This time I envy 360-owners

• Thread starter Palleraa
  • 137 comments
I highly disagree with you there, but I respect others opinion, and rather not start a "Console war"

Nice to see rational thought still lives matey, yes it is only my opinion from my experience and personal preferances. And as such I'd expect people to disagree. In lesser forums comments like mine would find me waking with a horses head in my bed LOL

Nice to see rational thought still lives matey, yes it is only my opinion from my experience and personal preferances. And as such I'd expect people to disagree. In lesser forums comments like mine would find me waking with a horses head in my bed LOL

Those are the fanboys :lol:

Very, very impressive vid indeed.👍 Sure represent a threat to my driving skill. Now just imagine GT4 size content @ GT5 Prologue quality level. Take the same talent for drift and editing and wonder what kind of “showcase” they could come up with.:dunce:

Very, very impressive vid indeed.👍 Sure represent a threat to my driving skill. Now just imagine GT4 size content @ GT5 Prologue quality level. Take the same talent for drift and editing and wonder what kind of “showcase” they could come up with.:dunce:

Don't give PD ideas well be looking at a 2010 release LOL

I'm one that has all three consoles, so I have been a fan GT and FM since their inception. I get what I need from both of them, and see no reason for it to change in the future.

I get the great online play and options buffet that is FM2 online, skid marks, great throaty engine and exhaust( recorded on a Dynometer under load) sound, good tire sound ( also recorded in a parking lot with a rented Crown Vic) but not all that realistic. Also the realistic tire smoke, and I like the physics when racing they feel right, of course the great customization and car auctions. Its a racing game fans dream come true.

No with GT I get the sophisticated feel of the menus, artistic backdrops for the cars, epic music playing the background, an over all grown up mature feel. The best graphics ever. The best replays ever( lord knows FM2's replays were horrible), great physics, a cockpit view, and some great tracks. The sounds are much better than GT4, but tire still sound the same. So far our tuning and customization is very limited, but still fun, thanks to a basic online set up.

Just my 2 cents.:)

If RacePro will support proper Logitech wheels, I'll buy X-box and G25. I haven't sell my soul to any console-manufacturer, only to good racing-games.

Only reason why I dont drive I-racing or R-factor is that I have Mac, and I dont have money enough to spend it only for good PC because those games.

What more I have seen and heard about those PC-sims, I'm figuring to start eating only pasta, and save that bloody 1500€ for good machine... I'm also littlebit started to hate PD. I cant realize why they cant give us even something new?! ...they could give updates for those later, if there is some graphical improvements what will come.

PD is going to loose many Hardcore-fans because their stupid 'too perfect'-strategy.

I feel exactly like you!

Waiting for the next iMac update to get a Windoze compatible Mac, with (finally) a good graphics card, so that I can play PC racing sims.

Yes! the "too-perfect" strategy is maddening! Perfect graphics, perfect cockpits could wait for GT5, we need some TRACKS to race on while we're waiting! But that's just not the way PD operates!

I would suggest you try Ferrari Challenge: great track selection, great FFB, & great online options (although some lag issues), make up (more-or-less) for the arcadey graphics.

The truth is there is no game out there that gives the complete experience, but the new Fanatec wheel may push the 360/Forza/RacePro option in that direction... until GT5 finally appears.

Actually, watching that video now, Forza's drifting looks rather similar to that of R/C Drift cars. No wonder the game feels kinda right but not quite -- the cars behave as if they were 1/24 their size.

It's still superior to GT4, but I wouldn't worry about it competing with GT5. Based on the old update I played of GT5:P, I could already tell PD is on the right track.

I feel exactly like you!

Waiting for the next iMac update to get a Windoze compatible Mac, with (finally) a good graphics card, so that I can play PC racing sims.

You shouldn't have any trouble running any PC sims on your Mac. I play Live For Speed through Bootcamp on my iMac and it runs absolutely fine. If you don't want to boot Windows onto your Mac, you should have a look at Wine (I'd post a link, but posting through an iPod is bitch).

