Thrustmaster T-GT III Revealed as Gran Turismo 7’s Newest Officially Licensed Wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jordan
  • 13 comments
  • 1,295 views

Jordan

Administrator
Messages
24,972
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Jordan
Messages
GTP_Jordan
1791019570326.webp
 
Personally I think I would stick with the Logitech RS50 set instead when the next GT titles comes out, pending it has VR support.

If not, Moza would be my alternative choice.

Edit:.Pending that the Corsair / Fanatec association doesn't yield a newer more competitive and slightly more affordable wheel set... otherwise a GT DD Pro 8 equivalent
 
Last edited:
Still not worth it. You could get a Logitech RS50 with 8nm and RS Pedals with a loadcell for cheaper, especially if you use a discount code like KIRETH or GEEKSTREET. No reason to pay $749.99 for a 5nm base with a wheel that's been around for a decade and a long list of reliability issues
 
Still not worth it. You could get a Logitech RS50 with 8nm and RS Pedals with a loadcell for cheaper, especially if you use a discount code like KIRETH or GEEKSTREET. No reason to pay $749.99 for a 5nm base with a wheel that's been around for a decade and a long list of reliability issues
Damn. I took your advice and went on the LogiTech site to see, and that geek street code saved me over 200 bucks.

RS 50 base and wheel plus a set of pedals were 690 bucks total with free shipping
 
Lazy "new" release. It's just a previous base (ugliest I've ever seen) with an even more previous wheel. True that the wheel is good, and I've read they've changed the power connector of the wheel base. But this is not by far good enough to make me switch from my RS50.
 
And in the next 12 months you can probably strike "three" through :D

I think Fanatec is on it's way out of the pd partnership with all the consistent (quality) problems surrounding their products...
Also: Thrustmaster for the european & american market, Moza for the asian market? :D
 
And they still have not yet addressed the power supply disconnects. :lol:


Glad I had mine soldered by a technician. Runs smoothly now, but it shouldn't have ended up with that. :lol:
There's a recall for certain units based on the serial number. I've already entered my ticket and I have to send in the power supply and the wheelbase. Whenever it has the slightest issue I send mine in to make sure I'm still under warranty.

This will be the third time I've sent it in for repair. The first time, they replaced the wheelbase. The second time, they said nothing was wrong and now I have tension on the cable to make it stay in place. With this return they're probably over $200 in the hole in shipping costs with me.

Here's the official notice: https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-us/...s-that-may-affect-the-operation-of-your-t598/
 
Last edited:
There's a recall for certain units based on the serial number. I've already entered my ticket and I have to send in the power supply and the wheelbase. Whenever it has the slightest issue I send mine in to make sure I'm still under warranty.

This will be the third time I've sent it in for repair. The first time, they replaced the wheelbase. The second time, they said nothing was wrong and now I have tension on the cable to make it stay in place. With this return they're probably over $200 in the hole in shipping costs with me.

Here's the official notice: https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-us/...s-that-may-affect-the-operation-of-your-t598/
Problem is, I already had acquired the replacement, and after a few months it gave up as well.

This now prompted me to contact a local technician who offered me to solder the thing and fixed it for good.

wbau2ytz-webp.1529759


dnlrbh8m-webp.1529756



As for the TGT-III, I have seen that it now has a new power supply scheme. It took Thrustmaster THAT long to realize that?


I will stick with my T598 for the time being as it now runs seamlessly. But I have my eyes set on the Moza R16S for Playstation.
 
Back