Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow it looks like an 'possessed' wheel and the dog also has his thoughts about it. Anyway good luck with the warranty.

Al tough the warranty is not valid anymore you can expect from such a product that it operates also after 2-3 years. So over here (in the Netherlands) you often still get warranty if it is clear that it is e.g. a internal mechanical fault not caused by improper usage. Does that also work in other countries or is it warranty is warranty and one day out of warranty and it is bad luck for you?

Return it ! Have you hooked it up to a pc and used the thrustmaster updater software ?

I have tryed everything.
The warranty has expired according to Thrustmaster (Which i knew) but due to all problems with this wheel i had hoped for Thrustmaster to take some responsibility anyway.

I have tryed everything.
The warranty has expired according to Thrustmaster (Which i knew) but due to all problems with this wheel i had hoped for Thrustmaster to take some responsibility anyway.

Open that thing up - it could be something loose that detects the wheel position. If it is out of warranty might as well. - If you fix it you can also mod it to work better like a larger silent fan or maybe wire up a button for a digital handbrake.

If you can't figure it out nothing is lost, there might be someone who will buy it from you knowing how to fix it, or a repair place if you search.

It is not an awkward oversized paper weight just yet...

I am on my second wheel already (few months old) and again having problems. The fan is making some strange noises when I plug in the wheel for the first time!! I usually wait a bit and unplug it and then it works fine on 2nd calibration...any help here?

T300 is still under amazon warranty but returing is not an option atm as I need it everyday.

I am on my second wheel already (few months old) and again having problems. The fan is making some strange noises when I plug in the wheel for the first time!! I usually wait a bit and unplug it and then it works fine on 2nd calibration...any help here?

T300 is still under amazon warranty but returing is not an option atm as I need it everyday.
Same with mine, its been doing it for 10 months now but works fine.

Hi. Does anyone with the T300 know the size/kind is the wheel's holding screw (the one you tighten at the shaft/quick release when you attach the wheel to the base)? My replacement wheelbase is on it's way, and I can't seem to find where I kept the wheel's holding screw. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to share a recent experience I had with Thrustmaster, regarding my T300RS for the PS4.

Roughly a week ago (28/09), I discovered that the accelerator pedal on my pedal set was broken. I have no idea how that happened, since I had used it the day before and it was OK.

Anyway, the day after that (29/09) I called the number on their website for customer support and explained the problem. The number was totally free of charge, although I did have to speak English (this was the official number for Portuguese customer support). Fortunately, this wasn't a problem for me.
15 minutes after the call, I received an email from the customer service to provide some additional details.
I answered that email later in the day (I had to take a photo from the serial number, etc.)

On the 30/09, I received another email, this one already informing me "that an order has been placed with our logistics department to have a replacement pedal set shipped to you".

Today (5 working days after placing the call) I received my brand new pedal set. No need to even send the broken set back.

Although this was a strange problem - that shouldn't have happened in the first place, especially since my unit has been used very lightly -, I have to applaud the customer service for the way they handled things.

As a side note, I bought my T300RS on January this year, at their online shop. It was a refurbished unit at a special price (but including 2 years of warranty).

I have the stock T300 pedals, while I was playing Assetto Corsa I heard a unpleasant sound when I stepped on the accelerator one time, and now the pedal is very light... I assume one of the springs broke or something?

I have the stock T300 pedals, while I was playing Assetto Corsa I heard a unpleasant sound when I stepped on the accelerator one time, and now the pedal is very light... I assume one of the springs broke or something?

Likely - it is sadly a common problem. If it is under warranty they will send you a new set through the mail (may require some proof like a picture or a video) If not be careful opening them up, from the pictures I have seen they are poorly wired (much worse than the DFGT pedals) Should be an easy fix though.

Likely - it is sadly a common problem. If it is under warranty they will send you a new set through the mail (may require some proof like a picture or a video) If not be careful opening them up, from the pictures I have seen they are poorly wired (much worse than the DFGT pedals) Should be an easy fix though.
Not under warranty anymore... Guess it's a good time to get a set of the T3PA Pedals!

