This time I envy 360-owners

• Thread starter Palleraa
  • 137 comments
GTP_RaaDK
Was just surfing the autoblog forum and found this video. It probably don't belong in the GT5P category, but still it makes me wonder what GT5 versus Forza 3 will look like. And maybe Forza 3 will even be out before GT5. I just really really hope that GT5 can live up to all our expectations. I know alot of us claims that a PD game should take all the times it takes to make it perfect. I'm just worried that the car-manufactures don't appreciate this when deciding who to give exclusive rights. If I was a car-manufacturer I think I would be in seriously doubt on who to put my money on. Anyway, here is the video that made me wonder.

/PalleRaa

Cars seem to float across the track in a very strange way. The physics don't seem right to look at, but I do like the track surface.

Skidmarks - we so need them in GT5.
PD need to pull their finger out and get the game out - it's a joke how long its taking.

This film is from the Drift forum.. or it WAS in the drift forum... Its a movie compilation made by some forum members using Forza 2 I believe?? To showcase their drifting skill. But GT5 WILL be better... it always has been and always will be :) otherwise Im going to chuck my PS3 out the window and go reak havoc at PD HQ 👍

The cars do seem to float across the track, but the video is awesome.
I'm 90% sure that I will be picking up a 360 just for Forza 3.

It will keep me busy until GT5.

Yeah Forza 2 with some seriously good editing! Love Forza 2 the physics are fantastic, though a little unforgiving at times. graphicly it's poor in comparison to GT5p but it is a classic race game. What is a little worrying is some of the "race pro" or "pro racer" vids doing the rounds, either it's very early code or they just plain droped the ball with it! I'll not wander massivly off topic so go have a look for yourselves.

Man i need an 360! but there are no vidz and pics from forza 3 too or not? i only want an 360 for forza but they don´t support logitech wheels,that sucks...

Great driving skillz!

If RacePro will support proper Logitech wheels, I'll buy X-box and G25. I haven't sell my soul to any console-manufacturer, only to good racing-games.

Only reason why I dont drive I-racing or R-factor is that I have Mac, and I dont have money enough to spend it only for good PC because those games.

What more I have seen and heard about those PC-sims, I'm figuring to start eating only pasta, and save that bloody 1500€ for good machine... I'm also littlebit started to hate PD. I cant realize why they cant give us even something new?! ...they could give updates for those later, if there is some graphical improvements what will come.

PD is going to loose many Hardcore-fans because their stupid 'too perfect'-strategy.

If RacePro will support proper Logitech wheels, I'll buy X-box and G25. I haven't sell my soul to any console-manufacturer, only to good racing-games.

Only reason why I dont drive I-racing or R-factor is that I have Mac, and I dont have money enough to spend it only for good PC because those games.

What more I have seen and heard about those PC-sims, I'm figuring to start eating only pasta, and save that bloody 1500€ for good machine... I'm also littlebit started to hate PD. I cant realize why they cant give us even something new?! ...they could give updates for those later, if there is some graphical improvements what will come.

PD is going to loose many Hardcore-fans because their stupid 'too perfect'-strategy.

I agree 👍 im looking for an xbox360 at the moment because there is no racingsim on the ps3 in future and wait till 2099 for gt5 sucks...

GT5 will be the best racing game ever im sure! but there will be no end for waiting...

I would buy an Xbox too, to burn up time... BUT the Xbox does not support Logitech wheels and the Xbox wheel looks like it came out of the Fischer-Price catalog for baby toys... So ummm NO... no Xbox for me, EVEN if Race Pro or Forza 3 are THE BOMB and become games of the year... if microsoft doesnt decide to support other wheels I'm not buying one...

I would buy an Xbox too, to burn up time... BUT the Xbox does not support Logitech wheels and the Xbox wheel looks like it came out of the Fischer-Price catalog for baby toys... So ummm NO... no Xbox for me, EVEN if Race Pro or Forza 3 are THE BOMB and become games of the year... if microsoft doesnt decide to support other wheels I'm not buying one...

