Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I know there is many that say that. I wonder how many would say so if they got servo motor wheels. Turn the strength down so the general turn resistance is not to high but they get better dynamics with the force feedback with no clipping and faster rotation if they still would feel the T500RS or TX have more than enough torque after that :)

There is a reason why real racing drivers need to be well trained to be competitive.

I believe that is with the G27 or other wheels as reference. No wrong in that that the G27 has so weak ffb and low resistance is a big key why it´s easy to go fast with it. But I do feel immersion go up with gears that feels more realistic.

Yes I know there is many that say that. I wonder how many would say so if they got servo motor wheels. Turn the strength down so the general turn resistance is not to high but they get better dynamics with the force feedback with no clipping and faster rotation if they still would feel the T500RS or TX have more than enough torque after that :)

There is a reason why real racing drivers need to be well trained to be competitive.

I believe that is with the G27 or other wheels as reference. No wrong in that that the G27 has so weak ffb and low resistance is a big key why it´s easy to go fast with it. But I do feel immersion go up with gears that feels more realistic.
They need to be in good physical shape because of the g forces they have to fight , not because they are fighting with the steering wheel.

Not all race cars have tons of power steering. And if we go with pedals in F1 and LMPs deal with braking forces up to 140 kg... Try to do that in a gym you will understand it´s not easy to do consistently particularly when you have to steer all the time.

Then we can argue how realistic it´s with force feedback to feel slip angles but that is another story :)

Look at the biceps of race car drivers. If it wouldn´t help they would look more like marathon runners or jet fighter pilots :)

That's not what he means.

Every wheel has internal mechanisms which get in the way of free spinning. In my experience from the 4 wheels I own, the Logitech G25 has the least resistance, T500RS a bit more, DFGT and Fanatec GT2 the most (although Fanatec drift mode uses the motor to help you spin the wheel, so that disguises things a bit).

No matter how powerful the torque of the wheel, if you have to fight internal resistance (not the motor) then that affects how easily and quickly you can get the wheel where you want it, but also how quickly the wheel starts reacting to forces on it (I.e. Latency).

If the TX has less internal resistance, then in many situations it will be just that tiny fraction faster to get pointed where it needs to go, which can be the difference between holding a slide and spinning out.

I was actually referring to when he said this:
I don´t think you can say the torque is adequate unless it fully simulate the torque found in real cars.

But yes, when my G27 is disconnected there's barely any resistance. I've played around with DFPs and DFGTs, and they have heavy resistance even when not plugged in.

Am I the only one here who don´t get why they can´t have a stock wheel wich is as large as a real one? I mean It´s definitely not made for toddlers and do it really cost so much more just to make it 330mm or 350mm? Maybe some conspiracy to make real wheel manufacturers make more cash?
Steering wheels in real cars are getting smaller. No need for a simracing wheel to have bigger rims. Plus, the bigger the rim, the stronger the FFB motors need to be, the more the wheel will cost.

I need a wheel that's works with PS4/XBO/PC.

Thrustmaster are asking me to choose between a PS4 and Xbox One. It's not beyond the realms of fantasy that one would have both consoles and be interested in Forza and Gran Turismo. I expect there's quite a lot who are.

Even if I could afford both wheels, I'm not going to unbolt the wheel and fit the other one to play Forza and then unbolt and refit the other to play Gran Turismo again. Really I need two rigs, two HDTVs and actually need to build an extensiton to my house. All can be solved if they just make one wheel that works with both consoles.

I wonder if the TX can be modded to work with PS4, perhaps they can allow you to buy some bits and you void your warranty and fit them.

I find the situation crazy.

With my Turbo S I can play PC and 360/PS3. Yes the PS3 side was using Logitech but all I want is one god damn wheel. It's so frustrating. I have the money to upgrade from my Fanatec wheel but Thrustmaster have nothing.

I also should add I don't want such a wheel coming out in 4 years time, please if you are considering it Thrusmaster to get the thing done much sooner.

Last edited:
A generic Thrustmaster PC wheel only with no official license (PS4 in this case) with the same technology as the T500RS/T300RS will probably cost less.

I don't get it why they don't improve the pedal technology? Didn't shaun of ISR once say that the brake pedal is the most important part of simracing? Even more important than the wheel?

Thrustmaster doesn't seem to get that. A pedalbox with clutch and a load cell or even better a pressure cylinder based brake pedal with brake fluid, is more important than a perfect engineered wheel.

Thrustmaster T300RS is very good steering wheel.
But these pedals looks like a plastic toy
2570770-t300rs-7.jpg

and those do not look better
изтеглен файл (1).jpg

I prefer this wheel to cost 500EUR but I want metal pedals with very stiff springs or even loadcell for the brake pedal.

TX pedals is just bin it for PC racing but they are sufficient for console racing.

T3PA pedals to me don´t look as good as the T500RS pedals. But you can find those used for less seems like a better option particularly due to being able to use them in hanging position.

The plus side of the wheel coming with cheap pedals is that you aren´t paying much for something you won´t use. But would be cool if Thrustmaster went for a big more high end then the T3PA pedal set on the side. But as a PC Simracer I would say it was a plus just having to pay for the wheel base pretty much :)

The Thrustmaster Facebook site has put up a number of posts and pictures implying that the T500RS pedals will be available for purchase separately in the near(?) future. But indeed for the PC sim racer there are many ways to hook up stand alone pedals (including 2 Fanatec options, mods to use G25/27 pedals via USB, etc...).