I feel exactly like you!

Im a mac guy too, and would love to play games on my mac. I'm am thinking about blowing some money for a windows pc just for gaming. Is apple coming out with an actual mac that will have the graphics card to play top notch games on? If so, I'll wait on that before I spend money on a "pc".

The things PD need to take from Forza are..

The engine noises.

The visual customisation.

Tire marks.

Lambo. :sly:

Porsche. :sly:

Robin

The things PD need to take from Forza are..

The engine noises.

The visual customisation.

Tire marks.

Lambo. :sly:

Porsche. :sly:

Robin

Agreed, but have to add Exhaust noises, and bevy of online options, including the auction house. The AH was great for finding great tunes, and ideas for paint.

Just to set the background - I've owned a PS1, PS2 and PSP so have been fairly Sony orientated for some time. I've played through the entire GT series and have loved every single minute of it. When the 360 was released alot of my mates opted to go for it purely for the on-line stuff, so I followed suit and brougt a 360. I owned my Xbox 360 and Forza 2 from release date, and played it continuosly pretty much right up until I traded the Xbox360 for a PS3 about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Forza 2 for me was a very good quality racing sim. Graphically it probably sits somewhere between GT3/4 and GT5:P but it is definatly closer to GT3/4. Others have touched on the slighty cartoon graphics which is indeed a factor, the cars just seem to have that black line around the outline of them that seperates them from everything else which is certainly not something GT5:P suffers from. There here is no doubt in my mind that GT5:P and the forthcoming GT5 have/will have suppased Forza 2 in terms of graphics with some to spare.

General Gameplay - In terms of gameplay Forza 2 does play very well and anyone that has played the game for sometime has to acknowledge that fact. The single player setup is good with a large range of races while the AI is reasonable enough to provide a challange if set to the higher settings. Also within the single player setup you have the ability to heavily customise/tune and paint your cars which is an excellent touch. The painting facility in Forza 2 is stunning and does add another layer to the game if that's the sort of thing you enjoy messing around with. Even if you don't (like me) I still found myself trying to add some half decent paint jobs to some of my better cars and then realised I had been at it for nearly 3 hours - it's that immersive.

Single Player Setup - I've found GT5:P to be easily the equal of Forza 2 and have enjoyed racing through the single player campaign. The AI in GT5:P is superior (still not brilliant, but superior) to that in Forza 2 and you do tend to get better single player races. The structure of the races in GT5:P is good as well and lends itself to many enjoyable hours racing round the track trying to gain all the golds in all the races. As far as tuning/modding goes in GTP:5, I have to say I have been left slightly disappointed. Forza 2 really excels in this department and comparing the 2 leaves GT5:P way down the list. Having said that others have commented on tuning being a bigger part of Forza 2 than actually driving the car and this is absolutly true. Having a vastly superior tune and simply being able to keep the car on the track usualy means the difference between 6th/7th and 1st/2nd - at times it's just not funny how much of a difference it really does make. So in actual fact whilst the limited options GT5:P presents have left me disappointed, it's almost been refreshing to have a minimal amount of settings to mess with to make everything a little closer.

Multiplayer - It's the multiplayer aspect of GT5:P that really lets the game down in my opinion. Virtually to the point where I can't see the point in playing GT5:P online. With Forza 2, the on-line racing felt no different to the single player races, with the exception of the odd bit of lag and the general incompetence of some peoples driving. You had to negotiate each turn as you would do in single player but then you had to make additional effort to avoid trading paint with other players/cars - it really did play well and was always enjoyable. With GT5:P, the on-line racing somehow feels totally different to the single player - I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but you just don't get the same sense of racing as you do from the single player. The time penalties are annoying, the ghost cars are frustrating and every corner just feels like it's a case of who can get through the turn quickest no matter who or what you hit.

