Thrustmaster T150/TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheels

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 385 comments
Very tempting but must resist. Can't think of a console game I want to play with a wheel at the moment. Hopefully my G27 lasts for a few more years and there is a new Premium GT wheel next year to upgrade to.

When spinning the wheel, every wheel with a motor will make noise.

The big difference is not the noise when the wheel spins a long way, but the rattle when you have things under control and drive over bumps or kerbs. That's where the G2x is likely to be louder. And unless you are a drifter, the rattle accounts for much more than the noise spinning the wheel around long distances.

Just for the record....... I was pretty sure, but I just checked with no audio for good measure. My ECCI 7000 is nigh on completely silent. The little squeaks generated by my hands against the leather of the rim are many times the volume of anything I can hear from the innards of the beast, during any type of ffb event. As a reference point, I consider the whirring of Porsche type Fanatec wheels' belts to be very loud.

So it's do-able.

So. £110 for a T150 or £180 for a G29. Which one is best? G29 has better pedals but a dead zone in the feedback, T150 doesn't have a dead zone but worse pedals. (Easily replaced though).

G29 is noisier than a T150, and it's an older design overall (mechanically and electronically) than the T150.

The T150 is a newer design, but it's all fairly well-proven electronically and mechanically) since it's basically a 900-degree version of the Ferrari Force F430 wheel (which itself was a newer design than the G27).

The G29 pedals are supposedly pretty good (even better than the G25/G27 pedals), but if you already have G25 or G27 pedals, they can be used with the T150 using the BPA-TX-G27 Pedal Adapter from Bodin Solutions (pretty sure the Ricmotech G27 adapter will also work with the T150, but I can't confirm that).

@Saidur_Ali Shame that. I'd already bought the G29 before I heard of that offer. The T150 offer had ended as well. Then it came back after I'd bought the G29!

Can't see the appeal of the G29 -- aside from additional console compatibility, it's just an overpriced G27, IMO. :(
At £180? It is a brilliant wheel compared to the DFGT it has replaced. A G27 would be completely pointless when there's a PS4 to take into account. I get that tech wise it's no different but it is what it is.

Had the T150 still been on offer on Amazon at the time I would probably have gone for that instead but I'm perfectly happy with what I've got.

I want to buy this wheel but it looks too plasticy. Can someone who has one give any idea how it compares to the t300 in term of the rim.

I just bought this wheel for £110 and it got delivered this morning.

Default settings on Pcars and it is a lovely bit of kit for the money.

Plastic with rubber inserts but still feels like a quality product.

I'd thoroughly recommend it if, like me, you baulk at spending £300 odd on a gaming accessory.

I have a xbox one and a gaming pc but there is nothing like this in the price range compatible with the xbox one.
Should i buy it or are they gonna release a xbox one version:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm tempted to buy the EU version and having it shipped to the US, but it looks like the power supply is internal in the EU version so I'd have to buy a converter. I wish the US version would go on sale today lol.

Last edited:
I've just acquired one of these thanks to Black Monday (well, it was Monday when I ordered it so...).
I am looking at buying a wheel stand to go with it. Does anyone have one of these wheels and have a wheel stand that they would recommend (I'm completely useless DIY wise and would like to have a purpose built stand)?

The Amazon site points you in the direction of ...

"The Ultimate Steering Wheel Stand in Black - suitable for Logitech, Xbox, Madcatz and Thrustmaster" but their website does not list the T150 in the compatible wheel list.

Is this wheel stand any good, and is it compatible?

Is there a better alternative for a similar price (I've only spent £110 on a new wheel, I don't want to spend much more than £50 for the stand therefore)?

Many thanks in advance!

I've just acquired one of these thanks to Black Monday (well, it was Monday when I ordered it so...).
I am looking at buying a wheel stand to go with it. Does anyone have one of these wheels and have a wheel stand that they would recommend (I'm completely useless DIY wise and would like to have a purpose built stand)?

The Amazon site points you in the direction of ...

"The Ultimate Steering Wheel Stand in Black - suitable for Logitech, Xbox, Madcatz and Thrustmaster" but their website does not list the T150 in the compatible wheel list.

Is this wheel stand any good, and is it compatible?

Is there a better alternative for a similar price (I've only spent £110 on a new wheel, I don't want to spend much more than £50 for the stand therefore)?

Many thanks in advance!

check the wheel standpro, i have used it with dfgt and t100 and it's excellent, now i m waiting my t150 to arrive (also made order from amazon on black Friday)

I bought the Thrustmaster T150 today and here is my comparison with Logitech Driving Force GT

Positives:
The steering wheel looks more sturdy and better built than the Logitech.The force feedback is smoother,little faster,more silent,you can feel the oversteer and going over the curbs little better.The paddles shifters are much better and the pedals resolution is also much higher in Thrusmaster T150.
Also the pedals are slightly heavier.