I'm interested in the T300RS. Even for the price of €369.99 if the brake pedal had a load cell or oil brake fluid pressure based brake pedal.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the T300RS. Even for the price of €369.99 if the brake pedal had a load cell or oil brake fluid pressure based brake pedal.

I won't deny that Thrustmaster should at the very least include the T3PA pedals with the TX and T300 for the price you're paying for those wheels, even more so for the T300 since its even more expensive than the TX. The T3PA pedals are available to add-on to a TX or T300 for only $99 and include a rubber bushing mod on the brake pedal which will feel very similar to a load cell brake and do practically the same thing. That being said, the stock 2 pedal arrangement is "good enough" for its target market on a console and keeps cost down. PC sim racers have many more pedal options to choose from since they don't have to be compatible with the wheel, unlike the wheel and pedals for a console.

Um, last time I looked on the Thrustmaster site the TX and T300RS had the same list price. TX is older so sold probably at slightly below list.

Given this, the T300RS, which comes with a much better rim, is clearly better value.

Um, last time I looked on the Thrustmaster site the TX and T300RS had the same list price. TX is older so sold probably at slightly below list.

Given this, the T300RS, which comes with a much better rim, is clearly better value.

You can routinely find the TX below $400, often less than $350 even at Amazon(currently $324). The T300RS is set to release at $500 which is rather steep in my opinion without a clutch pedal. I plan to buy one but I can't help but think the price of the T300 will be $400 or less within 6 months.

You can routinely find the TX below $400, often less than $350 even at Amazon(currently $324). The T300RS is set to release at $500 which is rather steep in my opinion without a clutch pedal. I plan to buy one but I can't help but think the price of the T300 will be $400 or less within 6 months.
I will only buy when the price be below of $350

I prefer this wheel to cost 500EUR but I want metal pedals with very stiff springs or even loadcell for the brake pedal.

Buy a set of Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals and the BasherBoards CPX adaptor. It would the dream combo, but you'll have to pay for it...

Alternatively, Bodin Solutions will sell you a load cell for the T500RS pedals. I presume since the T3PA pedals are basically the same, the existing 3rd-party load cell should work.

From my own experience of the CSP and T500RS pedals, but without any firm guarantee about the wheel itself..... (We all assume that the T300 is almost identical to the TX base except for 1080 degrees of rotation) I think that the T300 and CSP combo would offer better quality FFB and pedal feel, yes. It will also definitely be more expensive at launch, since the T500RS can usually be found with a good discount.

One extra comment: personally I prefer the 30cm default GT rim of my T500RS to the 28cm GTE rim (with moving paddles). The T300RS comes with a rim almost identical to the GTE one. It's not that the GTE rim is bad, I just think that because the 30cm GT rim is slightly lighter (no paddles) it communicates subtle FFB cues slightly better. Having shifter paddles on the rim of the GTE is nice, but I find myself using my GT rim more, despite the fixed paddles.

Still, the fixed paddles will supposedly be sold as an accessory in the future, and if you want a larger rim there are many after market options too.

From my own experience of the CSP and T500RS pedals, but without any firm guarantee about the wheel itself..... (We all assume that the T300 is almost identical to the TX base except for 1080 degrees of rotation) I think that the T300 and CSP combo would offer better quality FFB and pedal feel, yes. It will also definitely be more expensive at launch, since the T500RS can usually be found with a good discount.

One extra comment: personally I prefer the 30cm default GT rim of my T500RS to the 28cm GTE rim (with moving paddles). The T300RS comes with a rim almost identical to the GTE one. It's not that the GTE rim is bad, I just think that because the 30cm GT rim is slightly lighter (no paddles) it communicates subtle FFB cues slightly better. Having shifter paddles on the rim of the GTE is nice, but I find myself using my GT rim more, despite the fixed paddles.

Still, the fixed paddles will supposedly be sold as an accessory in the future, and if you want a larger rim there are many after market options too.
What about PS4?

I'm going to buy a new setup to replace the g27 and can't decide between Fanatec CSW or t500? Should the t300 be in the equation? I want to use the wheel with the fanatec hand brake and shifter sq. I'm a little scared by fanatecs history of brake downs that I've read everywhere.

Screenshot_2014-08-03-23-21-09.png Screenshot_2014-08-03-23-21-55.png Screenshot_2014-08-03-23-28-32.png

I don't know if people know yet but the T300 RS is available in Australia now at jbhifi.com. au and pccasegear.com.au

But I'm confused on the prices. Jbhifi.com.au has both variants for $698 and pccasegear.com.au is $499 lol

Thanks for the alert. Time for you to upgrade your G27? :P

Yeah Definitely!

I've used the G27 for a while now and has served me well on Dirt and Grid and after I did the GTeye brake spring change out mod it made the G27 actually usable. I remember when I first bought the G27 and me and my mate kept spinning out because me were to hard on the soft brake pedal.
Now I've moved into the new house I have a spare unused room. So now I have all these Ideas running through my head for a racing sim room lol. I want to order all the gear in the next 24hrs so it arrives on Friday or before. I have to fly out next Sunday for work for a month which suck but at least I will get a taste of it and have me penning for it whilst Im away. Ill start a new thread I guess and see if I can get some advice on how I should go about it.

Back