Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the new website.

T3PGT_zpst09trckt.jpg
Ah, that page has stopped giving errors and actually works now :)
Ok, it's clear now. So upgraded T3PA with the plastic foot rest (which I like, its comfortable to use) and improved pedal arms.

I hope they added the extra screw threads from the T3PA Pro arms since they allow you to mount the pedal faces in a wider set of ways than the single row of screw threads on the plastic T3PA arms.

Gosh, $800 and no shifter - come on man!

I remember how excited I was when I got my Fanatec Carrera GT wheel, that came with a shifter (my first sim-racing wheel). Sure, I got tired of hearing that nasty *click*click* noise with every shift, but I sure didn't spend any money on a better one.

A shifter should not be an add-on for these expensive items!!!

Besides the G29, are there any other wheels that come with a shifter out the box? One that is belt-driven?

Last edited:
Ah, that page has stopped giving errors and actually works now :)
Ok, it's clear now. So upgraded T3PA with the plastic foot rest (which I like, its comfortable to use) and improved pedal arms.

I hope they added the extra screw threads from the T3PA Pro arms since they allow you to mount the pedal faces in a wider set of ways than the single row of screw threads on the plastic T3PA arms.

Yes...I said that. :)
The big question is, the pedal mechanic, can separation be solved?
I separat and I turned it over (invert) my Logitech G27 pedals. I would like to do this as well.
IMG_0338.jpg

Besides the G29, are there any other wheels that come with a shifter out the box? One that is belt-driven?

The old wheels (G25/G27) came with the H-shifter. The T500 is no longer complete package. The TH8RS is came separate. The complete package it was 680€! (5 years ago)
The new wheels, G29, T150, T300, (and CSL & T-GT of course) all product, come without a shifter.

I stand before the difficult decision. G29 is not option for me. T500 os not fully compatible with PS4.
T300, T-GT or Fanatec CSL Elite (with loadcell brake)? I don't no.

The old wheels (G25/G27) came with the H-shifter. The T500 is no longer complete package. The TH8RS is came separate. The complete package it was 680€! (5 years ago)
The new wheels, G29, T150, T300, (and CSL & T-GT of course) all product, come without a shifter.

I stand before the difficult decision. G29 is not option for me. T500 os not fully compatible with PS4.
T300, T-GT or Fanatec CSL Elite (with loadcell brake)? I don't no.
I'm in the same boat.
Well, for me it's the CSL Elite or the T-GT.
I feel that in it's designed environment, ie. GTSport, the T-GT would actually come out on top.
But otherwise, it's the Fanatec for me.

I'll sit on the fence a little longer and see what the guys from ISR etc. have to say on their reviews.

My main concern about the T500 now is if it will work in the next gen games. Hope it works, i remember that the PS4 didn't have any wheel at the beginning of it's life cycle. I don't know, i just bought another T500 last week, i should be patient and buy a CSL, but i would have to wait to buy a used one here in Brazil, and that could take a whiiiile!

I'm in the same boat.
Well, for me it's the CSL Elite or the T-GT.
I feel that in it's designed environment, ie. GTSport, the T-GT would actually come out on top.
But otherwise, it's the Fanatec for me.

I'll sit on the fence a little longer and see what the guys from ISR etc. have to say on their reviews.

One good option, we wait the Fanatec Black Friday action. :)
But i have a TH8A! It will work that way?

Other option for me, T300 and Fanatec Loadcell 3-pedal set. (+TH8A)

dam i need only the base,so i can use my ferrari wheel and t500rs pedals.hope thrustmaster will release a base.so it will be much cheaper.

My main concern about the T500 now is if it will work in the next gen games. Hope it works, i remember that the PS4 didn't have any wheel at the beginning of it's life cycle. I don't know, i just bought another T500 last week, i should be patient and buy a CSL, but i would have to wait to buy a used one here in Brazil, and that could take a whiiiile!

i think where safe in ps4 in this generation of games.the question will be if it will support the next generation console like the ps5.

Last edited by a moderator:
At €800, that thing should be compatible with PC and XBox. Actually, all wheels should be. I can't imagine the adapter/driver development for the different systems being so complex.

