Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

• Thread starter Dark Elite
  • 7,722 comments
the tvr speed 12

Attachments

• 24-08-05_0217.jpg
    24-08-05_0217.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 111
I did 295mph with my gillet and i wanna push it over 300 BUT my first mission is to get the buick special over 300 mph it has the power to do it and i wanna get it there

Toronado, that makes it the fastest non-NOS car so far... But can it be the ONLY non-NOS car to be in the club?

goapoison, well done! You're in the club, despite that that's the second slowest speed in here, you still did the big 3-0-0 in a car I gave up on ;)!

Heh viperpilot you don't mention that your 293.9mph in your Supra is thanks to me! No worries about it, I have stopped trying with the Supra because I don't believe it can hit 300. Ah well, feel free to test on with it and prove me wrong!

InZan3... The Gillet is a car I myself won't be testing because, as mentioned, I hate it (lol) but go ahead and give it a shot, it might be capable (I'll still hate it though!). Er.. I cannot see the Buick Special ever getting close to 300mph.. A car like that is just too heavy and too short of power and aerodynamically, well, wrong! LOL if you make me look dumb and hit 300mph in it do let me know, though!

off-topic : Today I bought a Logic3 TopDrive Sprinter, after more than seven years using only DSs and DS2s, and I absolutely love it. Never mind that I really cannot drive with it properly yet, I still love it! It just feels sooo much more real and more fun. DS2 users go out and buy a wheel. You won't regret it!

dark elite please add me to the 300-club, i made 313,73mph with the nissan r92cp race car '92.......with the supra i made 296mph - that's the end of my supra.

Another car my uncle has been playing with was the BMW M5.... 7 speed box, fully tuned but with the help of nos I'm sure he hit 300mph with it... will have to double check that for ya tho... oh and it was at the old le man backstraight away.... I'm fairly sure it's longer than the test course straight 👍 ...

Granted you carn't prove the speed unless by replay 👍

viper, Go ahead and try it, because I think PD made sure it can't be done! Sorry, I need you put a pic/vid to prove your 313 in the R92CP. Otherwise, I can't add you. It's not that I think you're lying, I know the car can do it, but I like proof.

Toronado - Keep trying with the 2D, be the first to get over 300mph without NOS!

Da_Urb - That's a bit far off really, unless you're still working on it and think 300 can be done. I tried a Viper myself and couldn't do it (I got to about 290mph I think)

Nitrous oxide - The M5 GTR Race Car or the standard road car? And the Mulsanne is longer than the Test Course straight but most of us don't use it because it's sooo buummmpyyy lol

Dark Elite
Nitrous oxide - The M5 GTR Race Car or the standard road car? And the Mulsanne is longer than the Test Course straight but most of us don't use it because it's sooo buummmpyyy lol

The BMW M5 road version... there isn't a race version of it I dont think.... if there is thats news to me :P I agree with ya on the bumps tho....

BMW M5 GTR LM or something similar... Oh wait, I think that's an M3 :dunce: That could well be the first roadcar over 300mph then... Check it out and see if it is!

OK viper no problem. I use my webcam for my pics, because it's a nice easy filesize but so long as I have some form of legible proof I can count you in 👍.

DE

okay, thanks.......should i send the picture to the email on your homepage? it could be done tomorrow or so, because my brother is on holiday.....

Yeah it'd probably be best to email it to me to stop clogging up the thread for 56K users (I've been there myself!). Oh, and if you've been to my homepage why didn't you sign the guestbook? Feedback always helps, no matter what it is 👍!

DE

Hey all,

Once again I've broken my own record for the official GT Land Speed Record which was previously 330.69mph but now I've achieved 333.77mph in the Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89.

Picture

Never! That is totally insane!
New Gran Turismo World Land Speed Record Holder - Toyota 88C-V Race Car, piloted by couttsey21.
But- Your signature... Yeah I do fancy beating it, so yeah let's roll! I'm goin for my 88C-V!

DE

Oh yes! I've beaten my record yet again and this time I don't think I can get anymore than this.

338.47mph (544.71kmh) in the Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89!

