Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well seems that this t300 has a lot of problems.. good to know it's the only decent and affordable wheel for ps4. What a mess and what a pity do not supporting logitechs.

I have this outstanding order for a new t300gte on amazon.. but damn, i'll follow the discussion cause not i'm worried.

This is very grim reading I was 95% sold on this wheel now I just dunno.:indiff::indiff::indiff:

T500RS is always an option. For all that I know it comes with proven reliabilty and much better pedals. When you add up a T300RS and a TP3A it's pretty close to what a T500RS would cost. There's still at least 4 years of support for T500RS on PS4.

Why do you say at least 4 years?
My guess on the lifespan of current-gen consoles (PS4/XB1) before next-gen consoles comes out. So you can rest assure that your investment on T500RS will be compatible with most racing titles for the next 4 years, at least for consoles.

Unless there's new development in FFB/Wheel technology. Perhaps a consumer grade direct drive wheel as opposed to current belt driven wheels that Thrustmaster and Fanatec are using. But this is pure speculation.

All I can say is that the T500RS is worth every penny. Just based on the price that it hasn't really come down that much for so long tells you the quality.

My guess on the lifespan of current-gen consoles (PS4/XB1) before next-gen consoles comes out. So you can rest assure that your investment on T500RS will be compatible with most racing titles for the next 4 years.

Oh ok, well we've seen the PS2 receive 12 years of support, the PS3 now has nearly 8 years of life behind it with tons of consoles continuing to fly off the shelf, my guess it will also reach a 12 year lifespan and so hopefully PS4 sticks around for at least 8 years. :P

not working too? do they solve it?

Mine is working but on TX launch there was quite a number that just died pretty much instantly. When I talked to support about other issues they claimed to have fixed that. Of course there is always bad eggs so to early to see a trend :). Mine is running without a hitch.

T500RS is always an option. For all that I know it comes with proven reliabilty and much better pedals. When you add up a T300RS and a TP3A it's pretty close to what a T500RS would cost. There's still at least 4 years of support for T500RS on PS4.
There have been good deals regarding T500RS which made it close to T300RS price and I'm sure there will be for T300RS, maybe under £200 but personally I prefer the T300 base as by the looks of things, it is quieter, smoother and delivers better FFB, smaller size but not as strong but has PS4 native support. T500RS has had issues regarding reliability too, would rather have their latest electronics and if it goes wrong then there is good warranty support by the sounds of things and hopefully it starts working as intended for the long term. I wonder how fast it responds too, I know T500RS got updated from 120Hz to 500Hz but I wonder if T300RS is as fast or even faster than that.

Pedals, I wonder if the stock T300RS pedals might be the best for lap times. If it has the quickest response with little to no deadzone compared to the other pedal sets then it looks like it will be one I will prefer. Hopefully also there will be better pedal sets, maybe even ones that have FFB by Thrustmaster.

http://community.us.playstation.com...view-of-the-Thrustmaster-T300RS/td-p/44355748

"Those of us in North America will have to wait until "the middle of October" for our new toys. "

I knew the end of Sept. date wouldn't happen since you can't find the wheel ANYWHERE : / Lame.

Jerome
That is when it looks like there will be more stock for EU too, will be good if the extra time spent is for reliability fixes.

i have my order placed on amazon but release date has not been stated yet. Hope to get the new version if one will be made. However i'm so bored with all this new stuffs i'm forced to buy in order to enjoy new games.. su full of problems, patches, compatibility issues, firmwares, DLC and so on.

i have my order placed on amazon but release date has not been stated yet. Hope to get the new version if one will be made. However i'm so bored with all this new stuffs i'm forced to buy in order to enjoy new games.. su full of problems, patches, compatibility issues, firmwares, DLC and so on.
It's strange that you have placed an order with Amazon but got no "release date" yet!?
I have ordered mine and received it 3 days later!
And if you look up Amazon.de
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00KSXV274/
they have "only 2 left in stock"!
So it is immediately available there!
I just hope that mine is not one of those who "die" due to some failure in production or whatever it may be that makes them die away!?

