Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I the only one here who don´t get why they can´t have a stock wheel wich is as large as a real one? I mean It´s definitely not made for toddlers and do it really cost so much more just to make it 330mm or 350mm? Maybe some conspiracy to make real wheel manufacturers make more cash?

Maybe it'd need a bigger box. Which would increase shipping costs (from China) substantially?

Larger rims is not for everyone. I don´t blame anyone who feel 320 mm is just way to big for rallying or formula racing for example. Smaller rims are more universal and easier to handle and thus more mainstream I believe.

Also the lack of torque in our consumer wheels is less noticable on smaller rims. That said I do most of my racing on my 365 mm Momo Classic rim though I certainly don´t get much ffb effects through it but in a way that is more realistic.

I have a 320 mm as well but surely the 280 mm F458 Italia or F1 integral is a no brainer for rally, formula or arcade racers for me.

Then there is also cost cutting which is probably a factor even if you only save 2 dollars a wheel or something.

Good point. 330mm seems like the absolute sweet spot for sim racing (even the skippy uses 350mm), but considering the majority of people aren't using them exclusively on PC sims, smaller = better. I'm not even sure I've tried any of my Codemasters games since upgrading to the 330mm Momo, but seeing how those games are designed for 300 degrees of rotation and super quick inputs, it probably makes things significantly more difficult.

also, remember, the smaller the wheel the stronger the base feels to be. from what i've read, these brushless motors have less torque than the one in the T500RS, so then it'd make sense to ship it with a 280mm rim.

btw, is a brushless motor completely notch-free? my old DFP was notchy as hell, my g25 was marginally better, my 911 gt3rs was good and my T500RS seems to have just a bit less than the fanatec. should it be worth to upgrade?

I think it´s just the GTE F458 rim with PS 4 labels on the button more or less. The same weight just that seem to indicate it´s the same apart from the rubber and face plate etc all give a real deja vu feeling.

Looking at it again, I think you're right -- it looks like they re-worked the left and bottom spokes of the GTE F458 wheel to accommodate the same type of switches and same basic configuration as what's used on the T500 GT rim, but otherwise it does look like it's based on the GTE F458 rim and not the T500 GT rim. Good catch.

So this is the TX with a better (in my opinion) wheel, ISR said that the wheel had similar performance to the T500rs, so I am interested to see how this works on the playstation 4 and PC. @JohnBodin This wheel works with the T500rs pedals, and the T3PA pedals. Do you speculate that your adapter will work with this wheel, and will there be more adapters to come?

Either way, for a PC right now, I might rather this over the TX, with a DSD or some other shifter (not too picky) and Clubsport or CSR-E pedals. The rim is OK for my liking, but the many modding hands of the PC Simracing world will be able to produce anything.

Last edited:
So this is the TX with a better (in my opinion) wheel, ISR said that the wheel had similar performance to the T500rs, so I am interested to see how this works on the playstation 4 and PC. @JohnBodin This wheel works with the T500rs pedals, and the T3PA pedals. Do you speculate that your adapter will work with this wheel, and will there be more adapters to come?

Can't say for sure, but my load cell mod will most likely work with this wheel, same as with the T500 and the TX.

I have to say that I like the wheel from what I've seen and read about it.
Basically, the pedals look very similar to T3PA set, without the clutch of course. Everything else should be equal, adjustable metal plates, progressive break pedal and rest made of plastic.

As a PS3, PC and maybe later PS4 user I'd go with Thrustmasters new offer here.
My DFGT is slowly dying right now (shifting buttons overreact more or less recently) and T300RS seems to be a good upgrade for my needs.
Downside, 'cause there's no clutch out of the box - if I want to upgrade I have to spend appr. 220€ on top for another pedal set and a shifter from Thrustmaster.

But, I'd blame Sony if they won't act like they said some time ago, that it depends on the game developers to add certain wheel support to their games.
If it comes to that point (maybe with a silly explanation from Sony, like: "Oh, your old wheels don't have the holy share button, that's why we don't support 'em."), I guess many people won't buy a PS4 and will move over to other platforms.
If I had spent a lot of money e.g. in a Fanatec setup or T500RS set, I'd be really pi**ed to be forced to buy a new and maybe poorly wheel only for PS4.
So Sony, don't kid the racing game lovers, those who already own a proper wheel/pedal combo!

