Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
El Gigante, I did say several times that no speed using the wheelie glitch or any other glitch is to be counted...

couttsey21, Well done! I had a feeling the car was capable, but I was a bit short of 4,500,000cr just to test it out. Congrats on adding yourself and your car to the 300mph club!

Audi R8 - 305.7 mph
Mercedes CLK-GTR - 300.65

(I'm sure both of these could probably do a good bit more the the point for right now is just to get them to 300 or greater for right now.)

Ah yes, the CLK-GTR - Why haven't I tested that yet? Must do that soon lol

And I've already said why I didn't test out the Audi R8, it's too expensive! However, I can have a pop at the CLK-GTR.

Well done.

i remember the gt3 glitch with the escudo...i hit over 1000 mph in that car :crazy:

oh yea and has anyone hit over 300 mph in the Option stream 350z? i've only managed to hit 275 with just changing the gear ratios and using nitrous..just wondering if its possible

easty
I'm sure the TVR Cerbera will do it. I've come to the conclusion the test track is not long enough. I'm getting to and holding 245mph on the bend but by the time the finish line comes up i'm only at 295mph.... but ... the car is still accelerating (gradually).
Ive just got the tvr to 300.21 with nitro no wheelie clitch.

WaterBoy
Any one going to try the Escudo?

I messed with that one a while back I should have a crack at it again but its so annoying when its all souped up (hard to control, even those banked bends proved challenging for it). The latest one I'm working on is the LMR V12....I'm stuck at 297.9 mph. If anyone can get this car over the mark let me know, I'm pretty sure its possible, just difficult. I need to get started on the road cars, I'm thinking about trying it with my beloved M5 but I doubt it can do it. It can do 250 w/o nitrous though and most over the cars I got over the 300 limit w/ nitrous topped out at 250 w/o nitrous and w/o tinkering w/ the gears so we shall see.

Make7UPYours015, is that supposed to be without NOS? If so you should proofread :D . Anyway, it's not that fast for such a car, it can really shift.

stickeyrice, I did that too in the Escudo from GT3, it was iiiiinsanely fast! I haven't had a go at the Option Stream Z, it may be capable. I'll try it out later on and let ya'll know. On the subject, the Nissan Fairlady Z Concept GT Race Car LM etc. etc. thingy, the red, white and blue one, that could do 300mph. I'll have a go at that too.

I've tried long and hard with the Escudo, I think because of my loyalty to it as the fastest straight-line car from GT3, but there's no way it's gonna do 300mph. At least, not with me driv- no, piloting :D !

M5_dude, hmmm... The Beemer V12 LMR... That's another one to add to the list entitled "LMPs I must remember exist"! 297mph is SO CLOSE to the mark you cannot let it go without doing 300! You've gotta do it, it's SO CLOSE!

I remember I could get the Escudo to pass 500kph in GT3, without the wheelitrick. I did run Testcourse in reverse though. Has anyone tried that in GT4? Doing so made it possible to run multiple laps, and get to know your top speed only when you decided to exit. Think I´ll have a go with some of the racecars and see where I end up...

Dark Elite
Make7UPYours015, is that supposed to be without NOS? If so you should proofread :D . Anyway, it's not that fast for such a car, it can really shift.

stickeyrice, I did that too in the Escudo from GT3, it was iiiiinsanely fast! I haven't had a go at the Option Stream Z, it may be capable. I'll try it out later on and let ya'll know. On the subject, the Nissan Fairlady Z Concept GT Race Car LM etc. etc. thingy, the red, white and blue one, that could do 300mph. I'll have a go at that too.

I've tried long and hard with the Escudo, I think because of my loyalty to it as the fastest straight-line car from GT3, but there's no way it's gonna do 300mph. At least, not with me driv- no, piloting :D !

M5_dude, hmmm... The Beemer V12 LMR... That's another one to add to the list entitled "LMPs I must remember exist"! 297mph is SO CLOSE to the mark you cannot let it go without doing 300! You've gotta do it, it's SO CLOSE!

Well I ran out of nitrous on the back strech getting to that speed...I don't maybe a bit more tinkering with the nitrous and gear settings I might get there. The M5 would only do 274 so its not going to be joining the club. I'll get more cars in when I'm done with my papers for class.

Time to add another one to the list.....

TVR Celebra Speed 12 finally did it with a top speed of 300.56 MPH, it wasn't easy but the the wheel spin is a killer so one of the first things I did was set the TCS to 7 but by the time I got to the 300 mph mark I brought it back down to 6 and put racing hard tires to help keep the spin under control...other than that put the auto setting to 25....final drive gear at 3.187, 5th gear at .810 (which is the lowest it will go) and try the 6th gear at around .627. Hit the nitrous right before you can see the tunnel exactly the same time as you shift out of 5th for 6th...also try to keep on the upper bank of the curve as it lets you get around 247 mph before you shift for 6th.

