Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can add another T300RS to the list of casualties. Mine just died. After two months. However, I did thoroughly enjoy it in the short time it worked.
Grrrr....2 months!? Where'd you purchased yours from? Though at least you can easily have it fixed/replaced.

Feel your pain too. It looks like the same problem keeps happening.

Why Thrustmaster don't do something to stop it?

Last edited:
Grrrr....2 months!? Where'd you purchased yours from? Though at least you can easily have it fixed/replaced.
Amazon. Yea, it's pretty ridiculous. Oh well.
Feel your pain too. It looks like the same problem keeps happening.

Why Thrustmaster don't do something to stop it?
I don't know why, but it's rather idiotic of them not to recall the wheel to fix it.

Amazon. Yea, it's pretty ridiculous. Oh well.

I don't know why, but it's rather idiotic of them not to recall the wheel to fix it.
It's pretty new, won't Amazon accept it back, at only 2 months old? I thought latest batches were an improvement, which apparently doesn't seem to be.

It's pretty new, won't Amazon accept it back, at only 2 months old? I thought latest batches were an improvement, which apparently doesn't seem to be.
That's what I'm hoping. I also contacted TM Support, but I doubt they'll be useful. I'll probably just return it to Amazon.

My T300 is 4 months old and the FFB is noticeably weaker than when I first got it, and I've had to turn up the gain on all racing games I play. It didn't seem like a gradual thing, more like 1 day it was strong, the next much weaker. I'm thinking perhaps one of the belts got loosened or something. Has anyone had a problem like this and if so any ideas to fix it. I'm thinking of opening it up and poking around, but pretty nervous to do that in case I break it.

I wouldn't start opening up a wheel that's only 4 months old, you can potentially void the warranty which is probably a bad idea with that particular wheel.

Make sure that you check for any firmware updates.

If you're sure that it has a problem, contact TM or the retailer for help. 👍

My T300 is 4 months old and the FFB is noticeably weaker than when I first got it, and I've had to turn up the gain on all racing games I play. It didn't seem like a gradual thing, more like 1 day it was strong, the next much weaker. I'm thinking perhaps one of the belts got loosened or something. Has anyone had a problem like this and if so any ideas to fix it. I'm thinking of opening it up and poking around, but pretty nervous to do that in case I break it.

IF a remember correctly, there's only one belt on the T300. If it gets loose, it problably wold made some kind of noise.

If it's in the warranty and you can send it to TM without much more cost, send it.
These wheels are weak, if it's allready with problens, try to take a new onewith the warranty.

There are two belts, and there is a belt tightening possibility.... Basically the motor is attached to a metal plate which can be slid up and down to be mounted slightly higher or lower, thereby altering the tension of the primary belt which is driven off a cog attached to the motor shaft.

The plate should be screwed in solidly, and a few months doesn't sound long enough to cause any issues, but I guess it's possible that the plate wasn't tight enough and dropped lower thereby reducing belt tension.

It's also possible that the motor or power is the problem. I agree that RMA within the warranty period is the only recommended course of action.

I cannot believe TM hasn't gone back to the drawing board and addressed the design issues causing many of these problems. I'm sure dealing with warranties and returns is as much of a hassle (and costs $$) for them as it is for consumers.

I think these wheels are poorly made. I dont even have it set any where near the highest ffb and still get fading after around 10 minutes of use.I expected alot more from TM for £230

Hi Ken,

Sorry for asking you that. Did they ask you for an invoice? I got mine as I gift from overseas and dont have any proof of purchase. I believe it is more than proved this a Known Issue from these wheels and should be replaced even out of warranty as Logitech do.

Thanks.
Hi Laz, oh yes they sure did ask for a copy of the invoice. In my case, I purchased the pos from Amazon on 20151130. I agree that the manufacturer should recall or provide an immediate patch to all consumers. For me I do feel like the King of Pain, the upside is today I received an email from Thrustmaster stating they've fixed my wheel base and is in the process of being shipped. I now, with little faith, hope that with their expertise they will return a solid wheel experience. I am certainly hoping for the best!! In your situation, I guess they expect that the gift would be given to you with a gift receipt or some ish. I dk....at the end of the day I just want a good sim experience...I'm hoping once I get things set up I won't be thinking of a G29!!!