Conclusion - All in all having played through both games in some depth there are pro's and cons to both. You do have to take into consideration that GT5:P is effectivly a demo of what's to come albeit a big demo. But there are things that GT5 has to improve on to be able to properly say it's a better racing sim that forza 2. Damage is the main and obvious factor for the vast majority of people and the on-line play needs tweaking in general. Perhaps the introduction of damage itself will make the on-line play more enjoyable.

At the end of the day, am I disappointed having traded my 360 and Forza 2 for a PS3 and GT5:P - no im not. Im enjoying GT5:P as much as I did Forza 2 but miss aspects of it. Having said that, I could'nt go back to Forza 2 because for me even with the odd few bits missing GT5:P is still a superior racer.

You shouldn't have any trouble running any PC sims on your Mac. I play Live For Speed through Bootcamp on my iMac and it runs absolutely fine. If you don't want to boot Windows onto your Mac, you should have a look at Wine (I'd post a link, but posting through an iPod is bitch).

Im a mac guy too, and would love to play games on my mac. I'm am thinking about blowing some money for a windows pc just for gaming. Is apple coming out with an actual mac that will have the graphics card to play top notch games on? If so, I'll wait on that before I spend money on a "pc".

Slightly off topic:
The two latest iterations of iMac works great with windows sims.
I have tried the M3 demo, rFactor, Race 07 with great success.
On fairly high settings.

The latest iMAcs are available with a 512MB Nividia 8800 GS graphics card, which while it isn't state of the art is respectable compared to previous iMac offerings. Presumably, the new iMacs, when they appear, will provide another graphics card option...

GTR Mav, you raise some good points, I personaly have to disagree with a small number of them the main one being
With GT5:P, the on-line racing somehow feels totally different to the single player - I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but you just don't get the same sense of racing as you do from the single player.................... every corner just feels like it's a case of who can get through the turn quickest no matter who or what you hit.

After 3 races in a row last night on F2 watching the race from the wall of the first bend gently smoking I have to say GT5p online is far supirior in terms of close racing. You really have to play the "expert" sections though. On F2 if I get shotguned off by a general idiot of noob (theres still a lot of them on there) thats it your going to be trailing behind for the rest of the race. equally if your up against a guy whos simply "downloaded" the car settings from one of the top racers on the scoreboards. your not going to catch him unless your an ubber driver or a very good tuner or he's a really bad driver!
When it comes to GT5p online you allways seem to be battleing someone in the feild, even if you get the wrong car for the track you won't be half a mile behind after the first lap and the same can be said if you have an off or get punted off, you have a chance of getting back in the race.

Theres points of both games that are good.Since GTP5 has come out I havent played forza.Online is heaps better with forza, really online is better end of story on 360 compared to PS3.I hope PS3 home will bring it up to the same standard.

Theres points of both games that are good.Since GTP5 has come out I havent played forza.Online is heaps better with forza, really online is better end of story on 360 compared to PS3.I hope PS3 home will bring it up to the same standard.

You and me both. I can only hope that GT5 will have half the online options that FM2 had. Something else I'm worried about is the majority of PS3 players I've met online in the games that support voice chat, don't even have or use a mic. Sony needs to bundle it in the PS3 package. You just can't play a team based game like RB6, or even a racing game with out one and expect things to work out.

I have Forza 2 and he Physics are a bit off. Theres no real control in the way the car slides. But I still love the game. I hope they fix the physics in Forza 3.

I have Forza 2 and he Physics are a bit off. Theres no real control in the way the car slides.

What cars are you using? I've got an M3 in Forza 2 and it drifts, powerslides and can even be kept under control like a dream. It feels awesome to play.

GT5 will be awesome, no doubt about it, but there are things they still need to fix that have been in Forza 2 for ages;

-Decent sound (Listen to the exhaust notes in Forza 2 or PGR4. They sound awesome on the high end cars. The GT series has always suffered from bad sound IMO. The exhaust note on a fully tuned Supra monster shouldn't sound quieter than my Fiat 500 at idle.)
-Tire marks (A small thing but it adds a lot of realism)
-Customisation (Especially the bodywork and vinyls, I love making race replicas from standard vehicles and swapping the engines about)

Damage would be nice too, even if it wasn't all that amazing in Forza 2 it at least had some form of damage! I still don't like the way the PS3 handles online interaction either, on the 360 it's a breeze whereas on the PS3 it always feels like you're being hindered by it instead.