Yep.

That would be 'stupidity of the year', if they dont support DFP and G25 etc etc... so good chance to MS, to hijack thousands and thousands drivers from GT-fanbase.

I remember the discusions prior to Forza 2's launch over on the Forza forum about wheen suport, in particular the G25......the devs over there gave a "were looking into it" speech but it never happened, At the time the 360 wheel was released around the same time and MS were using Forza 2 as a sales engine for there wheel......but even now theres no sighn of it ever happening, and theres LOTS of calls for it from the 360 community.

I remember the discusions prior to Forza 2's launch over on the Forza forum about wheen suport, in particular the G25......the devs over there gave a "were looking into it" speech but it never happened, At the time the 360 wheel was released around the same time and MS were using Forza 2 as a sales engine for there wheel......but even now theres no sighn of it ever happening, and theres LOTS of calls for it from the 360 community.

I can imagine.. I always see that thing in the store and laugh... what a piece of junk.. :lol:

I can imagine.. I always see that thing in the store and laugh... what a piece of junk.. :lol:

I always when I see that crappy-wheel, wonder what have they think about when designing it?!

They obviously dont have any idea, what kind of types of human, racing-fanatics are very often. That wheel is for 8-year old kids, I think.

Would be hilarious to see myself driving with it... 34year old, 192cm, beardy, harsh-looking car-mechanic... my hands are so big, that gladly no-one would see that fagwheel.

I (for my sins) bought one of those wheels........I'd had a few non FFB wheels before but I was really impressed with it, especialy on PGR3 and forza 2.....recently I got a FFB wheel for the PS3 and GT5p.......how my eyes were opened! One of the funniest things was the Mk1 version had a product recall after a number of them caught fire......I'll leave the jokes to the rest of you, as a 360 owner my 360 may RROD for the 4th time if I say anymore LOL

It is a great video even if does show a bit of the weird side of FM2's physics.

However, something like this can be created with GT5. All it'll take is just what it took BlackJack to do. A lot of practice, a bunch of good drifters, and a long time in the editing room. It should be "easily" capable in GT5 thanks to online now.

That looks strange even for Forza. The cars look like they are going way too fricken fast. And that handbrake parking looked hokey. I can't do that in my 86.

I always when I see that crappy-wheel, wonder what have they think about when designing it?!

They obviously dont have any idea, what kind of types of human, racing-fanatics are very often. That wheel is for 8-year old kids, I think.

Would be hilarious to see myself driving with it... 34year old, 192cm, beardy, harsh-looking car-mechanic... my hands are so big, that gladly no-one would see that fagwheel.

:lol: that WOULD be a funny site... I see the G25 is way better suited for you then :)

I (for my sins) bought one of those wheels........I'd had a few non FFB wheels before but I was really impressed with it, especialy on PGR3 and forza 2.....recently I got a FFB wheel for the PS3 and GT5p.......how my eyes were opened! One of the funniest things was the Mk1 version had a product recall after a number of them caught fire......I'll leave the jokes to the rest of you, as a 360 owner my 360 may RROD for the 4th time if I say anymore LOL

Its all good to have an Xbox... nothing against it, its just some of the extra hardware and no support for other wheels puts me off... I dont want to be forced to use something I dont want too... if you know what I mean. :) but once they do, I would consider one for sure of course...

I have 3 games for the 360, Forza 2, Rainbow 6 vegas and mass effect. Got it to game with some friends who are PS3less Before I got my PS3 I had a fairly hefty amount of software on it but it usualy gathers dust throughout the week now.

Microsoft is going to support a very good wheel. Possibly better than the g25, the pedals will definitely be better if you decide on the clubsport pedals.
Here's a link to the wheels specs.
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/1541

Heres a link to the pics.
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=411&lang=en

The 911 turbo s wheel is the one being made for the 360. It will work with the 360, ps3, and pc. The metal pedals are the clubsport pedals. The rumor is they are also going to make a high end shifter later on. There are even different packages depending on how much you are willing to spend. If you already own a g25, or ms wheel, and don't want to spend that much, you can buy just the wheel and use your existing pedals.

