Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thrustmaster T300 GT Edition

http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/brands/thrustmaster/thrustmaster-t300-gt-edition.html

T300 RS and T3PA GT EDITION PEDAL SET - was probably supposed to come out in time for GT Sport

Interesting indeed. Of course, it's just the T300RS rim with a GT instead of PS logo, and altered pedal faces on the T3PA.

Given that T300RS has MSRP of €360 and T300 alcantara set €480, I expect this new set to MSRP at €400-420.

(Street price at the moment is €300 for T300RS and €400 for T300 alcantara set, so €350 for the T300 GT set would be approximately where I'd expect to see it after the launch period)

Stocks will probably ramp up for Christmas season but will most likely be limited like they always do with Thrustmaster products.

Wonder how much GT Sport game delay had affected this. I would have guessed that this would only release a few months after their GT Sport Wheel hits the market along with the GT Sport game release. Otherwise it might cannibalise their own sales for a high-end wheel.

Another curiosity of mine would be any updates to the internals to address some durability issues. Just like T500RS after a couple minor branding updates, they seem to have ironed out some issues that after the product in its early days.

Packaging the T300 with the T3PA makes this a lot better in value for me. I read that T3PA pedals don't stick well in carpets though. Apparently it doesn't have the spikes like Logitech pedal base. If so that's another negative for me :indiff:

I just got a T300. I've never had a wheel before. I'm excited, but worried about some of the problems I'm hearing. I bought the wheel off Amazon.ca (I'm in Canada) and I'm waiting for it to ship.

I couldn't find any clear information on their website, so I was just wondering what is the warranty on Thrustmaster wheels in Canada. Should I have gone with the T150 for more reliability?

Edit: If I'm mostly concerned about reliability because I'm short on funds, should I just go with the T150? I got the Thrustmaster T300 for $350 instead of $500 here in Canada. I can get the T150 with T3PA pedals for $350 in Canada.

Last edited:
I just got a T300. I've never had a wheel before. I'm excited, but worried about some of the problems I'm hearing. I bought the wheel off Amazon.ca (I'm in Canada) and I'm waiting for it to ship.

I couldn't find any clear information on their website, so I was just wondering what is the warranty on Thrustmaster wheels in Canada. Should I have gone with the T150 for more reliability?

Edit: If I'm mostly concerned about reliability because I'm short on funds, should I just go with the T150? I got the Thrustmaster T300 for $350 instead of $500 here in Canada. I can get the T150 with T3PA pedals for $350 in Canada.
well i'm from canada and thrust master has one year warranty but in a month the pedals broke and there was no warranty total cost to me was $800.00 then little over year my t300 stop cal. . now for $400.00 i just got a logitech g29 and my mac / pc ps3/ps4 work with it.and it don't shutdown my tv laugh out loud.

well i'm from canada and thrust master has one year warranty but in a month the pedals broke and there was no warranty total cost to me was $800.00 then little over year my t300 stop cal. . now for $400.00 i just got a logitech g29 and my mac / pc ps3/ps4 work with it.and it don't shutdown my tv laugh out loud.
Why was there no warranty for you?

Why was there no warranty for you?
over the year. logitech 2years . if i had the cash for fanatic i would try it to.
logitech $499.99
thrust master $499.99
fanatic i think about $1600.00

Last edited:
fSa1uxQ.jpg

3PtRwof.gif

i canada the wheel is$300.00 the panels $300.00 and the base 400.00 total cost $1,000.00 plus taxes makes it about $1200.00 the over year more 1200
dollar for playing on ps3/ps4 and pc but no mac
with logitech 29 for $450.00 plus taxes i
can play on mac /pc ps4 and ps3 plus for other logitech g920 play xbox for 450.00 plus taxes.
make it $900.00 and that at best buy no waiting for shipping

KNOW BULL THERE OR PIC

Last edited:

I know Costco gives 1 year warranty. T150 isn't close to T300

My t300 shows up today. I got my t3pa pro pedals yesterday. Is there anything I need to know about setting them up that isnt in the instructions?

Perhaps using a dry lube might work. Be sure to unplug the power and USB cables until it dries. I have not tried this since mine is not doing this. If is internal then this may not work. Just an idea. I would contact Thrustmaster for suggestions or recommendations via e-mail or voice.

I still have noisy fan, overheating and a vibration issue, so i am getting it sorted whilst its still under warranty. I thought i read it on here, Does anybody know if the t300 wheel base has had an internal makeover, due to the large amount of faulty units ?. I read that the fan has been replaced in T300's with a larger one that is faster, thus increasing the cooling affect. Anybody know of anything ?

I also had that noisy fan issue....a firm tap helps for a while but comes back every time I start the PS4 or wheel. Already opened the T300 and it is very easy to replace the fan. Because of the extra adapter which holds the fan I used the same size and bought it at a local computershop for about €5.
My wheel has a production date of last year. Don't know if that already had another larger fan then the earlier models? I doubt it.

I assume you also have forced cooling mode enabled on the T300?

Thrustmaster T300 fan replacement and additional holes for better cooling.

That is a good idea, however, mine is still under warranty and that would invalidate the warranty.
I also had that noisy fan issue....a firm tap helps for a while but comes back every time I start the PS4 or wheel. Already opened the T300 and it is very easy to replace the fan. Because of the extra adapter which holds the fan I used the same size and bought it at a local computershop for about €5.
My wheel has a production date of last year. Don't know if that already had another larger fan then the earlier models? I doubt it.

Forced cooling is on yes, that was sort of my point, are they using a larger fan ? higher rpm fan ? if not, i cant see what replacing the fan with an identical one would achieve. If more cooling is needed, then either additional air vents, a larger fan (to move more air around) or a higher fan speed would all improve the cooling. Surely thrustmaster have addressed the issue by now ? All of those faulty t300 unit replacemants are not good for business. Nobody seems to know though.

Surely thrustmaster have addressed the issue by now ? All of those faulty t300 unit replacemants are not good for business. Nobody seems to know though.
Thrustmaster have remained very tight lipped about the whole subject of reliability (or rather the lack of), for fairly obvious reasons. If they make an announcement of any kind concerning an improvement in design, it's almost admitting that there was initially a problem with the original design and then the flood gates of claims would really open up.

We might not know about internal changes for a year or two, people don't want to open up their wheel bases while they are still within the warranty period.

Opening the T300 doesn't brake a seal or so. Only the bolts on the fan itself has red 'kind of' red loctite sealing.
So just must investigate via a microscope to judge if some one opened the cover of the base.

Mine has the same issue, but only happened a handful of times in the last year. Like you, smacking the top of the unit makes the noise stop. It hasn't come back for months now, but I bought a same size replacement off Amazon for less than $5, so I'll replace it if the noise becomes more chronic. And mine is out of warranty already, so I don't care if I open it up.

Just an update on my issue. Thrustmaster were very interested in the serial number of the wheel, i can only presume that they have made some revisions to the fan recently, it sounds like they know exactly what my issue is.

Since I sentence my wheel back about 10 months ago, I think my fan has stopped working. I can't hear it kick on, and after playing for awhile, I can definitely feel some fade in the motor. Luckily I still have about a whole year left on the warranty.

Back