Not under warranty anymore... Guess it's a good time to get a set of the T3PA Pedals!

Yup! Honestly if you do not want the ability to invert the pedals, the non pro version have a better feel stock (unless things have changed) I have the pros and the clutch and gas pedal were both so damn light that I shoved foam behind the pedals with extra foam behind the clutch to give it a different feel. The non pro T3PAs have a different feel on the clutch pedal because there is no option to invert them. Sure the metal is nice, but feel is much more important IMO.

Yup! Honestly if you do not want the ability to invert the pedals, the non pro version have a better feel stock (unless things have changed) I have the pros and the clutch and gas pedal were both so damn light that I shoved foam behind the pedals with extra foam behind the clutch to give it a different feel. The non pro T3PAs have a different feel on the clutch pedal because there is no option to invert them. Sure the metal is nice, but feel is much more important IMO.
Yeah, I'll order the non pro ones! My stand doesn't have the ability to invert them anyways...

I opened them and it is indeed a broken spring... Not the first time I've had to open one of Thrustmaster's products...

Last edited:
I got the 599XX wheel today and just wanted to give a quick review of how I felt it compares to the RS rim.

Definitely some pros and cons here. The 599XX certainly feels lighter(I know, I know, it really isn't). But in doing so, it actually feels less solid and durable than the RS wheel, which was a bit surprising. I actually never had any gripes with the leather feel of the RS, so the Alcantara is more a pleasing sidestep than a serious upgrade for me. It feels nice, grips well and whatever padding they use underneath is ever so slightly pliable, giving it a softer hold than the RS wheel. The stitching is acceptable - certainly not premium level or anything, but at £120, I'd say that's expected. Buttons individually dont seem anything special and perhaps even a tad cheap looking compared to the RS', but I think they have a bit better tactile press, so that's ok. Gotta say that I dont like the button layout as much as the RS', though. Just personal preference and not a big deal.

All those things are really secondary aspects when it comes down to it - the real reasons I bought the wheel were larger size and reported better FFB. And I'm quite happy to say that these aspects have delivered. I was skeptical how much of a difference it could actually be, especially with a mere 2cm diameter increase and a wheel that is said to weigh the same as the RS. I sometimes feel that certain sim racers are either exaggerating about their experiences with FFB feel, have insane levels of sensitivity, or just dont really know what they're talking about, but the wheel really does transmit more detailed and more powerful FFB. Undoubtedly. No placebo or anything, it's entirely impactful and in a very good way. And the extra 2cm of diameter has somehow made the rim feel a whole lot more like a real steering wheel from a car, even at only 4:5 scale. Both of these add up to a really, really nice improvement in immersiveness, feel and enjoyment.

It's not cheap and was a total impulse luxury buy after having sold a few things I've had sitting around for a while - I was also half expecting for it to disappoint to where I'd simply send it back - but it's a keeper. For regular T300RS users, I'd still say that a pedal upgrade should be top priority, followed by a TH8A shifter, but if you've done all that and are looking for the next way to upgrade your experience - the 599XX wheel should probably be strongly considered. Quite impressed by it. I'll still probably use the RS rim whenever I play on PS4(pretty much solely for Gran Turismo), but for PC sims this will be on all the time.

Just need some gloves now to keep that Alcantara clean...

@Seanspeed - nice review. I want to get my hands on the T500 GT rim to use on my T300 (I don't want the paddles) but want the larger rim with the buttons.

As for gloves, you can get some very thin and cheap mechanics gloves that will almost exactly feel like nice racing gloves. I have some I got and they feel very close to my racing gloves. Because of my history on junk car racing I have real racing gloves, but there is no reason to spend that kind of money for sim racing, but don't let me stop you.