Picture

I used maximum downforce on this run as well because the car started to slightly rise and then fall back down again and even with maximum downforce it slightly bounced but what can I say to that? :sly:

couttsey21
Oh yes! I've beaten my record yet again and this time I don't think I can get anymore than this.

338.47mph (544.71kmh) in the Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89!

Picture

I used maximum downforce on this run as well because the car started to slightly rise and then fall back down again and even with maximum downforce it slightly bounced but what can I say to that? :sly:
I think it is possible to beat. Granted, I would use a different car, but still possible (runs to GT4 to prove theory).
Edit: 294.18 MPH w/ Chaparal 2D

3 cars in testing can't seem to get over 300 mph! Please help these wonderful cars make it!:

Chevy Corvette C5R (GT1 racer)
RUF CTR2 and the Yellow Bird (I have my doubts about this one)

The vette is giving me an uber tough time by not going over 258!!!!! I'm pissed about this one but with a 962 I think its got the power to get there!

fergamasco, the Wheelie Glitch is a way to take advantage of the game's programming. When you get your car onto the two rear wheels only the speed does not stop rising until the top of the final drive range is hit, making 400mph+ easily possible for someone who knows how speed is gained :rolleyes:. However, it is a glitch and no speeds attained using it will be accepted, as this is LandSpeed Only.

couttsey, stop. Stop right now, you're making me look bad :lol: I shall beat you soon... I hit 329.xxmph and can do more, sooner or later I'll have you! Forgive me, but I'm not even sure the car can do that without wheelieing... I'll have to test it out and see if I can manage it w/o wheelie. Look now what you've done man, I just turned GT4 off and now I'm gonna go back on it! LOL

Toronado, keep going keep going keep going with the 2D! Be the first to hit 300 without NOS, I know you can do it! Plus, really do keep trying because in a few days I might try and it'd be really unfair if I did it before you.

M5_dude, the Chev Corvette is a GT-S Class, not GT1 IIRC, anyway I dunno about it's capability... The Yellow Bird I cannot see managing this, or the CTR2. I'm sure the 'Vette will do more than that though!

DE

Ah ye of little faith... Ye do not needeth a Supra with 10km on it's clock to beat thy target... [/WiseManMode] Just use a normal used one, I hit 294.xx in one with about 24,000mi on it (around 45,000km)! So it's probably possible.

Oh yeah, I've been testing my beloved Skyline (~740bhp R33 '95) to try and get her somewhere near 300 but I've only managed about 270 with her... Hm. Don't think that one's possible. Besides, I don't wanna wear her out, she already has in excess of 40,000mi on the clock! Maybe if I got a new one...

Today I cannot do speed at all, I seem to have lost some form of basic control skill ie. I can't get the 88C-V around the first corner at all! I'll try again tomorrow.

EDIT - viper, I got your record proof - It's pretty fragmented what with being two pics and hard to read but if I squint I can see the point, and anyway the speeds are there. You're in 👍.

DE

Skylines have too poor aerodynamics for breaking 300 mph.. oh well.. maybe one of those JGTC-racer skylines, the one with very slant nose, could do it.. 💡

Yeah, I thought that at first (if you mean that really new one with the LED rear lights), but it's not a road car an I'm really after having the first road car past 300!

M5_dude
3 cars in testing can't seem to get over 300 mph! Please help these wonderful cars make it!:

Chevy Corvette C5R (GT1 racer)
RUF CTR2 and the Yellow Bird (I have my doubts about this one)

The vette is giving me an uber tough time by not going over 258!!!!! I'm pissed about this one but with a 962 I think its got the power to get there!
I would imagine the CTR Yellow Bird having more of a chance of getting there than the CTR2 as it has a higher documented top speed IRL than the CTR2 anyways. No updates on the 2D as of now.

Toronado
I would imagine the CTR Yellow Bird having more of a chance of getting there than the CTR2 as it has a higher documented top speed IRL than the CTR2 anyways. No updates on the 2D as of now.

True, but then again the documented top speed is in stock setting state, so the CTR2 would probably go faster with tuning what with being newer and having more customisation options. Just a guess, if anyone can put me right?

DE

Back