This looks better than GT Sport, but I don't want it to be, is it?

• Thread starter SeerreuS
  • 160 comments
There's no need to overlook anything. I stated that I would mostly get wrecked at the race start by the AI. Hit restart, it counts as another race start. Incredibly easy to rack up 38 starts when the race duration is a matter of seconds.
I spent most of my couple of hours just driving a single car on track due to this.
And yes, to me the graphics are poor. I couldn't believe the backwards step from the original which I thought looked incredible, though not as incredible as GT Sport.
I'm not overreacting, I find the game unplayable against AI in it's present state.
On a positive note, there is enjoyment to be had piloting a single car on track, but that is not why I bought the Game.
Also SMS have a good record of patch releases and engagement with the community so there is some hope that many of the issues may get sorted out. Ian Bell has mentioned that there will be a big graphics upgrade on PS4 and Pro so Ill wait and see. Because it is taking so long for that patch to drop I'm thinking there may be a lot of bug fixes included, my fingers are crossed for a super patch that will address many issues.
I'll jump back in shortly and have another go at PCars 2, I haven't done so since just after release so I may find more to like about it after having a lot of time away from it.
I just love GT Sport and am having an absolute blast with it so I'll have to put it aside and give PCars 2 another go.
The graphics patch already dropped the next patch is a minor bump in AA regarding graphics so dont be expecting too much.

Old thread but I'll throw in my .02.

I don't own PCars 2, but I bought GT Sport since I'm a long-time Gran Turismo fan, and I have to say I'm very disappointed. There's just so little content. Physics and graphics wise IMO it's as good or better than any other GT offering, but it's not Gran Turismo.

Again I've never played Pcars but GT Sport lowered the bar so much that I think most legitimate racing titles are probably better. I'll probably buy Pcars 2 whenever the complete edition comes out (I guess September, November).

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, just not as good as previous titles. I plan to keep playing it, but if I could do it over again I'd definitely buy something else. Probably best that I bought GT Sport though so that it could break my GT habit. IMO they've been phoning it in since GT6.

I don't own PCars 2, but I bought GT Sport since I'm a long-time Gran Turismo fan, and I have to say I'm very disappointed. There's just so little content. Physics and graphics wise IMO it's as good or better than any other GT offering, but it's not Gran Turismo.

Again I've never played Pcars but GT Sport lowered the bar so much that I think most legitimate racing titles are probably better. I'll probably buy Pcars 2 whenever the complete edition comes out (I guess September, November).

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, just not as good as previous titles. I plan to keep playing it, but if I could do it over again I'd definitely buy something else. Probably best that I bought GT Sport though so that it could break my GT habit. IMO they've been phoning it in since GT6.

If you want to hold out until the complete edition of PC2, you may have a long wait - I would guess 12 months or so as the as the 1st DLC pack was only released recently. If you want to hold out for such an edition, why not buy the Complete Edition / Game of the Year Edition of the first game - I played that for about a year before PC2 was released and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it a quantum leap up from GT6 in every respect and as a result massively more immersive. I use a wheel, but if you use a hand controller you may struggle to find a good setting on the first game.

The first game has the advantage of better audio and bigger grids (unfortunately the sounds are good, but they messed up the levels in PC2).

If you want to hold out until the complete edition of PC2, you may have a long wait - I would guess 12 months or so as the as the 1st DLC pack was only released recently. If you want to hold out for such an edition, why not buy the Complete Edition / Game of the Year Edition of the first game - I played that for about a year before PC2 was released and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it a quantum leap up from GT6 in every respect and as a result massively more immersive. I use a wheel, but if you use a hand controller you may struggle to find a good setting on the first game.

The first game has the advantage of better audio and bigger grids (unfortunately the sounds are good, but they messed up the levels in PC2).
I'd second this as well. To add, you'll probably spit out whatever you're drinking when you first see 45 cars on the grid in PC1. PC2 has max. 32 car grids, due to new features.

Giving it a go now.
Have to say while it has a bit more understeer than the mid engine GT3 cars, it's comparable with the likes of the Merc and Bentley

I didn't find anything that would indicate it's modelled incorrectly.

I'd second this as well. To add, you'll probably spit out whatever you're drinking when you first see 45 cars on the grid in PC1. PC2 has max. 32 car grids, due to new features.

Definitely a good recommendation, especially since a copy of PC1 is pretty inexpensive these days. But I'm a real cheapskate :embarrassed: and I'd like to stretch out GT Sport a little longer... if I picked up PC1 or 2 right now I fear I'd stop playing GT Sport altogether :lol: :P.

It's not too tough for me to wait since I don't get to bust out the wheel and play that often. Also looking forward to driving 720S and a few other group 1/GT1 cars in PC2.

Definitely a good recommendation, especially since a copy of PC1 is pretty inexpensive these days. But I'm a real cheapskate :embarrassed: and I'd like to stretch out GT Sport a little longer... if I picked up PC1 or 2 right now I fear I'd stop playing GT Sport altogether :lol: :P.

It's not too tough for me to wait since I don't get to bust out the wheel and play that often. Also looking forward to driving 720S and a few other group 1/GT1 cars in PC2.
I'm still stalling on GTS. Don't have a PS4 yet(I'm on XBONE). I'll get it "soon" though. :sly:

I play on the ps4. Using the logitlog g29.
I absolutely love the online aspect of GT Sport. It's the best of all the racing titles I own.
Saying that I absolutely love the offline career mode of F1 2017 and Project Cars 2 as well! I also own Assetto Corsa but I mainly use it for hotlapping, testing and tuning. It has the best *feel* by far for me.. PC 2 is close but not quite. Gt sport is meh. But just the online aspect is so good.. It trumps everything else..

I loved GT5 but now I play in VR so GTS is not something I would even consider.

I think the advantage GTS has is it has a lot of players so you can easily find a race. But the quality of the physics seems a notch below the PC2 and AC.

As a single player game, I find that enjoy the PC2 format more. I also love that they added the invitational and manufacturers event to mix it up.

Back