The T500RS is compatible with the PS4, so I don't see any real reason to buy a T300 RS over it.

The pedals look like the TX pedals with T500RS pedal plates on them. So don´t build the hopes to much about their excellence :)

btw is there a misstake they mounted the brake pedal plate upside down?

Maybe * only pc mode :D
TH8RS = USB : H + Seq
TH8A = PS/2: only H

I hope the announcement is right!
I already use the T500 pedasl on my TX, would like to use TH8RS which seems better than the TH8A.
The pedals of T500 is much better than T3PA and original 2 pedals TX.

Basically the T300RS has the same list price as the TX.... And will no doubt see the same discounts over time. Heck, the list price on the T500RS is up towards €600, as compared with €370 for the other two wheels. Many people bought their T500RS for similar or less than the T300RS list price during discount periods.

So if you look at it in these terms, the T300RS gives you a more expensive rim but no Kinect hub or Ferrari logo compared to the TX. For PC users it's clearly the better deal, and it supports not one but two consoles!:)

The interesting thing for me is will the T500RS remain. Let's assume €100-150 for the T500RS pedals, €30-40 for the fixed shifters, €60-80 for the 30cm GT rim as accessories (based on their pricing of the T3PA and GTE rim). You could build a brushless T500RS for between €570-640 list price...!?!.... :)

That's way too expensive!!
I agree. I would never pay the price for this if i can just get a T500RS for the same price. At least the T500 gives you a clutch pedal. To me a clutch is worth allot more than a share button.

I would really like to see a PS4 wheel with good force feedback and a clutch for around $350 usd. (Assuming that my PWTS doesnt eventually become compatible)

I could see this being a great upgrade from a G27. Bodin has an adapter that will get your G27 pedals working with these until you can find something else, and if the TH8rs shifter works with this set, then you very well have a great wheel right there. I don't know how T3PA pedals stack up against the G27 pedals, but they both have some good mods out there. Either way, If the price comes down a bit (lot) I could see this as being the next DFGT.

Am I the only one here who don´t get why they can´t have a stock wheel wich is as large as a real one? I mean It´s definitely not made for toddlers and do it really cost so much more just to make it 330mm or 350mm? Maybe some conspiracy to make real wheel manufacturers make more cash?

What if everyone doesn't want a huge wheel? I certainly don't. The stock GT wheel on the T500RS feels too large to me and the GTE rim is perfect to me and its about 280-290mm. Everyone is different.

What's funny is, ISR tried selling the narrative that the Thrustmaster TX didn't have a clutch because it had the Ferrari license and Ferrari is a stickler about their licenses having absolutely accurate representation. Never made much sense, but this certainly clarifies it's all about the money and selling peripherals. There's no Ferrari clutch to lean on this time.

I honestly don't believe Darin is all that informed about the products he reviews, however as stated by someone else, we should just be thankful we get to see new products and consider it more of a preview rather than a informed review. Maybe Darin was lead to believe that the Ferrari license is why the TX didn't come with a clutch pedal or maybe he was just making an assumption. I'm not really sure why you're so hung up on it honestly. A 3 pedal system is available as was planned by Thrustmaster all along, same will happen with the T300RS. It would be absolutely silly to think than the T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter won't be compatible with the T300RS.

What if everyone doesn't want a huge wheel? I certainly don't. The stock GT wheel on the T500RS feels too large to me and the GTE rim is perfect to me and its about 280-290mm. Everyone is different.

Then you should be pretty happy about the T300 stock rim -- as oqvist indicated, I think it IS just the GTE F458 (GTE) rim. It looks to me like they re-worked the left spoke and the bottom spoke of the GTE F458 wheel to accommodate the same type of switches and same basic configuration as what's used on the T500 GT rim, but otherwise it does look like it's based on the smaller-diameter GTE F458 rim and not the T500 GT rim.

Most people tend to want a smaller rim -- more than a few folks have complained that the stock T500 GT rim seems TOO large, and unless you've got a dedicated cockpit setup, a full-size 330mm or 350mm wheel is just going to be too big, especially if you're using a wheel stand setup in your living room and sitting on your couch to play console games.

