United States
Los Angeles
QD_maikoheart
RubyWooby
- Chapter 1

LOS ANGELES, CA Feburary 15th, 2009
7:03 P.M

KTLA 5 news-

"..we have some breaking news just hitting the KTLA studio, it seems we have a very high speed chase on the 110 freeway, Currently passing the 105 interchange. We'll bring it to our Sky5 helicopter..."
"Yeah, we have a suspect going at very high speed as you said. Officers are reporting speeds up to.....maybe 127 MPH? I'm not entirely sure about that but he seems to be moving at a very high speed. He's in hurry it seems-"
"Is it a single driver in there, or is there a passenger riding along?"
"Umm...yes, it seems like there is a single driver in there...the vehicle looks like a late model Civic. We can't really tell because..heh..we can't catch up to him."
"Okay....what was the cause of this pursuit? Was it a simple traffic stop, or was it something else? Like...was he looking suspicous o-"
"It was a traffic stop...umm the LAPD told me that the guy would not simply stop and decided to escalate the situation...I'm getting a report that he's carrying some kind of drug in his car? That was probably why he did not stop
and he was most likely fearing that he would get caught with the drugs...we're now passing the 405 interchange and it seems like he's gonna transition to the Northbound 405..the traffic is pretty heavy going both ways there so I don't know
how he's going to get past that..."
"If you're just tuning in, this is a very high speed chase, top speed was about 127 MPH, the pursuit was a result of the suspect refusing to pull over for a simple traffic stop, and he may have an illegal drug
inside that car. He just passed the Artesia Boulevard exit and it doesn't look like this guy isn't stopping anytime soon.....we're going to have the CHP on the phone in a moment so....any other info on that
suspect?"
"Yeah......hold on......he's from a gang it seems....he's about 18 to 22 years old and......hold on, I'm getting word from air traffic control, we're nearing LAX so if he goes anywhere the 105, looks like we're gonna have to go around
and stop the coverage an- OH MY GOODNESS!!! HE JUST CRASHED HARD INTO A SEMI!!!! HE'S GOING END OVER END AND FLAMES ARE SPEWING OUT OF THE CIVIC!!!!!! UNITS ARE NOW STOPPING NEAR THE ACCIDENT AND OFFICERS ARE NOW getting out of their
cars......looks like this is the end of the pursuit here....and no! The suspect is leaving that flaming Civic and is on foot now! He just tripped over something and the officers are all over him!"
"Yup...he's pretty much done for right there...heh, we almost had to stop coverage there as we were nearing LAX..."

LOS ANGELES, CA Feburary 25th, 2009
3:00 P.M

ABC 7 news:

"In other news...ten days ago a high speed chase took place near Inglewood on the 405. The pursuit ended in a fiery crash into a Big Rig. The suspects name was Thomas Brown, and he was carrying 10 pounds of
illegal drugs in his car trunk. He was transporting the drugs from warehouse near Santa Monica for some kind of gang. He will be taken to Lynwood jail for an unknown amount of time..."

2 years later.... April 4th, 2011
CARSON, CA 6:39 P.M

Thomas' point of view

I got a call....like anyone ever calls me. For those 2 years in Lynwood, it seems like everyone has forgotten I have existed. Doesn't matter though, they might have a bad impression on me after that.....what was I locked up for?
....oh yeah. That pursuit. I still remember the boss' face after leaving the warehouse to deliver that bag of.....something. I knew it was bad.....but you can't just help it if you get told you will be payed $20,000 after
you deliver this...illegal thing. It was probably not worth it....how stupid of me.

So anyways, I walked to the telephone, picked it up, and said hello. The usual.
"'ello?"
"It's me, Natasha."

Ah, her. We go way back, to even Elementary School. She would always get me out of trouble, one way or another. This time, she had bailed me out of jail for a pretty hefty amount, but she doesn't care. She's kinda like my...guardian angel.

"Oh, you."
"Yeah, I'm at the Starbucks at Downtown LA, can you make it here? I want to discuss something you just might be interested in.."
"Oh, alright then..."

To be honest, I'm still kinda frightened by the looks of the 110 after that pursuit. It makes me remember......everything, even after about 2 years I can still remember the sound of both the news helicopters and the police behind me. I dunno,
I might be going crazy. The 110 is the quickest way to Downtown, so I gotta quit acting like a baby and deal with it.

"Try to get here before 8:00, I don't have much time."
"Kay then, bye Nat"
"Meet you there"

Hmm...what does she mean that she would talk about something I would be interested in? Cars? She already knows that I'm a real car entusiast, it could be something like that I suppose. So I get out of my house and into my car...suprised no one stole it
yet, you never know what could happen when you are living in the projects.

