Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
i just did 326.XX in the mintola but the coolest part was with my settings i had to hardley start the turn and just hold the gas the car would just turn itself. i dont know the .XX because i did it in the extreme class first cup. i lowered the spring rate, the ride height, the bound and rebound, moved rear toe to -1 and, raised stablizers all the way up. for the gears i just screwed with them. the car was bouncing but didnt wheelie

3kgt_1998
i just did 326.XX in the mintola but the coolest part was with my settings i had to hardley start the turn and just hold the gas the car would just turn itself. i dont know the .XX because i did it in the extreme class first cup. i lowered the spring rate, the ride height, the bound and rebound, moved rear toe to -1 and, raised stablizers all the way up. for the gears i just screwed with them. the car was bouncing but didnt wheelie
Yeah, mine does the same thing. Time when you dop the nitrous and you should very easily hit 330 with the car.
Dark Elite
True, but then again the documented top speed is in stock setting state, so the CTR2 would probably go faster with tuning what with being newer and having more customisation options. Just a guess, if anyone can put me right?
Yeah, but then again the Yellowbird accomplishes a higher stock speed with less BHP. If you tuned them both full out with HP and the numbers were similar I bet the Yellowbird would go faster.

Edit: Dop the nitrous? Whatever. 295.02 MPH with Chaparal 2D (there's no way in hell this thing will pull 300...whatever. Gotta continue to try.).

Toronado
Yeah, mine does the same thing. Time when you dop the nitrous and you should very easily hit 330 with the car.

Yeah, but then again the Yellowbird accomplishes a higher stock speed with less BHP. If you tuned them both full out with HP and the numbers were similar I bet the Yellowbird would go faster.

Edit: Dop the nitrous? Whatever. 295.02 MPH with Chaparal 2D (there's no way in hell this thing will pull 300...whatever. Gotta continue to try.).

You try hitting 330mph with it! For some unfathomable reason mine will not hold the turn itself, and I actually have to countersteer to hold it on the line... It oversteers horrendously anywhere past about 240mph, and as I'm doing 265mph in the curve it's just so hard to hold it there! The thing is I can't do much about it because the settings I have could get it to 340 if I could manage that turn!

Timing the NOS activation has lost meaning now, just so long as you're on the straight going straight it doesn't matter 'cause it'll run out anyway :yuck: I need a bigger canister!

Part of what I mean with the Yellow Bird vs. CTR2 thing is that the CTR2 could produce so much more power at the very top end and make more use of it with more settings freedom and better aerodynamics, but again I could be wrong.

Okay, now you're being defeatist, the Chappi can do it! You're so close! I'll try it myself today and if it works I'll PM you so you know if it can (and so nobody else knows ;)!)

Oh yeah, stabilizers to full? That's interesting, I always minimze them... Could be part of what's screwing with my turning!

DE

i got 342.65 mph in toyota gt one (the black one) with nos. the car got a bit bouncy but didin't wheelie

Attachments

• 26-08-05_0643.jpg
    26-08-05_0643.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
thanks for adding me to the club dark elite......i'm fighting hard with my supra, but i think there is no chance to go faster than 296mph. i'm sorry!

goapoison, sorry but I would like video proof of that run as the GT-One is very prone to wheelie and at that speed it seems likely. I'm not calling you a liar, I'd just rather be sure.

viper - No prob about the club, yes problem with the Supra runs! I can't do it myself, I hit 295.8x once but no more. We need to find another road car that could do it... Any takers for the Mistubishi 3000GT VR-Four?

i could try it.........i have one fully tuned. i let you know my speed tomorrow. i'm very sad about the supra, but i'm full of hope for the 10.0km supra.....we will see!

may seem like cheating but a very overlooked road is the r390gt road car made by i think nissan. they have the blue one which is decent but i remember in gt2 the gt-one vs the r390 the gtone got demolished. look at my name ill do the vr-4 but i dont think it will make it more updates later on. what about a domestic car u think any domestic road car could do 300.

viper - Did you see the Used Supra With 10.0km/6.2mi Cycle that someone posted somewhere (can't remember who or where LOL)? Then you don't need to hope, just wait!

3kgt_1998, please use capitalisation and punctuation in future that post is too hard to read... The Nissan R390 RC-LM is definetely cheating because it's not really a road car, it's just a race car adapted for the road. Thus we won't count it as a road car, by 'road car' I mean a car NOT designed for track use originally. And yeah, the R390 used to be the fastest car in GT2 and the fastest non-F1 car in GT3! Not any more though LOL too many LMPs to kick it's a$$.
The VR-4 could do it I think, I seem to have a vague recollection of it being the one and only fastest drag car in GT2 but I could be wrong. I'll give it a go myself.

DE

Sorry about the grammar issue. So far in approx. 30 minutes ive gotten the VR-4 up to 285.53. Ive got nos timed almost perfect and im pusing the gears around. did u guys use supersofts? My current settings ar as follow
Suspension:
F R
Spring rate:4.4 2.2
Ride height: 96 96
Bound: 1 1
Rebound: 1 1
Camber: 2.0 1.0
Toe: 0 0
Stabilizers: 7 7

Gearing: Autoset=25
Final=3.845
N20=70
Hold r2 from 3rd-5th at 7000rpm let go. 1st and 2nd let the comp do
get out of 5th at 240

Hmm... Sorry to jump straight to the end of your post but are you using automatic? I stopped using it as soon as I learnt to drive properly, but each to his own I suppose...

