skyline's a monster on the straights but less than brilliant through the corners, I hope everyone liked my 'drift show' at laguna seca ;).
 
My skyline's a monster on the straights but less than brilliant through the corners, I hope everyone liked my 'drift show' at laguna seca ;).

I liked the pitstop that let me get ahead, otherwise I would have lost :( if I could drive a little better I bet a matchup between my Lexus and the Skyline could be pretty close.

Maybe closer now, I did some weight reductions and reduced the bhp from 480 to 410 and it's just as fast with a bit more acceleration.

edit: You must have really ragged those tyres, they lasted about 4 laps!
 
on the topic of SATC you ever thought of doing a similar thing to this for FF hatchbacks? Could be pretty fun.

Of course. While not a lot of people are into FF, I quite like it. Not just hatchbacks though, but any FF saloon. I find 450PP, SS tyres work very well. I might run a lounge with those regs at some point as well...
 
I'm interested too , psn hainuinimic. Just hope i can join, i have problems with NAT 3
 
I liked the pitstop that let me get ahead, otherwise I would have lost :( if I could drive a little better I bet a matchup between my Lexus and the Skyline could be pretty close.

Maybe closer now, I did some weight reductions and reduced the bhp from 480 to 410 and it's just as fast with a bit more acceleration.

edit: You must have really ragged those tyres, they lasted about 4 laps!

Drifted the hairpin every lap :) it was a way to 'warm' the tyres I suppose.
 
I'm interested too , psn hainuinimic. Just hope i can join, i have problems with NAT 3

Salut! Hope you can make it tonight. We'll see what the connection is like - I keep mics disabled, I'm guessing this improves the connection...
 
POLL!

What day(s) of the week would you be able to take part in championship series races (6 events)? If a weekday, it would likely be 19.00 or 20.00 UK time. Sunday, it could be any time of day/evening. Would you prefer a weekly race, or two races per week?​
 
Tues - Thurs: 7pm onwards
Friday - 8pm onwards (usually out on Fridays though)
Saturday - 12pm -6pm
Sunday - All day
 
I'll join later tonight , i have problems with NAT 3 , not letting me connect to some people at all , and i can't use Specify Room Number. I'll add u later and see if it works

weekdays from 8 pm - best
saturday not allways
sunday -i have another race , but after 9-10 pm ill be awailable
 
Last edited:
From next week it'll be,
Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm -11pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 1am
Saturday: All Day
Sunday: Midday - 11pm
 
Okay...I'm thinking probably Tuesdays and Fridays at 20.00, for three weeks, beginning Tuesday 19th April. This okay?
 
Okay...I'm thinking probably Tuesdays and Fridays at 20.00, for three weeks, beginning Tuesday 19th April. This okay?

Thats good with me.
 
All very exiting :).

Callumfromleeds / mullac2k9 / Nissan Skyline Sedan 350gt (capri blau)
 
xkubunt / xkubunt / BMW 135i Coupe (alpinweiß)

It's not as good as my Lexus though, some how by adding some extra parts it now understeers like a dog and after trying every single tuning combination I could think of I gave up.
 
Last edited:
learningcurves/zwyatt/ car tbd.

As for the poll, week days are best for me.

I'll not be able to make the 29/4 race due to a weekend getaway I have planned.
 
Last edited:
Can i use BMW 2002 Turbo '73?
 
Back