Near 4th street,Downtown LA 7:22 P.M

Thomas' point of view

Cruising down 4th and I finally spot the Starbucks. So I just park right in front of the place, as it seems that no one else is parked here. Is it closed?
6708670671_a48eec112e_z.jpg

The lights are off inside, but you never know with Natasha there, she always has a place to talk about something secret.....
6708671639_73547dab7b_z.jpg

I push the door and it's open, so I walk right in and I spot Natasha. She's having a cup of coffee (What else?)

"You're finally here, Thomas."
"Umm..yeah, suppose I am."
"So, you got a call from me that I want to talk to you about something that might interest you, correct?"
"Yup, that's exactly what I'm here for."
"I would think that everyday, you feel....unsafe. You seem pretty paranoid after I got you out of Lynwood."
How does she know?
"So, I know I sound crazy right now, but hey, I guess if you want some freedom and weight off your shoulders, you might wanna hear what's next. Should I say it?"
"Go ahead"
"Got a call from a friend in Japan sayi-"
"Wait, Japan?"
"You didn't let me finish...."

Really, is she out of her mind? That's really friggen crazy! Japan? You have got to be kidding me...

"You don't know what I'm talking about, Thomas. I got a call and she said there is some houses avaiable near where she lives. She also stated that you would have a clean slate, so you can start a new life. I know you are longing for a different atmosphere, Thomas.
besides, you're a racefan aren't you? They got a lot of stuff going on down there..."
"But I'm broke. I'm living in the projects, I can barely pay my damn rent-"
"Don't worry. I'll pay for you. So is it a deal? Or no? It's a once in a lifetime offer."

So you could already imagine the things going on in my head. Should I really go? Is it...really worth it? Time was passing by quickly, before I knew it, it was 8 PM. I decided to say something that I might
regret or never regret, and I never knew until I said those words....

"I'll take it."

Feedback is appreciated.....don't ask about my other fanfic, it's in the dead pile. :(

It has excellent potential. Leaves me to wonder why Thomas transported the drugs & what he'll do now after released from prison.

Keep it up, mate 👍

Also, I recommend organizing your Chapters a bit. Gives the reader a bit more clarity.

This opening reminds me of Need For Speed: Most Wanted.. Somewhat.

Off to a good start, mate. Although it is a tad hard to read. Could use just a small fixture.

I think you're actually the first person to use an Eclipse as the protagonist's car. 👍

I'm actually wondering if Thomas will be tempted into doing another drug run. He's been in prison for 2 years and no one is going to want to employ someone with a criminal record, so yeah. 💡

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm gonna post another chapter today, so stay tuned.
And I'll try to fix the format. O.o

This is an interesting concept...there's already been a [shameless plug]GT fanfic with a drug lord for a villain[/shameless plug] but using an ex-drug runner as a character is, like I just said, an interesting concept. I hope you don't abandon this story. 👍

DK
This is an interesting concept...there's already been a [shameless plug]GT fanfic with a drug lord for a villain[/shameless plug] but using an ex-drug runner as a character is, like I just said, an interesting concept. I hope you don't abandon this story. 👍

Shameless plug? I got nothing, explain to us. :P

Like Technicolors said, I wonder why Thomas did the drug delivery.

I'm not giving away anything here, I like to reveal things as the story progresses... :P
Does anyone want Arturo's March? I'm not gonna use it anymore. It got some nice Enkeis on it. :D

CHAPTER 2

Natasha's point of view-

HOLLYWOOD, CA April 5th, 2011 11:03 AM

He actually accepted! I can't believe it! I gotta buy that plane ticket now and- who's that calling me? Oh, it's Arisu. She's probably calling me about how the meeting went. Ack, where did I put my phone? I finally find it and answer.

"Hello?"
"So, did he accept?"

Sounded like Arisu.

"Yep, he took it."
"Nice! So when is he coming? This weekend?"
"Uh...let me check, I'll call you when I find some tickets"
"And Natasha?"
"Yeah?"
"I was lying when I said Thomas would have a clean slate."
"Huh?"
"Just to lure him here..."
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"Um, nothing."
"You sure?"
"Heh, yeah."
"Ok, uh...bye?"

What? Did I just hear what I heard? Whatever. She always jokes around with me, I've known her for long enough.