Negatives:
Big dead zone in the pedals.
The steering wheel resolution in Thrusmaster T150 is lower than the Logitech DFGT.
Here in this screen
прожект карс.png

The Logitech DFGT passes through every single digit,while the Thrustmaster T150 passes through three digits(but you will not notice difference during gameplay)
The Thrustmaster T150 overall strength of the force feedback is little weaker than the Logitech DFGT.

This test is made on PC with Live For Speed and Project CARS.

Last edited:
No,you will not notice difference during gameplay.
Low power on the T150 is a surprise... I don't suppose you are able to run iRacing wheelcheck on the wheel to see how much power it actually has?

Get it here

Based on wheelcheck results, the DFGT can rotate a maximum of around 110 degrees in 0.3 seconds (so it can do 360 degrees in 1 second), as shown in this graph
This is compared to 120-150 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a G25, 180 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a T300 and 240 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a T500 (my own results in the graph below). I was expecting the T150 to at least equal a G25. Certainly not below DFGT speeds.

Low power on the T150 is a surprise... I don't suppose you are able to run iRacing wheelcheck on the wheel to see how much power it actually has?

Get it here

Based on wheelcheck results, the DFGT can rotate a maximum of around 110 degrees in 0.3 seconds (so it can do 360 degrees in 1 second), as shown in this graph
This is compared to 120-150 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a G25, 180 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a T300 and 240 degrees in 0.3 seconds for a T500 (my own results in the graph below). I was expecting the T150 to at least equal a G25. Certainly not below DFGT speeds.

I mean it is too light,lighter than DFGT,not enough torque.
This link does not work for me because I do not have Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
Tried out my T150 last night after purchasing one on sale and i have to say very disappointed, definitely comparable only to a DFGT and not in the same league as the G27. Anyone who thinks it's an alternative to a G2x wheel is sorely mistaken with the exception of console compatibility.

In terms of rotation speed i think the wheel can rotate when it wants to (due to FF) very fast, but it doesn't free spin. This makes drifting near impossible if you are flicking the wheel as it has to mechanically turn itself through the degrees of rotation as it's damping?/weight is slowing it down. If the FF doesn't want to spin it anymore it will just catch, and kill your slide. This happened horribly on GT6 on PS3 but was slightly better with Assetto Corsa on PC. For grip driving it feels like there's way too much artificial weight on the wheel, all of the FF is drowned out by the wheel weight, so you're constantly fighting it. To put this in context when the wheel is not powered you can't flick it and free spin the wheel at all, it grabs and stops immediately.

I might give different settings a try but i think the limitations of the wheel are too much, my beat up old G27 is a much better performer atm so i think i'll have to sell up or take my chance on a T300 and hope it isn't shonky. Interestingly i see lots of positive reviews on this wheel, particularly on amazon customer feedback, but they seemed to be more from newcomers to sim racing. I don't know what ISR were smoking during their review. Objectively i think if you are used to a G2x wheel or above i don't think you'll be happy with a T150. I'm curious to see more GTP users weigh in with feedback.

I just bought this wheel for £110 and it got delivered this morning.

Default settings on Pcars and it is a lovely bit of kit for the money.

Plastic with rubber inserts but still feels like a quality product.

I'd thoroughly recommend it if, like me, you baulk at spending £300 odd on a gaming accessory.

I kinda feel this way as well, and definitely didn't want to hear lip from my wife lol. I went ahead and picked this up along with a set of t3pa pedals. I'm coming from the DFP and T80, so I don't think it will be much a let down to me lol.

Wow I didn't expect the T150 to have even lower FFB than DFGT. I expect it to be comparable to the G25/27 at least. I think I might have to splurge on the T300 for my next wheel after all :indiff:

I think Logitech Gxx users are facing the most headache when faced with next gen compatibility. Logitech G29 is too expensive for the same tech. T150 is well priced but is a downgrade. T300 is too expensive. And none of them comes with the peace of mind reliability and 3 pedal set + shifter out of the box.

Wow I didn't expect the T150 to have even lower FFB than DFGT. I expect it to be comparable to the G25/27 at least. I think I might have to splurge on the T300 for my next wheel after all :indiff:

I think Logitech Gxx users are facing the most headache when faced with next gen compatibility. Logitech G29 is too expensive for the same tech. T150 is well priced but is a downgrade. T300 is too expensive. And none of them comes with the peace of mind reliability and 3 pedal set + shifter out of the box.
That's because your starting to see actual user reviews instead of "reviews" from people who have a financial gain by hyping Thrustmaster. There was no way this wheel was going to compete with the G series. Every video I have seen shows the massive internal resistance like the DFGT, but that part doesn't seem to make it to video, yet its the first thing I noticed without even touching the wheel. How can you do a hands on without mentioning the most important fact of sim wheels, internal drag.

Latest Posts

Back