Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
go6
I'm confused, the new ts300 wheel has paddle shifters, how come their is a 3 pedal adapter supported by it? or are the 3 pedal adapters for some other wheel?
The 3 pedal set is intended to offer higher quality pedal feel (including a progressive stiffness brake) and is intended to be used with the TH8A shifter for driving cars which you wouldn't want to drive with the paddles.

In all race sims using an H shifter is optional. As is using the clutch. If you don't need either then the only reason to get the three pedal set is potentially due to it offering more robust and firmer feel. But the need for that depends entirely on how you find the stock 2 pedal set.

thanks, but i don't get how it can have the same functionalities with 3 buttons less cause i do not see x, square, circle, triangle and not even ps button.
I was also concerned about this so before I ordered I looked at the manual and it shows the following:

sp90xx.png

I was also concerned about this so before I ordered I looked at the manual and it shows the following:

thanks Saidur, you have been really helpful. I placed the order on amazon.it for the t300rs GT at 284€. Release date not yet visible so i'll wait some news from amazon. They have also t300rs playstation version at 369,99€ with 31/10 release date.

Last edited:
go6
I'm confused, the new ts300 wheel has paddle shifters, how come their is a 3 pedal adapter supported by it? or are the 3 pedal adapters for some other wheel?

The T300RS doesn't come with a H pattern shifter but you can buy an add on: TH8A Add-On Shifter along with the T3PA pedal set.

T300: PS3™ / PS4™ / PC button mapping layout

T300 RS: PS WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING

T300_PS_PC.jpg

T300 RS: PS WHEEL - “PS3™ / PS4™” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_PS_PS3-PS4.jpg

T300 RS: FERRARI 458 GTE WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_GTE_PC.jpg

T300 RS: FERRARI 458 GTE WHEEL - “PS3™ / PS4™” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_GTE_PS3-PS4.jpg

T300 RS: GT WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_GT_PC.jpg

T300 RS: GT WHEEL - “PS3™ / PS4™” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_GT_PS3-PS4.jpg

T300 RS: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “PC” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_F1_PC_Normal.jpg

T300 RS: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “PC” ADVANCED MAPPING
T300_F1_PC_Advanced.jpg

T300 RS: FERRARI F1 WHEEL - “PS3™ / PS4™” GENERIC MAPPING
T300_F1_PS3-PS4.jpg

Attachments

• T300_GTE_PC.jpg
    T300_GTE_PC.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 39
My T300 just died. At first the force feedback faded and then it just went out. Is that a known issue? couldn't find anything.
Good luck I found there customer service absolute **** when questioned on shopto selling there product £80 cheaper.

Poor products are what happens when you are forced to buy.

$400 for what seems to be a good wheel with a crap set of pedals and no shifter. Add $100 for a decent set of pedals and $150 for a shifter and now your up to $650. I guess early adopters always pay a premium as well as having to deal with the growing pains (issues) with any new product. Best of luck to you brave souls :cheers:

I'm mainly worried about the reliability of the wheel and if potentially it is a fire hazard as hearing about 3 failures of the wheel on here and going by previous reviews of the TX wheel, it does not give me much confidence they have fixed the issue that causes the wheel to die so quickly. Just hope that the new batch fixes any issues and that is the reason why it is taking extra time to release, would think it is also in their best interests to make a reliable wheel as I imagine it costs them a lot of money having to constantly give replacements out. Shame it is not a 3 year warranty like the Logitech G27, would give better peace of mind but at least it is two years.

In the two weeks that I have my T300 RS, it went off center already two times.

I have read about that issue with the T500 RS, so I did the same steps to completely recenter the wheel. I found the steps in the web (see below). My question, does anyone have a clue how often you can do this (bold part)?
When I was in contact with the support center about another issue, I asked if they know how often I can do the procedure, but they just ignored my question.

* PROCEDURE TO PERFECTLY CENTER THE WHEEL
1) Once the wheel is connected (and after the wheel has calibrated itself), turn the wheel completely to the left and then completely to the right.
2) Next, move the wheel to its perfectly centered position.
3) Simultaneously press and then release the “START + SELECT + MODE” buttons.
4) The wheel’s new central value is automatically and permanently saved in the wheel’s internal Flash memory
(note: do not repeat this procedure each time you reconnect the wheel).
IMPORTANT: Be sure not to not use this procedure too often, since there are a limited number of times that changes can be written to the wheel’s internal Flash memory.
= This procedure must be used only to modify the factory setting of the wheel’s central value.

well seems that this t300 has a lot of problems.. good to know it's the only decent and affordable wheel for ps4. What a mess and what a pity do not supporting logitechs.

I have this outstanding order for a new t300gte on amazon.. but damn, i'll follow the discussion cause not i'm worried.

This is very grim reading I was 95% sold on this wheel now I just dunno.:indiff::indiff::indiff:
Might be the failure rate instead :lol:, this song seems fitting for the recent Thrustmaster wheels:

I wonder if there is a revision marking on the wheels and if there is potentially a V2 wheel for the new batch of wheels that are to set to release in a few weeks time, might make me keep my G27 for a little longer going by seeing how many are failing or having issues that will likely lead to failure soon. @WildRun do you know anything about a new revision since launch at all?

Hey its me again,

So my wheel worked again today, at least for a while, played half an hour. I guess its an overheating issue and the wheel just shuts down instead of weaking the forcefeedback (which its supposed to do according to the manual). But i just had the wheel for a few days and will replace it.
Btw if it works the t300 its a blast and i even like the pedals coming from g27 pedals.

In the two weeks that I have my T300 RS, it went off center already two times.

