Thread closed

Well guys. After several hours, it appears that 1.4 has now made it so neither of my wheels are working like the CSR wheel did before the update. The FFB is nothing but a large center spring type of feel and is basically undriveable. If I cant get it sorted in the next day or so.....

Hmmm, that sucks. Is there anything you can do with all the FFB settings the game allows to change?
Ive spent over 4 hours trying to get even close the feeling I had and nothing is working. Im this close to giving up on pCARS. so frustrating

Ive spent over 4 hours trying to get even close the feeling I had and nothing is working. Im this close to giving up on pCARS. so frustrating
I just downloaded the patch. I was not enjoying the ffb on my GT3 either unt I started using jack spades ffb settings. Center spring is still an issue but not nearly as bad as before. Reducing tire force and overall ffb helps a lot, and with the settings from the tweaker files the ffb feels much more detailed. Worth a try.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Im using that and was using it with my CSR and prior to 1.4, the car felt great. I could feel the front and rear getting lose, bumps, curbs, etc. Not in a straight line I can feel some of the road and the yellow FFB telemetry line is matching what I feel however as soon as I put any movement in the wheel, I just feel the spring and the yellow line is flatline until I return to center.

I'm reading a lot of complaints from thrustmaster users on the pcars forums regarding centering springs as well.

18219533170_312847763a_c.jpg

Watkins Glen Short

Race Length - 19 Laps

Race day weather report

Race 1 - 9:00am - Clear Skies
Race 2 - 2:00pm - Clear Skies
Race 3 - 7:00pm - Clear Skies

Per the above post - Below are the top 10 drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Watkins Glen Short by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week or Confirmed). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. flatspunout
  2. austindecker - Confirmed
  3. dpinho1975 - Confirmed
  4. GrimGrnninGhost - Confirmed
  5. Waldron95
  6. serge_1919
  7. Mightymopar
  8. Lessenjr - Confirmed
  9. Somebodyshootme
  10. Wardenclyffe - Confirmed
All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure

Last edited:

Watkins Glen Short

Race Length - 19 Laps

Race day weather report

Per the above post - Below are the top 10 drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Watkins Glen Short by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week or Confirmed). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. flatspunout
  5. Waldron95
  6. serge_1919
  7. Mightymopar
  8. Lessenjr
  9. Somebodyshootme
All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the Knock-Out Qualifying Procedure

Confirmed

18122116875_467cf16374_c.jpg

If anyone is interested, I plan to run a mock race or two at Watkins Glen around 7:00pm eastern tonight if anyone is interested.​

How are you guys doing leading up to this week? I thought I'd share what I've been working on.

PCARS%20E30%20Glen%20short%20setup_zpssswql22x.jpg

Attachments

• PCARS E30 Glen short setup.jpg
    PCARS E30 Glen short setup.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 10

Watkins Glen Short

Race Length - 19 Laps

Race day weather report

1. flatspunout
  5. Waldron95
  6. serge_1919
  7. Mightymopar
  8. Lessenjr - Confirmed
  9. Somebodyshootme

What are the ideal times people are running? Just so I have a rough idea of what to shoot for lap time wise.

Check out the screenshot of my spreadsheet a couple posts up. That's the extent of my practice thus far. 1:16.001 is my best after 30 laps.

How about your FL tire?
Mine is overheating if I keep running at 1.16 low

Oh yes, for sure. I don't know the best way to deal with that honestly. I guess when it gets to that point you just have to be smart about how you manage your lap times. I plan to do two more stints today sometime but i was kind of focused on a different issue. I Imagine there are things that can be done setup-wise to help with it, but I'm an amateur tuner at best. Probably set the car up a bit more free so as to use a bit less physical steering to get around the carousel, then maybe less front toe-in? I dunno really, just gonna have to play with it.

Im using that and was using it with my CSR and prior to 1.4, the car felt great. I could feel the front and rear getting lose, bumps, curbs, etc. Not in a straight line I can feel some of the road and the yellow FFB telemetry line is matching what I feel however as soon as I put any movement in the wheel, I just feel the spring and the yellow line is flatline until I return to center.
Just now is the first time I've tried it with my cheapo CSR installed again (Amazon will replace my defective T300 but in the meantime . . . ) and it was all mush on my first outing. I tried backing down the game's FFB from 100 to 75 at first, then 55. During long, steady right-handers I'm flatlined, along with other random spots. But if I back off the gas some it all comes back.

Any chance you found a workaround?

How about your FL tire?
I was having the same problem until I lowered the tire pressure on the front slightly. I'm not sure why that is as my experience tells me that lower pressure = more heat buildup but it worked for me. It also helped slightly with reducing the understeer. My only conclusion is that the increase in grip which is reducing understeer is causing less friction on the front tires.

I am going to deal with a knockout round versus taking a spot up right now. If the same thing happens at work again tomorrow I will be unable to make it. If not I will see everyone on track

How about your FL tire?

I've gotten down to 15 flat even on quite hot tires. Once they get over 250* seems to be when the grip falls off significantly, but I've been able to manage mid 15's with the tire in the low 240's. Grim's still got quite a bit of time on me though.

18343712696_f0c05fb102_c.jpg

Watkins Glen Short

Race Length - 19 Laps

Race day weather report

Lobby will open for Knock Out Qualification participants ONLY at 8:00pm Eastern. Send me a PM when you are ready to join KOQ and I'll send you an invite

Main Event lobby will then be open to all Main Event participants @8:45pm Eastern.​

Below are the drivers with provisional entries into the Main Event. The below listed drivers (not listed in BOLD below) need to confirm their intent to race at Watkins Glen Short by replying in this topic (no later than 8:00pm eastern on Race Day) with a simple post that they plan to race this week (Example - I plan to race this week). I will update the list accordingly.
  1. flatspunout - Confirmed
  5. Waldron95 - Confirmed
  6. serge_1919
  7. Mightymopar - Confirmed
  8. Lessenjr - Confirmed
  9. Somebodyshootme

All other series drivers not list as confirmed above will need to qualify for the race via the Knock-Out Qualifying procedure

As a reminder, I will send out invitations to the lobby once its set up. Should you have to leave the lobby of get DC'd. you can find the original invitation in the main PS4 menu under: Notifications > Invitations.

Last edited:
Back