CARSON, CA

Thomas' point of view-

First thing I had to do was to buy a bag. All of them were over my budget. That's how poor I am, no joke. So I just took the cheapest one and went home to pack up my things when my house phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Thomas, I got you plane tickets for tomorrow. I talked to the owners of the apartments in Japan and they said that they have a lot of units open, ready for living in. Have you talked to the owners of the apartment you're living in?"
"Yup, I told them. They said I gotta move out this week."
"OK, and before you hang up.."
"Yeah?"
"I'll try my hardest to clean up your record, if that's even possible. So be careful of what you do over there, and please don't make me get to Japan to pull you out of jail again."

She hung up. That was pretty abrupt. Natasha never hung up on me like that, but all is good I guess. I'd do anything to start a new life, even if it is as far away as Japan.

LAX ,April 6th, 2011 7:00 AM

LAX by alanbradyie, on Flickr

This was the last time I was going to see this city, and I'm glad it's the last time. The drive on the 405 haunted me, as I remember, that was the same place the pursuit was. I can still see the Big Rig right in front of me, and in a flash, I'm all over the place. Flames all over the car, blue and red lights above and behind me, it felt as if it was yesterday.

*BEEP BEEP!*
"Oh crap!"

I almost swerved into a Prius. Must have been zoning out. It's hard to focus on the damn road thanks to my past.

After I finally arrived to LAX, Natasha was standing next to her black Mercedes. We socialized a bit then she gave me the tickets.

"As I said on the phone, be careful out there. I will try to give you a clean record, but I can't guarantee anything Thomas."
"Okay, okay Nat! I know what to do and what not to do."
"And please, no street racing."

Heh, she knew.

April 8th, 2011 1:45 PM Kyoto, Japan

I would never imagine I would be here. Just simply amazing. I got a rental car from the airport and drove to the address Natasha told me about back at LAX. Once I got to the place, she told me to look for a white Atenza. I tried to drive a little slow since Nat told me the parking lot was pretty well hidden. I later found that white Atenza and a girl next to it. She motioned me to park in an empty spot.
6708672841_8e783012dd_z.jpg

6708673497_33a0a1a736_z.jpg

"Heh, nice AZ-1."
"Thanks, it's a rental car though"
"So....my name is Arisu, Natasha's friend. I heard you came here to search for a new lifestyle."
"Yup, exactly what I am here for. Nat told me you have some connections with racing teams and stuff like that."
"I lied."
"What?"
"I actually do, but not the ones you have in mind."
"What....are you talking about?"
"So racing is your thing huh?"
"Uh, yeah?"
"I got a group of buddies that are hanging out at Route 7, they like to race newbi-"
"You want me to street race?"
"With your record and the way you look, I doubt you would get a job."
"Well, I like any kind of racing, so where do I get a car for a really low price? I'm pretty broke."
"I know a guy."

Sorry if this chapter is kinda wack. :/

The name "Arisu" reminds me of this anime I watched a few days ago. :indiff: It's "Serial Experiments Lain", if you're wondering.

New car time! I thought he would be running the Eclipse though. Looking forward to what the actual hero car is. :D

I think you're actually the first person to use an Eclipse as the protagonist's car. 👍

I'm actually wondering if Thomas will be tempted into doing another drug run. He's been in prison for 2 years and no one is going to want to employ someone with a criminal record, so yeah. 💡

"With your record and the way you look, I doubt you would get a job."

Also I like this girl, she thinks like me. :D

You definitely have to put Arturo's March among the cars Thomas looks at. :lol:

I'm 100% sure I'm not going to use the March anymore (already took pictures)
Now does anyone want it?

Roj, I'm after the 1000 cars trophy, let me have it (even though I have 602 already :lol:)

Don't be so cheap, buy your own March! :P I'm doing this so my Mighty March has a companion. :dopey:

I have one, but getting another car towards the 1000 cars isn't so bad :P

Buy 398 karts. It'll cost you just under 2 million to get your trophy. :P

I prefer to buy UCD cars I don't have :P And I didn't buy every premium since some of then you win thru the A-Spec races I didn't win. And I remote race some of your Bobs, and you came second with one of them.

I prefer to buy UCD cars I don't have :P And I didn't buy every premium since some of then you win thru the A-Spec races I didn't win. And I remote race some of your Bobs, and you came second with one of them.

How about we let BayneHamlin1121 decide which one of us gets it, before we spam the thread too much. :P

How about we let BayneHamlin1121 decide which one of us gets it, before we spam the thread too much. :P

But spamming is sooo cool (actually is not and I agree with you).

NissanMicra-054.jpg

Arturo's March and The Mighty March chillaxing at Route X. I told you they'd be friends! :D

VTiRoj
Arturo's March and The Mighty March chillaxing at Route X. I told you they'd be friends! :D

Haha, very cute! ^^
Most likely getting a chapter in today, all I can tell about the upcoming chapter is that it tells about Thomas' dark past........

