Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i got this wheel now for 3weeks and its realy great. very smooth, very quik and very very strong. first time i felt what stall force means :) you have to adjust your driving style, taked me arround 3 days.... you realy have to grab it strong, its soo fast in turning :D i had a t500rs before, the small 28" rim is a little disadvantage, i like more the t500 rim, but no problem you can switch the rims as you like:)

best expirience so far is with assetto corsa, awesome! forza7 dont work yet(no ff) and gt sport works very well, but sadly there is no noticable diffrence between gt and normal modus, so nothing with mysterius effects. but this is gt-gimmik is unimportant, the wheel has such great power and is smooth and precize. you dont want play any other wheel again:)

btw, you can easy remove the big gt logo, just 4 little screws:)

buyed it here in germany, brakemod was included.

i got this wheel now for 3weeks and its realy great. very smooth, very quik and very very strong. first time i felt what stall force means :) you have to adjust your driving style, taked me arround 3 days.... you realy have to grab it strong, its soo fast in turning :D i had a t500rs before, the small 28" rim is a little disadvantage, i like more the t500 rim, but no problem you can switch the rims as you like:)

best expirience so far is with assetto corsa, awesome! forza7 dont work yet(no ff) and gt sport works very well, but sadly there is no noticable diffrence between gt and normal modus, so nothing with mysterius effects. but this is gt-gimmik is unimportant, the wheel has such great power and is smooth and precize. you dont want play any other wheel again:)

can you confirm that the pedal set has metal arms on the pedals (rather than the plastic arms on the T3PA)?

And since you were using T500, could you write up for us your thoughts on how the T500 pedals (identical to T3PA-Pro) feel compared to the new T-GT pedal set?

4 screws on backside of the wheel for remove the gt logo:lol:

Attachments

• SDC19403.JPG
    SDC19403.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 129
  • SDC19408.JPG
    SDC19408.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 122
  • SDC19409.JPG
    SDC19409.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 122

So you don't think the T-DFB GT sport exclusive feature isn't worth upgrading? I'm really curious if it enhances roadfeel and grip. For me the T-GT should have been max. € 599. So is this extra "gimmick" worth € 200 in your opinion?

So you don't think the T-DFB GT sport exclusive feature isn't worth upgrading? I'm really curious if it enhances roadfeel and grip. For me the T-GT should have been max. € 599. So is this extra "gimmick" worth € 200 in your opinion?
hi, i cant even tell you if this T-DFB is currently working. i cant feel any difference between "other" & "gt" modus.
i will do some proper testing now.

edit: demo is over now :/

Last edited:
hi, i cant even tell you if this T-DFB is currently working. i cant feel any difference between "other" & "gt" modus.
i will do some proper testing now.

edit: demo is over now :/
Thnx for replying! Hopefully we'all know more when GT sport releases!

I don't like the rim in general. I hope they will release the base by itself in the future. Then I'd get one once my T300 blows up.

Hi guys, im about to buy the T-GT and i wondering if i can use it with the fanatec pedal (clubsport v3)
I heard that i had to use the CPX basherboard
Is the CPX dangerous for the wheel?
Im only on ps4 btw
Thank you

Hi guys, im about to buy the T-GT and i wondering if i can use it with the fanatec pedal (clubsport v3)
I heard that i had to use the CPX basherboard
Is the CPX dangerous for the wheel?
Im only on ps4 btw
Thank you
Cpx should propably work but why don't you just get the CSL Elite wheel if you're going to be using Fanatec pedals and all

I got a great deal on this wheel.
I found the T-GT wheel on this site in belgium at a price of 649€
I don't know if it's a mistake but I went to the Mediamarkt in Germany to buy a cable and saw the T-GT and it costed 799€ and they asked if I had found a better deal and told them about the "alternate site". They checked it and I got it for the same price :D 649€
Went for a charge cable, came back with a Wheel:banghead:

Coming from the T500RS, the T-GT is sooo much beter, more refined, smoother and much stronger FFB.
It's just like night and day, the t500 feels like a toy now.
I tested the wheel with Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 on PC
Next is Raceroom Pcars2 and Wednesday GTSport.

Btw, im using my T500RS pedals, they still look and feel much better then the T-GT pedals.

Cpx should propably work but why don't you just get the CSL Elite wheel if you're going to be using Fanatec pedals and all
For 2 reason
1st im buying the T-Gt only for Gran turismo
2- im buying it in a store who can change immediatly the wheel on 4 Year and cheeper ;)

I got a great deal on this wheel.
I found the T-GT wheel on this site in belgium at a price of 649€
I don't know if it's a mistake but I went to the Mediamarkt in Germany to buy a cable and saw the T-GT and it costed 799€ and they asked if I had found a better deal and told them about the "alternate site". They checked it and I got it for the same price :D 649€
Went for a charge cable, came back with a Wheel:banghead:

Coming from the T500RS, the T-GT is sooo much beter, more refined, smoother and much stronger FFB.
It's just like night and day, the t500 feels like a toy now.
I tested the wheel with Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 on PC
Next is Raceroom Pcars2 and Wednesday GTSport.

Btw, im using my T500RS pedals, they still look and feel much better then the T-GT pedals.
Wow that's a great deal! 799 is waaay overpriced. 650 is reasonable! I'm still going to wait for reviews anyway. The CSL with LC upgrade is 660. So not far off.

I just love the look of that formula black rim compared to the Ferrari f1 rim. Just looks too much like a toy. Almost ordered it last weekend but the rum is not in stock till 29-12-2017!!!WTF!!! So I'm holding off buying the CSL elite.

