Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about CSW2.5 + CSL P1 rim? That's the route that's looking likely for me (also a T500 owner). On PC you can use your T3PA-PROs together with it. Or were you looking for something compatible with the PS4 also?

Yeah I want a PC/ PS4 compatible product, if I just stayed on PC I would just shell out for PT-1 pedals and get a better wheelbase when mine kicks the bucket,

This is nearly the price of a DD. DD wheels also don't lose ffb over a session. Less moving parts. I don't see any advantages to a non DD wheel apart from price, but that's not really the case here. Also no official console support but you can get around that.
Losing ffb? The non-DD units I mentioned don't either.

From around a year ago in this very thread......
Direct Drive is totally overhyped. I have tested all wheels on the market intensively and they certainly have some advantages but also heavy disadvantages like huge torque ripple and some of those expensive, overhyped wheels just feel horribly rough and not even close to a real car.
Making a cheap DD Wheel is easy but that does not mean that any DD wheel will automatically be better than the best belt driven wheels out there.

Nobody has seen the specs of this new wheel but I could understand TM very well to rather go for a decent belt drive wheel than making a bad performing but cheap DD Wheel.

Having said that, we will come up with both DD and belt driven wheel bases as they both have their advantages.

The main point I'm making is that people seem to have caught on to direct drive as a buzz term, making it the pivot point for judging the validity of an "expensive" new wheel. It's silly. There are non-DD wheels out there that cost more than this Thrustmaster one will, and people who certainly aren't idiots are buying them.

I still don't understand what makes this more expensive than the T300.
Two things:
1. The TS-PC base offers around 60% more torque than the T300, and according to owners who have tried both it seems to be even slightly smoother than the T300 as well.
2. Thrustmaster have gone for much better cooling on the TS-PC. There's actually a fan built into the motor, plus an exhaust fan. T-GT looks the same. This means the wheel will exhibit much less FFB fade during longer sessions, as also found by owners of the TS-PC wheel.

Now the T300 offers just about enough torque so that you only need to help it out sometimes to ensure that the steering and front wheels are aligned. The more power you add, the more situations where the wheel can simulate self-aligning torque without needing to be helped.

The combination of low drag (for a belt wheel) and an estimated 6Nm torque from the motor Thrustmaster is using in the TS-PC (and therefore probably the T-GT) should be enough for most situations. You will still need to help it a little when drifting or in some unusual oversteer moments, but otherwise you can just let go of the wheel and it will simulate self-aligning torque properly.

So I been waiting for over a year just to get kicked in the nuts? If It´s the same wheel why not release it side by side with the TS PC racer?

The wheel T-GT is a very good steering wheel, but I would like to say something to Thrustmaster. Dear Company, you made a good wheel, I saw that the price is between 700 and 800 Euros or $, do you think is fair to give that pedal set at that price? I believe this is an offense for people who buy this wheel, at least you suppose to give the T3PA pro. let me tell you that at 650 euros people can buy FANATEC CSL ELITE ( for PS4 and XB1) with a very good pedal set. What's your problem Thrustmaster? What do I have to suppose to do? To buy another pedal set? I don't think so, I am sure a lot of guys will buy Fanatec. Think about Thurstmaster, think well.

The wheel T-GT is a very good steering wheel, but I would like to say something to Thrustmaster. Dear Company, you made a good wheel, I saw that the price is between 700 and 800 Euros or $, do you think is fair to give that pedal set at that price? I believe this is an offense for people who buy this wheel, at least you suppose to give the T3PA pro. let me tell you that at 650 euros people can buy FANATEC CSL ELITE ( for PS4 and XB1) with a very good pedal set. What's your problem Thrustmaster? What do I have to suppose to do? To buy another pedal set? I don't think so, I am sure a lot of guys will buy Fanatec. Think about Thurstmaster, think well.
Please be fair to them.
TM is using a completely different distribution system which eats up a lot of margin and make the products more expensive. At the same time you have the advantage of looking at them in a local shop.
They can never compete with our price performance because we are selling directly to consumers.
If we would have to go through dealers then our CSL Elite racing wheel would cost much more than 800,- because of the much higher material costs and specs we have. We would not be able to use a metal steering axis, load cell brake or all the LEDs and displays for example.

You cannot compare apples to oranges.

This is interesting:

%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B9-png.653693

The extra effects hardware of the wheel made for GTS - are they going to allow other devs to use them on PS4/PC? Seems such a waste otherwise...

As they've listed on their Official Website I can use PayPal & PayPal Credit as a result! Soon as a Date's been Announced I think I'm going to set down a Pre Order :) That way I can split the payment over 4 Months at 0% equalling £175 Per Month & Free Delivery to the UK as well

EDIT: Also It's been Listed on the Amazon French Website below - https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01HRYDV0M/

I saw a tweet today from an Aussie games shop with a much earlier date.
2 months ahead of GTS, which seems unexpectedly early.

Whattttt, That's crazy. Used to Live in Australia. Wish I still did to get It 2 Months early! I need a wheel right now! :(

Whattttt, That's crazy. Used to Live in Australia. Wish I still did to get It 2 Months early! I need a wheel right now! :(
To my mind it's difficult to believe, so I'm reluctant to trust the tweet.

But these guys run a professional show.
So either they've accidently got it horribly wrong, or it is what it is.

We'll know in a months time. ;)

Usually there would be reviews online before you can buy a new TM wheel in actual shops. This feels bizarre.

Usually there would be reviews online before you can buy a new TM wheel in actual shops. This feels bizarre.
Yeah well, not as bizarre as the price. Here in Denmark, the price is well over twice that of the T300 Ferrari Integral (599XX suede rim + T3PA pedals), and about 3 times as much as the vanilla T300RS.

Back