Chapter 3

Kyoto, Japan
Thomas' point of view

So Arisu took me to this guys garage to get a new car. Nice. I doubt it is going to be a shiny new 500 HP monster, but my expectations are kinda high for some apparent reason.

"Natasha told me about your past. You were in a gang, one of the most powerful ones in LA. But you yourself wasn't as powerful."

Oh god, she started to talk about my past. I dread the moment when I have to ponder my mind to examine the horrid history of me.

"You're right. I was a newbie, I joined the gang weeks before the pursuit."
"Why did they choose you?"
"They said I had good running skills. They assumed that I could get away from everything."

January 19th, 2009 11:01 PM

CARSON, CA

The street was dark, only lit by the weak streetlamps. A helicopter in the air, police sirens every 10 minutes. Typical project life. I was just going to the liquor store to get some chips and soda when a van pulled up next to me. I just kept walking, but 5 seconds later, I see a flash of white and it seems like in milliseconds, I wake up on a rusty floor. I'm jolted by a huge bump. I'm now wide awake. I try to get up when I realize that my hands are roped together. I look at my feet and I see that they are tied too! What the hell is going on here?

"QUIT WIGGILING!"

A shady looking man in the passenger side was pointing a rifle at me. I decided it was a smart move to just stay still and try to find an escape route when one opens up. Thing is, one never did. It felt like hours just lying there on the back of the van, and right when I was about to fall asleep, the shady man threw me off the van. The 2 men that were in the van grabbed me by the shoulders and held me at gunpoint all the way into an abandoned warehouse. A man in a suit crossing his arms was standing inside. He seemed like one of those Mafia people in those old movies.

"I got him boss, near Carson."
"Don't threaten him that much, Devon, I don't want him dead."

The two men threw me on the ground in front of their 'boss'.

"So I heard you were a good runner Mr. Brown."
"What the hell do you mean?"
"So, you like money correct?"
"Well, yeah?"
"You know how to drive?"
"Umm, yes."

I must have been looking like I was about to escape, because the van driver pointed a rifle at me.

"There's no way out you coward! It's either this or hell for you, you damn rotten scum!"
"He's right, Mr. Brown. You've got no choice. Your schedule is this: I got a compact car that is disguised as one of those pizza delivery cars. You deliver all kinds of drugs to my 'business men' in different places. The first delivery is to a friend, in Harbor City. You gotta rush because you've only got 1 and a half hours to deliver these goodies. After that, you better haul some a**, because my men will come for you. There is a tracker in there, so you better not do something stupid. Got that, Brown?
"Uh huh..."
"If you do this successfully, my friend will give me a call saying you delivered the goodies. After that, I miiight give you a pretty hefty amount of money. You up for it?"

"Thomas, we're here."

Holy carp, I must've been dreaming. It felt just like the real thing....so as I get out of Arisu's white Atenza, she leads me to a garage. Once we got to the door, Arisu entered a code and stepped right in. A huge man was working on a Mustang.
"Hey! Arisu! How have you been doing, baby girl?"

The man came to hug Arisu.

"Ack! I can't breathe!"
"Don't be such a wimp! Hehe. Who is this guy?"
"His name is Thomas, he was sent here by my good friend Natasha from Los Angeles so that he can find a new lifestyle. I'm gonna try to expose him to the racing scene."
"Hey there, my names Johnathan. I'm from the US too."

He proceeded to shake my hand.

"So you're here for a car, correct?"
"Yup, that's what Arisu sent me here for."
"Alright, follow me."

He lead us to a nice lot in the back, with some good looking cars.

"Call me when you find a car that suits your fancy."

So John left me and Arisu to look for a good car after introducing us to the lot.
6711289727_2b49406f7e.jpg

6711291339_04be9af226.jpg

6711293369_4f69bb441c.jpg

After about 10 minutes of debating, I finally settled on the new car. It was the Toyota 86.

"Hey John, come here!"
"Coming Arisu.."
"So Thomas likes this one right here."
"Ahh...good choice. So my buddies told me that there's a meet down at Route 7, they love fresh victims. You down for it?"
"Uh, yeah. Suppose so. But aren't these cars really underpowered? Especially that stupid Mar-"
"Hey, shut up, that Nissan has a special place in my heart."
"Uh, ok then, but aren't these cars a little too underpowered for street racing?"
"Trust me, Thomas. Most of the guys at 7 think they can raise their cars horsepower by putting on neon lights. It'll be a walk in the park for you."

Latest Posts

Back