Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

• Thread starter Pennzoil23
  • 640 comments
If i put 2 red springs is that 100kg loadcell? What about 80-90kg,which springs i have to put?
You'd also have to set the calibration tool to 100% to get the full amount of load cell. Knowing how many kg's isn't really important though, it's how it feels best for you.

Is there any downside of using grey and black spring with 50 brake force? Would it be better then potentiometer?

I found that with red spring or bigger brake force im focusing too much with how much to press brake

Got my V2R bushings in today. Gonna try them out this week. I'll report back.

I ordered the 3 pack (white, black, red) and to my surprise they sent an additional purple bushing. Which seems to be extra soft.

Did a little bit of racing yesterday and the bushings are interesting. For some reason they feel a little odd to me.

I started with the purple since it was the softest. I used it with the red spring and it felt ok. Nothing spectacular to be honest.

So then i switched it out for the white bushing and it felt a little better to me but still not quite the "feel" i like.

So then i tried the black bushing and its pretty damn hard, i have to stand on the brakes to squish it. I have a homemade wood rig thats fairly solid and the pedals sre inverted. So i didnt like that one too much.

Then i tried the white and purple (no red spring) and it felt wierd and i didnt like it. It was almost too soft but didn't quite have the resistance im used to (no spring pushing back). More like they just deflate. Then release and come back slowly. Its odd

So im conflicted.

Im currently running the pedals with 2 custom metal springs that are 32kg and 35kg in force and i love the feel. The red springs from TM are 30kg for reference.

I'll need more time with these bushings.

Last edited:
Have the T3PA pro pedals currently, way too light under the foot, not at all realistic are these T-LCM pedals any better ? Do owners recommend this as a worthwhile upgrade?
You could consider a load cell modification for your T3PA Pro as a cheaper option.

I have this mod for my T3PA http://www.loadcellmod.com and it is superb. He has just added a T3PA Pro version to his product line.

Set my T-LCM tonight.
Found that 68 on the brake force felt quite good, needed a bit of a shove but not excessive, I think around 38-40kg gets me to full braking (too high brake force pushes the seat back on the Playseat Challenge).

But with the stock springs (black 20 and grey 15) there was just too much pedal movement at full braking.

So swapped grey 15 to red 30 and put 3 washers in the middle to reduce the movement for that same force and also minimise that initial soft zone.

Feels pretty good now, little bit of pedal movement but not too much.

Only negatives so far:
Edges of the pedal plates feel a bit rough and like they are grating on my socks.
And the sliding friction with the rod feels (and sounds) a bit too high, I'll need to get some more grease on it I think.
Lastly the throttle pedal is too light. I'll see how I can improve that.

But from a 5 minute blast in dirt rally 2, it feels pretty good, nice solid pedal. Looking forward to trying it out in gt racing next with ACC. Not sure I'll be any quicker but they certainly feel good

Last edited:
Set my T-LCM tonight.
Found that 68 on the brake force felt quite good, needed a bit of a shove but not excessive (too high brake force pushes the seat back on the Playseat Challenge).
But with the stock springs (black 20 and grey 15) there was just too much pedal movement to hit full braking.

So swapped grey 15 to red 30 and put 3 washers in the middle to reduce the movement for that same force and also minimise that initial soft zone.

Feels pretty good now, little bit of pedal movement but not too much.

Only negatives so far:
Edges of the pedal plates feel a bit rough and like they are grating on my socks.
And the sliding friction with the rod feels (and sounds) a bit too high, I'll need to get some more grease on it I think.
Lastly the throttle pedal is too light. I'll see how I can improve that.

But from a 5 minute blast in dirt rally 2, it feels pretty good, nice solid pedal. Looking forward to trying it out in gt racing next with ACC. Not sure I'll be any quicker but they certainly feel good

I love mine. Lucky for me i run them inverted so the clutch is the gas so i have the stiffer spring

Do you have any pictures of it installed?

It looks basically normal. But there are two little rubber(?) pieces that go inside each spring. Those pieces can compress a tiny bit before getting really firm. Then there is one rubber piece that goes on one of the pieces that hold the springs in. Nox3D said to use the white and brown springs, but I found the black and brown springs, with all the washers inside the preload spring felt the best.