If you're a PC user who bolts the wheel to an existing computer desk, anything larger than the stock T500 GT rim is going to take up WAY too much real estate, and it would probably be very annoying to try to do standard computing tasks like surfing the Web with something that large sitting in front of your monitor.

That's true. Everyone is different. But the fact is, in hardcore sims, some cars get really twitchy when using the GTE rim over the GT rim. And those same cars see a significant stability boost when moving from the GT rim to a 330mm rim.

If you're sticking solely with console games, it's probably irrelevant. But it's definitely more than just preferences. There are actual game/car combos where it's just plain easier/less twitchy with a bigger wheel. By a significant margin. It almost feels like cheating when going from the GTE wheel to a 330mm wheel.

I honestly don't believe Darin is all that informed about the products he reviews, however as stated by someone else, we should just be thankful we get to see new products and consider it more of a preview rather than a informed review. Maybe Darin was lead to believe that the Ferrari license is why the TX didn't come with a clutch pedal or maybe he was just making an assumption. I'm not really sure why you're so hung up on it honestly. A 3 pedal system is available as was planned by Thrustmaster all along, same will happen with the T300RS. It would be absolutely silly to think than the T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter won't be compatible with the T300RS.

Because I found it funny, which I'm allowed to do.

As for the 3 pedal solution, it's of sub-par quality compared to the T500 pedals. And it's a major price addition you have to pay for. If I want to view it as a money grab, that's my right. I don't think there's anything noble about this scheme. The three piece plastic is cheap plastic. It could have easily been the stock part and they could have had a quality pedal set (to compete with Fanatec pedals) that were available for every one else.

Instead we've got this. In addition to the TX being exclusive to the XBox One and possibly the T300 exclusive to the PS4. As a consumer this whole scheme stinks to me. I'm not a corporate apologist and I'll never be one. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way.

Last edited:
On the PC Simulations you can adust the steering ratio and the amount of rotation of the wheel. With those two parameters you could run a 365 mm rim for F1 and a 280 mm for oval decently also. When quick countersteer is required I tend to go for smaller rims. When smoothness pays off I do just as well with a larger rim and I get less fatigue with them too and just feels more bossy ;)

Generally I do the same lap times but for Richard Burns rally I am slower with 320 mm and upwards. I do to many misstakes I need to correct fast.

I agree. I would never pay the price for this if i can just get a T500RS for the same price. At least the T500 gives you a clutch pedal. To me a clutch is worth allot more than a share button.

I would really like to see a PS4 wheel with good force feedback and a clutch for around $350 usd. (Assuming that my PWTS doesnt eventually become compatible)

IMO the T500 is too expensive as well. & I hate how the shifter is sold separately.

The T500RS is compatible with the PS4, so I don't see any real reason to buy a T300 RS over it.
I'm quoting this guy from the comments of the News section of GTPlanet:
zmatch
I have contacted Thrustmaster about the TS500Rs and ps4 compatability, here is their reply :

Regarding your T500RS.

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your inquiry.

This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game.

In the event of an upward compatibility with PS4 racing games, the T500 RS – PS3 racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus.

Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions of the T500 RS will not work on the wheel in PS4 racing games.

We thank you very much for you understanding and cooperation.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Alexandra

Hope this helps. i own a TS500rs and if it wont work on any ps4 titles its goodbye Sony hello Pc !!
As you can see nothing is certain yet as it is up to each game developer to support it. I hope it will be supported on both DriveClub and GT7 and not make the same mistake as MS and Turn 10 with Forza 5 and their refusal to support all the old wheels... I won't care about something so trivial as "SHARE" and "PS" buttons as long as the wheel works as it should in game.

You could build a brushless T500RS for between €570-640 list price...!?!.... :)

I guess this is sort of a revamped t500 instead of another incarnation of the TX. What led me to believe this is the mention of 1080 degrees of rotation, just like the t500, and that it seems to come with a seperate adapter, judging from the same connector as found at the t500, at the back of this wheel(see zip file with pics). And lastly, I might have overlooked it, but didn't see any info on the new dual-belt system like the TX is said to have.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/p...w-turn-playstation-4-playstation-3-and-pc-too
T300Ferrari-6.jpg

T300 Ferrari GTE
I want a 3 pedals version:D

Back