Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started the rma process for my wheel because the fan doesn't even come on when the motor gets hot. I end up getting considerable ffb fade....when I exit the game the fan starts to work lol...and the fan sounds nasty too. I will ask for a refund and buy from shop 2....the wheel is less than 30days old so should hopefully get one.

Anyone else doubt that the T300RS will be released in Sept. (in the USA)? Less than a week left and I can't find an actual release date, nor a product listing at Amazon, nor Gamestop, nor BestBuy, etc.

Jerome

Last edited:
Anyone else doubt that the T300RS will be released in Sept. (in the USA)? Less than a week left and I can't find an actual release date, nor a product listing at Amazon, nor Gamestop, nor BestBuy, etc.

Jerome

Best bet is pre-order this week but still wouldn't get shipped until mid-October. Looking to get a new wheel for PS4?

Has anyone use discoazul.co.uk ?
if you look closer they are based in Spain I believe. This place has both versions in stock and at a good price too. I emailed them a few times last week and they can get them to you in 3-4 days apparently. I was going to pull the trigger then saw Amazon was pre ordering them. I have ordered from Wheel Stand Pro nl before and had no problems plus they accept Paypal.

ShopTo.net have just changed the Release date to 17-10-2014

You're right, but I thought the wheel was already released in Europe?

I chatted with an Amazon.com rep today and they had no idea when the wheel would become available for pre-order. The rep will email me when the wheel is available for pre-order, when that happens, I'll report back here 👍

Jerome

if you look closer they are based in Spain I believe. This place has both versions in stock and at a good price too. I emailed them a few times last week and they can get them to you in 3-4 days apparently. I was going to pull the trigger then saw Amazon was pre ordering them. I have ordered from Wheel Stand Pro nl before and had no problems plus they accept Paypal.

Thanks
I think I will just stick with my amazon pre order. Im just being to eager + it £50 more.
I just have to wait :(

You're right, but I thought the wheel was already released in Europe?

I chatted with an Amazon.com rep today and they had no idea when the wheel would become available for pre-order. The rep will email me when the wheel is available for pre-order, when that happens, I'll report back here 👍

Jerome

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterRacingTeam?hc_location=timeline

Thrustmaster T300RS will be available in the US inend of September!
Introducing state of the art next generation Force Feedback Technology: Thrustmaster Brushless Force Feedback !

Well I placed a pre-order on Amazon UK for the T300 GTE. Managed to get another £17 off the price too by getting them to match the Amazon.it price: Link

There appears to be two listings for this wheel on Amazon.it so got lucky that they matched the price.

Week after driveclub but plenty of time for project cars.
I'm going agree with you, plenty of times for Project Cars...I'll get T3PA and TH8A before project cars.

I keep research about price in Australia and I found one site really cheap where I bought T300RS.

Hopefully F1 2015 next year so I can buy F1 wheel lol.

Going by some other deals I've seen for T500RS and TX Racing wheel, not sure if I should stick with the T300 GTE order and wait instead for hopefully a Gran Turismo bundle with better pedals included. So much cheaper Caseking.de is with TX Racing Wheel plus TH8A shifter or any other add-on for only 289.90 euro, that is a big saving if they do them kind of deals for T300 in the future.

Hi,
I am new in this thread and I apologise if I ask questions that may have been answered in the 13 pages before already.
I currently play GT6 on my PS3 with a Logitech Driving Force EX (2 pedals only, no clutch, and I can pull the FF cable because I prefer to play w/o FF).
Anticipating Drive Club and Project Cars, I bought a PS4 and a T300RS.
After I installed the T300RS on my PS3 I was completely shocked about
1.) the strenght of the FF (even in position 1 FF is WAY TOO STRONG (for me));
2.) the rotation angle 1080 degrees leeds to situations where I have to steer cross-handed through hairpins or even change the grip! Currently you can change the wheels angle of rotation (see description below), but that doesn't work properly in GT6, as you have to re-do it again each time you start a new game or even if you just restart the current race!!!
3.) The resistance of the pedals is way too high (for me), coming from Logitech where there is nearly no resistance at all and even in my real life car, the resistance of the pedals is much lower.

