Thoughts about coming to the game?

• Thread starter ImMano99
  • 39 comments
Hello,

Quite satisfied with GT Sport but in need to have something a little different from time to time, is Project Cars worth it?

Never tried it so no clue how it works. Is there a career? If yes, how does it work?
What's the online? Is it only leagues that you need to join or just daily races like GT Sport, etc...

Thanks in advance.

I'm new to PC2 as well, and play it as an alternative to GT Sport. I will say is 100% worth the purchase. More realism and more rewarding than GT Sport in every aspect.

Watch some of these videos for more information about the game: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-insiders-guide/

Brake fade is in game? That’s cool.
When I first started Pcars I initially began driving like I did in GT, continually hard on the brakes into the corners. In my first online race with @Sick Cylinder I didn't realise that mechanical failures were enabled (or possible). My brakes overheated and broke! I drive somewhat differently now. :)

When I first started Pcars I initially began driving like I did in GT, continually hard on the brakes into the corners. In my first online race with @Sick Cylinder I didn't realise that mechanical failures were enabled (or possible). My brakes overheated and broke! I drive somewhat differently now. :)

I always wondered if brake failures were possible. I've seen the option to repair them in the pits but never needed to(and there doesn't seem to be any indication of wear or damage). I know they don't work nearly as well when they overheat but in most cases I have to go well out of my way to make that happen. Still I didn't know if that or anything else ever caused them to actually break. Now I know it's in there somewhere at least. :)

Bob overheats them immensely but his just work differently than mine... yet I've never had any issue with them after he was doing laps and they cool down.

If you've got mechanical failures switched on that can be interesting as you can still have that even if you have damage to visual. Quite a few times I've come into the pits for a mandatory stop only to be told I've got a clutch problem or something else!!

This game confuses me to this day. It is a Love it or Hate it experience, but often both at the same time. When it works, it can be absolutely brilliant. Driving the Ginetta jr can bring tears of joy to my face. Cars feel so alive. Have had outstanding online races no matter my low rating.

Yet bugs have spoiled my SP experience so many times. I have now exited and directly deleted it three times - never has that happened with any other game. One race the car behaves, next I cannot make a turn without the rear overtaking the front despite any setting to car or control.
As there is no matching, one has to look for rooms and that can take time, starting a race even more so. Especially with lower rating as a newcomer.
GTS is a much more hop-in game - getting in a matched/lobby race is so much faster, you can be in a competitive race in minutes. The cars feel like trams in comparison though.

Back