I love the gloves for sim racing because then it does not matter what the wheel is made of really, it will feel nice anyways with the gloves. My issue is with junk car racing.. my racing gloves are actually dirty :lol:

@Seanspeed - nice review. I want to get my hands on the T500 GT rim to use on my T300 (I don't want the paddles) but want the larger rim with the buttons.

As for gloves, you can get some very thin and cheap mechanics gloves that will almost exactly feel like nice racing gloves. I have some I got and they feel very close to my racing gloves. Because of my history on junk car racing I have real racing gloves, but there is no reason to spend that kind of money for sim racing, but don't let me stop you.

I love the gloves for sim racing because then it does not matter what the wheel is made of really, it will feel nice anyways with the gloves. My issue is with junk car racing.. my racing gloves are actually dirty :lol:
Cool, thanks for the advice. I'd been looking at some biking gloves, but if some cheap, simple mechanics gloves do the trick, I'll probably have to go with that! I may have bought a £120 optional wheel for sim racing, but I'm usually quite a cheap bastard!

Thrustmaster T300 GT Edition

http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/brands/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-t300-gt-edition.html

T300 RS and T3PA GT EDITION PEDAL SET - was probably supposed to come out in time for GT Sport
Interesting indeed. Of course, it's just the T300RS rim with a GT instead of PS logo, and altered pedal faces on the T3PA.

Given that T300RS has MSRP of €360 and T300 alcantara set €480, I expect this new set to MSRP at €400-420.

(Street price at the moment is €300 for T300RS and €400 for T300 alcantara set, so €350 for the T300 GT set would be approximately where I'd expect to see it after the launch period)

How come you never get angled accelerator as well as longer accelerator plates? I've never been in a race car so I wouldn't know good pedals and design. Personally I'd love to change all the plates on the TP3A for something feeling better and fancy. I also feel the accelerator and clutch is too light?

Hello everyone!

(GT6 Player here) I got my T300 RS just today and made a test session. I still need to figure out the FFB settings to steer confident, but it will not take too much time :).

But the pedals are too strong for me (no joke!) and what makes this even worse is that I love to tap the brakes early/mid corner if I have entered the corner too fast (DFGT habit:banghead:).
Is there any method to make the brake pedal less stiff, especially at the beginning? The throttle can get a bit of such a modification aswell :embarrassed:.

Is the T3PA a better option at this point?

Hmm, too strong? Everywhere I've read the stock pedals are too weak. The T3PA pedals are even stronger if you have the conical cone installed. I love a very hard brake. I feel the accelerator and clutch could be a bit stiffer... Wouldn't mind a bit more resistance.

Thanks for your reply!
It seems that I need to change my driving style ~ yay:indiff: :) (Drive with ABS 0 to start)
It is the entry stiffness that makes it feel weird or maybe I should start to use old but comfortable shoes, to apply more force as before. 👍
I'm gonna try that out! Thanks again.

The T3PA has a slightly firmer brake (without the brake mod installed) and similar accelerator feel but with longer throw. You could change the springs in either pedal set to reduce firmness by opening them up and voiding the warranty (not advised!!!), but I suspect this would make them feel spongey rather than better.

However don't worry, you will adjust to the new brake quickly and you really shouldn't have to wear shoes to do so either. The most important thing is to find a good stable place to put the pedal base and relearn how much force is needed to get the braking level you want. A couple of weeks and you'll wonder how you ever braked accurately with DFGT pedals. A few weeks later and you'll be wondering whether the firm T3PA brake will get you ever better no-ABS braking skills (hint: It will).

I personally don't know how people can drive with socks. It feels all weird to me.

I drive with these as well as real driving.

aq11459_l1.jpg

Thanks again for your answers and insight. :bowdown:
I can recocnize the difference between yesterday and now. (Lotus 97T with no assist is so good to drive and used this monster to master the DFGT aswell)

The T3PA is to consider when I see that my times get hold up by the stock pedals.

Looked through the basement and found some fitting shoes, I'll try them out in the weekend.

Have a nice weekend everyone! 👍

Back