Right well I've spotted a few ways to improve all that so I'll take a shot tomorrow. Oh yeah, and at power 70 you shouldn't need to time the NOS at all, if you hit it at the start of the straight it'll just run out before the end anyway.

I never use R5s, always R3s.

DE

dark elite, i can't get you the video, but if you want i'll get you the settings later if you want to try it out. right now i got to go to work.

see ya later

OK I'll test it out and let you know, if I can get it to do it without wheelieing then I'll count it as your record, but I might adjust the settings to make it go faster and then it would be my record, okay?

DE

Dark Elite
OK I'll test it out and let you know, if I can get it to do it without wheelieing then I'll count it as your record, but I might adjust the settings to make it go faster and then it would be my record, okay?

DE
That seems rather...cheap. And I've gotten the TS020 to speed near that (not that high, but close) and it wasn't wheeliing. It was bouncing, but the fronts were staying planted.

294.73 MPH w/ Chaparal 2D. Yes it went down. I'm fiddling with the settings.

Well no new updates but im going to mess with it right now. Ill try r3s but i figure more grip more speed. Maybe r3s will do better. On a mission and going to get it cya guys later. more updates tomorrow

Toronado yes I know it's a bit cheap but it would still be my settings and speed. I probably won't do it though. Do remember your fastest 2D settings, won't you! You wouldn't want to start from scratch!

3kgt_1998, figuring more grip equals more speed is logical but wrong. R5s give you more lateral grip (ie. for turning) but harder compounds will always be faster in a straight line.

DE

i will try my 3000gt and let you know..... will try it in the afternoon.

my 3000gt does 287,5mph maybe i can make 290mph but i think thats the end.

my rx7 does 286,8mph but you can set the nos to 100 👍 i'm trying to get more speed with him.....

OK viper. But - The RX-7's nitrous goes to 100 concentration! Wow! I'm gonna get one myself now and see if it'll do 300...

Oh yes, and the fastest car in the game is the GT-One still, because it does massive speeds with only 50-NOS, whereas all the others have 70.

DE

LOL the war for 300mph in a road car has no record, none of us are there yet! The RX-7 was the car that thinking about the 3000GT brought me on to, and I suppose it's more aerodynamic but with 100-NOS it could well manage it. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I manage the so-far never-reached target of 300mph in a pure road car!

DE

We will indeed, or at least we'll see who has more free time :D! But seriously, I don't like to troll but I'm not sure it's even possible. That won't stop me trying though!

DE

Damn!

That's very annoying because the Zonda really is a very mad race car but it was designed for the road so it will have to be counted... Can I have video evidence to prove that it did not wheelie please, this is a very important record and I'd like it all verified properly.

DE

Dark Elite
Damn!

That's very annoying because the Zonda really is a very mad race car but it was designed for the road so it will have to be counted... Can I have video evidence to prove that it did not wheelie please, this is a very important record and I'd like it all verified properly.

DE
Can you wheelie it? I thought to wheelie you had to have higher downforce in the rear than the front and you can't change the downforce on any of them (Zondas) except the LM car .
Dark Elite
3kgt_1998, figuring more grip equals more speed is logical but wrong. R5s give you more lateral grip (ie. for turning) but harder compounds will always be faster in a straight line.
That is very true. I couldn't break into the 290's with the 2D using R5's. I'm not even using th hardest compound tire and it's still far past the 290 mark.

If he can use the zonda then i can use the r390 roadcar. It says road car in the name so imma try it. Time to spend money and be succesful... Hopefully. Which rx7 has 100 for n20 setting?

i shall try to get some form of video up as soon as possible......but i can tell you it definitely doesnt wheelie. its actually a lot more stable than most of the other 300mph + vehicles and i didnt even have to change the settings that much. just buying everything possible seems to work with a lot of cars. plus playing around with the final gear so that it gets into 6th about 2000rpm before peak power gives you the best speed off the NOS. i got a saleen s7 to do 290 mph by fitting everything and then setting the gears on 25 so if i play around with the final ratio on that im sure it could get the magic 300.
Oh and im sure the zonda could go faster but it couldnt challenge for the record speed.

hurngt, well done again and yes I would imagine it to be more stable what with being much newer. As for the Saleen, that could work too because as with the Zonda it is not a racing car so it'll be counted. I'm sure it can manage 300mph.

I don't think it can wheelie either Toronado, but I'd still like to be sure. Thanks for confirming my tyre compound theories. Maybe with R1s and yet more tuning the 2D could do the 300... Do let me know whether you've done it or not so I know whether to shell out 1,000,000cr for another 300mph car!

3kgt_1998, the fact that hurngt can use the Zonda does not change the rules in any way for this particular record. The Zonda is a pure road car designed only for the road, the R390 is not. Thus, even if you do get 300mph in it, which I don't doubt, it will not be counted for the road record.

viper, I was going to ask you that as well. Thanks for letting me know, I suppose if I went down to the Tuner Village and got all the bolt-ons I could and then tweaked around on R1s it might happen... We'll see.

DE

Back