I have a lot of cars in Forza2. The problem seems to get worse with Slick tyres. Theres a good bit of grip but its very easy to lose that grip and then the car tends to float on the road with absolutely no chance of getting the control back. One thing I did notice is that when I installed the game onto my HDD the Physics got a little bit better. GT5 has the upper hand when it comes to physics.

Hate to say it but I am feeling the same way as alot of you in this thread. Have been a avid GT fan since GT1. Baught PS3 early before prologue even announced and soley for GT5. The graphics in GT Prologue are amazing as they should be as we expected them to be. However I do experience frame drops or flicker more now then when first installed. Online is subpar at the moment. They really need to allow us to use all the tracks and alow users to set at least points restrictions and maybe even car model restrictions. These two restrictions would give online racing a big boost. The S Class events was fairly tough and even had to result to custom tune setting from GT planet to pass a few races. However if GT5 is 6 months or more away and we do not get more tracks and or more online options. Than I will be looking into Forza 2 sometime in the next few months. Never have really played Forza except just a little of the first edition. My sole reason for getting it would be the paint jobs. Have looked at dozens and dozens of user created Forza 2 paint jobs and they are simply amazing. It is hard to be faithfull to playstation and GT when the creaters of GT have so much to improve. Especially when we do not even know what to expect or what we will get with GT5. I would of been happy with GT4's cars, online, and single player replay when in two player mode. However they killed that release. Actually with GT5 Prologue online if the game would work smoother they should reduce the graphics of at least the tracks since there is no replay mode etc. Perfection comes at a huge cost and when you are perfect in only a few areas that leaves a lot of room for improvement. However until now and a major announcement on what GT5 will have will hope that GT can pull it off one more time and remain the best.

Can someone who has Forza 2 tell me if the cars still don't know how to gain traction? I own Forza 1 and I used to play it all the time because I personally loved the triggers on the Xbox controllers much better than the buttons on the PS2 Dualshock, but I remember in Forza 1 the cars (even the 333SP) would let their rear wheels slip with even the slightest amount of throttle. I would go around the Nurburgring and a lap later it would be covered in skid marks because the car didn't grip. The car would stay fairly straight, but the rear wheels didn't know when to quit.

Great editing.More cars. That's all. No way in hell you can say that Forza is, or can be better than GT5 in anyway possible. OP=Fail.

If I was a car-manufacturer I think I would be in seriously doubt on who to put my money on.
I would put my money on PD, simply because they make the cars closer to real life than any other developer...

EDIT: That video in first post was cool, but as I've said a thousand times before, the graphics in that game are crap compared to GT5P. And as many have discovered, the car modeling in Forza 2 is worse than in GT4. Also looks like the cars are moving too fast, something wrong about the whole thing...

Last edited:
Perfection comes at a huge cost and when you are perfect in only a few areas that leaves a lot of room for improvement.

but from a customer side it's harder to see and recognize that improvement, because customers are expecting it for granted, and don't usually see the improvement. It's easier to improve if you are terrible, then if you are already excellent like PD

but from a customer side it's harder to see and recognize that improvement, because customers are expecting it for granted, and don't usually see the improvement. It's easier to improve if you are terrible, then if you are already excellent like PD
sometimes it depends on the customer. If your serious, you will know the system has change. Casual players often see the change but most likely the visual part is the first thing that they will see.

Great editing.More cars. That's all. No way in hell you can say that Forza is, or can be better than GT5 in anyway possible. OP=Fail.

OP here... How can you speak so boldly about Forza vs. GT5? I was referring to Forza 3, which isn't out yet. And no one really knows anything about GT5. I hope you are right since I now own a PS3, but nothing is fore sure. Thats for sure.

Latest Posts

Back