After driving 20-30 minutes using the T300RS, I have cramps in my arms and feet and even holding the car on a straight road isn't easy, given the strenght of the FF.

My main 2 questions are now:
1.) Does anybody know a way to reduce the strenght of the pedals-resistance to a normal level?
2.) Does anybody know a way to reduce the strenght of the FF (a possibility to switch off FF alltogether would just be great and I would owe the person a :cheers:
3.) Changing the wheels angle of rotation is a GT6-problem as I understand (see Note 2 at the bottom of the picture below; I managed to change it to 270 degrees but with this setting no car is driveable!). This may be better resolved in DriveClub and Project Cars!?

In short: I would like to behave the T300RS very similar (or the same) as the Logitech Driving Force EX.
Anybody can assist me to achieve that?

P.S.: I definitely don't miss the clutch pedal as I most of the time drive with Automatic, and for shifting with the paddles... who needs a clutch pedal?

Thank you very much in advance!

How%20to%20manually%20change%20the%20wheels%20angle%20of%20rotation.JPG

@EmaNymton,

Option 1) See above, you should zero problems selling it.
Option 2) Hope Polyphony Digital/SMS/Evelution Studios release in game FFB options to suit your needs.
Option 3) Drive with it for a few weeks, make sure everthing is mounted nicely, especially the pedal set so that you can use your whole leg to push against the brake, and see if your muscles adapt.

Sounds to me like you purchased the wrong wheel. You probably should of just got yourself a Thrustmaster T80. It has everything your looking for. No FFB, 240 degrees rotation and very weak pedals. All for about a third of what you spent. http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Officially-Licensed-Racing-playstation-4/dp/B00JDYMQ9C/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411771322&sr=8-1&keywords=t 80 racing wheel

Hey,
first of all many thanks for your hint and link!
Looks like I should just have read the thread, asked my questions and then order a wheel! :banghead:
However, I have just ordered a T80 from Amazon, spending yet another 88,- € is not such a big deal.
It is just that the customer Reviews (at Amazon) are mixed, but I'll see myself.
If I don't like it, I can still try to get to grips with my T300RS (and have 2 spare wheels in any case, one cannot have enogh wheels :mad: )
Thank you really very much for your help!

@EmaNymton,

Option 1) See above, you should zero problems selling it.
Option 2) Hope Polyphony Digital/SMS/Evelution Studios release in game FFB options to suit your needs.
Option 3) Drive with it for a few weeks, make sure everthing is mounted nicely, especially the pedal set so that you can use your whole leg to push against the brake, and see if your muscles adapt.

Thank you too, Dankeschön!
ad 1) I will not sell it again (I have sent it back once but re-ordered it again after I had to find out that Logitech wheels will not be supported on PS4, so I thought it is the only 2-pedal wheel from Thrustmaster for PS4).
ad 2) I'll see that only when the games are available...
ad 3) I have a PlaySeat and everything is fitted to my measures, but it still is quite different from what I was used since YEARS! Maybe to send it back was a premature shock-reaction and I should have given the wheel some weeks to get used to it (as you said).
Anyway, I can now do this AND I have an alternative!
Vielen Dank nochmal!
P.S.: How come you have a German flag when you live in Toronto? :confused:

Hey,
first of all many thanks for your hint and link!
Looks like I should just have read the thread, asked my questions and then order a wheel! :banghead:
However, I have just ordered a T80 from Amazon, spending yet another 88,- € is not such a big deal.
It is just that the customer Reviews (at Amazon) are mixed, but I'll see myself.
If I don't like it, I can still try to get to grips with my T300RS (and have 2 spare wheels in any case, one cannot have enogh wheels :mad: )
Thank you really very much for your help!
Most of the bad reviews come from it having the features you find appealing. For most of us no FFB and 240 degree rotation is a no go, but it your case its a plus. I think you will find its exactly what you want from a wheel.

