Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals

• Thread starter Pennzoil23
  • 640 comments
Haha, ahh yes, I forgot about that :embarrassed:

I contacted a polyurethane seller on ebay. They said they can do custom sizes so i emailed about the same size as i got but in 40A, 50A, and 60A.

Hopefully they can make me some and i can get on with it.

Otherwise its not financially beneficial.

Id rather just buy the Apex kit at that point if the price goes about $25-30

Last edited:
Well the custom sizes probably aren't happening.

The quote i got was wayyy high.

We'll see if i can find a cheaper seller

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-060558_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-060558_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I ordered some softer urethane springs, 60A. Hopefully they give me the feel im. Looking for
Hope it works out for you this time 👍

I've just ordered the rubber grip covers, but not for the added grip (although these new plates aren't as good as the ones that came with the original T-GT pedals imo). The aluminium plates are far too cold for bare feet atm so this is an easy solution.

tlcmrubbergrip_1000x1000_1.jpg

I've just ordered the rubber grip covers, but not for the added grip (although these new plates aren't as good as the ones that came with the original T-GT pedals imo). The aluminium plates are far too cold for bare feet atm so this is an easy solution.

I made something similar for my old pedals, I found the plates were cold in the winter too...and when doing extended sessions at tracks with high throttle percentage my foot would actually start getting sore with the constant pressure being applied.
I made mine out of 4-5mm thick high density foam, and cable tied them on. It actually worked really well, kept warm and comfy in the winter and being a thin HD foam you couldn't notice any extra 'travel' in the pedal.

I am going to make another set for my T-LCM pedals as well ... hopefully over the weekend, as its cold here too at the moment :).

Has anyone used these pedals un-mounted? I upgraded from a G29 to the T300 a few months ago and while I love the wheelbase and the rim (the Ferrari Alcantara), the T3PA pedals it came with are utter garbage. I seriously can't believe how bad they are. The G29 pedals are miles ahead imo.

So been considering getting the T-LCMs but I don't have the space for a rig or anywhere to mount them. Was wondering if they would be usable un-mounted with maybe the absolute softest spring configuration on the brake?

View attachment 946927

Thanks,

I race in socks myself. I know what you mean about the right foot getting a little aching after a while.

Has anyone used these pedals un-mounted? I upgraded from a G29 to the T300 a few months ago and while I love the wheelbase and the rim (the Ferrari Alcantara), the T3PA pedals it came with are utter garbage. I seriously can't believe how bad they are. The G29 pedals are miles ahead imo.

So been considering getting the T-LCMs but I don't have the space for a rig or anywhere to mount them. Was wondering if they would be usable un-mounted with maybe the absolute softest spring configuration on the brake?
Try using some double-sided VHB tape to keep them in place on the floor if it's not carpeted. I agree the T3PA pedals are garbage. I used to like Thrustmaster quite a bit, but after replacing all my TM gear for Fanatec gear, its leaps and bounds better. The price is leaps and bounds higher though too.

I decided to order some compression springs as well to see if they're stiffer than the red ones that come with the pedals.

One spring is 33 lbs/mm and the other is 84 lbs/mm

Lots of experimenting is gonna happen next week.

If anyone has the tools to measure the rate of the 3 springs the pedals come with, that would be wonderful

Try using some double-sided VHB tape to keep them in place on the floor if it's not carpeted. I agree the T3PA pedals are garbage. I used to like Thrustmaster quite a bit, but after replacing all my TM gear for Fanatec gear, its leaps and bounds better. The price is leaps and bounds higher though too.

This is a simple but fantastic idea that I would have never thought of! Thanks so much :cheers:
I have vinyl floors so double-sided tape will work well. Between the tape and pushing them back against the wall, I think it should be okay.
Might end up picking them up then.
Cheers mate!

The springs came in today. Holy hell they're stiff!! I cant cant compress them haha.

I'll see how the bushing is tomorrow. I might have to get a softer spring if the bushing doesn't feel good. We'll see.

Edit:

I found some springs on eBay. They're coming from China so we'll see when they show up. Much cheaper than from the stores here in the US.

Last edited:
So i got some 60A poly bushings in to play around with.

It feels ok, but not great. The amount of travel that is lost is, undesirable. I might get some different sizes to see how they compress.

So the little experiment continues.

I do have some springs coming in that are hopefully stiffer than the red ones.

We'll see, ill update as i get them in.

I got my springs in today. They are definitely stiffer than what comes with the pedals. I'll get to try them out later tonight after dinner.

Ok, so i finally got some seat time with the new spring installed.

Its rated at 40kg, (i assume its to compress it fully) and its definitely stiffer than the red spring.

I've been running two red springs since i got the pedals. Bit i always felt like it was missing some "feel". It just seemed very linear, then when you bottom out the springs it was just full stop.

So i started looking for a solution, and i tried finding urethane bumpers, but they decrease travel way too much, at least the ones i got. It cut travel in half, if not less to be honest, and i didnt like that.

So i started looking into stiffer springs and i finally found a solution that i like personally.

I only ordered 4 springs in different stiffness levels but ive only tried the softest one so far (40kg). Im using it with one red spring that comes with the pedals and the feel is definitely improved.

There is definitely more progressive feel since even at max braking in ACC, the new spring isn't completely compressed (i run the brake pedal at 98% in the thrustmaster software).

Bit im still playing with it and im gonna try the stiffer ones as well to compare.

Il report back. But so far im happy.

Been racing more with the new springs amd so far im linking the combo of the new 50kg spring along with the red spring from thrustmaster.

It gives it a very nice progressive feel. Also i changed the brake load cell setting to 100%.

Now once the red spring compresses fully then the new 50kg spring (yellow) and its gets to about 80% compression before i hit 100 braking in ACC.

So it retains a good feel without bottoming out and giving that odd feeling of a full stop before max braking like when using the 2 red springs.

So far so good and im pleasantly surprised with the feel im getting.

I ordered 3 other springs of different rates to try and get this spot on for my feeling.

Ill report back, im sure it'll be a while since its coming from china to the US

I just started looking for these pedals, and it looks like they're sold out and on back order. Are these pedals currently available anywhere? Preferably in the U.S.

Now that some of you have had the t-lcm for few months now, still think that it was good investment? Much better than g29 pedals?
Those on stock at pc store near me, and little tempted to pick one up. :lol:

Now that some of you have had the t-lcm for few months now, still think that it was good investment? Much better than g29 pedals?
Those on stock at pc store near me, and little tempted to pick one up. :lol:

They’d be a big upgrade over the G29 pedals.

Ive had an issue with the clutch pedal spring and gas pedal spring making some noise, the clutch one was an easy fix, I haven’t checked on the gas pedal one yet as it just popped up. I got one from the first batch in Feb, I believe they pulled them off of the market for a tiny bit to fix a couple issues a while back so these may be one of those

They’ve functioned perfectly the whole time though

So got the pedals today, had to return the first set, because the loadcell wire was cut inside the insulation. :confused:
In one positoin the sensor did work, and small movement in the wire stopped the pedal working.
New set was ok. :cheers:
I installed the red springs and made stopper inside the lower spring from alu tube. So I use only the free play spring and top red. Feels super real 👍
Also love the smooth and precise throttle :)

I got some springs in that i really liked. 35kg and 40kg combined feels very good to me.

I needed to buy some washers and sleeves to make sure they work as well as the oem springs. But no issues at all and the pedal feels great.

Trying one more thing with spring lengths and ill report back.

Back