So I heard back from TM regarding my wheel base that I sent to them...yes I provided my invoice, a video to qa their product for them and an image of the serial number plate located on the bottom of the wheel base. I'm happy that they fixed the issue, which TM said their repair center had to replace the motor and Main PCB of the wheel(whatever that is!). Be it I want a good user experience, really that is all I've ever wanted, I asked TM what steps I can take to mitigate this heart ache from happening again. Here are some items to share with the group from TM:

".....By no means the fault was caused by an improper use of the wheel, there was nothing that you could have done to avoid it.

That being said, we do have some general recommendations.

First of all, try not to have the force feedback effects set very high. If used on PlayStation 4, for Project Cars we recommend having them set to 55%. For other games 60-65%. Whenever you are done using the wheel for the day, unplug the USB cable from the console/PC. The power cable can still remain plugged. From time to time, check our Technical Support website (ts.thrustmaster.com) for updates. New firmware updates are released approximately two times a year.".

At this point I'm fairly at a loss for words, I'm trying to stay positive and will wait until I receive my wheel base and get to put some hours into using the wheel. I'm hoping that it holds up, I already feel like a complete sucker consumer poser for not waiting to get the G29!! Giving TM the benefit of doubt and I'll just wait and see, as is this has been a massively frustrating experience. Let us not forget I purchased my wheel on 20151130 and didn't use it more than 24 total hours!!

Any thoughts on their recommendations? Playing pCars at 55% FFB....I recall watching an Inside Sim Racing video and they had their t300rs set to like 115 FFB or some ish like that....certainly not set to 55%!!! Any way time will tell....thanks for the forum to vent!!

The latest pCARS preset for T300 has an advanced setting for gain at 2.0. Drop it to 1.0 and you can keep 75% force (default). The default gain causes clipping and generally a bad user experience because you feel centering forces too heavily relative to other forces and it makes the game's FFB feel really dull. Not Thrustmaster's fault that the preset is like that.

But basically Thrustmaster is giving a simple suggestion to run the wheel without clipping, which is good advice in any sim.

Yeah, i remenber that in the first months of PCars i was running with FFb at 115%(used the inside sim tips).

There was a rumor about Pcars "making" these wheels fails, maybe it is true?

I have been exchanging emails with TM customer support for a few days already. I got mine as a gift and I dont have the invoice. The funny thing is in Europe the product has 2 years warranty, so technically at this momment every single wheel is under warranty as the T300RS was released in Oct 2014. And what makes me more sad is that this is a KNOWN ISSUE, they should have recall all the units. It was put on the market with this problem and they try to deny it. And give me a break, telling customer that we should not use the product with settings we want.

Luckily As I didnt spend any money on it, I will probably sell as a broken wheel for parts and put the money towards a G29 or Fanatec.

Did anybody try to to contact TM and not this Guillemot?
Maybe TM will see the mistake they are doing and be more be more reasonable.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Last edited:
Yeah it is kinda ridiculous that they are not confident of their own build quality and tells the user to limit their FFB. What's the point of having a strong motor if you have to limit it anyway? Might as well put a weaker motor that doesn't break down so much. Also unplugging the wheel from console once you're finished? :lol: Like, how does that even affect anything?

Also unplugging the wheel from console once you're finished? :lol: Like, how does that even affect anything?
That would prevent it from calibrating for no reason (is: turning on the system to play a FPS but you left the wheel plugged in and it calibrates).

Yeh the way it calibrates freaks me out as it crashes into the stops so hard. I always put a hand on it to slow it down so it doesn't hit too hard. Seems like a pretty poor design if you have longevity in mind.

That was the last message I received from TM Customer Support.

image.jpg

The best part is (if the wheel can still be repaired). I was given this wheel few months ago. If if you ever receive TM product as a Gift, be sure to ask also for the receipt, or do not even think of buying as a second hand. This wheel WILL fail and you will have a broken wheel and nothing to do about it.

I also sent a msg direct to TM and they just ignored. The Customer support is a joke compared to Logitech.

I managed to temporally resolve my problem. Using every time the TM Calibration application before playing.
(http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...00RS-Self-Calibration-Issue-at-startup-solved). It might die for good soon, until then I will use and this is gonna be my last TM product.

Cheers.

If if you ever receive TM product as a Gift, be sure to ask also for the receipt
It's relatively simple to get a duplicate receipt from a store.

Have you talked to the person who offered you the wheel, and just ask him/her to try and get one?

Back