Thank you too, Dankeschön!
ad 1) I will not sell it again (I have sent it back once but re-ordered it again after I had to find out that Logitech wheels will not be supported on PS4, so I thought it is the only 2-pedal wheel from Thrustmaster for PS4).
ad 2) I'll see that only when the games are available...
ad 3) I have a PlaySeat and everything is fitted to my measures, but it still is quite different from what I was used since YEARS! Maybe to send it back was a premature shock-reaction and I should have given the wheel some weeks to get used to it (as you said).
Anyway, I can now do this AND I have an alternative!
Vielen Dank nochmal!
P.S.: How come you have a German flag when you live in Toronto? :confused:

Bittschön!

Wow that was a quick purchase you made thanks to fatkrakr!

Yes the in-game stetting may change in GT6, alot of people were very surprised to find the strength of both T500 and T300 to be sufficient at low settings (1-3) after the 1.12 update last week. So maybe PD will tweak something again soon.

The Logitech EX is an ancient wheel so clearly you may just need to get used to what the wheel is doing and also learn what the wheel is telling you with all it's movements, you're new to that feeling but it helps alot with letting you know of the g-forces the car in undergoing, something in a videogame that's easy to underestimate..

I hope you stick with the T300!!!

Born and raised in Germany, I moved to Canada with my parents when I was 15, so I'm dual-citizen, but I've been back and forth the last several years and next year should be moving back permanently. (Deutschland ist bei weitem das bessere Land!)

the gte rim works with ps4? if i look at it has several less buttons like ps button and x, square and so on.
Cause here in italy gte is 284€ and base ps4 rim is 369,99€...
thanks

Hey guys,

Im also a proud owner of the t300. At the moment i use it exclusivly on the ps3 and i got 2 questions.

1. my coolingfan starts pretty early (id say 5 minutes into the game) and i can hear it as soon as the sound drops out (e.g. If you have a loading screen). Did you guys experience the same thing? Is the fan clearly hearable for you too? Its not too loud while driving, but it feels like sitting infront of the playstation while in the menu :D

2. espacially in the gt6 menu i sometimes feel slight forcefeedback. Its very minor but the wheel vibrates a little bit and that is quite confusing while in the menu.

Greetings

the gte rim works with ps4? if i look at it has several less buttons like ps button and x, square and so on.
Cause here in italy gte is 284€ and base ps4 rim is 369,99€...
thanks
It works with PS4 and has same functionality, just different layout. I wonder if the T300 stock pedals are potentially the best Thrustmaster have for driving fast? (Hopefully they don't have a deadzone like the T500RS pedals). I decided to stick with my T300 GTE order as hopefully it doesn't have the FFB fade the G27 has and hopefully it is more comfortable in the hands and it will be good to have PS button / switch back.

It will be fun to give the sim below a go with new wheel too, quite close to the real wheel. It is quite funny though that it doesn't have static paddles with it as the real car does.

It works with PS4 and has same functionality, just different layout. I wonder if the T300 stock pedals are potentially the best Thrustmaster have for driving fast? (Hopefully they don't have a deadzone like the T500RS pedals). I decided to stick with my T300 GTE order as hopefully it doesn't have the FFB fade the G27 has and hopefully it is more comfortable in the hands and it will be good to have PS button / switch back.

It will be fun to give the sim below a go with new wheel too, quite close to the real wheel. It is quite funny though that it doesn't have static paddles with it as the real car does.

thanks, but i don't get how it can have the same functionalities with 3 buttons less cause i do not see x, square, circle, triangle and not even ps button.

I'm confused, the new ts300 wheel has paddle shifters, how come their is a 3 pedal adapter supported by it? or are the 3 pedal adapters for some other wheel?

Back