I have a feeling I can get the V12 LMR to do it now...wish me luck!

Hi guys,

Can you believe I just found this place? :dunce:

Anyway, after reading this thread I decided to try myself. I took my trusty 88C-V and went to the test track. I've only tuned this previously for races but decided not to just blatantly copy the settings already mentioned.

I tinkered around, started off with a nice base of 302mph and went from there, making slight adjustments each time. About an hour or so later I had some fairly 'unique' settings but managed to get the Minolta to a nice 322.74mph. I do believe it can go a little faster, but during the final 10-15 tests I found the improvements I made were tiny compared to the those at the start (to be expected I guess).

Strange thing is, I completed the game 100% and have never used NOS before now... it could have saved me some tough races!

I think next up I'll goto work on a Viper although from what I've already read, it might not be possible. We can but try :)

Here's a pic of the 88C-V
minolta322747sv.jpg

I can't help myself I keep doing more!!! Please allow me then to welcome the newest...(albeit the slowest) member of the Three Hundred Mile per hour club: The BMW V12 Le Mans Racer (LMR) that came blazing over the line today around 1:08 PM CST on Aug. 20th in the Year of Our Lord 2005 at 300.14 MPH.

Hey all I just got 330.69mph in my Audi R8 Race Car '01. I enclose another video clip and picture to authenticate my achievement.

Is there an actual world record amongst the Gran Turismo community for a GT Land Speed Record?

Surely this would rank high up near the top? Anyone fancies trying to beat this speed then I'm sure up for the challenge 👍

Picture

Video (8mb)

I messed with the Escudo for over a week. It will not go over 289.26 MPH. I even tried to use the settings from GT3 that I got it to go 800 in. No dice. Also, with little tuning, I've gotten the Gillet Vertigo to go 241.62 MPH without NOS or the turbo. I'm going to work on it more soon.

Aargh this topic has been totally flooded while I was away, thank you everybody for your interest in my idea! 👍

Okay, now to sort through my long list of replies :D...

Team666, that's pretty quick for no-NOS but I never really tried and hit 420-odd kph. Well done anyway.

M5_Dude - Waheyheyhey! Hold on a MINUTE! Your Speed 12 record is RED HOT! I never got the car near that kind of speed, I think I maxed at about 290mph and gave up due it being classified as 'beast', but you have proved me wrong! My hat is off to you once more, you keep on going with these incredible speeds! Also... The V12 LMR is heartily welcomed into the club as of now, although it is not the slowest member! My top speed in the 787B, the only recorded excess of 300 for that car, was an astonishingly close 300.03mph, so the old 5-speed-boxed <900hp Mazda is the slowest member.

couttsey21, that very, very high speed is the current, confirmed, Gran Turismo World Land Speed Record! Very well done to you, you have set the highest proven speed in any car with all four wheels on the ground (Hence "land" speed record to phase out wheelies). And you are quite correct in your correction there, the GT-One can only do 350mph+ if you wheelie it.

Toronado - Well done with the Escudo, that's about what I acheived and like you have done now I also used old GT3 settings and still no result. I think it's been rigged never to go 300 because PD feel guilty for making it so fast in GT3! Keep gunning for 300 in the Vertigo, which I hate but will allow in anyway!

fergamasco, that WOULD have the record but I need video proof to show that it did not involve the wheelie glitch, sorry.

goapoison, do you mean the TVR Speed 12 or the Cerbera Speed Six, or what? Please be more specific.

talonthehunter, well done but you don't say what car you're in... Could you erm, elaborate on that please?

Is that as in believing it can do 300mph or actually having done it yourself? I'm guessing the latter, but I can't count you as one of the 300mph-speedfreaks unless I'm sure ;)!

Dark Elite
Is that as in believing it can do 300mph or actually having done it yourself? I'm guessing the latter, but I can't count you as one of the 300mph-speedfreaks unless I'm sure ;)!

I'm still at work, but i'll grab a picture of the record and post it for you. It's 301.85 or somethig. I'll check when i get home anyway.

militantmandy - OK, I'll look forward to yet another member to my club!

Toronado, I think the 2D may have done 300mph... *scratches head* I dunno... Mine hasn't yet. What with the inexplicable design of the Chaparral cars it's possible. The 2J can't, it does about 275mph but it can't have NOS so there's no way I can see to gain the 25-odd mph needed. Can the 2D take NOS? (I'm guessing it can, but could you confirm?)

Dark Elite
militantmandy - OK, I'll look forward to yet another member to my club!

Toronado, I think the 2D may have done 300mph... *scratches head* I dunno... Mine hasn't yet. What with the inexplicable design of the Chaparral cars it's possible. The 2J can't, it does about 275mph but it can't have NOS so there's no way I can see to gain the 25-odd mph needed. Can the 2D take NOS? (I'm guessing it can, but could you confirm?)
No, it can't. This is No NOS MPH.

Back