Do you think it will work in a Dutch mediamarkt? Will all mediamarkt in Germany give that deal?

Wow that's a great deal! 799 is waaay overpriced. 650 is reasonable! I'm still going to wait for reviews anyway. The CSL with LC upgrade is 660. So not far off.

I just love the look of that formula black rim compared to the Ferrari f1 rim. Just looks too much like a toy. Almost ordered it last weekend but the rum is not in stock till 29-12-2017!!!WTF!!! So I'm holding off buying the CSL elite.

Do you think it will work in a Dutch mediamarkt? Will all mediamarkt in Germany give that deal?

I'm not sure, but I think so. I went to the Herzogenrath mediamarkt, it's close to the Netherlands. If you can't have that price, you can always order from alternate.be

And the base only will probably be more expensive than the whole package (like it is with T300 :confused:).

I don't know where you got that from. You can get a T300 base for about 75% of the cost of the cheapest package (RS rim, base pedals).

i find out what is the deepfeedback feature on t-gt wheel. it is just a virbration...... nothing more :( u can activate it by turn on vibration on controller setting in gt-sport menue. vib. on in normal modus = no vibration only ff, vib. on in gt modus = vibration and ff

its a very poor feature, just constant vibration, like full effects in gtr2. i think this is not very healty for the wheel......

i find out what is the deepfeedback feature on t-gt wheel. it is just a virbration...... nothing more :( u can activate it by turn on vibration on controller setting in gt-sport menue. vib. on in normal modus = no vibration only ff, vib. on in gt modus = vibration and ff

its a very poor feature, just constant vibration, like full effects in gtr2. i think this is not very healty for the wheel......

I do like the effect, It's not like normal vibration but it really feels like a buttkicker. And I can actually feel it through my cockpit, and even in my pedals.
(Obutto revolution cockpit) So I think it's a great feature, and I hope you can turn up the power of the vibration somwhere to futher enhance the effect.
Too bad it only works for GT Sport at the moment.

I do like the effect, It's not like normal vibration but it really feels like a buttkicker. And I can actually feel it through my cockpit, and even in my pedals.
(Obutto revolution cockpit) So I think it's a great feature, and I hope you can turn up the power of the vibration somwhere to futher enhance the effect.
Too bad it only works for GT Sport at the moment.

Is it worth getting over CSL with LC pedals?

Kids and gentleman, it's time to clear up confusion;
The T-DFB feature you're all wondering about is not simply "vibration like you'd feel on a dual shock controller". I smiled when I read a comment claiming just that in a previous post. Its laughable to think that'd be the case. There are engineers at guillemot thrustmaster that get paid close to 6 figures researching and implementing technologies such as DFB.
Dumb acronym aside, DFB is additional hardware attached at the end of the base. It's that thing that looks like a giant puck. That's called a transducer. Sort of like a speaker, but primarily produces "vibration" rather than sound, especially in the low end frequency range.
What Thrustmaster have done already exists in sim racing to a certain extent. Sim Vibe software (sim commander 4) from Sim Experience, reads telemetry from PC racing sims and converts it to a proprietary audio signal that is meant to be sent to one, or a series of, transducers. Other names for these things are called butt kickers and bass shakers. They're as cheap as 30$ and as much as 500.

So essentially the telemetry from Gran Turismo is converted to a signal that is sent to the transducer on the back of the T-GT.

I'll be doing an episode of tech drive life on YouTube covering this in more detail. (Not the wheel, just the feature and why it's good).

If you have no idea what simvibe is, or what sim experience is, I'd highly recommend you check them out first and watch the tutorial videos to get a better idea of just how significant transducers are.
In short, they add incredible immersion to any sim racing setup. By a mile, it is the most significant jump in immersion that you can do for your setup if you're sim racing on PC.

So what thrustmaster have done is something similar, except it's all sort of built in, and the transducer is attached to the wheel. -which is fine, and here's why...

When I was tinkering with butt kickers and sim vibe (sim commander 4 software) on my old 8020 rig, I tried something new. I mounted the butt kicker that was originally near the floor on my rig, and switched it to right behind the wheel, on the center rail, but still out of the way so it didn't hit my legs.
The effects I used we're typical of the "seat" mode in sim vibe, (engine rpm, road bumps, gear shift clunks, etc) - except I added some additional effects, such as speed based white noise, and road texture, etc.
The results were incredible. The wheel felt like it was attached to something alive. Bare in mind, that effect was already felt throughout the rig, but it added something even MORE when it was felt throughout the steering wheel! It sort of tricks you into thinking you're getting the most advanced and detailed force feedback ever conceived. But in reality it's a unity between two different pieces of hardware, connected in perfect sync with software.
The coolest thing it did was it "masked" any notches or imperfections in the steering sensations, no matter what wheel. It masked the harsh spikey feedback from the osw when MMOs ran with low filter settings. It masked the notchy belt ridges that you can feel when turning the TS-PC. The effects felt through the wheel are what make you feel the illusion of smoothness. Once I discovered this little bit of knowledge, I always ran a buttkickers or bass shaker close to the wheel and programmed a proper preset in sim commander software.

Sorry to run on there, but the main point is, the transducer on the back of the T-GT is MUCH more than a glorified "rumble pack." I heard great impressions from those who have tried it with GT sport.
But since the DFB feature is only available when playing GT Sport, it's potential to be tweaked and explored by the end user in a PC sim is sadly lost unless thrustmaster decide to make that someday available, if it's even possible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back