Poor wheel support will no longer be a reason not to own a 360. The g25 will be a thing of the past. I will be selling mine whenever this wheel arrives. The only downfall is that it will not be out until april or later, depending on when you have ordered it.

Console wars!!! Is there anything worse. Who cares what system you have or don't have. It boils down to this. All of us here share one common trait, the passion to race each other. Simple. If ya like Forza play Forza, If ya like GT play GT, if ya like them both, play both.
Hats off to the people who made the video. You know those people are passionate about racing games, why else spend all that time in editing? Be happy that we have a community that loves to race, talks about racing, and makes cool video's of there races.
WE ARE ALL SAD that PD is taking so long. but race, race, race my friends until that glorious day arrives.

Console wars!!! Is there anything worse. Who cares what system you have or don't have. It boils down to this. All of us here share one common trait, the passion to race each other. Simple. If ya like Forza play Forza, If ya like GT play GT, if ya like them both, play both.
Hats off to the people who made the video. You know those people are passionate about racing games, why else spend all that time in editing? Be happy that we have a community that loves to race, talks about racing, and makes cool video's of there races.
WE ARE ALL SAD that PD is taking so long. but race, race, race my friends until that glorious day arrives.

Oh trust me... Im racing to my hearts content... :) 👍

Microsoft is going to support a very good wheel. Possibly better than the g25, the pedals will definitely be better if you decide on the clubsport pedals.
Here's a link to the wheels specs.
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/1541

Heres a link to the pics.
http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=411&lang=en

The 911 turbo s wheel is the one being made for the 360. It will work with the 360, ps3, and pc. The metal pedals are the clubsport pedals. The rumor is they are also going to make a high end shifter later on. There are even different packages depending on how much you are willing to spend. If you already own a g25, or ms wheel, and don't want to spend that much, you can buy just the wheel and use your existing pedals.

Poor wheel support will no longer be a reason not to own a 360. The g25 will be a thing of the past. I will be selling mine whenever this wheel arrives. The only downfall is that it will not be out until april or later, depending on when you have ordered it.

Ive heard of this wheel... that 911 wheel... looks very nice, didnt know it was for the Xbox, thought it was for all consoles and PC, but not fully supported yet. I did hear or read somewhere that the gearshift and the pedals were a little weak but the wheel itself is awesome... Hmmm... lets see how Forza 3 turns out.... Xboxes are cheap right now anyway.. :lol: as I said before.. if they go an support a good wheel.. then I'd consider one...

-edit: That Renntech Cockpit is INSANE by the way... very cool!

Last edited:
The video was made by BLJK sidefx, he is a dev for forza and made the video with all the drifters in the drifting forum.

But you not missing anything on forza, the racing is not as intense as GT5, Forza is more about the tuning rather than the driver which kind of ruins it a bit.

The grass is not greener on the other side. Forza physics are arcade at best. The weight transfer is a joke, thus the cars sliding around. I sold my 360 with forza 2, for Ps3 and a beta of GT5. Not even the full version of the game, which i see as much better than the full forza 2.

Exactly, I have a close friend that hates the ps3. He recently traded his psp for a broken ps3. All it needed was a new hdd. I talked him into doing it to play socom with me. Since he got it, all he does it put it down, and complain about it. He is such a 360 fanboy that when he got a ps3 for a psp, he still complains.
People who say forza sucks, are just being difficult. It is a very good console racing game. Much better then anything the ps3 has offered so far. So why not go out and take part in each consoles best offerings(if you can offered it) and enjoy every racing game out there. Once the new wheel comes out for the 360, there will be no reason to miss out on forza, and race pro. Forza 3 is going to be one of the greatest racing games ever made. I can't see Gran turismo matching it. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt them after how long gt5 is taking.

im glad there taking there time, im sick of having to buy the same game every year like CoD, Forza 3 is a long way away and there are rumors that they are making PGR 5 aswell.

Back