I have read about that issue with the T500 RS, so I did the same steps to completely recenter the wheel. I found the steps in the web (see below). My question, does anyone have a clue how often you can do this (bold part)?
When I was in contact with the support center about another issue, I asked if they know how often I can do the procedure, but they just ignored my question.

hey when i emailed them about this issue they sent me a pdf which is slightly different, maybe that limited number is for t500s only or maybe they decided to not include it

CHECKING AND RESETTING THE RACING WHEEL'S CENTER VALUE
 Checking the racing wheel's center value:
- On PC, access the Control Panel, then adjust the rotation angle to 1080°.
- Place your racing wheel's axis on the 50% marker, then check that your racing wheel is
physically perfectly centered.

 Reconfiguring the racing wheel's center value
(If the racing wheel is slightly off-center in the Control Panel)
- If using a PS3/PS4, we recommend performing this procedure in the PS3/PS4
system's menu (not in a game).
- If using a PC, we recommend performing this procedure via the Windows® Desktop
(not in a game), after exiting the Control Panel.
1) Connect the racing wheel's USB cable (on PS3/PS4 or on PC), then wait for the
auto-calibration phase to end.
2) Turn the racing wheel fully to the left (until you reach the stop).
3) Turn the racing wheel fully to the right (until you reach the stop).
4) Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this
position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously :
* SE + ST + MODE buttons on the “GT wheel”
* BO + WET + MODE buttons on the “F1 whee”
* SCROLL + RIGHT LEVER + MODE buttons on the “458 Challenge GTE Wheel”.
5) The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour.
This means that the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the
device's internal memory (you do not need to repeat the procedure every time you
connect the racing wheel); this applies to all of the T500's wheels (GT, F1, etc.).

Hey its me again,

So my wheel worked again today, at least for a while, played half an hour. I guess its an overheating issue and the wheel just shuts down instead of weaking the forcefeedback (which its supposed to do according to the manual). But i just had the wheel for a few days and will replace it.
Btw if it works the t300 its a blast and i even like the pedals coming from g27 pedals.

does your fan come on? mine doesnt ffb just weakens considerably. its going back tomorrow hopefully if i get the shipping label.

was going to go for a refund but now hearing that the cheaper t300 wont be out till 17 oct think i wont bother, got the th8a too, my previous wheel fanatec pwts was actually ruining the whole driving thing for me with its constant off centering.

this new combo really got me back into gt6 and will probably get me on gt legends again... was driving for hours against my ghosts on tracks i hardly knew...and i could beat my ghost regularly . some thing i had trouble doing with the fanatec but its a old wheel. it was really weird having strong ffb with a really light steering...i find it hard to sense when the wheels have locked when braking in a straight line, with the fanatec the wheel went light but this wheel is already really light lol, im sure i just need some more time with it

the only reason i adopted early is because my fanatec died on me, and it was a month before the t300 release so already waiting a while. i didnt know about the tx failures, will investigate

I'd like to know how many units were sold in Europe so far. We don't know how many units work fine, there will always be issues and we will usually hear about the failures because people don't say much when it's working.

I'm a little nervous, but then again if there is a motor/overheating issue I doubt they will handle is as poorly as Fanatec and deny, deny, deny. Time will tell, but I do find it 'interesting' that there is no signs of a release date when they promised by the end of the month...makes me wonder how frequent the issues are and if they reclaimed the wheels that shipped to the US?

Jerome

Might be the failure rate instead :lol:, this song seems fitting for the recent Thrustmaster wheels:

I wonder if there is a revision marking on the wheels and if there is potentially a V2 wheel for the new batch of wheels that are to set to release in a few weeks time, might make me keep my G27 for a little longer going by seeing how many are failing or having issues that will likely lead to failure soon. @WildRun do you know anything about a new revision since launch at all?

Absolutely love this song!..............LMFAO! because i have had so many things fail when it comes to my ps3 haha, i have huge box fan in front of it just to blow all the way around it (since its stand upright) seems to keep her cooled down and race for hours! I want this wheel so bad.....hopefully some good news is out their somewhere?

Sound familiar to anyone? nothing is perfect!.....unfortunately :(

I will totally spend the 700 bucks for the ts300 if its worth it in the end!

edit:.....am i looking at the wrong website....cause im coming up with 700 bucks for the release in europe with the conversion to USA........can someone specify the actual price it should be new?

At TX launch there were similar experiences of motor issues. In fact, I think the TX first version started out with the power supply in the wheel body, and a later release moved the power supply to an external brick (like the T500).

I never heard of anyone having issues to get their TX replaced, except for one or two who bought through a cut price "not official reseller" in the US. So for safety if you are eyeing up a very low price T300 I advise you to check that Thrustmaster regards that shop as an official reseller. In EU it's less of a problem: any shop which sells you something which breaks during the guarantee period (due to reasonable use) must provide you a replacement... The only difference would be some offering free RMA, others expecting you to pay to send your broken wheel back.

@go6 Should be $399 or lower.

At TX launch there were similar experiences of motor issues. In fact, I think the TX first version started out with the power supply in the wheel body, and a later release moved the power supply to an external brick (like the T500).

I never heard of anyone having issues to get their TX replaced, except for one or two who bought through a cut price "not official reseller" in the US. So for safety if you are eyeing up a very low price T300 I advise you to check that Thrustmaster regards that shop as an official reseller. In EU it's less of a problem: any shop which sells you something which breaks during the guarantee period (due to reasonable use) must provide you a replacement... The only difference would be some offering free RMA, others expecting you to pay to send your broken wheel back.
I think they had 3 versions of the base and seems the case with the T300RS too going by the manual. I don't usually like having an external power supply but I think I would prefer it regarding a steering wheel due to less heat and should help it weigh less and supports more voltages too.

Back