I’ll probably mess around with configurations also using the V2R one at some point, but I’m happy with it right now

Attachments

• CDDA56FB-B455-460D-8A77-A538178607F5.jpeg
    CDDA56FB-B455-460D-8A77-A538178607F5.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 185
  • E25A37BE-B571-44A3-9784-02C1DFC426AE.jpeg
    E25A37BE-B571-44A3-9784-02C1DFC426AE.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 183
It looks basically normal. But there are two little rubber(?) pieces that go inside each spring. Those pieces can compress a tiny bit before getting really firm. Then there is one rubber piece that goes on one of the pieces that hold the springs in. Nox3D said to use the white and brown springs, but I found the black and brown springs, with all the washers inside the preload spring felt the best.

I’ll probably mess around with configurations also using the V2R one at some point, but I’m happy with it right now

I have the Apex mod but im not sure if i like the feel. I still need to use it more to see how i like it.

I have the Apex mod but im not sure if i like the feel. I still need to use it more to see how i like it.

Yeah I liked the feel at the end of the pedal travel with the V2R, but even with the red spring at the top, it just made the top of the pedal travel feel mushy. The Nox3D mod has less travel at the top and feels more gradual. I have a V2R mod that I cut in half, I may throw that in place of the washers and adjust the threaded rod on the bottom of the pedals to make room for it.

Yeah I liked the feel at the end of the pedal travel with the V2R, but even with the red spring at the top, it just made the top of the pedal travel feel mushy. The Nox3D mod has less travel at the top and feels more gradual. I have a V2R mod that I cut in half, I may throw that in place of the washers and adjust the threaded rod on the bottom of the pedals to make room for it.

I didn't even think about cutting them in half! Thats a good idea.

Did you get 1 or 3 mods? I got the 3 pack and they threw in a purple one as well (its super soft).

Last edited:
Anybody using this with Gran Turismo Sport? No issues with linearity / calibration?
The T-LCM pedals work perfectly with GT Sport, much better than the T3PA Pros I used before. You can read my earlier post about them HERE

Have in mind that you'll need a PC if you want to change the pedal settings (e.g. dead-zones, maximum braking pressure etc.)

Last edited:
I now have used the pedals for 5 months or so, and I generally like them. Especially the throttle is very precise and smooth.

The brake feel is still not how I like it even after excessive tweaking. I have come to realize this is because of the nature of using only springs.

Now I'm wondering, what if you could use the dampers that are in the CSL elite for example, to get a better brake feel?
I cannot find a place to purchase these anywhere. IMO it is better to use that kind of material than a spring.
I still find myself relying on "memorizing" pressure required rather than naturally driving and trail braking.
FYI I use 2x red, without the preload spring, and use a bit of cork to generate preload and to make the end of spring travel more damped.
BF is at 65. I dont have a proper rig so I cannot use higher forces.

Most people complain about memorising travel on non - load cell brakes and go on to say how it's so much better to memorise force!

What pedal input / load curve are you looking to acheive?

Most people complain about memorising travel on non - load cell brakes and go on to say how it's so much better to memorise force!

What pedal input / load curve are you looking to acheive?

I want to go a step beyond memorizing - I want to feel when the brakes are at 50% or more, for example by using (stiffer) dampers for the second half of travel.
In complex trail braking zones I still tend to lock up now when pushing hard.
Maybe the 3Drap foam mod is good for this?

If you're looking for a kinda 'knee' point then you need a spring that fully compresses at this force so the pedal goes from a linear force increase to that point and then turns solid. However very difficult to modulate a solid pedal.

So yeah as a more feasible option the foam mod might work (you should still a change in stiffness at some point but it won't be so abrupt so easier to control).

That said, I haven't tried a foam mod yet so don't know for sure the characteristics of how it transmits the force into the LC

Last edited:
The T-LCM pedals work perfectly with GT Sport, much better than the T3PA Pros I used before. You can read my earlier post about them HERE

Have in mind that you'll need a PC if you want to change the pedal settings (e.g. dead-zones, maximum braking pressure etc.)
Hello Sir, just a few questions. I have a t300rs. Haven‘t done a firmware update since i bought them in August 2019 because i don‘t own a pc.
I only Play GTS on Ps4 and would like to know if they are Plug and play out of the Box, or will i have to update my Wheel to make them work.
If i change the springs, would i have to recalibrate them everytime? I mean, i‘m only going to use them for GTS.
Thanks in regards.

The calibration changes how hard you need to press the pedals to get full braking.
The springs change how much the pedal moves at full brakes.

So you don't *need* to recalibrate when you change springs if you're happy with the force. I think it's set about 2/3 of the highest force as standard which is pretty good for most people. And then you can just change the springs weaker if you like a lot of movement or stronger if you want the pedal really firm. You'll still have to press it the same strength tho to get the same braking

However you may need to update your wheel firmware to get it compatible with the new pedals

Last edited:
Back