There's no way I'm replacing my T150, which I can use on PS4 and PC, just for a nicer PS4 wheel.

At that price I would expect it to be better than the CSL and honestly be closer to the CSW2.5. But I suspect that the GT name drags a premium along with it. Will be interesting to see reviews.

Very sceptical, I'm betting it's no different than the fake effects sliders you get the option to add in every PC sim which gives you more car effects because we aren't sat in a car but isn't realistic to what you'd actually feel through the wheel.

I'm curious to hear the reviews about this T-DFB, i have to say, it looks like marketing talk, change the name of things to "T" and make it look new and better.
I think these vibrations will be created by this:

%D0%92%D0%95%D0%9D%D0%A2%D0%98%D0%9B%D0%90%D0%A2%D0%9E%D0%A0-png.653481

and they will be longitudinally felt on the steering wheel.

Без име.png

I think it most were looking at some simple software optimization for the hardware. Kind of like Fanatec wheels in Assetto Corsa.

One thing that concerns me is that the stock wheel rim looks like it's pretty heavy. I don't think that is going to do any favors in terms of driving feel and responsiveness. The Ferrari 599 wheel and Fanatec's lighter wheel rims are a good example of this.

Makes me wonder how it compares to Fanatec CSW V2.5

It seems that the motor and other internals are pretty much the same as in Ts-pc and based on the reviews I have seen the TS-PC seems to be pretty equal to the older CSL elite wheel. Also the fact that Thrustmaster hasn't really shared any real specs of the wheel base kind of makes it look like that the base won't really compare to the better Fanatecs..

What!! No DD!!?!!

Blah, blah....

Too many people obsessing over the current buzz term. If this wheel proved to be as good as a CSW v2/v2.5 or an ECCI 7000 (none of which are direct drive), it would be a great deal. Direct drive has certain advantages, but far from has a monopoly on good ffb.

There's also the fact that most sensible sim racers never expected it to be a DD base. The gasping is a bit silly really.

Well the hype it being DD was created by gtplanet itself.
There is a reason DD has such vocal supporters. I wouldn't buy/suggest any of the higher end belt driven wheels now. For 700 T-GT does not look a great deal at all.
I don't play racing games on consoles anymore though.

What!! No DD!!?!!

Blah, blah....

Too many people obsessing over the current buzz term. If this wheel proved to be as good as a CSW v2/v2.5 or an ECCI 7000 (none of which are direct drive), it would be a great deal. Direct drive has certain advantages, but far from has a monopoly on good ffb.

There's also the fact that most sensible sim racers never expected it to be a DD base. The gasping is a bit silly really.
This is nearly the price of a DD. DD wheels also don't lose ffb over a session. Less moving parts. I don't see any advantages to a non DD wheel apart from price, but that's not really the case here. Also no official console support but you can get around that.

Considering its not direct drive, and doesn't have load cell pedals, you're effectively paying for a new rim and a clutch pedal, why would you go for this over any other Thrustmaster product currently available???

I'm also led to believe that its Playstation exclusive? Cant be used on PC? If that's the case then this has compounded my belief of this being pointless. I'm a massive Thrustmaster fan boy, I have a T500 with an F1 rim already. I want to upgrade to direct drive and load cells. But its looking likely for the price my money is best kept towards the Fanatec CSL elite, which isn't direct drive but has load cell pedals and is extremely close to this in price,

Considering its not direct drive, and doesn't have load cell pedals, you're effectively paying for a new rim and a clutch pedal, why would you go for this over any other Thrustmaster product currently available???

I'm also led to believe that its Playstation exclusive? Cant be used on PC? If that's the case then this has compounded my belief of this being pointless. I'm a massive Thrustmaster fan boy, I have a T500 with an F1 rim already. I want to upgrade to direct drive and load cells. But its looking likely for the price my money is best kept towards the Fanatec CSL elite, which isn't direct drive but has load cell pedals and is extremely close to this in price,
What about CSW2.5 + CSL P1 rim? That's the route that's looking likely for me (also a T500 owner). On PC you can use your T3PA-PROs together with it. Or were you looking for something compatible with the PS4 also?

Back