In general, it seems that ordering early is not a wise thing to do these days.
The early charges of products have bugs and failures more and more often.
See the Apple iPhone 6+ (breaking displays), the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 seems to have problems with too much room between display and frame and so on and on.
Reson seems to be that companies "have to" maximise profit, thus bringing products to market earlier all the time even though they are not completely ready yet, and the early adopters are paying the price, which btw. most of the time is dropping if you wait a few weeks or months...

I know, you'd think I would learn especially after buying the CSR Elite wheel. But, for me it's worth the risk to have the product earlier and roll the dice.

Just ordered one.
Should be here by Thursdays :P

Unfortunately the T3pa pedalset does not seem to be available yet in the Netherlands:(
Gives me some time to save up for it with the TH8a

Boys will be boys :cheers:

Anyway, how's the wheel though?

Well,
I have to admit: I am amazed by the T300RS! :bowdown:
Whereas I first received a T80 this morning (88,- EUROs at Amazon, ordered Saturday morning 01:05, delivered today, Tuesday 09:18 !!!).
This T80 has some "funny" bungee-cord inside which simulates sort of false FF, getting stronger the more you turn the wheel. :banghead:
I got pissed with this and since I was always used to driving without FF from my Logitech Driving Force EX, I just opened the T80 and cut the bungee-rope. So now there was no resistance at all any more, even less than the Logitech with FF switched off! In other words: now this T80 is undriveable! :yuck:

So with a deep sigh of resignation, I opened my new T300RS-box and installed it. First I only installed the wheel and left the pedal-set from the T80 since that was the only thing I liked with the T80, and since the plugs look identical, I thought the T300RS wold work with the T80 pedal-set.
This was an error, it doesn't! :banghead:
So I installed the T300RS pedal-set too and went to the actual Seasonal Super-Lap at Monza in GT6 and I was surprised, how good I got along. And finally, in my 22nd lap of getting used to the new wheel, I even managed to better my best lap I drove with the Logitech still by 0,196 seconds, something that I tried but failed with the Logitech since days!
So if it takes only 22 laps to get more than used to a new wheel where I was used to driving w/o FF for YEARS now, then this wheel cannot be all bad! :cool:
Just 2 things concern me a bit now that I start to like my new wheel:
1.) The reports coming in of T300RS wheels dying away after just a short use and
2.) the fan went on (audiable) but stopped again 5 minutes after I stopped driving. Don't know if this is wanting to tell me something, but I guess it's normal (otherwise: why should the have added a fan?).

So my Rating currently would be ***** for this wheel, solid, heavy, easy to mount on my play-seat, stable, made from metal (not plastic), so it makes a very robust and worthy Impression.
I'm happy with it now and have made my peace with it! :D

Just ordered one.
Should be here by Thursdays :P

Unfortunately the T3pa pedalset does not seem to be available yet in the Netherlands:(
Gives me some time to save up for it with the TH8a

Amazon Germany say the t3pa will be available October 15th!
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00LY1XURO/
Whereas I still fail to understand why some People want to have 3-pedals pedal-sets! :confused:
Who Needs a clutch-pedal even when you drive with Manual shifting, with the paddles no one Needs a clutch any more!
Even though I have to say: I would miss the clutch-pedal very much in my real life car (Toyota GT86)!
No Automatic IRL! 🤬

http://www.amazon.de/Pedalset-TX-Racing-Wheel-T3PA/dp/B00LY1XURO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412100383&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster t3pa pedals
Whereas I still fail to understand why some People want to have 3-pedals pedal-sets! :confused:
Who Needs a clutch-pedal even when you drive with Manual shifting, with the paddles no one Needs a clutch any more!
Even though I have to say: I would miss the clutch-pedal very much in my real life car (Toyota GT86)!
No Automatic IRL! 🤬
When I buy a T3pa I'll also buy a Th8a shifter.
With my G25 I try to use the same shifting methode the car has in real live.
And plan to do so with the T300 as well ;)

When I buy a T3pa I'll also buy a Th8a shifter.
With my G25 I try to use the same shifting methode the car has in real live.
And plan to do so with the T300 as well ;)
Nice Approach, but Manual shifting makes me much slower in racing games (GT6), so I prefer Automatic with all cars. I never got a quick lap whith Manual shifting (even though I have friends who tell me it's quicker than Automatic), but it detracts me from driving when I have to think too much about when and where to shift, costs me seconds regardless on which track.
IRL it's different, but I don't drive races IRL (but funny enough: the Automatic Version of my Toyota GT86 is slower than my Version with Manual shifting! Needs 1 second longer to reach 100 km/h and top Speed is lower by 7 km/h !).

What a lunatic!
1.) It's not the wheel we are discussing here
2.) what does he want to tell us? Not much really, except that he has 3 Screens and
3.) he's even wearing gloves! :banghead:

http://www.amazon.de/Pedalset-TX-Racing-Wheel-T3PA/dp/B00LY1XURO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412100383&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster t3pa pedals
No Automatic IRL! 🤬
I agree 100%, no need for clutch pedals anymore! Especially if you want to go FAST!

go6
I agree 100%, no need for clutch pedals anymore! Especially if you want to go FAST!
That only applies to GT games. Its not that why in most other racing sims.

Edit: If the car being driven has a clutch in real life.

Noticed the price for the T300RS has gone up in the UK in both Amazon and ShopTo, T300 GTE is still well priced so good to get that while you can if you want to get it early at a reasonable price.

That's a tricky one. Here the T300RS/GTE is showing around €340 and the T500RS is showing around €370, so indeed it's a tiny difference.

T500RS benefits: Known to be robust (all issues have been solved in the current GT6-branded version), much better pedals, huge comfortable fixed paddles, larger 30cm rim which weighs less and gives a hint more FFB feel (iirc the 30cm GT rim without paddles weighs 1.1kg, the GTE rim with paddles weights 1.25kg and it feels a tiny bit more sluggish in comparison), PS4 in-game support confirmed for all known PS4 race sims (but not PS4 menu support)

T300RS/GTE benefits: PS4 full support, brushless motor (less notchy, less internal resistance so the rim spins more freely), rotating paddles, able to use the TH8A shifter directly connected to the wheel instead of needing to plug it via USB

Obviously I'm teasing about the paddles: I like the big chunky T500RS fixed paddles and the larger GT rim enough that my alternate GTE rim stays in the box 95% of the time. If you have a different opinion you can solve the paddles issue on the T500RS by buying a GTE rim, but that costs another €80.

I'd probably go for the T300RS for maximal PS4 support and the best FFB possible. There are loads of pedal options (including the ricmotech $20 G25/27 pedal adapter) available should the 2-pedal set turn out to be unacceptable.

Nice for those who haven't yet decided. Didn't know about the GT-branded T500RS improvements. Either way, both wheels will last as long as PS4 until next-gen comes along. Wouldn't be surprise another PD/Thrustmaster collaboration when GT7 comes out.

Last edited:
My T300rs was delivered today.
What an amazing wheel.:bowdown:
Set the FFB setings to 5 and 8 and it feels great.

The pedals however......not so much.:indiff:
My old G25 pedals are bettter.
So I'll need to wait until the T3pa pedalset comes available here, as I sold my G25.

My T300rs was delivered today.
What an amazing wheel.:bowdown:
Set the FFB setings to 5 and 8 and it feels great.

The pedals however......not so much.:indiff:
My old G25 pedals are bettter.
So I'll need to wait until the T3pa pedalset comes available here, as I sold my G25.
Or Clubsports Pedal+CPX adaptor ;)

Back